The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Amazon
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition (#/35,000)

Amazon.de (Germany)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - EUR 28,99
51aGmcTWBUL._AA300_.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy SteelBook - EUR 54,99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Best Buy
The Dark Knight SteelBook with Reborn - $34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy - $44.99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Costco
None (Already check-in)

HMV (UK)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - TBA
DKRBLUPRE.JPG

Play.com (UK)
The Christopher Nolan Collection Boxset - £49.99
36871329_500x500_2.jpg

Target
The Dark Knight DigiBook (3D Lenticular) - $24.99 sale (was $31.99)
14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg

14199527_120928163000.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $34.99 Online

WalMart
The Dark Knight Rises 2-Disc DVD
The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $24.96 Online and In-Store (Limited)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had checked this thread while I was on the phone with Best Buy. Took them 30 minutes and 3 escalations to get me a damn code for something that was on the disc in the first place.

Oh well.

[quote name='GBAstar']You're confused...

I purchased two from the wbshop in a single order. I got charged yesterday but when I tracked my order it still said "in process" on the details page yet for shipping method it said:

"First Class Mail"

Well the cutoff for first class mail is 13oz. So I have no idea how two of the exclusive editions with the figurines plus packing materials could possibly weigh less then 13ounces.[/QUOTE]

You know, right until you posted this, I had no idea there was a separate track order screen on their site..I thought it was under the My Account tab, which I've checked for my order several times and nothing showed up.

Yea, mine too shows "in process" with First Class shipping method. Very curious how that's gonna work...

I didn't have matching steelbooks, the cowl looks cheap but cool but I didn't have space for it, so I ended up getting one of the first of its kind lenticular digibook edition. Target did use spider wraps of death so beware but the bigger Targets was security free.

[quote name='D0RC']I didn't have matching steelbooks, the cowl looks cheap but cool but I didn't have space for it, so I ended up getting one of the first of its kind lenticular digibook edition. Target did use spider wraps of death so beware but the bigger Targets was security free.[/QUOTE]

how much is the target edition again?

My Best Buy said they had 77 copies of the TDKR steel but they "weren't on the floor and couldn't find them."

Total BS.

Also said they ran out of Nemo plush dolls, and online showed them in stock as well.

fuck Best Buy.

[quote name='n00bie']My Best Buy said they had 77 copies of the TDKR steel but they "weren't on the floor and couldn't find them."

Total BS.

Also said they ran out of Nemo plush dolls, and online showed them in stock as well.

fuck Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I walk in today and all the employees are idiots they had no idea were the Batman Steelbooks were or the Nemo plush dolls.

[quote name='Trojann']Yep, I walk in today and all the employees are idiots they had no idea were the Batman Steelbooks were or the Nemo plush dolls.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I checked with a few different employees and they were like "we must be out of stock."

I just ordered the steel for in store pickup. Watch them find it then.

Douches.

Out of luck for the plush, though. Was gonna give it to the kid. What a bummer.

[quote name='Trojann']Yep, I walk in today and all the employees are idiots they had no idea were the Batman Steelbooks were or the Nemo plush dolls.[/QUOTE]

There should be at least one but possibly 2 or 3 DKR/Batman displays in store that will hold all the different versions of the movie/trilogy and the previous 2 movies (no Cowls though, unfortunately). The shelf location where it *should* be will most likely be empty.

I'm definitely torn on which version(s) to get. I'm more of a cheap bastard than a collector when it comes to media, but I am tempted to get various versions such as the BBY exclusive trilogy (has the bonus disc packed in on the back) as those will probably make for good resells in the future. Got some BBY reward certs so I will at least use them on a steelcase BBY exclusive...especially if I can somehow magically pull a PM to amazon like Judou did. :D

It took Best By all of 15 minutes to email me and tell me the order was ready.

I think I spent more time in the store actually looking.

They probably just grabbed a regular copy.

[quote name='henry00x']my bestbuy had plenty of steelbooks, i was looking for the damn cowl edition at a few places today and came up empty :([/QUOTE]

The cowl edition is not being carried in Best Buy stores. Your best bet is Wal-Mart. Good luck.

When I bought my steelbook this morning, Best Buy tried to sell me Reborn separately for an extra $15.

I turned them down because a) it's not worth that much and b) it was reported here that it was on the special features disc.

Now I see that the Target edition also has a special features disc, so I'm not so sure. Did Best Buy have a special pressing of their disc? Or do all versions of Rises come with Reborn?

I don't have a blu ray player yet, so it's nothing urgent, but the information about the documentary could have been a lot more clear.

Went to a walmart on the way to my gf's house and the 2 slots they had for the Cowl version were empty. Looks like they only carried 2, maybe 3, anyways.

But the trip was not in vain...found a Hangover/Hangover 2/Due Date triple Blu pack for $9, so I was siked...especially with how I've been wanting all 3 of those on Blu lately.

:whistle2:(

Question....

I have prime and ordered the Blu combo pack from Amazon and well it didn't get delivered today even though it has been at my post office since Saturday. Should I contact CS about it or just leave it be and hope it gets here tomorrow?

Think I'll have to go with the trilogy version as for some reason I still don't own the first two movies.

[quote name='bkruz11']Think I'll have to go with the trilogy version as for some reason I still don't own the first two movies.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you might be the only person in America. I just got BBY to PM amazon on both the BBY exclusive steelcase DKR to $17.96 as well as the BBY exclusive blu trilogy for $27.96. I will try for the cowl version tonight, and possibly the Target exclusive. The BBY exclusive "LE" trilogy (comes with the bonus disc packed on in a separate case) was extremely limited...store only had a handful to begin with of either blu or DVD.

[quote name='Woodlands']When I bought my steelbook this morning, Best Buy tried to sell me Reborn separately for an extra $15.

I turned them down because a) it's not worth that much and b) it was reported here that it was on the special features disc.

Now I see that the Target edition also has a special features disc, so I'm not so sure. Did Best Buy have a special pressing of their disc? Or do all versions of Rises come with Reborn?

I don't have a blu ray player yet, so it's nothing urgent, but the information about the documentary could have been a lot more clear.[/QUOTE]

Mine had the same thing too. But the employee said that as soon as she would go to the paying part of the transaction, it would cancel it out cause the Reborn copy is part of the promo. Ans sure enough she was right. So make sure they go all the way through to the end of the transaction where you have to pay for it to cancel it out. This was the first time I've seen this too considering I buy a lot of blurays from BB.

[quote name='karkyco']Wow, you might be the only person in America. I just got BBY to PM amazon on both the BBY exclusive steelcase DKR to $17.96 as well as the BBY exclusive blu trilogy for $27.96. I will try for the cowl version tonight, and possibly the Target exclusive. The BBY exclusive "LE" trilogy (comes with the bonus disc packed on in a separate case) was extremely limited...store only had a handful to begin with of either blu or DVD.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a few people say they got BBY to PM Amazon on Best Buy's steelbook to $17.96...how are you doing this when Amazons price is for the combo?

They're 2 different things: combo and steelbook. I foresee the sales rep saying "they aren't the same..no go", making this very YMMV

[quote name='TheRock88']Mine had the same thing too. But the employee said that as soon as she would go to the paying part of the transaction, it would cancel it out cause the Reborn copy is part of the promo. Ans sure enough she was right. So make sure they go all the way through to the end of the transaction where you have to pay for it to cancel it out. This was the first time I've seen this too considering I buy a lot of blurays from BB.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so was someone supposed to hand me a 4th disc at the register with Reborns on it? Or was the transaction screen just confusing?

I went to target today and am a bit confused/pleasantly surprised.

The digibook cover is a ... whats it called, lentacular? Which alternates between bane or batman. Right? I thought there were 2 different digibooks of 1 or the other. So now I have the cowl (en route from walmart), steelbook, and digibook. I probably should sell a UV copy on ebay or something.

Picked up the Cowl version at Walmart. So freakin cool looking. Almost don't want to open it. Out of curiousity I checked to see how much it's already going for on eBay. I saw one that had 4 hours left, and was up to $100.

Maybe I'll just get the standard bluray and watch that.

[quote name='slickkill77']I just watched the Dark Knight Reborn which is on the disc. Pretty stupid honestly. 50% of it just reused the clips from the other special features on the disc. Overall though, the special features are awesome[/QUOTE]

That's disappointing, but somehow not unexpected.

[quote name='WV Matsui']:whistle2:(

Question....

I have prime and ordered the Blu combo pack from Amazon and well it didn't get delivered today even though it has been at my post office since Saturday. Should I contact CS about it or just leave it be and hope it gets here tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Anyone? :whistle2:(

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']Picked up the Cowl version at Walmart. So freakin cool looking. Almost don't want to open it. Out of curiousity I checked to see how much it's already going for on eBay. I saw one that had 4 hours left, and was up to $100.

Maybe I'll just get the standard bluray and watch that.[/QUOTE]
Going to Walmart now to see if I can find it :) picked up the steel book but after looking at picks I want it

[quote name='Woodlands']Oh, so was someone supposed to hand me a 4th disc at the register with Reborns on it? Or was the transaction screen just confusing?[/QUOTE]

No they're suppose to email you a code that will let you activate it on whatever their streaming service is (Flixster I think)

The cowl edition is pretty amazing. My wife grabbed the last copy at Walmart for me while I was at work. Can't believe Walmart was selling it for only $25. Much better on the shelf than a steel book.

[quote name='TheRock88']No they're suppose to email you a code that will let you activate it on whatever their streaming service is (Flixster I think)[/QUOTE]

I think it's called CinemaNow. But people above were reporting that Reborn was on the special features disc. I'm not sure if they're referring to the disc that every version ComboPack comes with (meaning it's a different disc -- the standard extras + Best Buy exclusives) or if there's a 4th disc that was supposed to come with the Best Buy version.

I suspect the former, but I don't have a Blu Ray player to check it on.

So can someone let me know if i get the Reborn documentary?

I bought the best buy steelbook in store, but DID NOT pre-order it.
However, my receipt says: Decline dar / Decline Dark Knight Reborn $0.00.

It is definitely on disc of the steelbook version, right?
And will I also be emailed a code for the digital version of Dark Knight Reborn since I didn't pre-order it?

The steelbook is really sweet! Holy hell did they have a lot of them. They were all over the store, too; it was like a scavenger hunt to find all the kiosks of them. They also had a generous amount of the steelbooks for the first two movies. I also noticed that they still have a butt-load of the Spider Man steelbooks. I guess those aren't selling so well? I hope those get a price drop soon!

Figures that the one time I dont go out at midnight and buy something, it sells for $120 on ebay.

Soon all 30,000 will have been sold there though

Managed to snag one of the batcowls from WalMart luckily. Didn't think these things would be selling for a lil over $100. Mines #744/35,000. Think I may leave it sealed, it looks better in the box.

[quote name='karkyco']Wow, you might be the only person in America.[/QUOTE]
He is not. I own Begins in a Blu-ray Steelbook but have yet to watch it. Have Dark Knight on DVD but I will probably use it for an Upgrade & Save promo if I can't sell it on eBay. Also have Begins and Dark Knight Steels that I bought for the BB gift cards and I am trying to sell it on eBay.

I prefer Marvel live action and DC animated.

[quote name='jcp42877']I've seen a few people say they got BBY to PM Amazon on Best Buy's steelbook to $17.96...how are you doing this when Amazons price is for the combo?

They're 2 different things: combo and steelbook. I foresee the sales rep saying "they aren't the same..no go", making this very YMMV[/QUOTE]

Could someone please answer this lol? I'm guessing it is just by chance, but I'm wondering how whoever had this happen phrased it to the employee.

[quote name='jcp42877']Could someone please answer this lol? I'm guessing it is just by chance, but I'm wondering how whoever had this happen phrased it to the employee.[/QUOTE]
I bought Finding Nemo 3D and DK Rises steelbook ($24.99) and went to my car because I forgot Borderlands 2. I had Finding Nemo price-matched when I bought it but I didn't know if there was a price matching opportunity for DK Rises. Checked DK Rises prices online while sitting in my car. Traded in my Borderlands 2 but I still had the DK Rises receipt in my pocket. Went to customer service and said that I just bought this today but I would like a price adjustment to $17.96, which I checked in the car. Gave her my receipt and got the price adjustment.

Be sure to point out that the regular Amazon price is $35.99 but that it is now $17.96. I made it clear to the CSR so she didn't feel like it was a problem, and she confirmed the price by looking it up.

Got Finding Nemo 5-disc & steelbook + DK Rises steelbook for $35 total after price-matching them both.

( Wrote about how I got Finding Nemo: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333285 )

[quote name='PublikDefender']I bought Finding Nemo 3D and DK Rises steelbook ($24.99) and went to my car because I forgot Borderlands 2. I had Finding Nemo price-matched when I bought it but I didn't know if there was a price matching opportunity for DK Rises. Checked DK Rises prices online while sitting in my car. Traded in my Borderlands 2 but I still had the DK Rises receipt in my pocket. Went to customer service and said that I just bought this today but I would like a price adjustment to $17.96, which I checked in the car. Gave her my receipt and got the price adjustment.

Be sure to point out that the regular Amazon price is $35.99 but that it is now $17.96. I made it clear to the CSR so she didn't feel like it was a problem, and she confirmed the price by looking it up.

Got Finding Nemo 5-disc & steelbook + DK Rises steelbook for $35 total after price-matching them both.

( Wrote about how I got Finding Nemo: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333285 )[/QUOTE]

Well I appreciate your reply, but I was aware of Amazon's price of $17.96 lol..I'm just curious because its for the COMBO pack...not the steelbook since they don't carry it, only BBY does. I assume the person will say "this is a different version of the movie and not the one Amazon is selling, so I can't give you a PM"

If it was the same thing, yea...but this is apples and oranges.

I remember when Best Buy had a wave of Disney/Pixar Steelbooks I was able to get a PM to the regular editions, but in hindsight I don't think it was right to do it since they are indeed different editions. BB employers shouldn't allow it either, but they're often completely clueless about these things and just see the fact that they're both Blu-ray combos

If anybody ends up deciding to sell a Cowl copy let me know, Wal-Mart online "oversold" and I got screwed out of what I assumed was a guaranteed pre-order.

Yeah, I'm pretty damn salty about it at the moment.

I still have the DVD releases from the first two movies that came with the comics and the Two Face coin (unopened). But for some reason, I am not interested in the cowl as the exclusive item for Dark Knight Rises.

I have the other two steelbooks so naturally I want the latest one. $24.99 is a bit high so hopefully an Upgrade and Trade promotion will help change that.

The Batmobile documentary is outstanding, best special feature I've watched in I don't know when. Keeping a cowl sealed I ordered from Walmart months ago when it was $25, spent the last 4 hours digging into the steel book. I bought 50/50 for $13 when it came out, still haven't had a chance to watch it. This I'll watch a bunch.

I too have no shipping confirmation on my WB Shop order, but it is also apparently going to come first class. Also picked up the DVD trilogy off Amazon...I already own the first 2 on DVD but had some credit to use so ended up paying $14.94 out of pocket for the set and it comes with that 64 page book. Will take a look at Walmart today after work and see if the Cowl edition is still in stock...but the fact that I do not have a Blu-Ray player yet is making me want to wait a bit.

I went to walmart yesterday at 8am and all they had was the standard edition blu ray for 24.96. Wasted my time. Then I went to bestbuy which is across the street luckily. They had the steelbook and the regular edition. I just bought the regular for 18.99 as I don't own the steelbooks of the others so I figured, whats the point? I doubt my walmart ever even had any of the bat cowl editions

[quote name='dstan']If anybody ends up deciding to sell a Cowl copy let me know, Wal-Mart online "oversold" and I got screwed out of what I assumed was a guaranteed pre-order.

Yeah, I'm pretty damn salty about it at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I got an e-mail last night saying that could not fulfill my order and they canceled it. Luckily I was able to get two in store in the a.m.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I remember when Best Buy had a wave of Disney/Pixar Steelbooks I was able to get a PM to the regular editions, but in hindsight I don't think it was right to do it since they are indeed different editions. BB employers shouldn't allow it either, but they're often completely clueless about these things and just see the fact that they're both Blu-ray combos[/QUOTE]

A lot of us did. It was like $5-10 savings I remember for about 12 Steelbooks per Steelbook. I felt bad (especially the amount of hoops I had to jump through), but my wallet definitely didn't. Man that was a long receipt.

Went to Target last night and they had a buttload of the books in stock. I got the feeling not many were willing to pay the extra for them.

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']Just an update: The Cowl edition is bidding up to $150 on eBay. ;)[/QUOTE]

This gives me hope that the wbshop exclusive may fetch an insane price then. They may be toys, but the fact that only 1,000 were made available will catch attention.

I just wish those of us who bought it knew what kind of packaging it was going to be in. If its a complete box with special artwork etc, then I have no doubt it will be rare...but if its the movie standalone and 3 separate boxed action figures like you could find at TRU or anywhere else, then I don't fee like it'll sell at all.

bread's done
Back