Target Clearance Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Previous threads:

Target clearance is YMMV, ya dig! Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday, although not every Monday, but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Target often donates its older clearance titles to Goodwill stores, so keep that in mind when you're trying to find items. BigDirty: "Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, city and state. For example:
Debbie Does Skywalker, Xbox 360, $4.98
Mesa, AZ Power Road at Superstition Springs

Also, a great help when you're posting deals you've found is to check this post and see if your item's DPCI number is already listed. DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself. DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI numbers that are not already in the OP-- thanks! This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing-- often price tags will not be correct. Thanks to BigDirty for this:
1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Data ,Milk.com , or UPC Database and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to Mephitical for this tool for locating clearance titles, which is located here. Go to Amazon or Target to find the item's ASIN. When you find it, replace "B000O3IS48" in the URL with your item's ASIN. This will take you to a page asking you for your zip code. Type in your zip code and click enter-- this will display a list of local stores and whether or not they have your item in stock. YMMV on it working properly.

The lowest known price will be posted. The item could be higher or lower at your store. Numbers in gold are DPCI numbers, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

:wii: Wii

De Blob (added 06-15-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Madagascar Kartz with wheel (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Madden 2010 (added 09-05-10)
Mario Power Tennis (changed 07-20-10) (changed 08-05-20)
Tiger Woods 10 (added 09-05-10)

Saint (added 09-20-10)
[207-26-0362] Punch Out (added 06-15-10)

Red Steel 2 (added 09-20-10)

[207-26-0432] Metroid Prime Trilogy (changed 07-15-10)
[207-26-0052] Super Paper Mario (changed 07-15-10)

Fifa 10 (added 07-04-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (added 07-05-10)

:360: Xbox 360

Alone in the Dark (added 06-15-10)
Bioshock (added 06-15-20)
Brutal Legend (changed 07-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 06-15-10)
Dead Rising (added 06-25-10)
Left 4 Dead (updated 06-10-10)
Need for Speed Pro Street (changed 07-02-10)
Pro Evolution Soccer (added 09-20-10)
The Saboteur (added 06-30-20)
Saints Row (added 05-05-10)
Ski Doo (added 06-10-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-15-10)
Two Worlds (added 06-15-10)
You're in the Movies bundle (added 06-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

Cabela's 2010 (added 06-15-10)
Oblivion Game of the Year (added 06-15-10)

Are you Smarter than a 5th grader? (added 07-20-10)
Beatles Rock Band [game only] (added 04-12-10) (price updated: 05-12-10)
Call of Juraez (added 09-20-10)
Dead Rising (added 09-20-10)
IL-2 Sturmovik (changed 06-20-10)
Karaoke Revolution (added 08-01-10)
Orange Box (added 09-30-10)
Spongebob: Truth or Square (changed 07-02-10)
Tekken 6 (changed 07-20-10) (added 08-01-10)

Guitar Hero 5 (changed 07-02-10)

Alone in the Dark (added 06-20-10)
Assassin's Creed (added 06-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 09-20-10)
Call of Duty 3 (added 06-05-10)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (added 06-05-10)
Dark Void (added 08-01-10)
Fairytale Fights (added 08-10-10)
Halo Wars (added 06-20-10)
Gears of War (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (added 06-08-10)
Spiderman 3 (added 06-06-10)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (added 06-10-10)
Two Worlds (added 07-03-10)

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (added 06-15-10)

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (added 08-10-10)
Planet 51 (added 06-22-10)

[207-22-0458] Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (added 07-03-10)

:ps3: Playstation 3

2 pack of USB charging cables for PS3 (added 06-10-10)
Brutal Legend (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (added 07-20-10)
Red Faction: Guerilla (Updated: 06-10-10)

Dark Void (added 07-20-10)
Ghostbusters (added 09-20-10)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-30-10)
Lego Rockband (added 09-20-10)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (added 09-20-10)

Assassin's Creed (added 09-20-10)
Need for Speed Underground (added 09-20-10)
Star Wars Unleashed (added 09-20-10)

Infamous (added 09-20-10)

Beatles Rock Band (added 09-20-10)
Borderlands (added 09-20-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 09-20-10)
MLB: The Show 10 (added 08-01-10)
Prototype (added 09-20-10)
Resistance 2 (added 06-20-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-20-10)
Tekken 6 (added 09-20-10)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added 06-20-10)
UFC 2009 (added 09-20-10)

Resident Evil 5 Gold (added 09-20-10)
MLB 2010 (added 06-20-10)

Little Big Planet with Dual Shock 3 controller (added 06-20-10)

Green Day Rock Band (added 09-20-10)

Buzz Quiz World Bundle (added 09-20-10)

:ps2: Playstation 2

Brutal Legend (added 06-10-10)
MLB 10 (added 06-06-10)

:ds: Nintendo DS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness (added 07-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

100 classic books (added 08-01-10)

:psp: Sony PSP

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (added 09-20-10)
NBA Inside (added 06-10-10)

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (added 06-06-10)

:pc: PC

Borderlands (added 09-10-10)

Fallout Trilogy (added 06-20-10)

Braid (added 07-20-10)

Metro 2033 (added 09-20-10)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (added 06-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-20-10)

Other items

[SIZE=+1]Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew. Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.[/SIZE]

The Legend of EL HOARDO as told by Strell
No cankle too big and no score too small,
The one and only EL HOARDO.

He'll steal your stash - gonna take it all,
That's the one - EL HOARDO.

He's gonna run down all the aisles
and snatch up all the loot,
And he's feeling really confident
in his nipple protection suit!

Awesome sideburns and a dapper mask
He's at your local store,
Gonna clean out everything
And then go back for more!

Who's the guy in the Star Trek shades?
He's the man they call EL HOARDO.

His boots are secretly roller blades,
There he goes! EL HOARDO!

He's got a cape and it's totally sweet,
A flash in red and white,
Calls his fanny pack his utility belt,
He's ready for a discount fight!

You'd never think he could run so fast,
With a gut of giant size,
Asks all the ladies if they'd like a ride
On his Starship Enterprise!

What's that sound comin' down the lane?
It can only be EL HOARDO.

His stubby legs are gonna bring the pain,
Brace yourselves - EL HOARDO!

He packs a sword, it's a replica,
Like Zorro in disguise,
Gonna leave an H scratched on the wall,
Then he'll move those ten ton thighs!

Knows all the price drops all the time,
Has inhalers to survive,
Lives in a basement at his parents house,
At the age of thirty five!

That's the one who got your penny guide,
The stallion called EL HOARDO.

He's got his Rascal parked outside,
That Man-of-Men EL HOARDO.

EL HOOOOOOOARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ElHoardo1.jpg

"You just got...EL HOARDO'D!" __________________

There have been some confirmed reports of La Whoreda, the female counterpart to El Hoardo. She is obviously more rare in the Target environment since she usually focuses her energy to her Avon business, but caution should still be exercised.

*Please do not copy this list to Slickdeals or any other competing deal sites. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
No games at my Target at all!!!!! Yes, they are in the middle of the transition from the glass prisons to whatever new system they will use and all the games, except those on clearance (same as last week) where in the back. Maybe later in the week when they put the new layout they will finally make room for the newer games and get rid of all that Wii shovelware they have been trying to sell for $15-20 since Xmas!! Do what my Walmart did, sell them 2 for $20. Do something!!

Still 4 Red Faction Guerillas for 13.98 at the Target in Middle River Md. I picked it up last week, and hey, it's a blast! Excellent game for the dough.

They also had a clearance on some frozen food, btw. Jimmy Deans 8 pack of sausage egg and cheese biscuits for 1.45. Dat's cheap.

[quote name='kodave']Pure speculation, especially considering how widely available these Beatles plastic instruments are. Rarity adds to value over time.[/QUOTE]

IMHO = Speculation. I was just offering my opinion, only time will tell the truth.

[quote name='eugaet']No, it varies by individual store.[/QUOTE]

No it varies slightly by district. The only reason a particular store would be different in the same district is if the pricing team is bad. Target clearance is done through a system the stores have nothing to do with it besides making sure they are priced.

[quote name='biledriver']No it varies slightly by district. The only reason a particular store would be different in the same district is if the pricing team is bad. Target clearance is done through a system the stores have nothing to do with it besides making sure they are priced.[/QUOTE]

Completely untrue. I have been to multiple stores in the same district in a single day after each one has had their pricing team go through and update and the rate at which prices fall varies by store. You're correct that the manager doesn't sit there and manually decide prices and then change them in the computer, but it is entirely possible for two stores in the same district to have the same item on clearance at different price points. It is based on stock, demand, and other factors which get figured in at the central pricing point.

[quote name='biledriver']No it varies slightly by district. The only reason a particular store would be different in the same district is if the pricing team is bad. Target clearance is done through a system the stores have nothing to do with it besides making sure they are priced.[/QUOTE]Then I'll have to assume either every single store in my town is in a different district or a majority of them have bad pricing teams. It's not uncommon around here for two stores to have an item ring up at a clearance price (sometimes the same, sometimes different) while at a third store located directly between the other two it rings up full price.

Any time I'm interested to see what has clearanced and at what price, I have to visit every single store, because each store (around here anyhow) is different.

[quote name='bojay1997']Completely untrue. I have been to multiple stores in the same district in a single day after each one has had their pricing team go through and update and the rate at which prices fall varies by store. You're correct that the manager doesn't sit there and manually decide prices and then change them in the computer, but it is entirely possible for two stores in the same district to have the same item on clearance at different price points. It is based on stock, demand, and other factors which get figured in at the central pricing point.[/QUOTE]

very true, depends if its a target "greatland" (bigger target than most), sometimes its just not the same clearance price, i expect the same price at another store then, i get lucky and sometimes i dont

Was on a trip back to TN and hit the motha-load

Final Fantasy PSP ( dont know the exact number..... ) $4.98
Final Fantasy DISSIDIA PSP $13.74
PSP Bundle Accessory Pack $4.98
Band Hero Bunlde PS3 $44.XX ( dont remember the exact price )
PS3 accessory bundle $10.XX ( came w/ remote, fan, HDMI cable, and also a controller cradle )
GTA PSP $4.98
4GB Memory Stick Duo Pro $13.74
GPS gel-skin $7.XX

Others:
External iPhone Battery $9.98 ( bought one last week but lost it already...... )
Finger Nail Clippers $.37 :D

I picked up the following tonight:

:ps2: DJ Hero bundle $19.xx
:360: Tetris Evolution $4.xx

I saw the following:

:ps3: Red Faction Guerilla $13.xx
:ps2: Band Hero bundle $39.xx
:psp: WWE $9.xx (sorry, don't remember the exact title)
PC Bioshock 2 CE $55.xx

[quote name='kk012']I picked up the following tonight:

:ps2: DJ Hero $19.xx
:360: Tetris Evolution $4.xx

I saw the following:

:ps3: Red Faction Guerilla $13.xx
:ps2: Band Hero bundle $39.xx
:psp: WWE $9.xx (sorry, don't remember the exact title)[/QUOTE]

is red faction worth it at that price? looks good but i'd rather get it for the xbox 360.

[quote name='jab1235']is red faction worth it at that price? looks good but i'd rather get it for the xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

I have it for :360: and it gets REALLY repetitive after a few hours. It was a blast (pun not intended) the first few hours, but it gets old since you do the same thing over and over. I bought it for $5 and I think that's about what it's worth. Don't pay any more than $10.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I have it for :360: and it gets REALLY repetitive after a few hours. It was a blast (pun not intended) the first few hours, but it gets old since you do the same thing over and over. I bought it for $5 and I think that's about what it's worth. Don't pay any more than $10.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I thought it'd be really cool but it got sooooooo old after awhile.

I saw :360: Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge for $4.98 today.

[quote name='rodieremix']Agreed, I thought it'd be really cool but it got sooooooo old after awhile.

I saw :360: Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge for $4.98 today.[/QUOTE]

Ski-Doo isn't a bad game, really, for $5, if you like the general idea. It's not perfect but I got it for around that price a while back and it's amusing...

Picked up last 2 copies of :360: Fable II with the DLC included for 7.48 each at Orange City, FL. I've seen tags for :360: Gears 2 at the same price at several FL stores, but games were sold out.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Was on a trip back to TN and hit the motha-load

Final Fantasy PSP ( dont know the exact number..... ) $4.98
Final Fantasy DISSIDIA PSP $13.74
PSP Bundle Accessory Pack $4.98
Band Hero Bunlde PS3 $44.XX ( dont remember the exact price )
PS3 accessory bundle $10.XX ( came w/ remote, fan, HDMI cable, and also a controller cradle )
GTA PSP $4.98
4GB Memory Stick Duo Pro $13.74
GPS gel-skin $7.XX

Others:
External iPhone Battery $9.98 ( bought one last week but lost it already...... )
Finger Nail Clippers $.37 :D[/QUOTE]

awesome pickup, i'm into PSP stuff right now so I'd LOVE to find any of that at my Target, but they've been pretty bare for months now.

Got Band Hero Band Kit for PS3 for 44.98 clearance! I brought it to the register and the lady said..wow..and rang it up!

[quote name='kalel52']Got Band Hero Band Kit for PS3 for 44.98 clearance! I brought it to the register and the lady said..wow..and rang it up![/QUOTE]

I haven't opened up my box yet. Can you let me know if it has the MIDI in/out ports on the drums? (I bought it specifically for this feature, but I hear that some kits may/ may not have it.) Thank you in advance! :)

Scored a Band Hero PS3 for $22.54. My local Target now has the plastic prison. I think it looks better. Less customer friendly, but looks much better no more tall cabinets. Now lower shelves to see over.

[quote name='180husher']Big pile of GTA ELC back in the case and back to $40.

Sony Blu-ray player originally $150--> 15% off, now $127.48. Had 15 of them on the floor, I hope they last but probably won't. It would be nice to have a Blu-ray player upstairs for only $75.[/QUOTE]

I saw the same Blu-Ray player model BDP-S360.

[quote name='Gorge']Can you plug in the DJ hero PS2 turntable into a PS3 BC console?[/QUOTE]

I think so. it's usb and the standalone turntable that's being sold i.e. amazon says its compatible to ps3 and ps2 so i'd assume they are the same.

[quote name='EvilIA']Scored a Band Hero PS3 for $22.54. My local Target now has the plastic prison. I think it looks better. Less customer friendly, but looks much better no more tall cabinets. Now lower shelves to see over.[/QUOTE]

I think this was main reason for the new "lower" shelves...the electronics and LP people can keep an eye on the whole department from the register. Even the "cheap" games which used to be out in the open are now locked up. The change had more to do with loss prevention than anything else.

[quote name='EvilIA']I saw the same Blu-Ray player model XXX-S360.[/QUOTE]

Saw it another store that marked it down to $105 (30%). Almost bit, but almost every store has a bunch of these so I can wait.

Shawnee, KS has GTA Vice City Stories for 13.98 and Lawrence,KS has Battlefront: Renegade Squadron for 3.98. I picked up renegade squadron and GTA but there were multiple copies left

I have been looking to find any Battlefront game on clearance at Target but I haven't had any luck. The target near me has not added any sort of video game clearance since they added the plastic cases for the games.

[quote name='180husher']I think this was main reason for the new "lower" shelves...the electronics and LP people can keep an eye on the whole department from the register. Even the "cheap" games which used to be out in the open are now locked up. The change had more to do with loss prevention than anything else.

[/QUOTE]

That was exactly what I was thinking. As I was there a customer brought up an ipod accessory that had been pilfered. They are doing it to cut shrink. First time I have seen a private security inside a target.

I have seen them outside a Target in tacoma, didn't seem like a bad neighborhood, but I guess high theft in the parking lots.

I just went to Target to get a Black Wii and saw two copies of the Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition with the metal box for $49.99. I know they are out of print so someone might want it as there's one copy left at the Target in Galveston, TX. I snagged the other one.

Picked up Fable 2 for 7.48. I also saw Guitar Hero 5 with the guitar for 20 bones... for PS 3 I think. Then there were copies of Band Hero for 49 for all systems. I saw those microphones for 7.48 for 360 that have the buttons on the front also. But I heard some bad reviews on Amazon, so I pass on it.

Saw:

:360: Beatles Rockband -$9.98
:360: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $9.98

:ps3: Red Faction: Guerrilla - $27.xx

:psp: Final Fantasy Dissidia -$20.98 (lots of them)

So I know this is a stupid question, are the games on clearence in a different section ? or what because I have never seen any at my local target.

The "Electronics" section clearance stuff is pretty well lumped together depending on location, sometimes I've seen it spread over 3 or 4 endcaps. One store I went to had the games neatly organized by themselves, but usually they're tossed in with cell phone holders and 7" LCDs.

Hmm okay, for some reason I have never seen one lol, are they like in a specific section in the back or something ?

[quote name='Poorleno']Hmm okay, for some reason I have never seen one lol, are they like in a specific section in the back or something ?[/QUOTE]

Just ask an employee the next time you are there.

[quote name='shoe478']Just ask an employee the next time you are there.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I found it, it was mixed in with the hygiene product, probably why I didn't lok there. Nothing good there today will be checking from now on though. Thanks for the help everybody : )

Picked up a monster component cable for PS3 for $5.xx and a Lexar MS Pro Duo 4GB for $7.48 at the Fairlawn, OH Target tonight. There were two more MS Pro Duos left.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']your signature is kinda scary[/QUOTE]

No, his sig is awesome. Okay, maybe it's both. :D

snapped up Guitar Hero Van Halen for $15, Guitar Hero 5 for $12.50, & Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for 360 for $10.

And it was a store that still had the glass cases, go figure.

No new finds.

Same PS2 games that have been there for over a month.

Looks like it may be time to lay off for a while.

Looks like Target is taking a new approach to its gaming section; everything is outlined here: http://kotaku.com/5542637/targets-video-game-department-gets-all-fancy

As part of the redesign, which started rolling out last month to be completed by June, games will be organized by both platform as well as genre, a sorting method generally left to online retailers. Done correctly, it could make Target one of the most gamer friendly retailers in North America. Hell, not even GameStop sorts by genre.

Let's hope this doesn't bring more clearance shoppers :p

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Looks like Target is taking a new approach to its gaming section; everything is outlined here: http://kotaku.com/5542637/targets-video-game-department-gets-all-fancy

Let's hope this doesn't bring more clearance shoppers :p[/QUOTE]
Not sure why sorting by genre would be good. Seems to me that alphabetical is all you need. It might help casual shoppers, but I will never understand why anyone in today's day and age would buy something blindly if they dont know what it is. Hence you should know what you are looking for, so alphabetical is all you need.

Target's around here suck BTW. Never anything on clearence for me.

[quote name='wrencrest']Not sure why sorting by genre would be good. Seems to me that alphabetical is all you need. It might help casual shoppers, but I will never understand why anyone in today's day and age would buy something blindly if they dont know what it is. Hence you should know what you are looking for, so alphabetical is all you need.

Target's around here suck BTW. Never anything on clearence for me.[/QUOTE]

The average Target shopper isn't us. Every time I'm in Target, I don't see some sunlight deprived geek perusing the video games. I see soccer moms. They are buying little billy a game for birthday/christmas/graduation. It's easier to think "ok, billy has an xbox and he likes sports" or "he's 5. better get him a family game."

THAT explains why things are in no freakin' recognizable order in the new system. They'd better work a bit harder to explain it's sorted by genre, as right now both of my local Targets seem to be using the "Throw them in the boxes randomly" or "vaguely alphabetical if you don't get picky" sorting methods.

And yes, it's sad how many people go in and have NO IDEA what they're buying. "Oh, he likes baseball games, and this Wii game has a cute picture of a baseball player on it!"

You wonder how these people buy "real" purchases; like TVs or cell phones or cars... is it whatever box is prettiest there, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back