The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation (Wrestling) Thread

I really hate the half-mask look on Rey. I don't like the way his head is partially exposed.

EDIT: HAAS HOGAN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']After a few months of not watching TNA Wrestling I decided to catch up a bit and watch Bound for Glory. First of all, what the fuck is Mongo doing in TNA? He looks like ass and is really the worse ref ever. Everytime someone was pinned they had to motion for Mongo to get his slow ass over and have him make what seemed to be the slowest pin count ever. Then the whole mid-match segment of Beer Money challenging Mongo was pointless, so damn pointless.

And Nash pulling a Tonya Harding on Joe was predictable and so stupid. I Hate how something so little suddenly turns the tides in Sting's hands for the win and now he "DECIDES THE FATE OF ALL THE YOUNG LIONS IN TNA WRESTLING!" Please, just make it stop....[/quote]

I turned off TNA a long time ago, and don't think I'll return any time soon. That show has to get it's act together. They used to have some good stuff going for them, or at least some entertaining matches, but the show's been just sucking for a long time now. Bring back the X-Division proper, or just have some sensical matches. They need to do something right, otherwise people will just turn it off and it'll be gone.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I turned off TNA a long time ago, and don't think I'll return any time soon. That show has to get it's act together. They used to have some good stuff going for them, or at least some entertaining matches, but the show's been just sucking for a long time now. Bring back the X-Division proper, or just have some sensical matches. They need to do something right, otherwise people will just turn it off and it'll be gone.[/quote]
Hahahaha. Ah, the fact they've survived this long after about a year of awful (JUST AWFUL) storylines, wrestlers, gimmicks, and BAD backstage segments means it won't be going anywhere. I Miss Christopher Daniels.

But he's there every week.

curry-man-superluchasnet.jpg

[quote name='neocisco']But he's there every week.

curry-man-superluchasnet.jpg
[/quote]
I Mean the Christopher Daniels that isn't crying underneath the mask knowing he's reduced to some kinda ethnic stereotype.

So I'm wondering. If somehow Goldust wins the IC title match poll, are they going to get the real Goldust? Last I knew, he was in TNA. I don't think he'd make it....

[quote name='Scorch']Bigger WTF @ the whole jackass segment.[/QUOTE]

The only good thing from the whole segment was getting the Honk-A-Meter update. Otherwise.... well............... its Wrestlecraptastic.

[quote name='Chronis']So I'm wondering. If somehow Goldust wins the IC title match poll, are they going to get the real Goldust? Last I knew, he was in TNA. I don't think he'd make it....[/QUOTE]

I believe Dustin Rhodes (aka Goldust/Black Reign) is no longer with TNA since his profile is no longer on TNAWrestling.com.

Raw was a blast to watch. Between the good-to-great HBK vs. Batista and good-but-short Punk vs. Jericho matches, the intended comedy (Santino nibbling on Beth's arm like Gomez Addams then cutting a promo on the Honka Donk man and two perverts, and HAASAMANIA'S RUNNING WILD, BROTHER) and the seemingly endless trainwreck/unintentionally funny moments (like the botched Beth Phoenix slam, the rest of the Jackass skit, Batista's shirt ripping apart Incredible Hulk-style, HBK screaming that he wasn't a politician, Cole putting over how HOSTILE the lumberjacks were while Deuce showed up on-screen, and Lawler treating NANCY O'DELL like a big star), I was entertained during the vast majority of this show.

Haas Hogan was amusing, as was JBL's browbeating of the driving for putting him next to the rail was funny as well. Both Lawler and Cole ragged on Hogan a ton during this match, so I'm not expecting Hogan to be involved at WM now as it would seem like he and Vince are on the outs again. This show didn't do much to make me want the PPV, but succeeded in making me laugh quite a bit, so I'll give it a thumbs up today.

Quotes -
Jericho - At Cyber Sunday, all of the choices are flawed! I’ve been putting down Orton. Michaels… I almost blinded him, I put him in the hospital, and I punched his wife in the face(accidentally), and the third choice, Stone Cold Steve Austin - YOU THINK HE’S GONNA BE UNBIASED!? I’ve been bragging about beating he and the Rock in one night for seven years - you think he won’t give me a stunner. My title run shouldn’t end due to an unbiased official…or a biased official. It shouldn’t end due to these hypocritical fans and their CELL PHONES!
HBK - Chris, nothing would thrill me more than to be able to come out here and tell you that if I get voted in at Cyber Sunday, I’ll put our differences aside and call the match right down the middle…I’d like to tell you that, for me, it’s better if you win, since afterwards, I can challenge you and beat you for the world heavyweight championship.. I’d like to be able to tell you that, I really would, but I can’t. If I get voted in, I’ll do whatever I can to make Cyber Sunday the most miserable day in your life. I’M NOT A POLITICIAN, I’m gonna do what I can…(he mount punches Jericho)
Cole - Rey with the SWASHBUCKLING STYLE!
Lawler - NANCY O’DELL FROM ACCESS HOLLYWOOD HAS JOINED US!
JBL - Everywhere I go, the topic of conversation is this economy, and the basic fundamentals of “are banks going to fail?”, is my 401k okay, will I lose my house…? You look at me like I’m gonna help - there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. The Congress’ bailout plan make sure my good friends that I WILL keep all of my money, I’m making bank! Because this Congress knows the poor will always be here, and the rich must be taken care of at all extremes. I AM AMERICA! I AM A REAL AMERICAN… (Haas Hogan comes out)
Lawler - He’s in worse shape than I thought.
Cole - He needs a bailout.
Cole - HAAS HOGAN! OH MY!
Lawler - Wow, I thought Hulk Hogan got himself back in shape. (HAASAMANIA belt is shown)
Lawler - HE’S ABOUT TO HAAS UP!
Cole - Haas up….
Lawler - BROTHER! HERE COMES THE HAASTER!
(Hogan misses the leg drop)Lawler - He might’ve broken his hip.
(after Cena video airs)Orton - I find it kind of funny that no one had any kind words to say about me when I got hurt! I broke my collar bone and finished my match with HHH, but I guess I’m not Cena. Thank God. At Cyber Sunday, do NOT vote for me - I don’t need to put myself in physical jeopardy. Vote for HBK, Austin, or don’t vote at all, because whether I face Jericho or Batista, I will be world champion again. And the best part about that is that you people have no say in the matter.
Lawler - I’m so excited about Cyber Sunday that I might just text for the rest of the show. OMG! Right now, you’re LOL!
Cole - THE RING IS SURROUNDED BY POSSIBLY HOSTILE WWE SUPERSTARS! (Deuce appears)
Cole - Michaels with a figure 4 leglock, shades of Ric Flair at WrestleMania, which started this whole issue with Batista!
Lawler - There’s NO WAY Michaels can be unbiased at Cyber Sunay!
Cole - Yeah…he said that earlier…
(after every lumberjack comes in, but not after Mark Henry bear hugs HBK in front of the ref)Cole - THAT’S A BLATANT DISQUALIFICATION!
Cole - HBK AND BATISTA FOUGHT OFF THE HOSTILE LUMBERJACKS!
(Santino comes out)Cole - What’s wrong with him?
Lawler - Everything.
Lawler - If you’d like to see Santino shake, rattle, and roll with the Honky Tonk Man. Text Honky. HONKY!
Santino - Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you… THE HONK-A-METER! The HONKY DONK MAN WAS IC CHAMPION FOR 64 WEEKS! I have been champion for NINE WEEKS, which means that in a year’s time, I will be just WEEKS AWAY from his record as being the greatest champion If you text the incredibly racist term “Honky”, you can vote to see me face the Honky Tonk Man, or you can vote for me to face two cross dressers. Golden Dust and my good friend, Rodney the Piper. Both former champions, and both are VERY PERVERTED! We have THE JACKASS, JONNY KNOCKVILLE! COME HERE TO THE RINGS! I HAVE TO AXE YOU A QUESTION! ISS OKAY! RELAX, DON’T WORRY! I’M NOT GONNA GONNA PUT DA MUSTARD ON YOUR…PRIVATES, OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU DO! HE LOOKS LIKE A JACKASS! HEY, I WENT TO THE JACKASSWORLD.COM WEBSITE, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING TO MAKE FUN OF THE GREAT KHALI!?
Knoxville - I was just asking about his tallywacker - I’m sure you dudes gets asked about yours all the time. (Beth then botches a slam on him)
Santino - YOU DON’T MESS WITH HER! LET’S GO!(Hornswoggle comes out and tadpole splashes Knoxville)
Cole - HE SAID HE WANTED TO SEE THE LITTLE PEOPLE, WELL, HE GOT HORNSWOGGLE!
Lawler - WHO IS THIS!?
Cole - IT’S DICK JOHNSON!
Lawler - I know, but I still gotta ask what it is!
Cole - IT’S THE BOOGEYMAN!
Knoxville - So that wasn’t that bad…I got gored by a bull and blown up by a rocket. That was all right…(Khali comes out)
Lawler - This may not be all right.
(after the Khali bomb)Cole - Well, that may not make jackassworld.com , but it’ll make wwe.com!
Cole - It started with the tadpole splash, and got worse from there.
Morrison - Cryme Tyme, we’ve already proved that we’re better in the ring, but tonight, we’re gonna prove that we’re more gangsta!
Miz - GANGSTA!
Morrison - The girls all want a piece of peanut better and Johnny!
Mizorrison - YO CRYME TYME, YOU ABOUT TO GET SERVED!
Jillian - SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEERRRRRVVVVEEEEEDDDD!
Lawler - Do me a favor - stab me with something.
Cole - Miz and Morrison said things about JTG’s alleged bad spelling and Shad’s alleged love of BIG WOMEN!
(after a week of hearing he’s never been KOed)Cole - Let’s take you back to No Mercy, where the Big Show did something to the Undertaker that we’ve RARELY seen before!
Lawler - They couldn’t find a referee’s shirt big enough for Batista - it’s already busting at the seams!
Lawler - THIS IS HISTORY! It’s the first time Batista’s ever refereed a match!
Cole - Maybe Jericho should’ve RESPECTED AUTHORITY, because it led to the BATISTA BOMB FROM THE GUEST REFEREE!

Screens -

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Hahahaha. Ah, the fact they've survived this long after about a year of awful (JUST AWFUL) storylines, wrestlers, gimmicks, and BAD backstage segments means it won't be going anywhere. I Miss Christopher Daniels.[/quote]

I didn't go into as much detail as you laid out, but yeah, everything they've done over the past year (well the first six months that I watches) were horrendous. It was bland and just painful to watch.

[quote name='Purple Flames']The Boogeyman is back? :puke:[/quote]

I was actually laughing at that segment

By the way, did anyone else's feed from justin.tv drop towards the end of Raw?

[quote name='Chase']This was a great thread. :whistle2:([/quote]
I'm all about letting this go to 1,000 and changing it to "The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation (Wrestling) Thread Memorial Thread."

[quote name='BustaUppa']I don't follow TNA, but this sounds like the same level of WTF as when Hogan won the WWE belt in 2002. Actually no, strike that - because as silly as it was in 2002, at least Hogan had actually spent the majority of his career in the WWE. Nostalgia runs are always questionable, but they're outright pointless when the wrestler in question built their legacy in an entirely different company.[/QUOTE]

Hogan winning the belt in 2002 was because the fan support at live shows pretty much demanded it. Giving Hogan one last main-event run.

Plus Hogan later put over Brock Lesnar, cementing Lesnar as a main eventer; which worked a lot better than when John Cena was put over by, #-o... JBL.

The expression on Batista's face in that first picture is hilarious. For being the big, tough muscle guy - he's provided some interesting facial expressions (this and after the scramble match)

[quote name='Demolition Man']WTF @ Beth botching a bodyslam.[/QUOTE]From what I could tell that definitely looked like it was Knoxville's fault... heh, at least Beth sort of turned it into a powerslam-looking thingy on the way down.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You would think they learned their lesson about working with guys involved in Jackass anyway.[/QUOTE]

I think they were making up for it this time - Steve-O hilariously no-sells everything Umaga throws at him, then Knoxville oversells something that wouldn't hurt someone's great-grandmother.

Wow. I'm surprised the WWE dropped Cade as he's been involved in one of their biggest angles of the year.

Are we taking this to 1000 or are we starting a new thread?

[quote name='JJSP']Wow. I'm surprised the WWE dropped Cade as he's been involved in one of their biggest angles of the year.[/quote]

True, but he hasn't really done anything in the angle until than try to interfere in matches. For the most part he was just "there".

Oh dear god, i guess we can look forward to a Lance Cade main event push in TNA with Don West orgasming over him having a win over Shawn Michaels

[quote name='Purple Flames']True, but he hasn't really done anything in the angle until than try to interfere in matches. For the most part he was just "there".[/QUOTE]
I just figured they were trying to give him the rub from Jericho and HBK. He went from being bogged down in a gimmicky tag-team to being a solid upper-midcard talent in a couple of weeks. He's not a bad worker by any means, and he's got a pretty good look - he's trained by Shawn, which I would have figured would help him long before it'd hurt him. Then again, he'd been given several chances to get over and it really never happened for him.

It sucks that they wasted a "push" on a guy they ended up releasing. It seems like that happens far too often these days, and often at the expense of quality talent that gets looked over.

That said, I'm a little intrigued with the Kizarny character. The name is lame, but he's got good connections (childhood friend of Edge and Christian) and a unique look. Hopefully it works out for him better than Boogeyman did.

[quote name='diddy310']Oh dear god, i guess we can look forward to a Lance Cade main event push in TNA with Don West orgasming over him having a win over Shawn Michaels[/quote]

I am pretty surprised Lance Cade was released. I thought they were going to feud him with Michaels to help build him as a character.

I saw the title "WWE releases Raw superstar" on Rajah and thought it was Nick Nemeth. Needless to say, I am disappointed. :whistle2:#

And yes, I suspect Cade will end up in TNA. Probably in a feud with Christian Cage. :whistle2:k

I think the Cade push was a simple underestimation of Jericho. He was there in case heel Jericho wasn't getting over... there's no simpler way of turning heel than making someone else (Cade) do your dirty work. Cade, sadly, was likely a back-up plan in case Jericho failed in his heel turn by himself.

But, what happened? Jericho GOT over and MAJORLY with a character that was winning underhandedly, but *without* needing the sidekick. Therefore, Cade was relegated to 'standing there' most of the time.

Regardless, I think there's more to this. There's a reason his job was saved when Cade/Murdoch were split. He had the HBK rub, but now even *that* wasn't enough to save him. Again, he was fairly useless in this angle, but he surely could've been used somewhere else... which is why I think we may find out more about this in the coming days.

Cade had to have done something wrong. Otherwise, I doubt they would have pushed him so hard and then just dropped him.

My friend Chris and I got tickets today to the first ever TNA show in California. It's in Ontario on Halloween night. We got great seats- floor section 1 (FL1), row 3. Good news for us, but bad news for TNA as the tickets have been on sale for a month and this show is part of a series of events that make up the grand opening of the Citizens Business Bank Arena, a 12,000 seat venue. Being able to get 3rd row seats 17 days before the show does not bode well for the attendance numbers.

24900s.gif

[quote name='007']I think the Cade push was a simple underestimation of Jericho. He was there in case heel Jericho wasn't getting over... there's no simpler way of turning heel than making someone else (Cade) do your dirty work. Cade, sadly, was likely a back-up plan in case Jericho failed in his heel turn by himself.

But, what happened? Jericho GOT over and MAJORLY with a character that was winning underhandedly, but *without* needing the sidekick. Therefore, Cade was relegated to 'standing there' most of the time.

Regardless, I think there's more to this. There's a reason his job was saved when Cade/Murdoch were split. He had the HBK rub, but now even *that* wasn't enough to save him. Again, he was fairly useless in this angle, but he surely could've been used somewhere else... which is why I think we may find out more about this in the coming days.[/quote]

'Roids, you reckon? :whistle2:k

I initially thought "Back-up plan if SmackDown dies and they need to cut some of the roster" until I referenced the latest SmackDown rating and discovered it was a 2.1, which is good considering the network is MyNetworkTV.

[quote name='Chase']'Roids, you reckon? :whistle2:k[/quote]

Not unless it was his third violation or something. Otherwise they would have just sent him home for 30 days.

[quote name='JJSP']Now go buy tickets to BOLA for Saturday and Sunday, Matt. ;)[/QUOTE]

I want to go, but still no car. Chris offered to drive to go see TNA, but he's not willing to drive even further for an indy, sadly. :(

[quote name='Matt Young']I want to go, but still no car. Chris offered to drive to go see TNA, but he's not willing to drive even further for an indy, sadly. :([/QUOTE]
Tell him AJ's wrestling Joe in a cage. It's not happening, but it might work. ;)

If you're ever looking to find a nearby indy show, check out http://www.socaluncensored.com. Just about every indy fed in the area posts their upcoming shows there, and many of them share talent. Generally something going on every weekend all over SoCal.

Yeah, I have that bookmarked. It's just transportation that's an issue.

Good match. I was happy to see Bourne win, since a Hardy/Bourne match would be tits. Hopefully Morrison, my favorite ECW guy, wins the other qualifier.

[quote name='JJSP']If you're ever looking to find a nearby indy show, check out http://www.socaluncensored.com. Just about every indy fed in the area posts their upcoming shows there, and many of them share talent. Generally something going on every weekend all over SoCal.[/quote]

Crazily enough, I just saw a commercial last Friday for a SoCalPro wrestling show in Oceanside the next night. Didn't realize indys came this far south. :) (Unfortunately, I had prior plans in Fullerton)

[quote name='Purple Flames']Not unless it was his third violation or something. Otherwise they would have just sent him home for 30 days.[/quote]

Probably didn't have anything for him creatively and decided to cut him like they've done with Murdoch and others. They got their use out of him by giving Jericho a much needed push. Kinda sad that his last match was him getting his ass handed to him by HBK.

I knew something was up last night when there was no mention of him and didn't come out with Jericho. As for ECW, either Finlay or Bourne would be something new.

Loved ECW tonight - Chavo-Bourne was good and Finlay-Morrison was very good, as per usual whenever Finlay's matches are given time on ECW. Cryme Tyme showing up was unexpected and made sense, and I loved seeing Finlay crack them upside the head after the match.

Quotes -
Atlas - Last week, Mark Henry sent a painfur message to Matt Hardy! We can’t make it any more clearer!
(after Evan Bourne asks Henry for a handshake)Striker - THE MEGA POWERS EXPLODE...what is this?
Striker - Chavo and Evan Bourne use the WWE Junior style made famous by the original Tiger Mask and the incomparible Dynamite Kid.
Striker - As my daddy said, an angry fighter is a sloppy fighter.
(during Bourne-Chavo)Grisham - WHO WILL WIN THIS CLASSIC CONTEST!? FIND OUT NEXT!
Striker - Rolling Liger Kick onto the dome of Evan Bourne!
Striker - Todd, I don’t know if you’ve ever been hit with anything, we can arrange something later, but when you take a punch, it takes a LOT out of you.
(after Bourne gets crotched on the buckle)Striker - That’ll affect Evan’s descendents for years to come.
(after Henry attacks Bourne)Striker - Mark Henry making sure there are no hanging chads. Can I use that reference? I JUST DID!
Dreamer - Teddy, could I get a title shot after Cyber Sunday? I’d really appreciate it.
Swagger - Did I enter a time warp? It’s not 1996 anymore. You get to relive your glory days every week, but some of us are here to create our legacy and not…bastardizing it.
Grisham - Big thanks to Pendula for…
Striker - Pendulum - Edgar Allen Poe’s favorite band.
Striker - Would you like to see Stone Cold? No, then pick HBK!
Grisham - We’re in Vegas…how much ya lost so far?
Striker - $1 on cards.. I’m like Gambit - the X-Men character.
Striker - Feel the seduction of the Duke of Debauchery, John Morrison!
Grisham - If you’d like to see Bourne face Matt Hardy, text…if you’d like to see Mark Henry face Matt Hardy, text…
Striker - What if I text “question mark” to 3459?
Grisham - Nothing.
Striker - Thanks.
Striker - What are you going for on the 31 days of Halloween?
Striker - I’m going to go as either the Repo Man or Bastion Booger.
Grisham - You could go as a good commentator, but…
Grisham - Finlay’s held 16 titles in Europe and was U.S. champion here!
Striker - Finlay’s like a crocodile - one minute, he’s calm, and the next, he’s aggressive!
Crowd - JOHNNY ASSHOLE! LET’S GO FINLAY!
(after Hornswoggle dives onto M&M)Stiker - That would be called the Tope, but with him doing it, it’s the lowpe!
Striker - The right arm of Finlay bouncing JoMo around the room!
Grisham - Morrison, who likes to write poetry, make films, and rap occasionally, still has time to appear on ECW. Thanks, John.
(after Hornswoggle is in an…odd position)Striker - I don’t even want to think about what he’s trying to do.
Striker - Knox is pulled underneath the ring, is Hornswoggle that strong. Is he like Ant-Man?

i didnt see the end of finlay/morrison. the chave/bourne match was good. im really starting to dig striker on commentary with all his smarry remarks and such

For Cade to get released during a huge angle like this, even when he's on upcoming house shows.. he had to do something huge. There's not much I can think of unless he just pissed off the wrong person.

Why are they pushing Evan Bourne? He seems too generic to do anything with. Maybe if they brought back the Cruiserweight title.

bread's done
Back