Super Smash Bros. Brawl Site! Discussions Inside. Release Date: December 3, 2007

Sets variable "isYoshiInBrawl" to true.

I mean, how in the hell could he not be at this point?

suko I demand you append the OP with "Strell says Yoshi is in Brawl," because then I am right you see. You can also call me awesome if you wish.

The song is bad ass, actually. They violate Mario Colbert's music rule No. 1 and that is: NEVER FADE OUT YOUR MUSIC, especially when a new thing begins to develop.

If they did nothing but post music for the next two weeks, I'd probably be happier than re-announcement of all the known characters.

I should slap you right now. :p

The soundtrack is going to be masterful. I had the last one, and it was great. I hope they release a live version like they did with SSBM.

i wish SSBB would have alternate costumes. They could do so much with this that it angers me as to why they haven't. Mario could be many forms...Super Mario, Cape Mario, Racoon Mario, etc. All with different moves. That will never happen though. *sigh*.

[quote name='tayaf69']i wish SSBB would have alternate costumes. They could do so much with this that it angers me as to why they haven't. Mario could be many forms...Super Mario, Cape Mario, Racoon Mario, etc. All with different moves. That will never happen though. *sigh*.[/QUOTE]
How is this any different from the Mario/Dr. Mario type of characters in SSBM? :whistle2:s

Regardless, it seems like that would just needlessly complicate the game.

Hmm..They are also gonna add an entry for every pokemon in the pokeball..lol interesting.
I want more characters!! :(

The soundtrack will be classic, mark that down.

I want around 30-40 characters with no clones.

Pokeball update today? And some Pokemon yesterday? I hope we get some more characters, stages, new items, in the future. I guess all the updates can't be winners.

[quote name='lilboo']Hmm..They are also gonna add an entry for every pokemon in the pokeball..lol interesting.
I want more characters!! :([/quote]Hey they have like what 150 more days not counting weekends till the game ships they have to have something, lol. Yeah I want more characters too thats all I care about, lol.

[quote name='lilboo']Hmm..They are also gonna add an entry for every pokemon in the pokeball..lol interesting.
I want more characters!! :([/quote]

No, just the new ones. Look, they did one for Goldeen and that green guy. They're not complete assholes, and I think that a little news a day is actually fun. Gives me something to check out while I'm at work, and need a little break.

I want more characters!! :([/QUOTE]
My theory is that when the game comes out, it'll have the same cover as Pokemon Battle Revolution except with the title crossed out and just the word "Brawl" in caps all in black sharpie.

[quote name='lilboo']Well they could give us at least ONE character profile a week... :([/quote]

Agreed wholeheartedly. I got my eye set on that "Game Modes" category myself. What are they going to say?

"VS."
Mario and Link are going to FIGHT! Mario is controlled by...

PLAYER ONE!

OOOH! LOOK AT THE CONTROLS.

Link is controlled by? You guessed it... PLAYER TWO.

They fight each other on the system, by playing together in front of TV. Invite your friends and smash them up!

Screen shots after every line, of course.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Agreed wholeheartedly. I got my eye set on that "Game Modes" category myself. What are they going to say?

"VS."
Mario and Link are going to FIGHT! Mario is controlled by...

PLAYER ONE!

OOOH! LOOK AT THE CONTROLS.

Link is controlled by? You guessed it... PLAYER TWO.

They fight each other on the system, by playing together in front of TV. Invite your friends and smash them up!

Screen shots after every line, of course.[/quote]gotta love the captions though :)

I love the updates so far. I really don't care what they put up, so long as they continue to put up 1-2 things a day. I'd much rather get a trickle of news over no news at all.

Not like there are any other big nintendo announcements right now.

Come on Captain Olimar.

[quote name='willardhaven']So do you guys think that Peach vs. Samus is a fair matchup? I hear a lot of people saying Peach is cheap.[/quote]

I firmly believed in wonderful balance of the game, until I played Dr. Mario Kart. I don't know, go ask him. He's incredible.

[quote name='willardhaven']So do you guys think that Peach vs. Samus is a fair matchup? I hear a lot of people saying Peach is cheap.[/QUOTE]
It depends. What most would argue is that Samus gets raped because she can crouch cancel a lot and Peach's down a punishes that.

[quote name='MarioColbert']I firmly believed in wonderful balance of the game, until I played Dr. Mario Kart. I don't know, go ask him. He's incredible.[/quote]

Oh, are you two friends?
DKM is better?
I must play him.

[quote name='willardhaven']So do you guys think that Peach vs. Samus is a fair matchup? I hear a lot of people saying Peach is cheap.[/quote]

HA!! Has anyone had that asshole that uses Samus, and stays on the edge shooting the freakin homing missles in a four player game?! Talk about cheap. That bitch is as cheap as they come. That's why I have StarFox to help around and deflect them, then get back quick enough to kick some more buttocks.

[quote name='hohez']I love the updates so far. I really don't care what they put up, so long as they continue to put up 1-2 things a day. I'd much rather get a trickle of news over no news at all.

Not like there are any other big nintendo announcements right now.

Come on Captain Olimar.[/QUOTE]
Personally, I'm holding out for Tom Nook. I'll bet he's got some great enforcement techniques to use on those jerks who don't pay him back the loans they take out.

I think Tom Nook & Olimar both need to be in. They're both obvious additions, and both would be welcome.
But like I said before, I'm still holding out hope for the Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents. I don't care if they have to do it as an alternate costume, to get one of the US characters & one of the Japanese ones in, but they need to be in there. Failing that, an item that summons them, or a level based on the games would be fine. But I'd really like to be able to play as Kai in the game.

Today's update ..::drum roll::

..When you fall off the ledge...GET BACK TO THE GROUND!!!

Well..I never knew that! THANKS! :roll:

[quote name='lilboo']Today's update ..::drum roll::

Well..I never knew that! THANKS! :roll:[/QUOTE]
Hooray for rules!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Kids these days, going around thinking they know how to play video games.[/quote]

::glares::
You'll get yours.

[quote name='dallow']::glares::
You'll get yours.[/quote]

Uh, you don't know who you're fucking with. Just a warning. Don't talk shit until after the fact.

I just want to point out that my idea for a multiplayer update was a little more exciting than the one they had posted. Nice to see MetaKnight in the screenshots, though.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Uh, you don't know who you're fucking with. Just a warning. Don't talk shit until after the fact.

I just want to point out that my idea for a multiplayer update was a little more exciting than the one they had posted. Nice to see MetaKnight in the screenshots, though.[/QUOTE]
Please guys, try to talk big like that is pretty pointless, especially here on CAG.

... at least arrange a money match...

j/k. I assume MC and Dr.MK are proficient at SSBM.

[quote name='halu102']j/k. I assume MC and Dr.MK are proficient at SSBM.[/quote]

You are wrong about me, unless I have items and don't have to fight fair. DMK pwnz, though.

I can yell funny things while fighting with items. DMK? That dude is serious and silent as death while playing his shit. Do play him sometime, though, you'll be soaking up "leet skillz" in no time.

[quote name='lilboo']Today's update ..::drum roll::

Well..I never knew that! THANKS! :roll:[/QUOTE]
Apparently, they are trying to cover every aspect of the game. :lol:

Just give it time and more interesting updates will follow. They can't show their entire hand now, especially since we've got months until the game is released. We'll get character profiles...just expect to wait for anybody that hasn't already been announced or who wasn't in the previous games.

Patience will pay off. Sooner or later, we'll get the game. :)

I'm not Smash slouch. I don't talk smack, I just like to kid around.

I'd love to play these guys.
Probably wouldn't play with most of you though as it's not worth the time, but I would like to challenge the top CAGs if there is an online mode.

That leaves DMK out though. No online for him.
I'm in Austin from time to time though...

[quote name='dallow']I'm not Smash slouch. I don't talk smack, I just like to kid around.

I'd love to play these guys.
Probably wouldn't play with most of you though as it's not worth the time, but I would like to challenge the top CAGs if there is an online mode.

That leaves DMK out though. No online for him.
I'm in Austin from time to time though...[/QUOTE]
Thank goodness you guys aren't asses or little kids. When I used to frequent the Smash Bros message boards, there were too many. I personally hate that community. CAGs always have a sense of maturity, especially since most are either young adults or middle aged it seems.

Online seems like it'd be a blast among CAGs. However, I still have this weird skeptical feeling that this game just wont live up to it's expectations. Not because of the slow info flow, but I just can't put my finger on it. Well, I've been wrong before, but I do hope that this game will become a true system seller (I don't even have a Wii yet, honestly there aren't any true system sellers atm, I think).

And that description of Dr.MK sounds very familiar as some of the people I played had an uncanny resemblance.

I'm pretty sure I could take out dallow. He'd probably complain the game was in such a low resolution that he wouldn't be able to tell what he was doing anyway.

[quote name='Strell']I'm pretty sure I could take out dallow. He'd probably complain the game was in such a low resolution that he wouldn't be able to tell what he was doing anyway.[/quote]

Yeah, you guys better be hooked up via 24K, jewel-encrusted component cables or else, why bother?

I didn't need two posts that both smacked of "Yes Strell, you will hand me my ass like it was butter at the dinner table."

I mean, one was enough.

function SSBB_SiteIsUp_DI_thread{

if $user="jollydwarf"{
set mode +m;
kick($user, "the_fuck_out",$reason="bye");
}
elseif $user="MarioColbert"{
masturbate(SuperSmashBros.Melee);
talk_shit(!Strell, !DrMarioKart);
post_superfluous_explanation(SSBM);
}

// This comment! It does NOTHING!

print_f("\n
Step 1: YAY UPDATE! \n
Step 2: Boo, we knew that! \n
Step 3: Hey, you know what I like about the game? \n
Step 4: DMK can kill you and my mom. \n
Step 5: OMG I'm not as bad as I sound \n
Step 6: Occasional joke at the expense of PS3/XBOX/XBOX360/etc. \n
Step 7: God UPDATE AGAIN Already, GEEZ! \n"
GO TO STEP 1."}
}
// I'll write interpretor for steps latar. Too tired now. KTHXBYE.

Hey, guys, we don't even have to post here anymore! I did done automated it!

SHITS!

[quote name='Strell']LOLCode or gtfo kthxbye.[/quote]

Sure. But I'll remember that.

HAI
CAN HAS STDIO?
SO IM LIKE SSMBTHREADOMFG!!!DISCUSHUN_THREDD WITH VAR_USR
IZ VAR_USR BE "jollydwarf"
YARLY
I HAS A VAL ITZ F_MODE WITH VAR+M
KICKZOR(VAR_USER, I HAS A F_DESTINASHUN ITZ "da_FUKKZOR_OOT", I HAS A F_REASON ITZ "BAI")
NOWAI
IZ VAR_USR BE "Strell"
YARLY
VISIBLE "I IZ IN UR THREAD STEALIN UR PENIS JOKE"
NOWAI
IZ VAR_USR BE "MarioColbert"
YARLY
MARSTRUBATAH(I HAS A REASON "SUPRMSHBRSMLEEE!!!!1")
I HAS A VAR_ENTRY ITZ TALKSH1TZ NOT Dr. Mario Kart NOT Strell
I HAS A VAR_ENTRY ITZ POST_TOO_LONG_AGAIN();
NOWAI
PLZ OPEN FILE "LOLTHREAD.TXT"?
AWSUM THX
VISIBLE FILE
O NOES
INVISIBLE "ERROR!"
KTHX
KTHX
KTHXBYE

[quote name='LOLTHREAD.TXT']
Step 1: YAY UPDAIT! \n
Step 2: O NOES, I ALREADY NEW DAT! \n

Step 3: I LIKES... \n
Step 4: O NOES DMK MURDARS MOMS \n
Step 5: I IZ THE BESTZ \n
Step 6: I IZ IN UR PS3. \n
Step 7: POOPING INTO IT. \n
Step 8: ME. WANTZ. UPDAIT! \n
STEP 1 AGAINZ
[/quote]

If you don't like my capital letters, suck my dick. And go read http://www.lolcode.com for raised morale and discushunz. Obviously, not all the functions used by the program are listed. Any improved "LOLCODE" variable names/STEP descriptors are most welcome.

bread's done
Back