Terminator: TSCC... TERMINATED BY The T-FOX!

:bouncy:

yay!!

Another guess is that if FOX did cancel the show, it *might* hurt the box office sales to the new movie. Now please move it to Wednesday's at 8pm so it can hurt KR's ratings even more.

Good news. Very surprising, though, considering it's ratings suck. With Fox's history of canceling shows I was stunned to hear this. If Dollhouse does get paired with 24 it will be interesting to see where they out TSCC. BTW, I'm really looking forward to Dollhouse. Great premise and that Whedon fella ain't too bad either.

That's 5th out of 5. Not good at all. I'm rooting for the show but I'm still surprised FOX ordered the back 9. If they complete the full season that will be a good end for the show. I just can't see it getting a 3rd season unless ratings rise dramatically. The only thing that might be saving it are foreign rights and DVD sales.

[quote name='neocisco']That's 5th out of 5. Not good at all. I'm rooting for the show but I'm still surprised FOX ordered the back 9. If they complete the full season that will be a good end for the show. I just can't see it getting a 3rd season unless ratings rise dramatically. The only thing that might be saving it are foreign rights and DVD sales.[/quote]

It's really 5th out of 6th (sixth is CW Gossip Girl) or 4 out of 6 if you count CBS tv shows Big Bang and How I Meet Your Mother as a one hour show timeslot.

I'm just glad right now we get a complete season too but I'm still hoping for a third.

[quote name='neocisco']ABC
NBC
CBS
FOX
CW

What would the sixth one be?[/quote]

The ratings went like this two weeks ago (in millions of viewers)

ABC Dancing with the Star 17.92
CBS The Big Bang Theory 9.32
CBS How I Meet Your Mother 8.96
NBC Chuck 5.89
FOX Terminator TSCC 5.61
CW Gossip Girl 1.84

CBS have two half hour show on the same timeslot as the others one hour.

[quote name='neocisco']OK, I see what you were saying. Really, though, who counts the CW as a real network?:lol:[/quote]

I'm not even sure what channel its on.

Regarding the plot of the show...

Has anybody noticed the machines aren't on the same wavelength?

"Some of us want peace." was stated in one episode.

Could it be that some Terminators want to be more than Skynet's pawns?

Last night's show put an interesting twist with the auto destruct on the Terminator brains.

What if John doesn't reprogram Terminators? What if some Terminators come to the realization that Skynet's solution to humanity isn't the right one?

I'm sure the show will never get that deep, but it would be a nice change.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Regarding the plot of the show...

Last night's show put an interesting twist with the auto destruct on the Terminator brains.

What if John doesn't reprogram Terminators? What if some Terminators come to the realization that Skynet's solution to humanity isn't the right one?

I'm sure the show will never get that deep, but it would be a nice change.[/quote]

The last episode is really starting to throw a wrench into things.... either the story is getting really complex or the writers don't know what the fucking direction to take the show in.

John and crew are definiantly changing the future somehow if Skynet is still up and running, and it is changing it's tactics (took it long enough). It's time displacement equipment is still up and running.

This episode presented alot of good story element. I really liked this episode, I can't wait for the next one. This is my second favorite episode of season 2 so far, first being the premiere. Also the closing was exactly like the ending in Resident Evil 2!

Asian chick with scars = Ada Wong

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Regarding the plot of the show...

I'm sure the show will never get that deep, but it would be a nice change.[/QUOTE]

Didn't the "some of us want peace" line come from the Cameron bot talking to Allison? I thought the terminator was lying so she could get Allison to give up info.

Maybe the Catherine Weaver terminator is sent back to change the future according to how she wants.

[quote name='Over easy']Didn't the "some of us want peace" line come from the Cameron bot talking to Allison? I thought the terminator was lying so she could get Allison to give up info.

Maybe the Catherine Weaver terminator is sent back to change the future according to how she wants.[/quote]

The Cameron bot could have been lying or telling the truth. Lying? Same old crappy us vs. them storyline. Telling the truth? More sides to a conflict.

Catherine Weaver bot? Well, maybe one of John's cronies murdered the real Weaver and hubby. Without Weaver, the basic Skynet program isn't started up. I have a hard time believing Skynet would kill one of its "mothers".

The takeaway from this episode is Terminator brains' auto destructing.

If Skynet is changing its tactics, so what? That only means John won't have an army of converted Terminators at his beck and call on Judgment Day.

If Skynet has improved the chips naturally akin to the evolution of the Intel chip in the 80s and 90s, it means John can't reprogram Terminator after a certain point in the future. If that is the case, it means John is converting his enemies with something other than reprogramming.

Before anybody goes "That's impossible!", time travel causes a lot of confusion and a lot of alternate avenues for the story to go.

One thing I would like the series to avoid is a "Terminator of the week" motif. If a new Terminator keeps being introduced and killed every episode, they'll get boring. In that vein, this week's Terminator didn't make any sense. Why would Skynet kill an entity (the shrink) that allowed it to occur? Was the Pretzel Terminator sent by the Human Resistance?

What's up with Cameron she is so sneaky? Especially at the bootcamp she was seen snooping around after John and Derek killed one of the Terminators.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
Why would Skynet kill an entity (the shrink) that allowed it to occur? Was the Pretzel Terminator sent by the Human Resistance?[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting angle. Maybe the human resistance programed the chips to self destruct so skynet in the past (once it comes awake) wouldn't know about their future efforts in reprogramming terminators.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']The Cameron bot could have been lying or telling the truth. Lying? Same old crappy us vs. them storyline. Telling the truth? More sides to a conflict.

Catherine Weaver bot? Well, maybe one of John's cronies murdered the real Weaver and hubby. Without Weaver, the basic Skynet program isn't started up. I have a hard time believing Skynet would kill one of its "mothers".

The takeaway from this episode is Terminator brains' auto destructing.

If Skynet is changing its tactics, so what? That only means John won't have an army of converted Terminators at his beck and call on Judgment Day.

If Skynet has improved the chips naturally akin to the evolution of the Intel chip in the 80s and 90s, it means John can't reprogram Terminator after a certain point in the future. If that is the case, it means John is converting his enemies with something other than reprogramming.

Before anybody goes "That's impossible!", time travel causes a lot of confusion and a lot of alternate avenues for the story to go.

One thing I would like the series to avoid is a "Terminator of the week" motif. If a new Terminator keeps being introduced and killed every episode, they'll get boring. In that vein, this week's Terminator didn't make any sense. Why would Skynet kill an entity (the shrink) that allowed it to occur? Was the Pretzel Terminator sent by the Human Resistance?[/quote]

I think maybe Cathrine Weaver isn't working for Skynet. I think she's a rogue terminator or one of those good terminator that want to co-exist with the human. I think her mission is make sure the emotion AI is up and running well before judgement day to prevent the war from ever happening.

Maybe Skynet did sent the terminator to kill the shrink because he's going to help with the AI that gives emotion to terminator. This emotion AI probably caused the rebellion of terminator and costed the war for Skynet.

My theory is that Skynet built this advance emotion AI to have an edge over the human but It later backfired on them, just like the human with skynet.

Last edited by a moderator:
My take on it was that Future Connor wanted to protect the shrink because he stopped him from flipping out with counseling. Skynet wanted to kill him because if Young John off'd himself or couldn't handle the stress, he would be a non contender. I think him aiding Skynet is one of the side effects of pissing in the temporal stream.
[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
One thing I would like the series to avoid is a "Terminator of the week" motif. If a new Terminator keeps being introduced and killed every episode, they'll get boring. In that vein, this week's Terminator didn't make any sense. Why would Skynet kill an entity (the shrink) that allowed it to occur? Was the Pretzel Terminator sent by the Human Resistance?[/quote]

[quote name='JolietJake']This is what happens when you don't have a full season of a show ready.[/quote]

I'll say it again. Preempted by baseball. This happens every fall since FOX has broadcast rights to the NLCS, ALCS and the World Series. Baseball draws much better ratings than anything else on FOX right now, except maybe House.

I dont really see where this show can go. It is based on 2 movies that were just chase movies. The writers have even said that. For it being based off of that it really isnt a bad show however this season they have just been trying to make what seem to be filler episoded. They wanted what around 20 episodes this season and have just made ones to fill up all 20 that for the most part seem to have nothing to do with the franchise. They make story arcs and then go nowhere with them. Allison is an example of that. After that episode they really have shown nothing else to do with that. I would like to know more about the future war and about that line having to do with some of them want peace. I don't mind a subplot or hell even 4 subplots however stick with them and dont just drop them or give use a little bit to add to it near the end or the season.

I don't know but last week episode was pretty good. The story is actually moving foward a little bit with last week and they're starting to explain some stuff in that episode. I remember last season the story took a long time to unrival but it eventually did. I'm not giving up after last week excellent episode.

Might have been because I was sick and was at times falling asleep during it but I just didn't get it at all. Hell I dont even remember it.

some thoughts after rewatching it online

-John is starting to crack under the pressure.
-John DID try to kill himself but fucked up. :doh:
-The T-1001's (Weaver) child is a piece of it with the programming of a child to make it think and act like a child in order to help guide in the development of skynet.
-The AI being developed may NOT be the Skynet of the future.
-The company doesn't seem to have any Military connections or government contracting. For all we know they may be in the business of selling ice cream trucks.
-The Bendiator (the terminator that Cameron fought) may have been sent to protect the Shrink, but Cameron killed it. Why would Skynet send a terminator to kill someone who helped developed it (even as a consultant)?

[quote name='ITDEFX']
-The Bendiator (the terminator that Cameron fought) may have been sent to protect the Shrink, but Cameron killed it. Why would Skynet send a terminator to kill someone who helped developed it (even as a consultant)?[/QUOTE]

If the AI being developed isn't Skynet of the future, wouldn't Skynet want it destroyed? Having a competitor may threaten Skynet's existence and plan.

It may make sense that Skynet wants the shrink protected, because there's no reason for the terminator to kill the secretary unless it decides to take her place. If Skynet is protecting the shrink, does that mean someone else will come after the him?

[quote name='ITDEFX']some thoughts after rewatching it online

-John is starting to crack under the pressure.
-John DID try to kill himself but fucked up. :doh:
-The T-1001's (Weaver) child is a piece of it with the programming of a child to make it think and act like a child in order to help guide in the development of skynet.
-The company doesn't seem to have any Military connections or government contracting. For all we know they may be in the business of selling ice cream trucks.
-The Bendiator (the terminator that Cameron fought) may have been sent to protect the Shrink, but Cameron killed it. Why would Skynet send a terminator to kill someone who helped developed it (even as a consultant)?[/quote]

I think skynet sent the terminator back to kill the shrink because he's going to help Weaver on the AI program. I don't think Weaver is working for skynet, she seems to have her own agenda.Yeah I think John did try to kill himself. Killing that dude is finally getting to him.

[quote name='blueweltall']I think skynet sent the terminator back to kill the shrink because he's going to help Weaver on the AI program. I don't think Weaver is working for skynet, she seems to have her own agenda.Yeah I think John did try to kill himself. Killing that dude is finally getting to him.[/quote]

Wait I am confused. Did John kill that dude or did his mom do it infront of him? Derek said "he saw his mother kill someone..." right?

Weaver (the t-1001) can't be working for skynet or the resistance. If the T-1001 was sent back to ensure the deveopment of Skynet, then why isn't she properly guiding the development team instead of watching over them? Also isn't killing one of the project members (in the season starter) kind of pointless, unless that member of the team is part of the resistance that teaches them about skynet's weakness (assuming this is skynet) and therefore he must be offed?

What does the T-1001 want with Comraite (sp?) or a T-888? It's not like it can take it's CPU and upload it to the net causing nukes to go off. Reverse engineering the CPU will take years (more than the projected 2011 due date). Terminator CPU's don't house Skynet's command protocols so it's not like they can plug it into the USB drive on that Raid Server (the turk) and boom skynet is born.

John did, didn't you saw the end where Sarah went back to the shrink?:lol:

I think Derek think that Sarah killed the dude and John is messed up for seeing it, but it was really John who killed the guy.

[quote name='blueweltall']John did, didn't you saw the end where Sarah went back to the shrink?:lol:

I think Derek think that Sarah killed the dude and John is messed up for seeing it, but it was really John who killed the guy.[/quote]

oh ok.... John killed a human. big deal. Think future John doesn't off humans and only blow up machines?

[quote name='ITDEFX']oh ok.... John killed a human. big deal. Think future John doesn't off humans and only blow up machines?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he's one ruthless motherfucker in the future but right now he's just an emotionally damaged boy.

Weaver may be working for another program. Cameron in the future told Allison that some of them wanted peace. Maybe Weaver is working to set up that AI but then why did she kill someone? I may have to rewatch this one seeing how I was sick and falling asleep during it monday.

im sure he goes nuts killen in the future
AAA.gif

Skynet needs to stop fucking with John. It's agents (terminators) could set up the connors in a crime and have them wanted fugitives by the FBI/DOHS/SS and so on and let the humans do the dirty work for them. While that is happening, the agents could continue to stockpile nessasary materials needed to support Skynet in the future. Heck Skynet could infiltrate the world's government to help build tensions between nuclear nations so it breaks out into full scale war. Remember it doesn't need to be a USSR vs USA nuke war, it can be a smaller one between smaller nuke nations that trigger the war.

Or
Skynet could just say fuck it and over load all the nuclear reactors in CA and cause a massive meltdown that will take care of the connors period.

[quote name='sendme']I dont really see where this show can go. It is based on 2 movies that were just chase movies.[/quote]

Ronin is an example of a pure chase movie. The chief plot device (the mysterious valuable briefcase) doesn't really matter in the end.

The first two Terminators were always more then just chase movies - they are post-apocalyptic film noir cinched together with a pretty neat time-travelling sub-plot.

for the most part it was a chase movie. The writers of the show have even said that they thought it was hard at first to make a tv show based off of a chase movie. You have a machine and human or 2 machines looking for someone then one finds them and they try to run from it. As they run from the other it tries to chase them and kill them. As they run they try to kill it. The second was less of a chase movie but still was a chase movie. I guess you could say they are a chase action movie.

[quote name='sendme']for the most part it was a chase movie. The writers of the show have even said that they thought it was hard at first to make a tv show based off of a chase movie. You have a machine and human or 2 machines looking for someone then one finds them and they try to run from it. As they run from the other it tries to chase them and kill them. As they run they try to kill it. The second was less of a chase movie but still was a chase movie. I guess you could say they are a chase action movie.[/quote]

Is that why the season opener was so good? Its basically a chase episode.:whistle2:k

Damn it, more chase episode please!:lol:

[quote name='camoor']The first two Terminators were always more then just chase movies - they are post-apocalyptic film noir cinched together with a pretty neat time-travelling sub-plot.[/quote]

I have to second camoor here. The movies were simply a few pages from a potentially great masterpiece.

In a normal chase movie, the only repercussions of Sara Conner dying is that the diner would have to find another minimum wager to wait on tables. In the Terminator movies, humanity goes belly up if Conner dies.

I thought the one that the writers were talking about dieing already did die. Are they going to kill off another?

Maybe the person they were talking about was Allison. Summer Glau was there when they said one of the cast member that was present during the interview was going to get killed. So it was probably meant to throw us off, since Summer did played as two different role.

If there's going to be another one I think it's going to be Cromartie.

[quote name='blueweltall']Maybe the person they were talking about was Allison. Summer Glau was there when they said one of the cast member that was present during the interview was going to get killed. So it was probably meant to throw us off, since Summer did played as two different role.

If there's going to be another one I think it's going to be Cromartie.[/quote]

I doubt Cromartie will die off. The actor playing him is doing so well that I doubt that they will kill it and bring another actor to play it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I doubt Cromartie will die off. The actor playing him is doing so well that I doubt that they will kill it and bring another actor to play it.[/quote]

I like the Cromartie guy too, but I think he's going to be the one to get the axe soon. If I have to choose I probably pick Weaver instead.

[quote name='blueweltall']I like the Cromartie guy too, but I think he's going to be the one to get the axe soon. If I have to choose I probably pick Weaver instead.[/quote]

No way in hell Weaver is going to get the Axe. Derek, maybe.

bread's done
Back