The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Grabbed 12 PMDs on Tuesday, 4 of them from Radio Shack because I couldn't resist. I had the 2 coupons from the 2008 Entertainment Book, which I bought with BB credit last year. ;) As for spending cash at RS, I was able to get a Wii Fit so I'll double my investment once I sell it and still have GS credit left from those 4 PMDs.

So I dumped 5 so far at one store (they are cool like that). Hope to pick up another 4 on Wednesday or Thursday, then revisit that same GS and another that allows me to trade duplicates. The price better hold so I can move more credit back to GS!

BTW, :ps3: Rock Band - $30.

[quote name='JJSP']:ps3: Madden '09 CE is down to $44.98 at Target (clearanced). $36 for Madden '09, but does anyone know what Head Coach '09 gets? It's included in the CE - possibly worth looking into.[/quote]
If most new $59.99 games get $36 at BB, Head Coach retail will be $49.99, so i'd expect it to be $30-33.
$20+ profit but have to use cash.
Probably should wait a few days after the 9/3 release day to trade it in. Would be a huge red flag to trade it in on the day it came out but could dump Madden now.

While out flipping yesterday, did anyone happen to see any new copies of N+ DS at any Blockbusters/Gamerushes? I'd really like to spend a bit of my credit on it, but the BB/GR I visited yesterday had none in stock and none on order. Called another location with the same result.

EDIT: Ah, I read the release date was yesterday, but Amazon says it won't be in stock until the 29th.

Just so everyone knows, Head Coach does not come with its own case in the Madden 09 CE. So be prepared to create your own, so to speak, if you wish to trade it into BB.

Finally back from my vacation in Portugal. It was alright, but now to get back into the loop. Can anyone steer me in the right direction (aka, what are the hot flips right now). I've read the past 3 pages, but haven't found much on the GS>BBV side.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Finally back from my vacation in Portugal. It was alright, but now to get back into the loop. Can anyone steer me in the right direction (aka, what are the hot flips right now). I've read the past 3 pages, but haven't found much on the GS>BBV side.[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell, here are the decent flips using the GS 25% off PS3 coupon + edge card.

Hellboy - 22.75 GS -> 36 BB - 1.58 ratio
World Series of Poker 08 - 12.99 GS -> 23 BB - 1.77 ratio
Eye of Judgement - 19.49 GS -> 33 BB - 1.69 ratio
Blacksite: Area 51 - 16.24 GS -> 30 BB - 1.84 ratio
History Channel: BftP - 16.24 GS -> 26 BB - 1.60 ratio
Bladestorm - 22.75 GS -> 36 BB - 1.58 ratio
Sega Superstars Tennis - 8.44 GS -> 20 BB - 2.36 ratio

I'm not positive that all of those trade-in values held this week, but I think they did.

It seems like most people are flipping their bb credit to gs now with the trade in 3/4/5 get 12/20/30% more. They are doing this by picking up copies of Golden Compass, Iridium Runners and Power Rangers at BB which are 4.99 and have a nearly 1:1 trade ratio at GS. From there its different things but a lot of people are buying the retail pokemons there for 24.99 and trading them into GS for 22 but the 3/4/5 deal kicks the flip value to a bit over 1:1.

Hope that helps some. going to portugal sounds cool.

Also Eye of Judgements are 29.99 clearance at WalMart if you can find them. The game flips at Blockbuster for 33 YMMV (some want the camera too.) Then the camera flips at GS for around 12 but I still don't have confirmation on this. Apparently you can sell the rare cards with the game for 20 bucks on ebay according to berserk for a total flip profit of 32.

I don't have any credit built up at either store like most people do here because I'm just starting to flip. Anyone have any good tips for getting started building the credit?

[quote name='eugaet']While out flipping yesterday, did anyone happen to see any new copies of N+ DS at any Blockbusters/Gamerushes? I'd really like to spend a bit of my credit on it, but the BB/GR I visited yesterday had none in stock and none on order. Called another location with the same result.

EDIT: Ah, I read the release date was yesterday, but Amazon says it won't be in stock until the 29th.[/quote]

Almost everywhere I've looked online (besides Amazon) shows the release date as 8/26, which usually is when it ships out. Meaning, it should be in most stores today. Having said that, this most likely means Blockbuster will get n+ on Friday.

But, if anybody sees it there today, let us know!

EDIT: Just called one of my local stores about it. Last time I checked, 2-3 days ago, they still had the old release date of 8/15, but today when he looked, it shows 8/29 for both the PSP and DS versions. So, yup, this Friday. Unfortunately, he said it looks like their store wasn't getting any copies of it in (and its even a GR store). I'll have to check at my other local store.

EDIT #2: I just called my *other* local store, which is actually closer to me anyway, and they also have ZERO copies of n+ on order. Looks like I might just be pickin' it up at Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cg1407']

I don't have any credit built up at either store like most people do here because I'm just starting to flip. Anyone have any good tips for getting started building the credit?[/quote]

A good place to start is usually checking the target and sears threads for deals to build up some quick credit. This requires timing and luck as well.

[quote name='cg1407']Apparently you can sell the rare cards with the game for 20 bucks on ebay according to berserk for a total flip profit of 32.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you'd be kind of lucky to get a $20 EoJ card in the booster pack, and also, if you're going to sell the cards on eBay, why not sell the camera on there as well? I'd imagine you could get at least $20, even after paypal/ebay fees that is still better than $12 GS credit.

FYI, both Pokemon MDs have $5 pricegrabber.com rebates. I've already ditched mine, but if you get a copy of the receipt and UPC before ditching them, request the rebate form, write a review, send in the form, receipt, and upc copies, they'll mail you a $5 rebate check. Huge pain in the ass, but hey, this is CAG and its $5.

[quote name='mkernan']
EDIT #2: I just called my *other* local store, which is actually closer to me anyway, and they also have ZERO copies of n+ on order. Looks like I might just be pickin' it up at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if the GR stores don't even have it on order I doubt any BBV's are getting this one.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Finally back from my vacation in Portugal. It was alright, but now to get back into the loop. Can anyone steer me in the right direction (aka, what are the hot flips right now). I've read the past 3 pages, but haven't found much on the GS>BBV side.[/QUOTE]

The second post is your friend!

[quote name='io']Yeah, if the GR stores don't even have it on order I doubt any BBV's are getting this one.
[/quote]

Yeah; I think I might just buy one of the Pokemon MD games at BB, trade it to GS by itself, and eat the loss so I can pick up n+.

EDIT: .... and a pack of gum to make the pre-tax $25 min/ for contest entry.

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah; I think I might just buy one of the Pokemon MD games at BB, trade it to GS by itself, and eat the loss so I can pick up n+.

EDIT: .... and a pack of gum to make the pre-tax $25 min/ for contest entry.[/quote]

I went ahead and did this. Pokemon MD EoD was $27 after TX tax, traded for $22 at GS with edge. I just went ahead and took the $5 hit because I really wanted n+ and didn't want to spend cash. Sucks BB didn't get it in.

[quote name='cheapskate01']great news for ps3 owners about PSN cards at blockbuster

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/pscard[/quote]

That is really good news. Sucks that I just spent the last of my BB credit. Maybe I should hold off on buying the new Warhawk booster pack (and the other 2) until I can flip some credit and buy a card at BB.

[quote name='cheapskate01']great news for ps3 owners about PSN cards at blockbuster

that's very good news. i've been waiting to get some online content, but didn't want to put out any of my own money. a manager at gamestop said they wouldn't be carrying them till some time next year.

Awesome news about the PSN cards. Hope they show up around here. There's always Meijer, but I'd really rather use easy-to-obtain GR credit instead.

I dumped most of my GR credit back to Gamestop yesterday. There's an abundance of Golden Compass / Iridium Runners / Spider Man FOF / PMD in my area, so it was pretty easy to take care of. Hope something comes up to get back to GR soon; I'm running low on Wii Points thanks to Ys and Strong Bad.

Does anyone know/think that Sonic Chronicles will be for sale at Blockbuster? I may trade in my second Fire Emblem, especially if it's held its trade value of 30 dollars.
EDIT: It has held its 30 dollar value. I asked about Sonic Chronicles, but she said it did not appear in her system. She said to check later.

Today I only got 20 each for the Pokemon Games at GS. Is this because I kept the cases and just gave them the little cartridges only? (I think the employee might have made a mistake)

Also, I know this is rare, but I bought Mario Kart Double Dash at BBV for 14.99 and traded it into GS for 16.80 (after EDGE and BONUS).

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Today I only got 20 each for the Pokemon Games at GS. Is this because I kept the cases and just gave them the little cartridges only? (I think the employee might have made a mistake)

Also, I know this is rare, but I bought Mario Kart Double Dash at BBV for 14.99 and traded it into GS for 16.80 (after EDGE and BONUS).[/quote]

Thats all Pokemon Dungeon trades in for ($20) but if you trade it in with four more games and take advantage of the promotion (you will receieve $28 after the 40% bump)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']damn I gotta sell those cards as well, Berserker, do you think I can get $20+shipping if I sell those 3 at once. I just want some quick cash off ebay. Since they were throw ins at GS I dont feel like putting up and auction, just buyitnow. Then maybe $10 for all the rest in a seperate buyitnow, or all at once. I just want these gone before they are worthless.
I hope pokemon holds at GS, since I saw in my email this week its $34.99 at GS.[/quote]
I need to go buy some card holders at a comic shop so when I ship them (or at least attempt to sell them on ebay) they don't show up mangled to hell. I mean I guess I could just put them in a plastic card carrier and mail it in an envelope.

Went to GS picked up EOJ. They didnt have the camera, mat, or cards so I asked if there was a discount. CSR said sure, 10%. So with the 25% coupon and edge and extra 10% it came out to ~$18 in credit. Went ahead and traded at GR for 33. Would have been better to get the camera and cards to sell also, but not too shabby and a easy transaction is good enough for me.

Also at another GS went with
HC BotP, Blacksite A51, and WSOP 08 for ~$49. ==> $79 at GR. Nice way to move some credit. Now to wait until the 80GB MGS4 Bundle to come back in stock (or the new 80GB at $399) to spend all that credit on.

Put $25 down on :ps3: Lego Batman at GR for an entry into Wii sweepstakes. Talked to CSR and only about 50 entries so far. He mentioned that they were estimating over 200 by now. I think its hard for normal people (read as non-flippers) to pony up $25 at BB/GR considering their prices on DVDs/Bluerays/etc arent the best.

I broke down and bought my first $34.99 Blu-ray, Nightmare Before Christmas. I think it was a good choice. They also had the regular dvd version for $26.99

Its really weird, it seems that the Wii bundles get more expensive the closer to the ghetto the stores get. I'd think it would have been the other way around. One store had a bundle of the system ($249.99), controller & nunchuck ($59.98), and two $49.99 games ($99.98) for the ultra low price of $410 (5 cents more than if you bought the items separately).

Some advice for anyone with too much GS credit, find an old receipt with your edge # on it. They can give you your edge discount and put the credit on a new card. I was tired of hearing "holy crap" everytime they put more credit on my edge card (which is currently around $550). My backup card is already up to $200.

[quote name='Bezerker']I broke down and bought my first $34.99 Blu-ray, Nightmare Before Christmas. I think it was a good choice. They also had the regular dvd version for $26.99

Its really weird, it seems that the Wii bundles get more expensive the closer to the ghetto the stores get. I'd think it would have been the other way around. One store had a bundle of the system ($249.99), controller & nunchuck ($59.98), and two $49.99 games ($99.98) for the ultra low price of $410 (5 cents more than if you bought the items separetly).[/quote]

That "bundle" sounds like they're just gonna ring up all the items sepereately.

Hey I am using a macbook. I have a ethernet port in the wall that I am connecting my xbox 360 to. We have Cisco Clean Access Agent running our dorms, and IDK how that affects it. I get an error reading MTU FAILED. This is becoming a real bitch to set it up. I emailed IT and they said they cannot assist in setting video game consoles up, which is complete shit c/ it deals with my internet device. I just want to know how I can get by this because I would like to eventually get back on Live before I get back to my house in 8 months!

Sounds good, that way I might actually buy something from the PSN. I want to play Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, but I'd much rather have it on disc.

Was able to grab 3 more PMDs today. I guess I'm done moving credit back to GS, for now. A GS manager told me that a different trade-in promo starts on Monday: Trade 3 :wii:, :ps3:, or :360: games and get $15 bonus credit. Hopefully there'll be a sale at BB this weekend...

[quote name='Bezerker']
Some advice for anyone with too much GS credit, find an old receipt with your edge # on it. They can give you your edge discount and put the credit on a new card. I was tired of hearing "holy crap" everytime they put more credit on my edge card (which is currently around $550). My backup card is already up to $200.[/quote]

Or just ask for the credit on a blank Edge card - I do it all the time. They can still scan your original for the discount and apply the credit to another. I haven't used my original card for credit storage in a few months.

-------------------------------

Well, I had quite the run tonight - very hectic and last minutey. I'll write up more in a bit (first have to play my nightly game of FF Chocobo's Dungeon with my son).

But I had a very strange trade-in experience at GS.
Ponder this while I play ;).

[quote name='io']Or just ask for the credit on a blank Edge card - I do it all the time. They can still scan your original for the discount and apply the credit to another. I haven't used my original card for credit storage in a few months.

-------------------------------

Well, I had quite the run tonight - very hectic and last minutey. I'll write up more in a bit (first have to play my nightly game of FF Chocobo's Dungeon with my son).

But I had a very strange trade-in experience at GS.
Ponder this while I play ;).[/QUOTE]

Did you spend real money on those 2 Pokemons?

[quote name='bornrunnin31']You found an extra 50% TIV coupon IO? Did it happen to be readily available in store and perhaps be available at other stores around the country?[/quote]
I got a 50% bonus coupon this week at my GS. It's good until 8/31.

I was going to post it but I thought it wasn't allowed for some reason or really YMMV. I can't remember, but I'll scan it if you want.

MTU settings pretty much have to be dealt with server side... The one thing you can try doing is running a bridge from your macbook > 360, but this takes a fair bit of knowhow.

You're better off bringing a case of doughnuts to the IT guys and seeing if someone will be nice and change it for you.

[quote name='unforeseen']Did you spend real money on those 2 Pokemons?[/QUOTE]

Would I get more for them at GS that way? ;). No, these were from Blockbuster as were all those games.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']You found an extra 50% TIV coupon IO? Did it happen to be readily available in store and perhaps be available at other stores around the country?[/QUOTE]

Actually, no! I was hoping someone here would figure it out as I'm stumped. As usual, to check for refurb fees before they total it, I asked what I was getting for each game. When he said $32 for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games I did one of these :shock: in my head. I have no idea why I got the extra 20% there. I was hoping that it was a mistake in the system so I hightailed it to another GS but just got the expected price there. As far as I know he did nothing special just scanned the games and my Edge card as normal. However, the bonus promo number is different than on my other receipts. If anyone has done a 50% coupon trade I'd like to see if they had the same number. If so, maybe the guy just entered it for me without letting me know. I'm very tempted to try another set at this store but that may be pushing it. Funny thing is the other guy was tagging my trade-ins later as my son was playing SSBB and he thought it was funny I got more in trade than they sell them for ($29.99).

So, anyway, here's my recap. I decided I wanted to trade 2 sets of Mystery Dungeons in tonight, so about 6:15 pm I headed out with one of my boys. I started the day with 3 total copies of those games and 4 other flippables from BB. As a backup I brought some Jampacks and other old PS2 games along just in case.

1) We picked up the Tales of Vesperia LE they were holding for me at Gamecrazy first (and kind of wished I had pricematched the Fry's ad for Mario Super Sluggers there for $42 but oh well).

2) Then on to Gamestop where I made that trade in the scan. So, this being my first stop I thought maybe something was up (maybe a new 50% promo starting now but unadvertized, I had no idea). I decided that I would try to get TWO more MD trades done that night at 2 more stores to check it out. I also pick up a WSOP to trade to the next BB.

3) Next stop was a Blockbuster 8-10 miles away that I thought might have some good flippables. After trading the WSOP, I picked up an Iridium Runners and a Metal Slug Anthology for Wii (thanks to whoever posted that it was $9.99 as they had it tagged $16.99).

4) Grabbed a quick slice of pizza for dinner. After dinner it is 8pm and I still have to stop at another BB and 2 GS's. The other BB is 6 miles away and the 2 GS's another 4-5 miles from there. I'm starting to think I can't get it done.

5) Made what I thought would be a quick run into another BB I haven't been to in a while. They have 2 copies of Iridium Runners but not much else. I grab 2 more MD's (so I now have 2 sets to trade) along with 1 IR. I get really frustrated by the single inept BB clerk who screws up the two transactions in front of me requiring help from the other guy who up to this point has been ignoring the line and just restocking DVDs.

6) It is now close to 8:30. I high-tail it over to GS and run in (son in tow). Unfortunately I had saved my Professor Layton for this store and was somewhat disappointed only to get the standard 30% + Edge here. We get out as quick as possible.

7) Now it is 8:50 and the other GS is in a Mall across the street. We park near Sears and run through. Keep in mind I have had ZERO time to clean off the BB stickers and open the last 2 Mystery Dungeon games. So I'm trying to do all that as I walk through Sears (just the stickers there) and part of the Mall (this is where I open the sealed games). I ask for a price check on Metal Slug Anthology and it is only going to be $9.80 after bonus (also just the standard 30% + Edge here). I decide to go for it, but in retrospect I kind of wish I had kept it as it was actually near mint. I could have subbed in a Jampack or the Mojo I brought in as backup. As it was, I already had to supplement the 2 MD games and an IR with a Jampack, though, so I figured if I went through all that trouble I might as well convert more BB credit. Hilarious side note: I got all of 14 cents with bonus for the Jampack :lol:. I also quickly buy a History Channel BftP. They are now past closing. Sears has shut off our exit from the Mall so we have to go the long way to get out ;).

So, I traded 3 sets of PMD, and didn't really have the time to get too much to trade back to BB. All told, after factoring in the already completed WSOP reverse trade and the anticipated BB credit from HC:BftP, I converted $171 of BB credit into $227 at GS. Oh, and also got myself 2 more Wii contest entries at 2 stores I hadn't entered yet (making it 5 stores where I've entered).

It sounds like quite a lot of work for not too much gain, but really I did all this in 2 1/2 hours or so and that included eating dinner and an unrelated Gamecrazy stop. I had wanted to go to Best Buy to look for penny guides but I had to drop that part of the trip.

[quote name='Link927']A long read, but very lucky indeed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean all told it only amounted to $11.80 more than I would have gotten with the normal promo, but it was a nice surprise and that made it worth all the rushing around I did tonight.

I'm wondering if this store is just running a 50% promo like we've heard of some stores doing in the past (I mean without even requiring a coupon). But they had nothing up advertizing that - just the standard 10%/20%/30% signs. Maybe it's a special Labor Day weekend thing there. I dunno, but I'd like to ;).

Some kid came in and traded a sack full of old PS2 games after me. I wish I could have seen what bonus he got.

Good luck with it. The only thing I can recommend is bridging from your Macbook. Sometimes when you're just stealing Internet it will work. It depends on how technical your school is about things. The other real problem is the fact that many times there is a lot of lag in dorm Internet because you are physically too far away from the sever, plus the sheer amount of traffic that a campus, or for that matter a dorm has already. If you don't have a T1 specifically for your building you will experience lag in my experience.

[quote name='whymustiregister']A GS manager told me that a different trade-in promo starts on Monday: Trade 3 :wii:, :ps3:, or :360: games and get $15 bonus credit. Hopefully there'll be a sale at BB this weekend...[/quote]

Wow, If there is a sale at BBV, that's pretty much the same deal they had going on during the perfect storm (extra $5 on games). Without a sale though there will probably be only a few select titles that would turn a profit. A lot would probably break even though which is always good as well.

I hope that will be the next GS deal. My store has stocked up on tons of the even breaking titles. Maybe we'll get lucky with another B1G1 for labor day.

You'd have to figure that they'd start advertising the sale today right? My thinkng is: tomorrow kicks off the weekend but a lot of people will probably stop in the store tonight so you'd want to start advertising slightly before the sale.

I hope this is true. I haven't been scoping out the area Blockbusters for stock of 360 games, though. I'm not certain they've fully replenished after I decimated them last time. I wish there was a good way of finding out early about this trade-in deal. If we get a B1G1, a $15 trade in bonus, and an excellent GS coupon, we have all the cogs in place for a helluva flip week.

I have been playing on Xbox Live for awhile, with a strict connection. I knew for a few months already that my router needed to be upgraded to the newest firmware version to have an open connection on Xbox Live. However, I have been told that after upgrading to the newest firmware version, that all the settings on the router would be reset.

I don't want to mess anything up because if I mess something up as I'd probably be without internet for a few days (oh no), but if I wrote all the settings down, etc.. before I upgraded the router to the newest firmware, then after, I re-entered all the same settings, would it work? Is it that easy?

Advice appreciated, Thanks.

- Chrono

Mine has the same problem; it means some ports are blocked that XBL needs. My IT said to wait a week or so, and mine should be up and running. It is possible that that might be your issue too. It sounds like they aren't very nice, though. Hopefully you can get something figured out.

bread's done
Back