The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Thanks, whatup5. I updated the second post and bolded all the 1.75 and better ones (though I didn't calculate each one - just eyeballed them).

I went to another GS that supposedly had Escape from Bug Island and it was disc-only. It was very odd - half the Wii games at this store were disc-only. Usually for a newer system like that there would only be a handful of disc-only copies. At the other store I went to yesterday I don't think they had any like that and the ones I got were mint and complete. There was something very strange about this second store though - in a mall and very small with a small selection of games - half of them disc-only...

hey IO i got a question & sorry for soundin like a noob by askin it but i didnt see anything on your first page posting, i was wanderin does BBV/Gamerush price match any deals what so ever?

[quote name='stoned99']You should try living / working in the Garden Grove / Cypress area, all stores within a 10 mile radius were wiped out, I visited 6 GS's and managed to find 4 total games from the entire list, a few stores had nothing from the list, not a single game. My area has gone to hell :(

I'm thinking I should start taking Friday mornings off from work just to actually get a game or two.

Whomever is now in my area is wiping out every store they visit, I at least always left copies behind for other caggers, these new greedy bastards are just wiping out every store they visit.

My poor GR is also being bogged down with serious #'s of each flip. I keep meaning to ask the Manager who the new flipper is. Just as a heads up to whomever the flipper is, that particular GR was where I was originally banned from in the early days, the area DM does pay attention and I was only reinstated 1 entire year later, with express instructions to only ever trade 1 copy of any game or risk a perma ban.[/quote]

I feel your pain...Living in Garden Grove and trying to flip is impossible...Not sure who the flipper is...but i know there are a few of us already...probably a lurker...

List of people I know in the area...
ME
Oldboy
Stoned99
Asmatic

saw some 10 year old ask for
Code Lyoko - Quest for Infinity
didn't think much about at the time since no posted about it.

[quote name='PATWRIK']I feel your pain...Living in Garden Grove and trying to flip is impossible...Not sure who the flipper is...but i know there are a few of us already...probably a lurker...

ME
Oldboy
Stoned99
Asmatic[/quote]

You can add me to that list. Btw...Garden Grove GR is one of the coolest one. The manager there is coolest person in any of the BBs I have ever seen...she is a gamer herself.

P.S - And yes I did leave a bug island at Cypress store for fellow CAGs

[quote name='Poor2More']I manage to go around to a couple of gamestops and picked up ...

Bust a Move x2 Wii
Monster Jam Wii
Spy Games Wii

I paid $48 out of pocket w/coupon+edge
and got..... 96$ at BBV, so I bought Madden and still have $36 left[/quote]

Bust a move TIV is $23 x2= 46
Monster Jam TIV is $30
Does that mean that spy games is like 15-20 TIV?

Just asking b/c that would be a good trade in for me since I have a copy. I thought they were probably giving like $5 for it since it is a crap game.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']
Does that mean that spy games is like 15-20 TIV?[/quote]

It's $16.

Used whatup5's post to update my Excel file. ;) Now I'll have more stuff to look for when I make another run on Saturday. I'm down to less than $350 GS credit, I might have to return those 2 Pokémon :ds: systems I got yesterday.

Escape from Bug Island 2.37
Bust a Move Bash 1.97
Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity 1.97
Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge 1.97
One Piece Unlimited Adventure 1.97
Cranium Kabookii 1.89
Rock and Roll Adventures 1.89
Spy Game Elevator Mission 1.89
Legend of the Dragon 1.88
Space Chimps 1.85
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 1.71
Monster Jam 1.71
Chicken Little: Ace in Action 1.64
Battalion Wars 2 1.60
Dancing with the Stars 1.60
Jumper 1.54
Arctic Tale 1.54
Balls of Fury 1.54
George of the Jungle 1.54
Mini Desktop Racing 1.54
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 1.48
Emergency Mayhem 1.42
Target Terror 1.42
Anubis 2 1.39
Balloon Pop 1.37
Ben 10 1.37
Castle of Shikigami III 1.37
Obscure: The Aftermath 1.37
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 1.37
Showtime Boxing 1.37
Super Swing Golf Season 2 1.37
Madden 07 1.33
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith 1.32

[quote name='Quintox']Thx whatup.

Does anyone know of any other way to get some BBV ---> GS? My GR had no GBASP's and I'm out of GS credit.[/quote]

The most of the Mario GC games, and LoZ TP are a good way. They are $14.99 each at BB and get up to $21 after the 30% bonus. There are some other flips in the OP.

IO, I gotta ask , whats the point of posting the price before the discount? Its not like B1G1 where the highest is going to take the original price. I know not everyone has an edge card, but it would prevent questions on why flipping a $12.99 game to $13 would be worth it (then again, if they cant figure it out, maybe they don't need to be flipping)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bezerker']The most of the Mario GC games, and LoZ TP are a good way. They are $14.99 each at GS and get up to $21 after the 30% bonus. There are some other flips in the OP.
[/quote]

Thanks, I think you have it backwards but I know what you mean :)

[quote name='whymustiregister']It's $16.

Used whatup5's post to update my Excel file. ;) Now I'll have more stuff to look for when I make another run on Saturday. I'm down to less than $350 GS credit, I might have to return those 2 Pokémon :ds: systems I got yesterday.

Escape from Bug Island 2.37
Bust a Move Bash 1.97
Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity 1.97
Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge 1.97
One Piece Unlimited Adventure 1.97
Cranium Kabookii 1.89
Rock and Roll Adventures 1.89
Spy Game Elevator Mission 1.89
Legend of the Dragon 1.88
Space Chimps 1.85
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 1.71
Monster Jam 1.71
Chicken Little: Ace in Action 1.64
Battalion Wars 2 1.60
Dancing with the Stars 1.60
Jumper 1.54
Arctic Tale 1.54
Balls of Fury 1.54
George of the Jungle 1.54
Mini Desktop Racing 1.54
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 1.48
Emergency Mayhem 1.42
Target Terror 1.42
Anubis 2 1.39
Balloon Pop 1.37
Ben 10 1.37
Castle of Shikigami III 1.37
Obscure: The Aftermath 1.37
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 1.37
Showtime Boxing 1.37
Super Swing Golf Season 2 1.37
Madden 07 1.33
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith 1.32[/quote]

Might want to update Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 1.71 to 1.37.
1.71 was when it was getting $20. Now it only gets $16.

I was wondering if I could just buy a new 360 and put my old Elite drive in it? Would it still have my old content? Or does the harddrive only work with the 360 it originally came with?

Had a 360 launch unit that worked with no problems till July. I'm selling the refurb w/ 2 controllers to my friend and getting a falcon elite and paying the difference for that.

[quote name='PATWRIK']I feel your pain...Living in Garden Grove and trying to flip is impossible...Not sure who the flipper is...but i know there are a few of us already...probably a lurker...

ME
Oldboy
Stoned99[/quote]

you can take me off that list. I never hit up any BBVs at GG or Cypress, I'll leave that for you guys. But i was tempted to hit up some of your GS's cause it was along the way. :p

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']You can add me to that list. Btw...Garden Grove GR is one of the coolest one. The manager there is coolest person in any of the BBs I have ever seen...she is a gamer herself.

P.S - And yes I did leave a bug island at Cypress store for fellow CAGs[/quote]

It was gone when I got there around 5:30

Maybe I'll do better today deeper behind the orange curtain.

I just got back from Gamestop got....

Bust a Move Wii $11->$23
Luxor Wii $11->$23
Puzzle Quest Wii $11->$16

$66 credt at blockbuster I received, I reserved Too Human and paid it off in full with the credit, so I really got too human for $25 :)

[quote name='Bezerker']IO, I gotta ask , whats the point of posting the price before the discount? Its not like B1G1 where the highest is going to take the original price. I know not everyone has an edge card, but it would prevent questions on why flipping a $12.99 game to $13 would be worth it [highlight](then again, if they cant figure it out, maybe they don't need to be flipping)[/highlight][/QUOTE]

BINGO!

It's also to mask (just a little) the potential profit in case there are "people" monitoring this thread. You guys can figure it out. And like you said, anyone who can't probably shouldn't be flipping anyway as they will probably be the type to bring in 5 of the same game and ruin it for everyone else...

Originally, though, it was because there were good flips whether there was a 25% off coupon, or just the regular constantly running 10% one - and whether you had Edge or not. Take :ps3: SST as a good example of that. I don't want to post some ephemeral 25% off price when some of these will be good even after (though I'll be sure to prune the list of Wii titles once the current coupon ends).

I figured I had answered my own question.

I did pretty good today. I'm gonna have to make a 2nd (and maybe a 3rd) run as there are a couple stores with over 5 good flip titles. So far i've turned $150 cash and $50 GS credit into a little over $425 BB credit. According to my list there are still at least 2 of each 1.75+ game out there within a 10 mile drive.

Any flipper CAGs in the Poway, SD area? My gf lives there and I'm visting her now but she's at work so I figure I might slip in some flipping while im here.

[quote name='mbartholow']I've found several great deals at the Toys R Us clearance for the 360, including several games and a $20 hard drive. Been excited to get an Arcade system when the price drops next month.

-A few questions for the 360 sage's at CAG:
-Better to wait for some systems to clear out and look for the newest chipset?
-Will the Arcade system get the new chipset?
-If there's not much difference, should I just get one from Amazon with Prime and price adjust early next month?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same things as well. Does anyone know the answers to the first two questions? And is the price drop nearly 100% official now?

Out of the 10 most popular Xbox games, only Halo 3 is an exclusive! The rest are available either on other consoles or PC. And Halo 3 will soon come out on PC.

[quote name='dtarasev']Out of the 10 most popular Xbox games, only Halo 3 is an exclusive! The rest are available either on other consoles or PC. And Halo 3 will soon come out on PC.[/quote]Your point being?

[quote name='dtarasev']Out of the 10 most popular Xbox games, only Halo 3 is an exclusive! The rest are available either on other consoles or PC. And Halo 3 will soon come out on PC.[/quote]

And you can pretty much say the same thing about the PS3. The vast majority of the popular games and franchises are multi-console, nowadays: Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Call of Duty, Madden, GTA, Tom Clancy...basically almost everything. The Wii does have a pretty strong line-up of exclusives...but it also suffers from a pretty weak third-party line-up. So...anyway...yeah...

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Your point being?[/quote]

Usually, when I try to convince someone that a system is good, I usually name exclusives. But I suppose that exclusives are a bit much to hope for nowadays, not that I actually want them. I was just making a point that if I were to make a list of the most popular Xbox games, most of them(before half were ported over the PC), would have been exclusives. Same with the PS2 and GC.

If I were to make a thread like this for the PS3(I am sure one exists somewhere around here) I would not point out the most popular games but the most popular games which cannot be had on any other system. Heavenly Sword, Warhawk and MGS4 are all games I would use as an example. For the 360, I would use stuff like Dead Rising( I know a Wii port is coming, but the versions are extremely different), Crackdown or Culdcept Saga.

Your list of the most popular games would work for someone who has never had any other system, but for some one who has something else the list does not much to justify a 360 purchase.

I wasn't really trying making a point just an observation. I simply found it interesting.

[quote name='dtarasev']Usually, when I try to convince someone that a system is good, I usually name exclusives. But I suppose that exclusives are a bit much to hope for nowadays, not that I actually want them. I was just making a point that if I were to make a list of the most popular Xbox games, most of them(before half were ported over the PC), would have been exclusives. Same with the PS2 and GC.

If I were to make a thread like this for the PS3(I am sure one exists somewhere around here) I would not point out the most popular games but the most popular games which cannot be had on any other system. Heavenly Sword, Warhawk and MGS4 are all games I would use as an example. For the 360, I would use stuff like Dead Rising( I know a Wii port is coming, but the versions are extremely different), Crackdown or Culdcept Saga.

Your list of the most popular games would work for someone who has never had any other system, but for some one who has something else the list does not much to justify a 360 purchase.

I wasn't really trying making a point just an observation. I simply found it interesting.[/quote]So, what you're trying to say is to make a list of 360 exclusives?

The list (which isn't very updated) is from GameRankings.com and it just shows the score the games have received from customers/reviewers. I've been told that Major Nelson's list would be better, but if I should also make a section that's just for 360/Games for Windows exclusives then let me know.

Sounds like you are poor and lacking games so this would be a perfect fit for you as you'd get a ton of quality gaming for little cash. I've been meaning to pick this back up. I got it at release beat HL2 and Portal but never got around to finishing the other episodes b4 trading it to a friend. Team Fortress was pretty fun online as well.

If anyone is looking for Yakuza (PS2), BBV has it for only $6 used, Awesome game from what I hear, and come on $6 to us flippers is pratically getting it for FREE

I picked up Yakuza for only $6 today

[quote name='Bezerker']TIV's only change on Monday and possibly Sunday.[/quote]

Woah, when did they stop chaning on Tuesdays? that sucks cuz im off monday and planned on picking up and flipping then...that'll blow balls if they change the TIV that morning

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']So, what you're trying to say is to make a list of 360 exclusives?

The list (which isn't very updated) is from GameRankings.com and it just shows the score the games have received from customers/reviewers. I've been told that Major Nelson's list would be better, but if I should also make a section that's just for 360/Games for Windows exclusives then let me know.[/quote]

Yes, I think that sort of list would be much better than the list of popular games. But really, I was just pointing out a fun fact. I wasn't trying to hate on your excellent thread.

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']Woah, when did they stop chaning on Tuesdays? that sucks cuz im off monday and planned on picking up and flipping then...that'll blow balls if they change the TIV that morning[/QUOTE]

They seem to be changing Monday AM (first thing) now, but it is in flux and could change again.

(By the way, I'm posting from Sky Harbor airport. I figured I'd make use of my time here and look up some GS game availability back home ;))

[quote name='jraypeon']Any flipper CAGs in the Poway, SD area? My gf lives there and I'm visting her now but she's at work so I figure I might slip in some flipping while im here.[/quote]

GO AWAY...THIS IS MY SECRET SPOT

anybody interested in my Eye Of Judgment PS3 game only ? Its a good flip at BB. I couldnt trade it in b/c they had too many copies

[quote name='Poor2More']I just got back from Gamestop got....

Bust a Move Wii $11->$23
Luxor Wii $11->$23
Puzzle Quest Wii $11->$16

$66 credt at blockbuster I received, I reserved Too Human and paid it off in full with the credit, so I really got too human for $25 :)[/quote]

not bad those seem to be the best ones right now?

[quote name='dtarasev']Yes, I think that sort of list would be much better than the list of popular games. But really, I was just pointing out a fun fact. I wasn't trying to hate on your excellent thread.[/quote]Heard.

I'll go about updating the current list, as well as a list for Microsoft exclusive games, then.

Does anyone know if you can transfer credit that's placed onto your account back onto a giftcard? The person working today accidentally placed it onto my acoount and didn't know how to get it off.

bread's done
Back