The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

Does anyone have an average price on The Guy Game (XB)? I know it's been banned and it's pretty rare, but I can't find anything searching completed listings on eBay. I picked it up complete as part of the B1G1 used sale at Blockbuster.

Here's one: Freespace 2 PC sealed. US version, full retail box, first print. Any ideas? I downloaded it a long time ago, but found one at a flea market one day for $5. Figured I would pick it up as it still has somewhat of a following, but never opened it up. Too bad space flight sims, especially on the PC, died a long time ago.

[quote name='JJSP']Does anyone have an average price on The Guy Game (XB)? I know it's been banned and it's pretty rare, but I can't find anything searching completed listings on eBay. I picked it up complete as part of the B1G1 used sale at Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]
It goes for about $30.

http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/game/xbox/the-guy-game

I picked up my copy from Blockbuster about a year ago for $7 IIRC.

[quote name='Skylander7']Here's one: Freespace 2 PC sealed. US version, full retail box, first print. Any ideas? I downloaded it a long time ago, but found one at a flea market one day for $5. Figured I would pick it up as it still has somewhat of a following, but never opened it up. Too bad space flight sims, especially on the PC, died a long time ago.[/QUOTE]
The big box original release and the Interplay 20th Anniversary re-release both command a premium of about $50 complete. You might be able to get $100 out of a sealed copy. It's considered one of the last great space sims.

[quote name='Skylander7']Here's one: Freespace 2 PC sealed. US version, full retail box, first print. Any ideas? I downloaded it a long time ago, but found one at a flea market one day for $5. Figured I would pick it up as it still has somewhat of a following, but never opened it up. Too bad space flight sims, especially on the PC, died a long time ago.[/QUOTE]
The big box original release and the Interplay 20th Anniversary re-release both command a premium of about $50 complete. You might be able to get $100 out of a sealed copy.

What's the deal with Shadowhearts: Covenant (for new copies)? Less than 3 months ago, I saw it everywhere (ebay, amazon, etc) for 25-30$ new. Now with shipping, it seems to be 50+ at most places. Argh.

Grandia 3 also seems to have gone up in price from the MSRP slightly, but it's a fairly medicore game by all accounts so I'm a bit surprised. I love the original grandia and II was pretty fun, as well. I was hoping it would bottom out and fall to around 20$ ala Rogue Galaxy, but it seems to have gone the other direction.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Is Final Fantasy VI Advance rare? Seems like complete copies are going over MSRP on teh eBayz... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

That's very... odd. I saw copies at TRU and CC recently (yesterday @ CC, in fact) so it can't be that rare- it might be a fluke there are other new copies listed that aren't selling at all. The other two seem to be fairly low still.

[quote name='drtomoe123']What about Vanguard Bandits? I found one at a local pawn shop for $4, but it looks like it was missing one of the discs. :/[/QUOTE]

Not sure what its value is, but that other disc was simply the Lunar 2: Eternal Blue complete demo. VB was a single disc game otherwise.

[quote name='drtomoe123']What about Vanguard Bandits? I found one at a local pawn shop for $4, but it looks like it was missing one of the discs. :/[/QUOTE]

You should've picked it up. I believe it goes for around $30-50. Might be closer to 30 if it's missing a disk , even if it's just a demo , since it wouldn't be complete.

Hm, I have this sealed copy of Kizuna Encounter for Neo Geo I found at the flea market for a buck. Anyone wanna take it off my hands for $25? I heard it's pretty rare.

[quote name='StarKnightX']You should've picked it up. I believe it goes for around $30-50. Might be closer to 30 if it's missing a disk , even if it's just a demo , since it wouldn't be complete.[/quote]

Thanks! I went back earlier and picked it up...PS1 games in shiny cases tempt me too much, but I'm happy to hear it's worth something!

[quote name='drtomoe123']Thanks! I went back earlier and picked it up...PS1 games in shiny cases tempt me too much, but I'm happy to hear it's worth something![/QUOTE]

I love working designs games , wish I could've gotten it for $4.;)

Hey, is Sonic Heroes / Super Monkey Ball Deluxe for the Xbox rare? I haven't come across any physical copies, but I just noticed the prices for it on Amazon and eBay. Seriously, who is going to pay $100 for those two games?

Are the complete Fallout 1 and 2 big boxes rare or the Fallout 2 strategy guide.

What about the Lucas Arts Archives Volumes 1 and 2 and Sam n Max cd version complete big box?

[quote name='darkcecil32']What's the deal with Shadowhearts: Covenant (for new copies)? Less than 3 months ago, I saw it everywhere (ebay, amazon, etc) for 25-30$ new. Now with shipping, it seems to be 50+ at most places. Argh.

Grandia 3 also seems to have gone up in price from the MSRP slightly, but it's a fairly medicore game by all accounts so I'm a bit surprised. I love the original grandia and II was pretty fun, as well. I was hoping it would bottom out and fall to around 20$ ala Rogue Galaxy, but it seems to have gone the other direction.[/quote]

It seems like Grandia 3 is still pretty cheap when I have looked. Around $23-24. Shadow Hearts Covenant looks to be about the same too.

[quote name='Krohboy']How about Advance Wars: Duel Strike on the DS?[/quote]

Advance Wars Duel Strike is a very interesting one. For a while it was selling for $40+ all the time and even more if complete. But every month since December the price has gone down. It is now about $21 but has a very interesting price history.

On a side note. Here is a feature that you guys might find interesting. The article gives directions so you can find the video game prices with one step on VideoGamePriceCharts using Firefox (a commenter said it works on IE7 too). I use it myself now all the time and it is really handy for those quick one game price look ups.

[quote name='technolover']Hmmm...i was wondering...would a brand new NES system...and a brand new sealed super mario bros. game be considered rare?[/quote]
yeah, definitely. the sealed system would probably get you around $300 to $500. the sad part about the NES when it came out is that they never really had an official seal for the box. its like the Wii. but to determine their authenticity that it is brand new and sealed, the twisty ties should still be intact for the cables and such. at least thats what i noticed. the top loading NES should fetch you alot more than the original one, its extremely rare to see that on ebay brand new. check out this Snes Killer Instinct Bundle sealed for $2,300+

as for the mario bros game sealed, yes as well it should sell at around $200-$300. but if its mario brothers i would rather keep it for about 10 more years. to me, a sealed copy of that game is iconic or symbolic and should be worth a few thousand rather than a few hundreds :). but thats just me..

[quote name='phear3d']yeah, definitely. the sealed system would probably get you around $300 to $500. the sad part about the NES when it came out is that they never really had an official seal for the box. its like the Wii. but to determine their authenticity that it is brand new and sealed, the twisty ties should still be intact for the cables and such. at least thats what i noticed. the top loading NES should fetch you alot more than the original one, its extremely rare to see that on ebay brand new. check out this Snes Killer Instinct Bundle sealed for $2,300+

as for the mario bros game sealed, yes as well it should sell at around $200-$300. but if its mario brothers i would rather keep it for about 10 more years. to me, a sealed copy of that game is iconic or symbolic and should be worth a few thousand rather than a few hundreds :). but thats just me..[/quote]

hmmmm very nice :D....i gotta think about it...or just keep it until i really need the money....

who makes up the prices for unopened stuff. about 3 years ago i found a sealed ff for nes and i bought it for 15 and sold it for 40. i made cash and i could care less if it was opened or not. i am sure there are collectors of unopened stuff, but the snes is just a dumb person trying to say i got a unopened snes for 2500.

maybe i am just an odd ball

[quote name='phear3d']yeah, definitely. the sealed system would probably get you around $300 to $500. the sad part about the NES when it came out is that they never really had an official seal for the box. its like the Wii. but to determine their authenticity that it is brand new and sealed, the twisty ties should still be intact for the cables and such. at least thats what i noticed. the top loading NES should fetch you alot more than the original one, its extremely rare to see that on ebay brand new. check out this Snes Killer Instinct Bundle sealed for $2,300+

as for the mario bros game sealed, yes as well it should sell at around $200-$300. but if its mario brothers i would rather keep it for about 10 more years. to me, a sealed copy of that game is iconic or symbolic and should be worth a few thousand rather than a few hundreds :). but thats just me..[/quote]

That's funny. It was basically a bidding war between 2 people. I saw the same new system sell for ~$120 a few months ago. I wonder if he is the one who bought it... That seller also has a Dreamcast that is currently at $720.

If you are patient and careful you can get a new NES and SNES for $100-$200.

[quote name='darkcecil32']What's the deal with Shadowhearts: Covenant (for new copies)? Less than 3 months ago, I saw it everywhere (ebay, amazon, etc) for 25-30$ new. Now with shipping, it seems to be 50+ at most places. Argh.[/quote]

Same for Suikoden III and Zone of the Enders 2. For some reason prices have really gone up for some games...:whistle2:k

[quote name='freakyzeeky']General question here. Will complete Final Fantasy (insert number here) Advance games be valuable in the future?[/quote]

My crystal ball is broke, sorry..

in all seriousness, FFVI seems to be the hardest to find..

[quote name='freakyzeeky']General question here. Will complete Final Fantasy (insert number here) Advance games be valuable in the future?[/quote]
they never had a full release of the older final fantasy games for GBA since FFIII (THE final fantasy III) came out for the DS. i dont know what they were thinking. but right now FF6 is the most sought after, im guessing they printed it in low numbers since the DS was already out when that one came.

Pikmin 2 is going for $45+ used on eBay, do you guys think it's just a temporary fluctuation, or do you think it will continue to go up in value?

[quote name='Samus']Pikmin 2 is going for $45+ used on eBay, do you guys think it's just a temporary fluctuation, or do you think it will continue to go up in value?[/quote]
i think so. but its good to take advantage of it til it dies out.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Just sold TMNT ps2 for $65 new on amazon[/quote]thats crazy, they dont even sell for $20. good for you though!

[quote name='Pookymeister']Just sold TMNT ps2 for $65 new on amazon[/quote]

Wow. I may have to put my Gamecube copy up...

[quote name='phear3d']thats crazy, they dont even sell for $20. good for you though![/quote]

I assume he is talking about the first one which seems to be going for more.

[quote name='kell']
I assume he is talking about the first one which seems to be going for more.[/quote]

Yea its the first TMNT ps2 game. Had to take off the $5.96 CC sticker :)

[quote name='Samus']You think so to what?[/QUOTE]

He means it's temporary so sell now and buy back later. I'm glad that I picked up that used copy (~$30) a few weeks ago back when copies were still going for $35 on Ebay. Hopefully I can get it finished before the price dies down again.

Will the price of pikmin go up since pikmin 2 went up?

I bought a PC complete one for 15 bucks and was wondering if i should sell it now or wait.

Also, is there anything different about PC GC games other than the yellow thing on the box art. The manual and disc look the same to me.

Pikmin 2 is going for $45+ used on eBay, do you guys think it's just a temporary fluctuation, or do you think it will continue to go up in value?

[quote name='Samus']Pikmin 2 is going for $45+ used on eBay, do you guys think it's just a temporary fluctuation, or do you think it will continue to go up in value?[/quote]
i think so. but its good to take advantage of it til it dies out.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Just sold TMNT ps2 for $65 new on amazon[/quote]thats crazy, they dont even sell for $20. good for you though!

[quote name='Pookymeister']Just sold TMNT ps2 for $65 new on amazon[/quote]

Wow. I may have to put my Gamecube copy up...

[quote name='phear3d']thats crazy, they dont even sell for $20. good for you though![/quote]

I assume he is talking about the first one which seems to be going for more.

[quote name='kell']
I assume he is talking about the first one which seems to be going for more.[/quote]

Yea its the first TMNT ps2 game. Had to take off the $5.96 CC sticker :)

[quote name='Samus']You think so to what?[/QUOTE]

He means it's temporary so sell now and buy back later. I'm glad that I picked up that used copy (~$30) a few weeks ago back when copies were still going for $35 on Ebay. Hopefully I can get it finished before the price dies down again.

Will the price of pikmin go up since pikmin 2 went up?

I bought a PC complete one for 15 bucks and was wondering if i should sell it now or wait.

Also, is there anything different about PC GC games other than the yellow thing on the box art. The manual and disc look the same to me.

The only difference is that very occasionally they will fix a bug or two in the PC games, I'm pretty sure they did that with Metroid Prime, but other than that there is no generally noticeable difference.

[quote name='darkslime']Will the price of pikmin go up since pikmin 2 went up?

[/QUOTE]

I just sold one I had this week for $35. You'd make a profit now if you sold it...but what happens with it in the future? Who knows.

bread's done
Back