The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation (Wrestling) Thread

All I can think of is...

LOOK AT THIS VENUE HERE! THIS PLACE IS APROPOS, AND THAT DON'T MEAN YOU'RE DIGGING AROUND IN THE DIRT WITH FARM IMPLEMENTS BABY!

[quote name='Matt Young']All champs retaining looks like it's leading to a title change in the main event. DO NOT WANT.[/quote]

yeah, what will this make, sting going 4- 0 at BFG or 3 -0?

Wow... a PPV full of good matches with all the wrong finishes. Way to go, TNA. I've supported them through all sorts of crap, but this is too much for me. Worst booked show this century.

[quote name='Matt Young']fuck... Nash is gonna use the bat.[/quote]

cant say im surprised TNA took a good match and just shit all over it in the end though, ya know.

I don't even have the interest in TNA to say how bad it is.

Sting's the champ? Run-in endings? Swerves that were visible ten miles away, uphill, in dense fog?

So what. It's TNA. It ain't gonna change.

Would it kill them to have a one-on-one match end cleanly? Without some strange gimmick attached to it?

And isn't Sting's TNA future in doubt? Why put the strap on an aging, 50+ year old relic from the 90's, whose not going to even make be wrestling by this time next year???

TNA is killing my interest in Pro Wrestling altogether. Seriously, if this is the alternative to WWE, then why even bother?

I literally don't know how people haven't completely given up on TNA yet. Boy, Mick, I'll bet you're real glad you made the jump, huh? Yeesh.

And the one rant I'll actually take the time to type: Sting? Are you fucking serious? fuckING AGAIN? It's not that Joe was a great champion... far from it. FAR. But Sting? In a match where the clause was that there's no rematch... what, is someone else who hasn't wrestled in months going to demand and get a title match again? fucking. Sting. I just want someone on the creative team to explain to me what benefit this has for anyone or anything. I just.... fuck.

This baffles me. BAFFLES.

It's not Sting as champion that i mind, it's the inevitable Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett match next month that irks me, or that they'll probably string it along for another month with next months main event being some combination of Sting/Booker/Nash/Angle vs. Jarrett/Joe/AJ/Christian

[quote name='JJSP']We're about due for a Scott Steiner main-event run, no?[/QUOTE]

He's still around?? I thought he injured his foot again and pretty much hung it up.

You know what, don't answer that, i don't care. fuck TNA. I hope the whole organization goes belly up. Where the hell is Zen Davis, I need ROH right now.

ppv was pretty good last night.. the jarret angle match was good and the main event was good as well.. crowd was great..

jesus what the hell is wrong with you ppl..its fucking wrestling..
nash looked fucking bad ass

mongo looks fucking horrible

[quote name='guyver2077']jesus what the hell is wrong with you ppl..its fucking wrestling..[/QUOTE]

That's all fine and dandy except for the following:

A- Predictable runins. Not to mention TOO GOD DAMN MANY OF THEM!
B- Jeff Jarrett using his wife's death to push himself as a babyface.
C- Abyss taking unneccessary spots that TNA does not follow up on with his condition afterwards.
D- Predictable swerves. You had to be fucking stupid not to see Nash turning on Joe.
E- Sting as champ? WHAT THE fuck?
F- The winners of the three final matches = Booker T, Jeff Jarrett, Sting. Talk about putting over the young talent there TNA.... why not just change the company name to... I dunno... WCW.
G- The X-Division shoved to opening card fodder material. Awesome Kong jobbing to Taylor Wilde. Need I say more?

So yeah... it might just be "fucking wrestling" to you but to the rest of us.... it sucks worse than Brad Childress as a NFL head coach does. Not to mention its not a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN not only when we'll get Sting/Jarrett but when JJ puts the title on himself. Which leads me to asking which do we as fans of wrestling find more worthless... Sting with the TNA World Title or Jeff Jarrett with the TNA World Title?

Joe's title run was getting stale, and I think it was partly his fault, but mostly the bookers'.

I'm open to what they do with this, I guess... We'll see.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']And isn't Sting's TNA future in doubt? Why put the strap on an aging, 50+ year old relic from the 90's, whose not going to even make be wrestling by this time next year???[/quote]
It's been confirmed that Sting is staying with TNA for all of 2009, at least.

I don't follow TNA, but this sounds like the same level of WTF as when Hogan won the WWE belt in 2002. Actually no, strike that - because as silly as it was in 2002, at least Hogan had actually spent the majority of his career in the WWE. Nostalgia runs are always questionable, but they're outright pointless when the wrestler in question built their legacy in an entirely different company.

[quote name='Brak']Joe's title run was getting stale, and I think it was partly his fault, but mostly the bookers'.[/quote]

Its all the bookers fault. They rarely if ever gave Joe a chance to shine and show to everyone why he was the ROH champ for 2.5 years. Instead they dragged his title run with the whole storyline with Nash which has been very lame. Joe did what he could to bust his ass off but when you are booked like shit that makes it hard to shine.

I'm open to what they do with this, I guess... We'll see.

Its painfully obvious that the next TNA champ is Jeff Jarrett. Which is wrong for too many reasons.

TNA is awful. There's no hierarchy, there's nothing clearcut in terms of heels and faces, there's no consistency or storyline flow, the swerves are senseless, predictable, and too constant, and there's simply nothing to look forward to.

In other news, Johnny Devine is rumored to be asking for his TNA release. My advice? Not in this economy, pal.

[quote name='mykevermin']In other news, Johnny Devine is rumored to be asking for his TNA release. My advice? Not in this economy, pal.[/QUOTE]

At least he's going back to college. He should at least keep his job with TNA. How hard can it be to work a few days a month for TNA anyways?

I don't think they'll wait for the November PPV to give Jarrett the belt - they'll probably do what they did last year and have him lose it on Impact...which has its HD DEBUT WOOO! in mere weeks.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I don't think they'll wait for the November PPV to give Jarrett the belt - they'll probably do what they did last year and have him lose it on Impact...which has its HD DEBUT WOOO! in mere weeks.[/QUOTE]

Which for TNA is their idea of being 110% logical. I can understand giving a title change for free on TV when its properly built up. However I don't forsee this working for TNA since when was the last time TNA has had a properly built up fued that anyone has cared for in the slightest that doesn't offend anyone in any form for that matter?

i was fine with jarret having his supposed one night only match to defeat angle... the drama was there.. the crowd was into it.. it was a very decent match..

though i shutter to think of jarret as champ again..hhh # 2

I have no probs with Sting as champ.. its Sting for gods sake..He is still a big name and is insanely popular with old school wrestling fans.. Though I think Styles should of won that match last night to be # 1... Next month should be Booker v.s. Sting :(

BFG was loads better than No Mercy

[quote name='Brak']Joe's title run was getting stale, and I think it was partly his fault, but mostly the bookers'.

I'm open to what they do with this, I guess... We'll see.[/quote]

id say its more the bookers fault, taking a backseat to angle pretty much all summer even when they werent ahgainst each other hurt him as a champ and he had 0 to do with that, i pretty much enjoyed joe as champ. whatever, another BFG another meaningless sting run that will prolly just end next month like always.

News items:

In addition to the Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy or Vladimir Koslov or triple threat match I posted about before, also announced for Cyber Sunday is Undertaker vs. Big Show with the voting options being announced at tomorrow's tapings.

Karen Angle has apparently left TNA and is now taking independent bookings. The reason for her departure is apparently because creative had nothing for her, but her filing for divorce from Kurt Angle probably was a factor as well.

Credit: PWInsider.com

The following two matches have been announced for RAW tonight.

* Cryme Tyme & Kelly Kelly vs. John Morrison, The Miz, & Jillian Hall

* Matt Hardy & Rey Mysterio vs. Mark Henry & Kane

I tried to find this on the wwe's website, but is there anyway to watch Raw or Smackdown online, similar to how you can for ECW? I know you can watch ECW through that silverlight thingy, but I don't care for ECW anymore and just want to watch Raw. I'm stuck without tv for awhile, though I still have cable internet.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Normally there is at least one stream on Justin.tv for RAW.[/quote]

I think I found it. Dude, thank you so much. That's truly awesome! That really saves me.:D I can't tell you how happy I am now - plus, I like that nifty chat feature on the side.

After a few months of not watching TNA Wrestling I decided to catch up a bit and watch Bound for Glory. First of all, what the fuck is Mongo doing in TNA? He looks like ass and is really the worse ref ever. Everytime someone was pinned they had to motion for Mongo to get his slow ass over and have him make what seemed to be the slowest pin count ever. Then the whole mid-match segment of Beer Money challenging Mongo was pointless, so damn pointless.

And Nash pulling a Tonya Harding on Joe was predictable and so stupid. I Hate how something so little suddenly turns the tides in Sting's hands for the win and now he "DECIDES THE FATE OF ALL THE YOUNG LIONS IN TNA WRESTLING!" Please, just make it stop....

[quote name='lmz00']I'm going to miss this thread. :cry:[/quote]

This was a great thread. :whistle2:(

And really, does Sting need another World title reign? What purpose does it serve to bring the World title into Sting's next feud (as Samoa Joe seems like he will feud against Kevin Nash)?

Maybe it's a good idea. After all, y'all are talking about TNA, which, you have to admit, we weren't doing before. It was the occasional mention coupled with Jay's recaps.

I still think the show will stink until there's an established hierarchy on the program. ROH needs the same thing - are they still doing the pseudo-Dragon Gate "everyone is in a stable" thing?

[quote name='mykevermin']Maybe it's a good idea. After all, y'all are talking about TNA, which, you have to admit, we weren't doing before. It was the occasional mention coupled with Jay's recaps.

I still think the show will stink until there's an established hierarchy on the program. ROH needs the same thing - are they still doing the pseudo-Dragon Gate "everyone is in a stable" thing?[/quote]

True fact: I read Jay's recaps about TNA more than I watch TNA.
qyu6if.gif

And yes, ROH still does that, Myke. The name "YRR" makes baby Jesus cry. :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back