Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

Daisydog,
Your Link is VERY good. I couldn't get past your projectile game for some reason. It also doesn't help that the lag was 'throwing' off my timing.

The Chop Suey,
I've noticed a few characters that R.O.B. has a tough time with. Thanks for making one more obvious.

Anyways, thanks Daisydog, The Chop Suey, and hero101 for all the 1-on-1 practice.

[quote name='Daisydog']But now I can never let you live it down and I will never offer a rematch :cool:[/quote]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the games guys. People have been playing less and less. At least during the day time.
-
Marc, it took everything I had to beat Diddy. Trusty Link didn't let me down. He's so trusty! :lol:
Spamming my projectiles towards the end happened out of sheer desperation. But it worked so I went with it. I don't know how I picked up so many of those bananas. I was just trying to slash you.
But now I can never let you live it down and I will never offer a rematch :cool:

Thanks maigo and suko for the matches.

suko, I actually really enjoy 1 vs. 1's with you (and I'm not usually a fan of 1 vs. 1's). I think I need a one stock handicap though! What'd I win, like, one out of a ton of games? :lol:

[quote name='Rig']Thanks maigo and suko for the matches.

suko, I actually really enjoy 1 vs. 1's with you (and I'm not usually a fan of 1 vs. 1's). I think I need a one stock handicap though! What'd I win, like, one out of a ton of games? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you did manage to get a win! Eventually, that may explode into many :)

That one stock handicap does sound interesting. We should try it next time.

Edit: Maigo, am I just sucking bad or did you suddenly get better in our Ike vs Ike? Or is it both?

UPDATE:

FallMoon and TimPV3 have been dropped from the Smash season.

KhaosX is taking over FallMoon's schedule.

If anybody is interested in taking over TimPV3's schedule, please PM me. Acceptance will be on a first come first serve basis.

Edit: Double posting in both Smash threads to gather interest.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Hmmm....I wonder if I should get back into online Smash...[/QUOTE]

What are you, chicken?
Just kidding. Don't forget to adjust to the lag again.

Besides, maigo needs a challenge since he doesn't find his schedule challenging.

Edit: I think I know why you resigned now. So that you wouldn't face against Arikado and hope that there would be an open spot. It was all part of the masterplan.

I'm not even at home right now, so I can't play you even if I wanted to. That's why i said later this evening. I'll probably use my roommate's Wii, like always.

Oh snaps!

I just realized that if you do takeover, Beef, you have a match against maigoyume...this week!

You guys can have Lucario dittos to see who's the top dog. ;)

Oh great, just what I need: temptation.

....I'll come back, but on one condition:
You gotta make a big-ass post mentioning that I'm comin' back. ;)

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Psh, I remember takin' out Maigo and HER shenanigans. That's right.

I'll think about it, and give you an answer later today.[/quote]Oh I'm going to smoke you so bad you're gonna be Mr. Jerked.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Oh great, just what I need: temptation.

....I'll come back, but on one condition:
You gotta make a big-ass post mentioning that I'm comin' back. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Your post is gonna be as long as KhaosX's: one fuckin' line. :lol:

So are you in?

Edit: Expect a PM before 2:30. I'm making adjustments right now.

sure mai, give me 5

GGs mai

bleh i dont have the ability to play this game to your guys' par
i think its time ssb hit the storage

[quote name='maigoyume']Going online now, anyone up for some matches?[/QUOTE]

I want some 1-on-1 matches tonight but I have to head back to work soon.

PM me maigo if you're interested. I'll be free from 8 pm and after. I needz my nap after work. :drool:

GG's to Lurk, Janet, and Blue

Can't do anything about it buddy, I have a decent connection.
Its just that you guys are so far away.
Best bet is just 1v1. It wasn't bad at all when I was playing just Janet.

[quote name='maigoyume']
Best bet is just 1v1. It wasn't bad at all when I was playing just Janet.[/quote]
Yeah, surprisingly.
You're too fast for Link :cry: I couldn't get many attacks on you, but my Lucas did OK. When I wasn't killing myself trying to come back on stage that is.

But Link is heavy, you'll just get me in infinite grabs :lol:
I'm finishing dinner and then I'm going to watch some tv, but I'll probably play later tonight.

[quote name='maigoyume']Use your hookshot as you're coming down to block me.[/quote]
Did someone finally tell me the secret?! :lol: I'll have to try that and see what it does.
But almost everything I tried to do against you was too slow, you hit me mid slash. I'll need to flail around and be faster than you :bouncy:

Or you could fastfall into a spotdodge.

Edit: Also try using your quicker moves like AAA combo more often. Smashes take a little bit of time to come out. Your A combo is quite quick and puts the opponent at a good distance for arrow/boomerang shots.

eh...anyone want to play with me? I've yet to play online as I've only had good internet for a couple weeks and no one ever joins in the "with anyone" option. 2535 5935 6047. I apologize in advance if I suck.

[quote name='maigoyume']Best bet is just 1v1.[/QUOTE]

I know, I was just frustrated because it was almost borderline unplayable for me. Not bad enough to where movement was jerky, but bad enough to where the expected timing of moves was off. I think (hope) I would do better in 1 vs 1 in that situation than what happened there.

Good games earlier too dyeknom. Sorry I had to run after 3 games. What the hell happened to your Mr. G&W that last game? You flew under the stage to the right after I spiked you. I was laughing so hard. :lol:

Izzy for a few games, then Rig!

:D

EDIT: Maigo, it kicks me off the network when I try to join! You want to try joining my game?
EDIT2: Hehe, I guess we'll all three play for a while!

[quote name='maigoyume']Or you could fastfall into a spotdodge.

Edit: Also try using your quicker moves like AAA combo more often. Smashes take a little bit of time to come out. Your A combo is quite quick and puts the opponent at a good distance for arrow/boomerang shots.[/quote]

AA-Push the stick down and back, then dsmash.

[quote name='hero101']Joeb is acting so silly...:cry:[/quote]

Oh no! What did I do?

Suko, I'm ready. :applause: EDIT: Oh, I'm home! Well, let's play at FD, Yoshi's Island, and Smashville. :)

sorry I had to cut it short wolfkin, some people came over and are going to watch a movie. GG though, that was my first time ever playing brawl online and it was pretty enjoyable if laggy at times. I probably wouldn't have won either of those two if it weren't for smash balls though, haha...

[quote name='hero101']You killed yourself deliberately. :roll:[/quote]

Don't be so quick to judge. I'm still adjusting to some of Yoshi's spacing issues (every time I down-B to death, I'm intending to grab the ledge), as well as some minor kinks (egg roll deaths = me trying to throw an egg). I'm trying to improve just as you are.

Also, suko, my Wifi USB dongle is acting up. Let me figure it out - should only be five minutes.

good game Melatonin (Olson). clearly I'm not yet at my melee level of proficiency but it was highly entertaining playing against a person. As a matter of fact that was my first time as well. Soon as I get my skill back with Marth I won't go so easily.

bread's done
Back