The 2013-14 NFL Thread

anybody else see the picture of jared veldheer?

ThePowerMark_original.jpg
Dude is massive I think my jaw dropped a little after seeing that pic.

[quote name='perdition(troy']anybody else see the picture of jared veldheer?

ThePowerMark_original.jpg
Dude is massive I think my jaw dropped a little after seeing that pic.[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck dude. VELDHEER SMASH! VELDHEER SMASH PUNY BLINDSIDE DEFENSE!

Seriously, he's bigger than the Hulk was in the 70's TV Show. He most certainly has a future in professional wrasslin'.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Well, apparently Tony Gonzalez is returning next year for the Falcons.

I was kinda hoping he would finish his career back in KC, but I'll still root for him in Atlanta.[/QUOTE]

Yes he is! :applause:

I thought this was a pretty cool thing Connor Barwin did. He took out an ad in Houston Press:

BGd4DFlCEAAXR06.jpg:large

I especially like how he thanked cheesecake, bread, and Blaine Gabbert lol.

[quote name='ced']Holy fuck dude. VELDHEER SMASH! VELDHEER SMASH PUNY BLINDSIDE DEFENSE![/QUOTE]

Holy crap - that can't be natural!!

[quote name='PimpLimp']I especially like how he thanked cheesecake, bread, and Blaine Gabbert lol.[/QUOTE]

I kinda liked that he thanked his local sponsors.

Not the most necessary change, but at least it looks decent and retains the same color scheme. Could always have been worse. Could have gone full Miami Marlins.

I had to google the old logo to know what to compare. Isn't a change I think mattered/matters but it will sell more merchandise next year with all the added FA's and expectations along with the new logo.

[quote name='usickenme']I dunno, it's hard to beat a dolphin wearing a football helmet[/QUOTE]

I always liked the idea of having the Dolphins' logo having the Dolphins' logo on its helmet instead of the M. Dolphinception.

You know, I am surprised they went with such a gentle image. I woulda thought they would have a more feral look so that they would look "tougher." After all, dolphins are jerkasses in real life.

Did anybody read the article where the Cowboys agreed to contracts to two players provided they can clear cap space? Did anybody hear of that ever happening before?

Romo making more than Flacco? Did April 1st come early?

I guess when everyone called their agent after the Flacco signing its starting to pay off.

[quote name='dmaul1114']http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...ree-trade-seattle-seahawks-matt-flynn-sources

Raiders are trading for Matt Flynn and trying to dump Carson Palmer on the Cardinals for minimal compensation (late round picks).

Good move I guess. I was kind of hoping the Raiders would draft Geno Smith though.[/QUOTE]

I would prefer the Raiders to attempt to draft down if possible. If not, I prefer some defensive help. I just don't see Geno Smith as a great QB and think the Raiders would benefit more from taking a defensive player. We might as well see what Pryor and Flynn have now.

edit: forgot to mention of course that this draft isn't that deep at the top to have a team begging to trade up. so I know it will be difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AJVtony831']I would prefer the Raiders to attempt to draft down if possible. If not, I prefer some defensive help. I just don't see Geno Smith as a great QB and think the Raiders would benefit more from taking a defensive player. We might as well see what Pryor and Flynn have now.

edit: forgot to mention of course that this draft isn't that deep at the top to have a team begging to trade up. so I know it will be difficult.[/QUOTE]

I think Geno will be a very good NFL QB--but of course I'm biased as a WVU fan. I'd love having some more WVU guys on the Raiders as after Bo Jackson, the reason I stuck with the Raiders was ex-WVU guys like Jeff Hostetler, James Jett, Jerry Porter etc. as I'm a much bigger WVU/college football fan than an NFL fan from growing up in a state that has no pro teams. Most people where I grow up root hard for the Steelers, but my dad loathed all the Pittsburgh teams so that rubbed off me and I root for an odd assortment of pro teams.

That said, no reason to draft Geno now. Flynn is only 27 and Pryor may pan out, so they should focus on defense and maybe some OL help for the run game. I only wanted them to draft Geno if he could have learned behind Palmer for a year or two and it just meant giving up on Pryor who I'm more skeptical will pan out in the pros.

I got the new logo tattooed on my left arm today to go along with the old logo on my right arm. I also got the old one touched up.

attachment.php

The Ravens are apparently close to signing former Raiders LB Rolondo McClain.

Dammit, Ozzie! I don't want McClain, I want Dansby! >.

[quote name='DNukem170']The Ravens are apparently close to signing former Raiders LB Rolondo McClain.

Dammit, Ozzie! I don't want McClain, I want Dansby! >.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']The schedule is coming out this Thursday at 8pm et. I am calling it right now, Ravens at Broncos, first game of the year.[/QUOTE]
It's a pretty easy call to make as out of all of the away game possibilities that would be the best for ratings, with the exception of the Steelers. The NFL probably wants a team that was actually relevant to the playoffs last year so that would take the Steelers angle out. Althought I'm still pulling for Cleveland to get the nod. I was a little pissed yesterday they were talking about they didn't know when they were going to post the schedule even though earlier they had said the 16th. Good to see it'll be out this week. Allows me to setup a couple betting related items.

I'm not sure which is funnier, NFL.com having a short little item on Andrew Luck's crap cell phone or the article about Jay Cutler playing out his contract to get the same leverage Joe Flacco had over Baltimore. I wonder where Cutler ends up after Chicago.

[quote name='JP']I'm not sure which is funnier, NFL.com having a short little item on Andrew Luck's crap cell phone or the article about Jay Cutler playing out his contract to get the same leverage Joe Flacco had over Baltimore. I wonder where Cutler ends up after Chicago.[/QUOTE]

He'll stay in Chicago without a megadeal.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Its official Ravens at Broncos is the first game.[/QUOTE]
Even though that was the likely/expected decision.....damn it so much.

bread's done
Back