Target's Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale Starts Nov. 8th.

thorbahn3

Staff member
Feedback
5 (100%)
Titles shown.

Avengers (PS4)

Crash 4 (PS4)

Godfall (PS5)

Star wars Squadrons (X1)

Tony Hawk 1 & 2 (PS4)

WWE Battlegrounds (X1)

Watch Dogs Legion (X1/X)

Excludes Select Video Games & Pre-Orders.

83553202f424ee1dd13a215c314bbe0dcbb24ea9acc3a671f13ce1e048e1eeddf7bc4833.jpg

Credit Slickdeals.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14501834-video-games-music-books-movies-board-games-mix-match-buy-2-get-1-free-target-starting-sun-nov-8th-thru-nov-14?utm_source=iphone_app&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=external+share

Last edited by a moderator:
It took 3 chats for me to get an agent that would include Sony games. She said she could tell I really wanted them so she made an exception for me. Got Demons Souls, Miles Ultimate, and Call of Duty.

Agent was names Lyssa.

i wonder if i am doing this wrong.  I always start by  I am having some issue in my cart

i added 3 games for the buy2 get 1 free offer but it is not working

Meanwhile there's a buy 3 Disney movies (non-4k) for $20 going on if anyone is interested. It's a limited list but $6.66 a movie isn't bad if you really hate having D+.

List includes:

• Avengers Endgame
  • Aladdin Signature Collection
  • Aladdin (Live Action)
  • Captain Marvel
  • Cinderella Signature Collection
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
  • Tangled
  • The Little Mermaid 30th Anniversary Signature Collection
  • The Lion King (2019)
  • Toy Story 4
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Well, getting the B2G1 for MM, Demon's Souls and Cyberpunk was a no-go, but the 2nd chat rep I tried gave me 20% off. better than nothing.

Preorder for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 on PS4/PS5 is included in the deal, but the Xbox version isn't :(

So what would be the best way to get the lowest price possible on next-gen NBA 2K21 which is $69.99? Add 2 other $69.99 games along with NBA or 2 lower priced games?

I appreciate any helpful response 😉👍🏻

So how do the free upgraded versions of games work? Will the Watch Dogs Legion PS4 version be the exact same as the PS5 version with the update, utilizing the SSD to load as fast etc?

So how do the free upgraded versions of games work? Will the Watch Dogs Legion PS4 version be the exact same as the PS5 version with the update, utilizing the SSD to load as fast etc?
Basically if you have a digital copy it will just automatically purchase the PS5 version for free and update to that. For disc it does the same thing basically but you have to keep the disc in at all times. And if you are playing on the PS5 you will get all the next gen upgrades you listed, but if you go back to the PS4 you will not

From what I gather inserting the PS4 disc will trigger the system to download the ps5 patch. You’ll just have to have the PS4 disc in the system to play.

There's some decent prices on last gen stuff if you don't mind searching. Not amazing deals but I've found the lowest prices on some stuff I've been eying after the B2G1F sale. Some other media is also the cheapest it's been if you're an old asshole like me who prefers collecting physical media over streaming. I wonder how long major stores like this will even carry cheap movies as everyone looks at me crazy for not subscribing to streaming services and preferring to actually own the movies physically. People also claim to me that I'm wasting space but I personally like a full shelf of media instead of boring, empty space. There I go rambling again, sorry everyone.
There’s a lot of people still getting media. I get 4K blu ray or blu ray on sale. Try to aim with DC. Nothing wrong with streaming, but eats to much bandwidth and can drain your phone battery. I like both for different purposes

From what I gather inserting the PS4 disc will trigger the system to download the ps5 patch. You’ll just have to have the PS4 disc in the system to play.
Thanks for the response (Slayer as well!). I was really hoping the Gold PS5 version would be part of the B2G1 deal but I might as well go for the PS4 gold version if it’s going to be $33 cheaper with the deal.

Has anyone shopped this sale in store yet? I'm hoping to go tomorrow to my Target to buy WD Legion and preorder yakuza and assassins creed. Will this work?

I can do it thru the app, but it makes me have yakuza and assassins shipped. I want them for tuesday.

So what would be the best way to get the lowest price possible on next-gen NBA 2K21 which is $69.99? Add 2 other $69.99 games along with NBA or 2 lower priced games?

I appreciate any helpful response 😉👍🏻
Yes all games must be the same price before u cancel some to maximize discounts

There’s a lot of people still getting media. I get 4K blu ray or blu ray on sale. Try to aim with DC. Nothing wrong with streaming, but eats to much bandwidth and can drain your phone battery. I like both for different purposes
I think something to note is that there is another reason to own at least some amount of physical media that is no longer a conspiracy theory, and that is because of censorship.

It’s actually happened on some of my favorite shows on some of the streaming services I have, some episodes have been removed even though 99% of people in the US wouldn’t find anything offensive in them.

Do I think “buy everything physical because everything will censored at some point in streaming”? No, but just a couple years ago I would have laughed at people if they told me then the things that would be censored now.

Maybe not the beat thread to ask this in but I was going to snag CoD Cold War as part of this and am planning on buying a Series X in the near future. Should I get the regular Xbox One version or is the next gen Series X version playable on both consoles and just enhanced on the Series X?

I'm not sure about physical versions, but on the digital store there is a deluxe edition for I think $80 that has both versions bundled.

Maybe not the beat thread to ask this in but I was going to snag CoD Cold War as part of this and am planning on buying a Series X in the near future. Should I get the regular Xbox One version or is the next gen Series X version playable on both consoles and just enhanced on the Series X?
I'm not sure about physical versions, but on the digital store there is a deluxe edition for I think $80 that has both versions bundled.

I know it’s not what you meant, but I’m just picturing someone going, “my phone doesn’t have enough power to stream a movie, better hook it up to my DVD player”

I did 2 copies of COD Black Ops: Cold War and NBA 2K21, each game costs $69.99 and after the order and cancelling both COD's i got NBA 2K21 for $50.28 which isn't bad 😏👍🏻

Series x one works on both.

Xbox one version is only for Xbox one unless you pay $10 to upgrade. Otherwise it just plays in backwards compatibility mode.

I brought the new Deftones CD $11.99, we happy few $9.99 on clearance, and zombieland road trip $8.99 on clearance to the register. Rang up as $33. Cashier called over a manager and he said that it took half off of each of the games so that was like buy two get one free, but I explained to him that those were the ticketed prices and it didn't go through, basically he just said well what price would you like to see on this screen? So I said 33 minus the 8.99 plus tax. So he wound up coming back with a "Make it right" gift card as he called it to customer service. The gift card wasn't working so that's why he had to call customer service. It was a pretty long wait but I mean I was already getting my way so I certainly wasn't going to get pissy that I had to wait. So he finally gets the gift card to work it took off $13 so I wound up paying 19.99 for the CD and two games and then he said and here's another $10 in-store credit because of your horrible experience. I half felt like a dick and half was blown away that he actually did that. It didn't say anywhere that clearance games weren't eligible. I mean I checked this after the fact but I don't think I was wrong And guessing that it should have worked. I really hope I didn't come off as a fucking Karen. I work retail myself so..... But yeah long story short I don't know if it works on clearance games lol. Those two games and the Deftones CD were all listed under the promotion on the website, so the only thing I can think of was clearance might not be eligible. I don't know it was a bit of a cluster fuck but worked out pretty well for me I guess. I gave this dude a stellar review on the customer survey. Was the least I could do

I brought the new Deftones CD $11.99, we happy few $9.99 on clearance, and zombieland road trip $8.99 on clearance to the register. Rang up as $33. Cashier called over a manager and he said that it took half off of each of the games so that was like buy two get one free, but I explained to him that those were the ticketed prices and it didn't go through, basically he just said well what price would you like to see on this screen? So I said 33 minus the 8.99 plus tax. So he wound up coming back with a "Make it right" gift card as he called it to customer service. The gift card wasn't working so that's why he had to call customer service. It was a pretty long wait but I mean I was already getting my way so I certainly wasn't going to get pissy that I had to wait. So he finally gets the gift card to work it took off $13 so I wound up paying 19.99 for the CD and two games and then he said and here's another $10 in-store credit because of your horrible experience. I half felt like a dick and half was blown away that he actually did that. It didn't say anywhere that clearance games weren't eligible. I mean I checked this after the fact but I don't think I was wrong And guessing that it should have worked. I really hope I didn't come off as a fucking Karen. I work retail myself so..... But yeah long story short I don't know if it works on clearance games lol. Those two games and the Deftones CD were all listed under the promotion on the website, so the only thing I can think of was clearance might not be eligible. I don't know it was a bit of a cluster fuck but worked out pretty well for me I guess. I gave this dude a stellar review on the customer survey. Was the least I could do
And chances are you'll be back to buy groceries or non-essentials. So many companies fail CS 101, but Target has it on lock. It's no wonder why they're doing stellar financially.

Is there a chance Target goes in and cancels this out if you do B2G1 and then cancel 1?
Just to clarify, it's not so much a trick as it is just the way these returns at Target work. Target has always credited returns of B2G1 on films/games/music this way so you're not doing anything the retailer hasn't already allowed. Practically speaking, Target may even prefer you do this rather than bringing returns back to store.

Anyways, if you do this, you're not glitching or "tricking" the system.

bread's done
Back