The Gobbledy G00ker Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TNA Final Resolution was okayish. The only thing really worthwhile was....
the ending to AJ vs Daniels in which Daniels won with the Styles Clash. Match itself was very good but that ending was pretty nice.

[quote name='KaneRobot']"You did such a great job shoving your ass in that kid's face, we're gonna let you be FAKE KANE!"[/QUOTE]

"You know what, kid. We were so impressed with your performance as Impostor Kane, we're giving you a new gimmick. Your name will be Festus! You're going to be HUGE in this industry."

[quote name='Tsel']"You know what, kid. We were so impressed with your performance as Impostor Kane, we're giving you a new gimmick. Your name will be Festus! You're going to be HUGE in this industry."[/QUOTE]
"Tell ya what kid. You were awesome as Fake Kane and Festus, so we have this great opportunity for you. You are going to love this one! It's called, Best of luck on your future endeavors."

Googled "Wrestler Tattoos" and this popped up. Spoiler tags due to size.

IMG_2465.JPG

Looks more like Cody Rhodes than Randy Orton.

And I think some of you have shirts from BarberShopWindow, right? How do they fit? American Apparel or something like Gildan?

That had to be the longest Albertoooooooooooo yet.

I just started watching WWE again after a 10 year break. How long have they been putting commercials into the middle of matches?

[quote name='mtxbass1']That had to be the longest Albertoooooooooooo yet.

I just started watching WWE again after a 10 year break. How long have they been putting commercials into the middle of matches?[/QUOTE]

Since before you quit watching.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']If that's supposed to be Orton, I don't think I've ever seen him wear elbow pads. Seriously, I don't think he ever has in any of his matches.[/QUOTE]

Orton used to wear elbow pads all the time, during his first WHC run. Never white ones, but he still wore them.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Since before you quit watching.[/QUOTE]

Heh. I must have never paid that much attention then. It just seems really strange to me. Do the guys know when they're on commercial so you don't get a pin when away?

Wow - so WWE axed Punk/Ryback late last week and changed it to DB/Kane/Ryback vs. The Shield.

It's currently the main event (Cena/Big Show) and DB, Kane, Ryback and The Shield have not appeared live at all on tonight's show

Spoke too soon.

Who the fuck picks Mr. McMahon's suits that he wears on air? Morris Day?

EDIT: So CM Punk without his gear on reveals a Fred Perry tattoo and an Operation Ivy tattoo. Does he have *any* work that isn't a brand name? Jeeeeesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']Who the fuck picks Mr. McMahon's suits that he wears on air? Morris Day?

EDIT: So CM Punk without his gear on reveals a Fred Perry tattoo and an Operation Ivy tattoo. Does he have *any* work that isn't a brand name? Jeeeeesus.[/QUOTE]
The four Aces comes to mind, but he's got all sorts of copyrighted stuff that makes his action figures look like crap.

I had a work thing out in Pittsburgh, but my buddy was really pushing to go to this last Friday: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/286005

I'm not sure what horrifies me more... the fact that Shane Douglas and Tommy Dreamer are, uh, 'main eventing' a show in 2012 or how much Bret Hart charges to sign shit.

I feel like missing the show wasn't really the worst decision I ever made.

[quote name='mykevermin']Who the fuck picks Mr. McMahon's suits that he wears on air? Morris Day?

EDIT: So CM Punk without his gear on reveals a Fred Perry tattoo and an Operation Ivy tattoo. Does he have *any* work that isn't a brand name? Jeeeeesus.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to see his GoldenPalace.com tattoo .. although at this point, I don't think I want to see where that one is.

GI Joe
Pepsi
Minor Threat
Fred Perry
Op Ivy
Rosie the Riveter
That GI Joe ninja clan (Arishikage? bonus to me if I spell it right)
...anything else? Christ, the guy is tattooed like a NASCAR driver dresses for a race.

Bouncing Souls heart/crossbones logo
Rocket From The Crypt logo
Candido's "No Gimmicks Needed"
Creature From The Black Lagoon

Is the Rocket From the Crypt the red that's underneath his "No Gimmicks Needed" piece? I always mistook that for (here's too much GI Joe knowledge again) the Iron Grenadiers logo.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to put the Candido piece in the same category as the others, to be honest.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Have you seen her lately? Her mugshots aren't pretty.[/QUOTE]

Clarification: In her prime.

If I remember correctly, Francine still looks great. I guess she got out clean.

I'll admit I didn't appreciate Candido in his prime as much as I should have, watching his matches in hindsight.

I don't feel that way, at all, about Al Snow though.

Looking at his ECW and WCW runs, it's really disappointing that Candido was wasted as a foil to Jewish A/V Nerd Barry Horowitz rather that given a serious run in at least the IC title scene.

[quote name='007']I had a work thing out in Pittsburgh, but my buddy was really pushing to go to this last Friday: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/286005

I'm not sure what horrifies me more... the fact that Shane Douglas and Tommy Dreamer are, uh, 'main eventing' a show in 2012 or how much Bret Hart charges to sign shit.

I feel like missing the show wasn't really the worst decision I ever made.[/QUOTE]

Bret's signing rate actually seems pretty reasonable when you realize the Bella Twins charge the same thing for a photo/autograph.

[quote name='mykevermin'](and twice as much for a handy.)[/QUOTE]

I thought that was what Virgil does for 10 bucks....

[quote name='diddy310']Bret's signing rate actually seems pretty reasonable when you realize the Bella Twins charge the same thing for a photo/autograph.[/QUOTE]

30 bucks isnt bad

[quote name='Scorch']Wow - so WWE axed Punk/Ryback late last week and changed it to DB/Kane/Ryback vs. The Shield.

It's currently the main event (Cena/Big Show) and DB, Kane, Ryback and The Shield have not appeared live at all on tonight's show

Spoke too soon.[/QUOTE]

anyone know what the hell king and cole was screaming LOOK OUT LOOK OUT for when they went off the air last night they acted like the entire arena was coming crashing down

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know what the hell king and cole was screaming LOOK OUT LOOK OUT for when they went off the air last night they acted like the entire arena was coming crashing down[/QUOTE]

Falling ratings perhaps?

Man been out of the loop and didn't realize Cesaro had a new theme. Kicks the crap out of Engerlund and I like it more than Invader. Doesn't hurt that the hook is Dean Malenko's Ice Man theme.

Remember how there was talk of bringing back past talent to help bolster the mid-card?

Two names surfaced as being rumored:
MVP and Shelton Benjamin

[quote name='HeroToTheMasses']Ambrose looks like he got shot.

20121210_LARGE_raw_main_R.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That looks like Giant Ryback is rising up from behind the stage and throwing ladders towards the ring.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'll admit I didn't appreciate Candido in his prime as much as I should have, watching his matches in hindsight.

I don't feel that way, at all, about Al Snow though.[/QUOTE]

For a Halloween, I was Al Snow. I think I have that Polaroid somewhere. Needless to say, I have a little bias towards Al Snow.

[quote name='JJSP']Remember how there was talk of bringing back past talent to help bolster the mid-card?

Two names surfaced as being rumored:
MVP and Shelton Benjamin
.[/QUOTE]

Heavyweight title for the first or he's better off in Japan. Same for the second. Makes me angry to think of how WWE chose to not fulfill their potential. First dude could have been a megastar.

[quote name='ced']They just have to look at Matt Bloom to have a strong argument against returning.[/QUOTE]

Bloom was always going to be DOA, though. Even beyond the 'hey, it's Albert!' stuff, he still had an awful new gimmick and a terrible look. It's fucked up, yeah, but I can't take the guy seriously. He looks like Humpty Dumpty to me. Weirdly, the body hair actually somehow made it better.

The two others, I assume, would come in likely similar to their original gimmicks and wouldn't be saddled with any embarrassing (again, it's Albert!) baggage.

That said, it still may be a 'personal happiness' mistake to come back, but they have way more upside and potential in a return than Bloom ever did.

[quote name='ced']Man been out of the loop and didn't realize Cesaro had a new theme. Kicks the crap out of Engerlund and I like it more than Invader. Doesn't hurt that the hook is Dean Malenko's Ice Man theme.[/QUOTE]

It's more like Malenko's "tiny 007" WWF theme.

[quote name='Chase']For a Halloween, I was Al Snow. I think I have that Polaroid somewhere. Needless to say, I have a little bias towards Al Snow.[/QUOTE]

Glad to know I wasn't the only one. I think I was him when I was in 6th or 7th grade, early 2000's, after the Head Cheese era*. Good times.

*Thanks Wiki!

It would be smart if they brought back the two rumored return wrestlers with Shield, and instead of having a gimmick their angle would basically be them being pissed off about how misused they were.

[quote name='Spyder187']I thought that was what Virgil does for 10 bucks....[/QUOTE]

Best there is, best there was, best there ever will be.

This TLC main event match makes ZERO sense to me.

Kane, DB and Ryback against The Shield? They have had Ryback eating hometown talent (and company jobbers) for months. Teaming him with Kane and DB makes his character look weak. (FYI I HATE RYBACK but just saying)

If The Shield doesn't win this then they will lose all credibility as a threat to anyone. Here's hoping WWE doesn't pull a Nexus 2.0

Cesaro is my new favorite wrestler. They are doing everything right with this guy, which amazes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back