Target Black Friday 2019 Ad Deals

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Official ad here: https://weeklyad.target.com/promotions?code=Target-20191106&lnk=BlackFridaysnea&page=1

*Games are for multiple consoles as described in the details of the ad on Target's website. Though it is not shown in the physical ad, it is for other consoles.

Some BF deals will start Friday 11/08

Also if anyone is interested, I got some invites to a discord group for BF and alerts. PM me if you're interested.

20% Coupon w/ $50 Purchase

:ps4: $199.99 Playstation 4 1TB Last of Us Remastered, God Of War, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Bundle

:ps4: $199.99 Playstation VR Bundle w/ Resident Evil, Astro Bot, Hot Shots Golf VR, Skyrim VR and VR Worlds

:ps4: All Playstation VR Bundles will be $100 off

:switch: $199.99 Nintendo Switch Lite

:switch: $299.99 Nintendo Switch Neon or Gray Bundle w/ Mario Kart 8

:xb1: $199.99 Xbox One S 1TB Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Bundle w/ $40 Gift Card

:xb1: Save $150 and get a $40 gift card with all Xbox One X consoles

:xb1: $349.99 Xbox One X Gears of War 5 Bundle w/ $40 Gift Card

$249.99 Pac-Man or Marvel Upright Arcade Cabinets w/ 17in LCD Screen (4 Feet Tall)

:ps4: :xb1: $39.99 Playstation 4 and Xbox One Controllers

:switch: $59.99 Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Left / Right Controllers

:switch: $19.99 Nintendo Switch Traveler GoPlay Action Pack

$34.99 Turtle Beach Recon 200 Gaming Headset

$15 (over 100 games)

:ps4: Overwatch Legendary Edition (last year this was mixed up with the Game of the Year Edition)

:ps4: Aladdin and Lion King

:ps4: World War Z

:ps4: Division 2

:ps4: Kingdom Hearts 3

:ps4: Resident Evil 2

:xb1: Zombieland Double Tap Road Trip

:xb1: Grand Theft Auto V

:xb1: Team Sonic Racing

:xb1: Rainbow Six Siege

:switch: Killer Queen Black

:switch: Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle

:switch: Overcooked 2

:switch: Crash Tag Racing

:switch: Crash Bandicoot Remastered

$25 (over 40 games)

:ps4: Sims 4 Island Living

:ps4: Control

:ps4: Call of Duty Black Ops 4

:ps4: Nascar Heat 4

:xb1: Plants vs Zombies Battle For Neighborville

:xb1: Forza Horizon 4

:switch: Race with Ryan

:switch: Just Dance 2020

:switch: Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD

:switch: Spyro Reignited Trilogy

:switch: Overwatch Legendary Edition

$29.99 (over 30 games)

:ps4: Dragon Quest Builders 2

:ps4: WWE 2K20

:ps4: Judgement

:ps4: Catherine Full Body

:ps4: Red Dead Redemption 2

:ps4: Ghost Recon Breakpoint

:ps4: FIFA 20

:xb1: Fallout 76

:xb1: Mortal Kombat 2

:xb1: Rage 2

:xb1: Madden 20

:switch: Super Mario Odyssey

:switch: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

:switch: Mario Tennis Aces

:switch: FIFA 20

:switch: NBA 2K20

$35 (over 10 games)

:ps4: Need for Speed Heat

:ps4: NHL 10

:ps4: Borderlands 3

:xb1: Gears of War 5

:xb1: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition

:ps4: :xb1: $45 Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Save $5 on Xbox Live $25, PS+ $25 and Nintendo Online $20 cards

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm game for RE2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS4.  RE2 though I may just pick up the PC version if it's down to that price.

The Arcade1up Pac-Man and Marvel are listed for $250 black friday however I have already seen them in store at that price. -_- Disapointing

I'm hoping for the Xenoblade 2s to hit cheap prices this BF so I'll keep an eye out for those.

I might try and grab a couple Killer Queen Black if I can. Seems you need 2 copies of the game and 2 Switches for 8 player.

definitely getting ghost recon, catherine and madden for $30 each, might buy that xbox one s for $200, $40 gift card makes it basically $160 and it comes with the deluxe edition of jedi fallen order.
Yeah, that's the best deal in the ad so far. Makes the actual console sub-$100 which is incredible and beats the deal I got on it two years back.

RE2 finally hitting my buy price is nice too, and will probably pick up Ghost Recon as well (although I have a feeling it will be even cheaper after BF somewhere).

Considering the fact that Black Friday is less than a month before Christmas this year, I was expecting better deals. The Switch is 3 years old now, Nintendo couldn't have thrown us a bone by dropping the price a little, or offering a one day New 2DS XL deal for $100 in a limited edition color with a game? Even that crappy digital only Xbox One is $150 at some stores.
I was both shocked they're not dropping the price and at the same time, not. Nintendo continues their arrogant march towards irrelevance, while X1 and PS4 both have incredible offerings at $100 less and with better games. Switch lite is not a correct way to compete with those; that's like throwing 3DS at PS4/X1 and expecting it to dominate. Dumb.

I wonder if Target will be doing their "20% off future use" coupon like they have done the past few years?
It's Friday only and you have to spend $50 in a single transaction. It does work for online transactions but the times are PST so be careful if you're waiting until 12:01 am to buy. The date the future use is between December 3 - 14. There are asterisks on the $50 and the use date. It's page 29 (or 30?) on the online ad. Wasn't there an easier way to get the 20% last year with Cartwheel? I thought I triggered it without spending $50.

Some good deals there, but I already own or did own most of them already (SMO, BOTW, KH3, RE2).

I may pickup CTR Switch for $15 if I go to Target on BF.

I was both shocked they're not dropping the price and at the same time, not. Nintendo continues their arrogant march towards irrelevance, while X1 and PS4 both have incredible offerings at $100 less and with better games. Switch lite is not a correct way to compete with those; that's like throwing 3DS at PS4/X1 and expecting it to dominate. Dumb.
There's a reason for that - the Switch has outsold both of them for the last 10 months. They don't need to drop the price when they're selling them left and right.

Seriously. There is no way to argue they are "marching towards irrelevance" - and absolutely no reason for them to go fire-sale on pricing - when they have seen only massive success with the product.  And we're going on three years here.

I mean... get real.

I can't tell if this is a parody post or if you don't follow hardware sales.

I'll grab a variety of Switch games. Killer Queen Black, Crash, Crash racing. Maybe Spyro, Overwatch. I'd grab Dragon Quest Builders 2 if they hadn't excluded the Switch version. 

There's a reason for that - the Switch has outsold both of them for the last 10 months. They don't need to drop the price when they're selling them left and right.
Apples to oranges: Nintendo has found success in being the "new kid" after other consoles release so they can claim victory in the short-term. If Switch had launched head to head with PS4 and X1 it would have been a much clearer picture of who was top dog since the market share would be further split. Right now as PS4 and X1 wind down (and rightfully so since PS5 is coming in about a year), of course Switch is going to outsell them because Sony and MS already captured those sales years ago. If you're going to look at data, you have to consider factors and markets evenly; not tunnel vision.

Killer Queen and Overcooked 2 are in my sights, but I haven't actually gone out for BF in years, so not sure I'd really care to just for those two. :*(

Fingers crossed somewhere online will match those.
Buy what you want and add in whatever you need for free shipping. When you get your items just return the stuff you don’t need when you are by Target next time.

Buy what you want and add in whatever you need for free shipping. When you get your items just return the stuff you don’t need when you are by Target next time.
Will these be available online?

That's my main question.

Also, I'm worried they're going to be OOS pretty damn quick. :*(

I'm confused, it says the Switch Lite will be 199 but isn't it always 199? How is this a deal exactly, what am I missing?

That's my main question.

Usually go live around 3AM EST Thanksgiving if memory serves right. Usually with a bunch of deals that aren't in the ad, but yeah things tend to sell out in under an hour or so.

Wanna be able to get some of those $15 games but don't wanna fight the crowds or miss out on the sale?

Well, here's a YMMV way to (potentially) get them at that price:
Buy the games you want, the week before, 2 weeks before (try not to make it TOO obvious).
Return to any Target that Fri/Sat, rebuy the items with a completely different tender.

I say YMMV because you could encounter a "Target detective" at the Guest Service counter & block this by reselling the games at their original prices.
You can just buy them online.

God I wish the PS4 Pro would get a $150 discount like the X. Even a $100 drop would be something. God Sony's stingy.

Some good deals. Looking for a good 1080p tv to replace the 1080i hisense.

Looks like I'll be getting a couple games at least. Too bad I no longer have GCU, I may bite on the RD2.

Apples to oranges: Nintendo has found success in being the "new kid" after other consoles release so they can claim victory in the short-term. If Switch had launched head to head with PS4 and X1 it would have been a much clearer picture of who was top dog since the market share would be further split. Right now as PS4 and X1 wind down (and rightfully so since PS5 is coming in about a year), of course Switch is going to outsell them because Sony and MS already captured those sales years ago. If you're going to look at data, you have to consider factors and markets evenly; not tunnel vision.
This post would be a great reply to your post complaining about the pricing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Xbox One X Gears bundle is a tough sell considering the games on game pass. Throw in a far newer game and we'll talk. I'd be good with a $300 console only deal.

So pumped for Friday
Got my 34” Bat ready.
I don’t care how many peeps are in line in front of me, i’ll be the first in the store just like every year

No GCU and Target has the redcard 5% off but I get reward certificate points at Best Buy.

Damn, those are some great prices. I'm glad I held off on buying games this year. Can't believe RE 2 will be going for $15.

That's my main question.

I would start looking first thing Monday morning as some places have started putting their Black Friday sale items up on Monday of that week.

Overall underwhelming. I'll probably snag Aladdin/Lion King and Killer Queen but that's probably it for games. Maybe a couple movies but only if Walmart doesn't beat them.

In recent years, Target has probably been better than Walmart on pricing with Best Buy beating them both.
I have to disagree here. Last like 2-3 years I've only bought 1 or 2 items at Target due to being better deal. But maybe we were going for different stuff. Target hasn't been first stop on my list like last 5 or 6 years in general.

Dumb is about the only thing you got right there. What incentive does Nintendo have to lower the price of a console they are selling like mad at the current price? Additionally, Switch lite isn't competing with X1 or PS4 (it's also not even on sale in any form). It's replacing the 3Ds as a mobile gaming console and intended to tempt existing switch users into purchasing a 2nd console.

bread's done
Back