Target Black Friday 2019 Ad Deals

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Official ad here: https://weeklyad.target.com/promotions?code=Target-20191106&lnk=BlackFridaysnea&page=1

*Games are for multiple consoles as described in the details of the ad on Target's website. Though it is not shown in the physical ad, it is for other consoles.

Some BF deals will start Friday 11/08

Also if anyone is interested, I got some invites to a discord group for BF and alerts. PM me if you're interested.

20% Coupon w/ $50 Purchase

:ps4: $199.99 Playstation 4 1TB Last of Us Remastered, God Of War, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Bundle

:ps4: $199.99 Playstation VR Bundle w/ Resident Evil, Astro Bot, Hot Shots Golf VR, Skyrim VR and VR Worlds

:ps4: All Playstation VR Bundles will be $100 off

:switch: $199.99 Nintendo Switch Lite

:switch: $299.99 Nintendo Switch Neon or Gray Bundle w/ Mario Kart 8

:xb1: $199.99 Xbox One S 1TB Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Bundle w/ $40 Gift Card

:xb1: Save $150 and get a $40 gift card with all Xbox One X consoles

:xb1: $349.99 Xbox One X Gears of War 5 Bundle w/ $40 Gift Card

$249.99 Pac-Man or Marvel Upright Arcade Cabinets w/ 17in LCD Screen (4 Feet Tall)

:ps4: :xb1: $39.99 Playstation 4 and Xbox One Controllers

:switch: $59.99 Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Left / Right Controllers

:switch: $19.99 Nintendo Switch Traveler GoPlay Action Pack

$34.99 Turtle Beach Recon 200 Gaming Headset

$15 (over 100 games)

:ps4: Overwatch Legendary Edition (last year this was mixed up with the Game of the Year Edition)

:ps4: Aladdin and Lion King

:ps4: World War Z

:ps4: Division 2

:ps4: Kingdom Hearts 3

:ps4: Resident Evil 2

:xb1: Zombieland Double Tap Road Trip

:xb1: Grand Theft Auto V

:xb1: Team Sonic Racing

:xb1: Rainbow Six Siege

:switch: Killer Queen Black

:switch: Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle

:switch: Overcooked 2

:switch: Crash Tag Racing

:switch: Crash Bandicoot Remastered

$25 (over 40 games)

:ps4: Sims 4 Island Living

:ps4: Control

:ps4: Call of Duty Black Ops 4

:ps4: Nascar Heat 4

:xb1: Plants vs Zombies Battle For Neighborville

:xb1: Forza Horizon 4

:switch: Race with Ryan

:switch: Just Dance 2020

:switch: Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD

:switch: Spyro Reignited Trilogy

:switch: Overwatch Legendary Edition

$29.99 (over 30 games)

:ps4: Dragon Quest Builders 2

:ps4: WWE 2K20

:ps4: Judgement

:ps4: Catherine Full Body

:ps4: Red Dead Redemption 2

:ps4: Ghost Recon Breakpoint

:ps4: FIFA 20

:xb1: Fallout 76

:xb1: Mortal Kombat 2

:xb1: Rage 2

:xb1: Madden 20

:switch: Super Mario Odyssey

:switch: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

:switch: Mario Tennis Aces

:switch: FIFA 20

:switch: NBA 2K20

$35 (over 10 games)

:ps4: Need for Speed Heat

:ps4: NHL 10

:ps4: Borderlands 3

:xb1: Gears of War 5

:xb1: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition

:ps4: :xb1: $45 Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Save $5 on Xbox Live $25, PS+ $25 and Nintendo Online $20 cards

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in the xbox one x bundle. I was hoping to use the $40 gift card on an extra controller (which will be on sale for $40). I assume the gift card will be valid immediately? Thoughts?

I am interested in the xbox one x bundle. I was hoping to use the $40 gift card on an extra controller (which will be on sale for $40). I assume the gift card will be valid immediately? Thoughts?
I think the Black Friday gift cards work a little differently. In previous years you couldn't use them until Black Friday was over. Like they wouldn't be activated until a specific day. Not sure if that has changed. I don't see why Target wouldn't want people to spend that cash immediately.

Got an email today saying that Black Friday deals at Target start now, only to open the email and find that it's only deals on some of the TVs.

Check whether it's a physical or digital card issued. A digital card might have a delay before it appears in your account, but will be valid as soon as it does. Either way, all you have to do is buy the controller on a second transaction as soon as the card is in hand.

Controllers in general typically last the duration of the BF promo anyway. You should still be able to grab one even if there's a reasonable delay with a digital gift card.

...didn't see Zantra's post. Hopefully there isn't more small-print BS going on.

Pretty sure this is going to be my Target BF wish list (barring additional additions of unknown titles):

$15 Zombieland Double Tap Road Trip (PS4)

$15 World War Z (PS4)

$15 Aladdin/Lion King (PS4)

$15 Team Sonic Racing (PS4)

$15 CTR: Nitro Fueled (Switch)

$29.99 Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)

Still deciding on $15 Overcooked 2 (Switch) - may get the 2 pack with Overcooked 1 at Best Buy for $31.99 after GCU.

I think the Black Friday gift cards work a little differently. In previous years you couldn't use them until Black Friday was over. Like they wouldn't be activated until a specific day. Not sure if that has changed. I don't see why Target wouldn't want people to spend that cash immediately.
Because no retailer EVER wants ANY customer to use their gift cards. Think about it.

Pretty sure this is going to be my Target BF wish list (barring additional additions of unknown titles):

$15 Zombieland Double Tap Road Trip (PS4)

$15 World War Z (PS4)

$15 Aladdin/Lion King (PS4)

$15 Team Sonic Racing (PS4)

$15 CTR: Nitro Fueled (Switch)

$29.99 Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)

Still deciding on $15 Overcooked 2 (Switch) - may get the 2 pack with Overcooked 1 at Best Buy for $31.99 after GCU.
They're (or were) $21 for both games on the digital store at least. I get if you want physical though.

so crash team racing is $15 for switch, chances of this being the price for ps4? is $25 everywhere else.
It will be $15 for all 3 platforms according to the Target website when you click the details in the actual ad.

I'm a little bummed that the Switch Team Sonic Racing will not be $15. Only the PS4/XB1 versions will be according to the details link in the actual ad.

[attachment=33216:targetad15games.JPG]

Doesnt look like the $40 extra for the bundle is live. Are they really only making that a part of the bundle starting Wednesday?

The Xbox controllers for $40 are live.

The Xbox One S console with Jedi is semi-live. $200, but no $40 gift card yet.

seems like the extra $40 is witheld in the pre-sale, as previously mentioned. I hope I will be able to snag an xbox one x gears bundle and extra controller with the $40 gift card.

My local Target got some of the Playstation Greatest Hits in for the early sale. I haven't seen a lot of these titles there for months. Looked like they only got in a couple copies of each. 

There were still empty slots in the plastic game prison. Interesting if they stock up anything more for Black Friday. 

any idea when the black friday sales go live online? I'd like to grab an xbox one x gears 5 bundle with the $40 gift cert.
Thursday morning for regular people. Wednesday night for Target Circle members, and I believe Wednesday afternoon if you have a red card.

Because they want you to make a second trip.

I am interested in the Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart bundle, but I read that this bundle will include the older version of the Switch not the one with the better battery life. Can anyone confirm this?

I am interested in the Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart bundle, but I read that this bundle will include the older version of the Switch not the one with the better battery life. Can anyone confirm this?
Yeah. This has been known since the bundle was announced.

where does it say in the details of the ad that the deals are for multiple consoles?  I can't find that.

So if Control shows PS4, it's also on sale for Xbox?

where does it say in the details of the ad that the deals are for multiple consoles? I can't find that.

So if Control shows PS4, it's also on sale for Xbox?
Falcon, we dont know about the second part yet. No one here has a crystal ball. Just settle down and wait.

Falcon, we dont know about the second part yet. No one here has a crystal ball. Just settle down and wait.
Ok, but the main post in the thread says the details of the ad say that the deals are for multiple consoles. I'm just asking where in the ad it says that, since I can't find it.

Ok, but the main post in the thread says the details of the ad say that the deals are for multiple consoles. I'm just asking where in the ad it says that, since I can't find it.
Just open the ad in target! I

Yeah it is the older model which IMO doesn't make it a great deal. You would be better off buying the newer model and some games you want.

It will be $15 for all 3 platforms according to the Target website when you click the details in the actual ad.

I'm a little bummed that the Switch Team Sonic Racing will not be $15. Only the PS4/XB1 versions will be according to the details link in the actual ad.

targetad15games.JPG
I rented Team Sonic Racing for both the PS4 and Xbox One a month ago from Redbox when they were available to rent for 99 cents a day. I had serious difficulty finding anyone to race against online on both platforms. No lie. I was shocked. But the game spits out easy achievements like a sonofagun.

I remember reposting the Kotaku article that first announced that the Mario Kart bundle would include the old Switches. That said, it might not be a bad deal if you don't plan to play it in handheld mode very much. I bought the new model version with the better battery right after the announcement, and I have yet to set up the dock for it since I like to watch a TV show on my TV while I play the Switch. Hell, I probably could have bought a Switch Lite instead. But I like to have options.

I did.

How can I make this more clear? I don't see where it says the deals are for multiple consoles. Which of the 50+ pages does it say this on? Where on the page? I. DON'T. SEE. IT.
Page 37. You might need to use a black light to see the special “ink” they used.

Tonight at midnight PST the Black Friday deals all go live for Red Card holders, then at 6pm PST for Circle members. Then at midnight PST Wednesday night/Thursday morning for everybody else.

Sorry if this was answered already but would these prices be available online as well, there are some great games to choose from but I'm not sure if I want to deal with the crowds. 

I did.

How can I make this more clear? I don't see where it says the deals are for multiple consoles. Which of the 50+ pages does it say this on? Where on the page? I. DON'T. SEE. IT.
You're asking about Control, right? Open the ad on the Target website. Go to the page with the video games. Move your mouse over the section of $25 games, a little box that says "see details" pops up. Click on the "see details" box. It shows each game in the ad and for which systems. According to this box, Control will be on sale for both XB1 and PS4.

Tonight at midnight PST the Black Friday deals all go live for Red Card holders, then at 6pm PST for Circle members. Then at midnight PST Wednesday night/Thursday morning for everybody else.
Yeah, but is it all BF deals, or just select ones like in previous years?

Edit: according to the fine print it is access to over 100 BF deals on 11/27. Only 100. I'm guessing most of the video game deals will not be included.

You're asking about Control, right? Open the ad on the Target website. Go to the page with the video games. Move your mouse over the section of $25 games, a little box that says "see details" pops up. Click on the "see details" box. It shows each game in the ad and for which systems. According to this box, Control will be on sale for both XB1 and PS4.

Yeah, but is it all BF deals, or just select ones like in previous years?

Edit: according to the fine print it is access to over 100 BF deals on 11/27. Only 100. I'm guessing most of the video game deals will not be included.
We will see in an hour, or I will. Because, I'm a Red Card holder.

A Comedian died last night, and nobody cares. Nobody cares but me. Oh and there are no sale prices yet

Grabbed Crash Racing, Crash Trilogy, and Lion King/Aladdin double pack all for Switch for $46.

Outer Worlds is $35. Been seeing alot of people asking for a sale on that one.

Click on the Redcard tab to see the sale (on desktop). Resident Evil 2 is not sale.

I was hoping Control would be a part of the early sale so I could get one game out of the way. Surprised to see Outer Worlds on sale for $35.

You have to be logged in and have your Red Card attached to your account. In tiny red letters, it will say the Red Card price below the regular sale price. But, when you add it to your cart, it will only show up as the Red Card price. It seems like all game deals are active now. The 100s of titles for $15 was obviously false advertising on Target's part, but it's still a pretty good selection of games. The deals that seem to be missing are a lot of the other deals. Like on vacuums, and cookers, and clothing, and toys. A lot of those deals are missing. But, all of the game deals, and most of the TV deals seem to be there.

It is only a selection. Resident Evil 2 is missing as someone else mentioned. Only game im missing at this point that I want.
Was Resident Evil 2 actually in the ad though, or was the box art so small that somebody mistook one of the other Resident Evil games for Resident Evil 2? Because, it seems like no other stores have Black Friday deals on Resident Evil 2 that I can see.

It's every game shown in the ad.
It's not every game shown in the ad. Fallout 76, Control, and Zelda Breath of the Wild are not on sale yet, to name a few. I also don't see this as any false advertising on Target's part. The ad states the prices are good from the 28th to the 30th. What we're seeing now is just a taste of the final list.

bread's done
Back