The Lance Cade Memorial Wrestling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what sucks.

You know, this might actually end up biting WWE in the ass. If it turns out Cade did overdose on something, then there's always the chance that the finger will be pointed at WWE for supposed apathy in sending him to rehab.

Damn. I guess he didn't get the help he needed, and it shows how much work WWE still needs to do in order to support the health of their workers.

HBK just tweeted about it.. since twitter is chronological, remember to read the last one first.

I ask that all of u wud lift his family up in prayer. 4 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

My prayers&thoughts have already been given2 his family & will continue. Goodbye Lance I Love You. 6 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

5min aft my morning tweet I got the call about Lance. No words will b good enuff. 1 of my boys is gone. 15 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

[quote name='Purple Flames']Anybody want me to turn this into a memorial topic?[/QUOTE]

definitely.. we can name the next one the Botchmania wrestling thread or something.

In other news,
World Wrestling Entertainment has suspended Taryn Terrell (a/k/a Tiffany) following an incident earlier this week at the San Jose, CA hotel performers were staying at.

Company sources claim the incident was a domestic issue between Terrell and husband Drew Galloway (a/k/a Drew McIntyre), which led to police being called to the scene. There are conflicting reports over whether Terrell was arrested by the San Jose PD.

Terrell, who was scheduled to wrestle at Sunday's SummerSlam pay-per-view, was sent home by management following the incident. WWE has not publicly acknowledged her suspension or any possible change to the event.

Quick thoughts:

1) Vince, offer free heart screening as part of your wellness program if not already offered!!!

2) Da hell is going on here??? She must have been throwing glass vases to be arrested by the police (allegedly)

3) STEROIDS ARE BAD

[quote name='strongpimphand']1) Vince, offer free heart screening as part of your wellness program if not already offered!!![/QUOTE]

Strange thing is, I thought they already did. Didn't they make a big deal out of finding somebody's heart condition (I want to say MVP) ahead of time?

Sad to hear that about Cade, especially at such a young age. He seemed very promising in his last stint with WWE during that angle with Jericho and HBK. Unfortunately though, the seizure incident on the airplane followed shortly after. RIP Lance Cade, far too soon for a promising superstar.

In lighter news, has anyone seen The Miz on Lopez yet? He actually did a pretty good job with his song.

[quote name='crr_1119']In lighter news, has anyone seen The Miz on Lopez yet? He actually did a pretty good job with his song.[/QUOTE]

I posted it yesterday. He was the best one this week.. but that's not saying much

[quote name='Sporadic']Strange thing is, I thought they already did. Didn't they make a big deal out of finding somebody's heart condition (I want to say MVP) ahead of time?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was MVP.

Cade was a promising talent, and it's always a shame when anyone dies that young. That fact that he has a daughter makes it even sadder.

That said, I don't think any amount of heart testing was going to mean anything... It seemed pretty clear that he had some kind of drug problems. Between the airplane incident and the brief run recently, there has to be a reason he wasn't employed anymore. It's a shame that no one could help him, but that's just the way it plays out sometimes.

There's more out on Cade's death from the new Observer Radio show. Lance was doing rehab, but stopped going, on Tuesday, his wife called for an ambulance, he left the hospital on Wed. very mad, saw his father at work on Thursday, and passed away Thursday night. His wife never saw him again after calling for an ambulance.

[quote name='Scorch']I posted it yesterday. He was the best one this week.. but that's not saying much[/QUOTE]
Please tell me you're not one of the folks anxiously waiting for Conan Unfunny to come back to TV and do the exact same thing to George Lopez that Jay wanted to do to Conan when he took back the Tonight Show.

I prefer GL over JL, DL and any of the other long time night talk show hacks.

As for Lance Cade, it's a shame. Another young talent that we'll never see the true potential of.:cry:

I think all of Lucha Libre USA's budget went to securing the Thomas and Mack Center, because the production values have taken an even bigger hit than usual.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I think all of Lucha Libre USA's budget went to securing the Thomas and Mack Center, because the production values have taken an even bigger hit than usual.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i noticed. There is like no lighting at all. Also, they still aren't getting a lot of butts in seats.

Its too bad. RJ Brewer could be the best heel this year.

It really is sad to hear about Cade dying. Especially always at 29. I always thought he looked like a jackass when Cade and Murdoch tagged, but thats when you know that a wrestler is doing their job good. If the guy kept clean he could of been utilized like a Hardcore Holly.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I *just* got home from my grandma's funeral, and I see this. Damn.[/QUOTE]

Condolences on a true loss.

We can now confirm our earlier report on WWE Diva Tiffany's arrest and subsequent suspension from World Wrestling Entertainment, following an incident with her real-life husband, WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre.

The incident included a loud argument between Tiffany and McIntyre after returning from a party in Los Angeles last Saturday. In their L.A. hotel (not San Jose hotel as our initial report stated) their argument got heated enough that hotel security and police were called to the scene.

In addition to her WWE suspension, which at this point would seem to suggest her participation on Sunday's SummerSlam show is no more, the regular Smackdown performer was also arrested and taken into custody last Saturday night.

WWE was not aware of the incident and arrest until Monday. Tiffany has since been suspended by the company, most likely until she is cleared of the charges, which her lawyers believe is going to happen.

Also apparently all shots of her in the Smackdown opening video have been replaced by McCool and MVP. Seems like she's on her way to the future endeavors list. If so though, I wonder how Drew will react if they patch things up.

Hopefully his win over Swagger tonight means he's in line for a small push. It is kind of disappointing though to see Swagger randomly lose to MVP after looking strong against Big Show and having a nice little feud with Mysterio.

And was that whole ninja thing EVER explained? :p

So Tiffany was suspended while McIntyre is good to go? What a shock. That police report could be interesting, depending on the details, seeing as how the punishment is so one-sided. Which one is she anyway, the one with the cheerleader outfit?

Indeed she is. I always liked her too. Thought she was one of the better divas not named Beth, Melina, Gail, Natalya or Mickie.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Please tell me you're not one of the folks anxiously waiting for Conan Unfunny to come back to TV and do the exact same thing to George Lopez that Jay wanted to do to Conan when he took back the Tonight Show.

I prefer GL over JL, DL and any of the other long time night talk show hacks.[/quote]

uhhh... what? I was talking about the WWE guys doing karaoke, where did this Lopez/Conan thing come from!?

It's very unfortunate to hear about the passing of Lance Cade. I never knew he tried to clean up himself and toss his sleeping pill/drug habit to the curb. I wish he won that battle. I wasn't a fan, but you could tell that he had a lot more potential to explore.

May he rest in peace.

Edit: And my condolences to your loss, Pitfall Harry. I too have experienced such things this year. I feel for you.

Seems like yesterday when I saw Cade teaming with Jericho against DX at the RAW show I was at. Sadly this was a few weeks before he got released from the WWE. Really bizarre. My condolences to his family.

[quote name='neocisco']Condolences on a true loss.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chase']And my condolences to your loss, Pitfall Harry. I too have experienced such things this year. I feel for you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Sorry for your loss, Harry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I really appreciate them. We were very close, so it's been rough.

This story did make me chuckle, though:

SmackDown’s JTG told TMZ on Friday that he was sold fake Lady Gaga concert tickets on Craigslist. JTG says that he purchased two $125 tickets to Gaga’s concert on Wednesday in Los Angeles but when he showed up to the Staples Center, they refused to accept his tickets because they were fake.

As someone who just lost his Grandpa at the end of July, I know what you've gone through and I send you and your family my best, harry.

-----

I never watched Raw during the time Lance Cade was on it(didn't have cable), but it's too bad he went so soon. Hits me in the gut when I think that he was only 5 years older than me. R.I.P.

Sorry about your grandma Harry. I'm really close to my two grandmothers too and I don't know what I'd do if something happened to them.

It really looked like he was trying to work w/ Joe in the start of that match, pulling punches and whatnot. But when he clotheslined him off the ropes you could tell it wasn't worked anymore.

The baseball bat shot was fucked up for real though.

I can picture them in the back and Gypsy Joe like "Son, you say you're hardcore...i'll teach YOU hardcore!!!"

Not knowing who the fuck New Jack was.

And he probably thought he'd be able to get stiff shots in on him and probably play to the crowd and embarrass New Jack up a bit. Had to be his mentality...because New Jack looks like a jobber and they're in backwoods TN.

The expressions on the crowd's faces = priceless

[quote name='Scorch']uhhh... what? I was talking about the WWE guys doing karaoke, where did this Lopez/Conan thing come from!?[/QUOTE]
:cry:I was running on fumes when I posted that, having been up for like 2-3 days straight. Sorry. But I also had just seen the announcement on TBS for Conan's show starting there soon.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back