The Hurricycle Memorial New Japan Pro Wrestling Thread Does Its Talking In The Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RedvsBlue']
One, you're right about putting the belt on your "top guy." Whether we like it or not, Orton has been picked as the "top guy" for Smackdown. The problem though is that putting the belt on your top guy has to have some kind of buildup. Having him win it on his first fucking night after being drafted to the new show is just silly. I get why they would want to eventually put the belt on Orton but the way they did it was just cheap. Yeah it might push the whole "anything can happen any night" idea but it backfired, which brings me to my second point; it backfired.

They just crowned a new champion which hit the internet 4 days before it was aired. If Orton really was the guy who sold their tickets and brought in the money that should have been one of the highest watched Smackdown episodes. Instead, its likely that everyone found out and said "fuck it" to Smackdown. This "mysterious" backlash should be enough to show them that Orton isn't enough of a draw to be their "top guy" but it won't be.[/QUOTE]

You bring up a good point in that the WWE is now subscribing to Monday Nitro era Eric Bishoff's philosophy of "anything can happen". You should never change the title on a match that was unadvertised. You use tv ratings as an example of Orton's inability to draw. However, most of the people who watch wrestling shows do not read spoilers and listen to pro wrestling podcasts. You have to remember that the people on this board are probably in the minority when it comes to wrestling fans. Had the WWE advertised the title match a week in advance and the ratings did not pop , then we could say Orton isn't a big draw.

Every time Del Rio speaks, I half expect him to go "everybody listen, ha ha! ...TO ME!"

I bet Cena comes out and somehow ends up number one contender to himself.

So, when a heel loses the belt, they stop wearing suits?

[quote name='Survivalism']Every time Del Rio speaks, I half expect him to go "everybody listen, ha ha! ...TO ME!"[/QUOTE]

Damn, I miss that guy... "Esperate, esperate!!!"

[quote name='lombarvm']You bring up a good point in that the WWE is now subscribing to Monday Nitro era Eric Bishoff's philosophy of "anything can happen". You should never change the title on a match that was unadvertised. You use tv ratings as an example of Orton's inability to draw. However, most of the people who watch wrestling shows do not read spoilers and listen to pro wrestling podcasts. You have to remember that the people on this board are probably in the minority when it comes to wrestling fans. Had the WWE advertised the title match a week in advance and the ratings did not pop , then we could say Orton isn't a big draw.[/QUOTE]

You could be right, I am interested to see what this week's ratings will be like which would shed some light on which one of our theories is the correct one.

fuck the draft, A-Ri is just gonna stay on Raw.

3 best mic guys on Raw currently (Miz, Truth, and Del Rio) cutting a promo together. I like the start of this.

[quote name='Survivalism']R-Truth's new theme song leaves much to be desired.[/QUOTE]

He should really just say fuck it and sing his what's up anyway.

[quote name='lombarvm']Wow...Did I just hear "pompous Mexican fence jumper"?[/QUOTE]
Ya gotta love heels, they get to say just about whatever the fuck they want.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Rey Mysterio should NOT cut promos...[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why Miz had to promptly interrupt him.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Oh shit! Miz called them those dudes that wait outside of Home Depot![/QUOTE]

Seriously, what's the Mexican equivalent of the Anti-Defamation League? I guarantee you we might not know tonight but we will tomorrow morning when they complain about tonight's Raw.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Seriously, what's the Mexican equivalent of the Anti-Defamation League? I guarantee you we might not know tonight but we will tomorrow morning when they complain about tonight's Raw.[/QUOTE]

They're going to get 84 letters in one envelope.

I think this is the first time I've never changed the channel during a diva's match. For reasons soon to be apparent.

OK, so the referee is Nunzio.

We want Kharma *clap clap clapclapclap!*

Gotta love how they stand there even though they hear the music, and she takes a good long time to get to the ring.

I like Kharma but I think her entrance would be better if she jumped from the floor over the top rope to enter the ring.

What a fucking brilliant cut, director.

Check out the guy in the Cena shirt blatantly staring down Kelly Kelly's ass.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Am I the only one concerned that Kharma's finisher is going to paralyze someone?[/QUOTE]

If we're lucky, Melina.

So, how long before Mason Ryan become a face?

[quote name='integralsmatic']dunno but i feel like he is going to be the new Dave Batista.[/QUOTE]

So he's going to fuck Melina and have no talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back