The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='Soodmeg']He is not a rookie. This is his second year.

But the point is still valid. Rondo is a very good player and one of the biggest reason is the fact that he doesnt have a jump shot.....AND he knows it.

Rondo plays EXACTLY within his limits more than any other player I have ever seen. He cant it a jumper...but how many does he take a game? 4 maybe 5? As a second year player he is smart enough to know how to play to his own strengths...something not even 4 or 5 year player learn.

Rondo doesnt need to shot. He is most likely in the top 5 of the quickest NBA players...he uses his quickness to blow by people and make plays. Thus helping his team much more than the likes of Vlad Rad and Vulic. Those 2 still look completely lost in what their role is suppose to be. Other than hitting the open 3 they seem to just vanish through out the game. Rondo helps his team win..bottom line. You cant ask more than that from a 2nd year player.

---------------------------------------------------------------

And excuse me Ph33r I believe you were one of the people who made fun of me when I said, "The game will be less about superstars and more about role players" I said that before the finals even started.

Honestly, If the Lakers want to live and die by the 3 than let them. I still say that LA roles players are horrid. I have always said that and will always say that. Like I said before, Boston played lock down D on Kobe and Odem and Gasol...causing them to have to rely on their role players. And as soon as that happened the Lakers fell apart. Boston might be the only team that could play good enough defense to do it.

And guess what? Other than the fouls the lakers have a ton of other things they did wrong. They defended like pure crap. Any time you let a god damn PF run the entire length of the court for a dunk you are doing something wrong. Boston was hitting jumpshots all over the place. Which again falls on role players. Vulic cant play D, Vlad Rad cant play D, Walton cant play D the list goes on and on.

I agree with Dafoomie. LA stop making excuses for every time you lose. Your team simply didnt have it. You still are a team of 2 superstars and bunch of over overachievers.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I don't watch East basketball too much. Rondo is in his second year.

BTW, it was I that made fun of your proclaimation that bench players will be important. When it comes down to it, superstars have to step up. Occurrences where bench players score 3-4x their averages are not the norm. Leon Powe was out of his mind yesterday.

Apparently, the beloved Lakers' bench players are not up to the hype that everyone here in southern california labels them.
The local sports radio station continues to belittle the refs and calls game 2 a fix.

I am hoping the Celtics have gotten over their away game jitters and come out ready for game 3.

[quote name='dafoomie']The Lakers didn't get calls because they weren't aggressively attacking the hoop like the Celtics were, they're a jumpshooting team. They got a lot of calls against them because they were trying to play defense with their hands instead of moving their feet. Yes, add the homecourt advantage every team enjoys, and theres your foul differential. I expect the Lakers will get about 50 FT attempts in game 3.

The Lakers proved to be what I thought they were, very soft up front and very poor defensively. How in the world is Vladimir Radmanovic a starter in the NBA Finals?[/quote]

What makes you think the Lakers were not aggressively attacking the hoop? Stop making things up and face the facts:

Celtics:
45 perimeter shots
23 shots in the key
38 free throws

Lakers:
42 perimeter shots
41 shots in the key
10 free throws

Funny! the Celtics almost got four times as much free throws as the Lakers, but the Lakers attacked the paints almost twice as much.

Be my guest and go count the shots on the shot charts available on Yahoo! and ESPN.

The fix was in, stop lying to yourself.

[quote name='ph33r m3']If i'm the Lakers, I feel really good about this series right now.

A) No way the Celtics are going to win a game in Los Angeles due to the fact that the Lakers bench will play better and the Celtics won't shoot 4 times more free throws then the Lakers.

B) This series is going to be 3-2 Lakers lead going back to Boston.[/quote]

I hope the Lakers can tie this series up and show the Boston Celtics what they are made of..

I defintely agree with letter (A), The Celtics are going to play horrible on the road in Game 3. The Lakers bench is alot more comfortable at home then on the road, so I see a bigger contributing bench at home. Free throws will be alot greater in LA and I can see the Lakers shooting way more free throws than in Game 2.

As far as letter (B), it would be incredible to see the Lakers go back to Boston with a 3-2 lead. When Kobe takes over in Staples there will be no Boston defender to stop him!

[quote name='bardiya27']What makes you think the Lakers were not aggressively attacking the hoop? Stop making things up and face the facts:

Celtics:
45 perimeter shots
23 shots in the key
38 free throws

Lakers:
42 perimeter shots
41 shots in the key
10 free throws

Funny! the Celtics almost got four times as much free throws as the Lakers, but the Lakers attacked the paints almost twice as much.

Be my guest and go count the shots on the shot charts available on Yahoo! and ESPN.

The fix was in, stop lying to yourself.[/quote]

Hear hear! :D

[quote name='bardiya27']What makes you think the Lakers were not aggressively attacking the hoop? Stop making things up and face the facts:

Celtics:
45 perimeter shots
23 shots in the key
38 free throws

Lakers:
42 perimeter shots
41 shots in the key
10 free throws

The fix was in, stop lying to yourself.[/QUOTE]
You must not have watched the game. They ran some iso's and took some jumpers from the top of the key but they did not attack the hoop with anywhere near the aggressiveness of the Celtics, come on. What did your eyes tell you? When you're down by 24, you weren't screwed by the referees. You simply played like crap.

When the Lakers were in the bonus with more than half the 3rd quarter left, they kept taking jump shots. You expect free throws when you do that? Here, look at the play by play:
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=280608002

Even Phil Jackson, after bitching about the referees, admitted that it had more to do with his team not being aggressive enough in the paint. Don't worry, the Lakers will get the favorable calls they're accustomed to at home for game 3.

This is why they lost:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWy1gcJ9d_0

Celtics:
45 perimeter shots
23 shots in the key
38 free throws

Lakers:
42 perimeter shots
41 shots in the key
10 free throws

The fix was in, stop lying to yourself.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and the Lakers took 15 more shots than the Celtics. Celtics only outrebounded the Lakers by 1 and had 2 less turnovers.

How can a team be outrebounded and has less turnovers have 15 more shots than the other team?

[quote name='unforeseen']Yes, and the Lakers took 15 more shots than the Celtics. Celtics only outrebounded the Lakers by 1 and had 2 less turnovers.

How can a team be outrebounded and has less turnovers have 15 more shots than the other team?[/quote]

Another good point, 83 FGA for the Lakers, only 68 for the Celtics.

The Celtics saving grace was them constantly being bailed out by the refs, just like how Pierce got bailed out after the brick he threw up with 22 seconds left when the Lakers were attempting to finish their comeback.

And to answer dafoomie, The Celtics were up by 24, no denying that, but when the game is being called differently for each team that will happen easily. The Lakers were playing as aggressive as the Celtics on offense and defense, notice the hustle of Gasol and Lamar gave them an early 7 point lead (they each had a put back after an offensive rebound in the first quarter) and then the whistles started rolling.

Kobe got 2 quick phantom fouls, which was funny because his second foul was an offensive foul where he put a elbow on Allen, Allen had done the same thing on offense earlier but there Kobe got called for the blocking foul.

Paul Pierce got the benefit of touch fouls that put the Lakers in the penalty early. (Stop talking about jumpshots, because Pierce drew 4 fouls in the first quarter of jumpshots and reach in fouls)

And second, the Lakers were not taking just jumpshot, and I provided you with the facts, do you know what the paint or the key is? The majority of those shots in the paints were taken by Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol, Power Forward and Centers who are going to attempt a lay-up, dunk or hookshot when they are that close to the basket.

There was a sequence towards the end of the first half, where Gasol got the ball downlow and repeatedly got hacked by 3 Celtics player. He kept on grabbing his own rebound, and he had 3 attempts that were botched by the Celtics player's taking swipes at his arms. That was hilariously bad.

Another moment came when Gasol had a alley-hoop pass from Kobe, Gasol couldn't dunk it because KG was grabbing his right arm; right above his elbow, so Gasol layed it in. Both Van Gundy and Marc Jackson said it at the same time that Gasol got fouled there.

At the beginning of the second quarter, you had Farmar burn Cassell and drive for a lay-up, and Sam Cassell literally pulls his Farmar's jersey while he is in the air. Watching it on TV was funny, because it was as if gravity all of the sudden got stronger in the garden. And of course towards the end of the game, Pierce slightly got bumped on a shot where he initiated contact, but that of course were two free throws.

You had a sequence towards the 5 minute mark of the second quarter where Gasol gets the ball at the top of the key, and Rondo just bumped into him and grabbed the ball, that non call was so amazing because some other Celtics player on defense did not even start running the ensuing fastbreak because they thought Rondo was going to be called for a foul.

Ronny Turiaf had a clean block on PJ Brown's lay-up, oh and Turiaf happened to foul on a PJ Brown that was already on the ground. FOUL! TWO FREE THROWS! Even Van Gundy and Marc Jackson were pointing out how horrible the officiating was.

The last relevant play for the Lakers, the ugly play drawn up by Phil Jackson when they were down by four after Pierce's bailout free throws was the Vujacic 3 point attempt "blocked" by Pierce. Notice how they never showed a replay, well if you have TIVO look at how Pierce takes a swipes at Vujacic's hands. Of course they are not going to call a foul on that, they are not going to let free throws decide the game and make it a one point game with 10 seconds left.

Those are just a few that are fresh of my mind, and all the Celtics fans have in rebuttal: the Lakers take too many jumpshots! WRONG!

The only thing that really went in the Lakers favor was Radmanovic's travel that was ignored during the botched comeback attempt.

You would expect the Lakers to get the same homecourt advantage calls in Game 3, 4, and 5. Because Stern wants this to go to seven. But now that the 38 to 10 free throw disparity from Game 2 has became such a big deal, the league will look for a evenly called game in Game 3 just so that they can send a message to the media saying "See, nothing's wrong here, no conspiracy."

I can rattle off calls and non-calls that favored the Lakers... Countless over the back rebounds during the comeback, Radmanovic walking all the way from half court before a dunk, the terrible reach in foul that resulted in Leon Powe being put back on the bench, it changes nothing.

How is it the referee's fault when you let Leon Powe drive straight down the middle and dunk in front of two guys who just stood there? Powe was getting to the line because a defender would cheat toward Pierce, Powe would get good position and they'd foul him. They never made that adjustment, they just kept fouling him every time he did it, and those fouls aren't even debatable. They simply did not play sound defense. That dunk was a microcosm of the entire game.

There is a home court advantage when you're talking about calls, everyone remotely familiar with the NBA knows that, but the referees don't put you down 24. Look at what the Celtics did in their clinching game in Detroit, the Pistons were getting the calls. There was that infamous 4 point play Pierce should've had that was called an offensive foul, but he didn't bitch about it and get a T, he kept playing and overcame it.

The freethrow differential will probably be reversed tomorrow, the Lakers will get the home calls. Thats life in the NBA. But to say that the Lakers were anything other than soundly outplayed last night for 3 and a half quarters is ridiculous.

[quote name='unforeseen']Yes, and the Lakers took 15 more shots than the Celtics. Celtics only outrebounded the Lakers by 1 and had 2 less turnovers.

How can a team be outrebounded and has less turnovers have 15 more shots than the other team?[/quote]

Another good point, 83 FGA for the Lakers, only 68 for the Celtics.

The Celtics saving grace was them constantly being bailed out by the refs, just like how Pierce got bailed out after the brick he threw up with 22 seconds left when the Lakers were attempting to finish their comeback.

And to answer dafoomie, The Celtics were up by 24, no denying that, but when the game is being called differently for each team that will happen easily. The Lakers were playing as aggerssive as the Celtics on offense and defense, notice the hustle of Gasol and Lamar gave them an early 7 point lead (they each had a put back after an offensive rebound in the first quarter) and then the whistles started rolling.

Kobe got 2 quick phantom fouls, which was funny because his second foul was an offensive foul where he put a elbow on Allen, Allen had done the same thing on offense earlier but there Kobe got called for the blocking foul.

Paul Pierce got the benefit of touch fouls that put the Lakers in the penalty early. (Stop talking about jumpshots, because Pierce drew 4 fouls in the first quarter of jumpshots and reach in fouls)

And second, the Lakers were not taking just jumpshot, and I provided you with the facts, do you know what the paint or the key is? The majority of those shots in the paints were taken by Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol, Power Forward and Centers who are going to attempt a lay-up, dunk or hookshot when they are that close to the basket.

There was a sequence towards the end of the first half, where Gasol got the ball downlow and repeatadly got hacked by 3 Celtics player. He kept on grabbing his own rebound, and he had 3 attempts that were botched by the Celtics player's taking swipes at his arms. That was hilariously bad.

At the beginning of the second quarter, you had Farmar burn Cassell and drive for a lay-up, and Sam Cassell literally pulls his Farmar's jersey while he is in the air. Watching it on TV was funny, because it was as if gravity all of the sudden got stronger in the garden. And of course towards the end of the game, Pierce slightly got bumped on a shot where he initiated contact, but that of course were two free throws.

You had a sequence towards the 5 minute mark of the second quarter where Gasol gets the ball at the top of the key, and Rondo just bumped into him and grabbed the ball, that non call was so amazing because some other Celtics player on defense did not even start running the ensuing fastbreak because they thought Rondo was going to be called for a foul.

Ronny Turiaf had a clean block on PJ Brown's lay-up, oh and Turiaf happend to foul on a PJ Brown that was already on the ground. FOUL! TWO FREE THROWS! Even Van Gundy and Marc Jackson were pointing out how horrible the officiating was.

Those are just a few that are fresh of my mind, and all the Celtics fans have in rebuttal: the Lakers take too many jumpshots! WRONG!

The only thing that really went in the Lakers favor was Radmanovic's travel that was ignored during the botched comeback attempt.

You would expect the Lakers to get the same homecourt advantage calls in Game 3, 4, and 5. Because Stern wants this to go to seven. But now that the 38 to 10 free throw disparity from Game 2 has became such a big deal, the league will look for a evenly called game in Game 3 just so that they can send a message to the media saying "See, nothing's wrong here, no conspiracy."

HAHAHA, you are really going to complain about Leon Powe's foul troubles? Please.

And Pierce's "4 point play" at Detroit was not a 4 point play but an offensive foul, he stepped back and initiated contact, plus it was a travel.

Let's be honest, you can bitch all you want about free throws, the truth is, the Lakers aren't playing well. You can see that by watching the game. Kobe looks out of rhythm, and the rest of the team is just standing around looking at him. One particular play that I remembered from game one was when Garnett dunked while Gasol just stood there and watched him. That's not going to cut it in the playoffs.

It was a travel but it was NOT an offensive foul. Of course any Lakers fan will say it is after the non-call on Brent Barry's 3.

Anyway, this was brought to my attention on another board, I found it interesting. It was written by Lakers homer J.A. Adande.
Not even the extended makeup calls throughout the second half evened the balance in the Lakers' minds. There was an unnecessary foul on Allen, a questionable offensive foul on Rajon Rondo and Lamar Odom rode P.J. Brown out of bounds on a rebound attempt with no call.

Most blatant of all, Vladimir Radmanovic took so many steps, he looked like he was training for the Boston Marathon when he went in for the breakaway dunk that cut the Celtics' lead to four.

The Lakers had their breaks, too, and couldn't capitalize.

And when they needed a defensive stop that could give them one possession with a chance to tie or win at the end, they couldn't deliver. Paul Pierce got into the lane -- just as he had all night -- and drew a foul on Fisher with 22.8 seconds remaining and nine seconds left on the shot clock. Let the record show that Fisher felt this call was legit.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playo...columnist=adande_ja&page=jacksonlakers-080609

Nice rely on the media for your info. The same media that's making you think that the Lakers are a jumpshooting team.

And please don't call that clown Adande a homer, he is the furthest thing from it and has his own agenda. Dude use to write for the LA Times and ever since he's been hired by ESPN he's been doing his best to disassociate himself from any Lakers favoritism just so that people don't call him a homer.

Oh and Brent Barry was fouled on that 3 point attempt, but that non call really made up for all the non call the Lakers were getting in that game.

The Lakers just need to play through the game, no matter how ridiculous things get called.

There were a lot of things not going their way, and it was probably due to bad calls or whatnot. What they need is a STRONG mentality not to let that disrupt their style of play. One of the assistant coaches of the Lakers said that the team completely abandoned the Triangle offense, and that just can't happen. This is where experience, talent, and a strong mental attitude come into play.

Despite everything that was going on, I loved Kobe's attitude throughout the entire game, he was really showing emotion and tried to revive his team, yelling at them on the court and on the bench, doing whatever he could to drive them and give them that spark. The technical he drew was a good example as well, he's not gonna go down silently, he will put up a fight.

The team needs to emulate Kobe's desire, they have to be cohesive, with a mental fortitude of confidence surrounding them. That is what the Lakers as a whole are missing right now, and that is what the Celtics have over them at the moment. They need to believe and trust themselves and each other throughout the whole game and not let some stupid calls faze them, no matter how ridiculous they are.

However, because they allow that to happen, Home Court advantage emerges for Boston.

This is pretty much the Lakers ultimate test right now, and I believe that they can really pull it off.

[quote name='bardiya27']Nice rely on the media for your info. The same media that's making you think that the Lakers are a jumpshooting team.[/QUOTE]
They are a jumpshooting team, against the Celtics. They'd get more of their offense from the fast break if they could actually make stops and get rebounds, and the Celtics defense is preventing Kobe from getting to the hoop.

Also, I found this interesting tidbit about Kobe, take it for what its worth:
http://38pitches.com/2008/06/09/manny-jd-papi-lester-and-the-nba-finals/
From the first tip until about 4 minutes left in the game I saw and heard this guy bitch at his teammates. Every TO he came to the bench pissed, and a few of them he went to other guys and yelled about something they weren’t doing, or something they did wrong. No dialog about “hey let’s go, let’s get after it” or whatever. He spent the better part of 3.5 quarters pissed off and ranting at the non-execution or lack of, of his team. Then when they made what almost was a historic run in the 4th, during a TO, he got down on the floor and basically said ‘Let’s f’ing go, right now, right here” or something to that affect. I am not making this observation in a good or bad way, I have no idea how the guys in the NBA play or do things like this, but I thought it was a fascinating bit of insight for me to watch someone in another sport who is in the position of a team leader and how he interacted with his team and teammates. Watching the other 11 guys, every time out it was high fives and “Hey nice work, let’s get after it” or something to that affect. He walked off the floor, obligatory skin contact on the high five, and sat on the bench stone faced or pissed off, the whole game. Just weird to see another sport and how it all works. I would assume that’s his style and how he plays and what works for him because when I saw the leader board for scoring in the post season his name sat up top at 31+ a game, can’t argue with that. But as a fan I was watching the whole thing, Kobe, his teammates and then the after effects of conversations. He’d yell at someone, make a point, or send a message, turn and walk away, and more than once the person on the other end would roll eyes or give a ‘whatever dude’ look.

He also had a few other observations from the floor, interesting take on the game. I've never sat courtside.

[quote name='dafoomie']They are a jumpshooting team, against the Celtics. They'd get more of their offense from the fast break if they could actually make stops and get rebounds, and the Celtics defense is preventing Kobe from getting to the hoop.

He also had a few other observations from the floor, interesting take on the game. I've never sat courtside.[/quote]
I really think the Lakers need to review the Celctics/Cavs series, seriously.

About Kobe, this is the first time I hear about this. I saw the close-ups during timeouts and stuff, and from what I heard him say, he was trying to urge the team to get going, to do their part, to start clicking. I did hear a couple words of frustration, but this is Basketball, no one is going to hold your hand, you gotta man up, and like they say, win or go home. I do think Kobe might have to cool it a bit if all that is true, he might create tension/conflict within the team if that keeps up, so they really need to have a positive outlook and not point fingers abusively.
Either way, he's the most energetic and passionate guy on their team, and they really need to emulate and feed off that.

I'll be honest though, I tend to have a bit of skepticism since most of the links you provide tend to be related to Boston in some way ;)

I'd love to sit court-side though, that'd be awesome.

Questioning Kobe's leadership? This is nothing compared to Michael Jordan's leadership,

Punched Steve Kerr during practice because of physical D from Kerr? Check
Calling Kwame a flamming $$$$$$ during his rookie year? Check
Constantly putting down Carwright and his inability to finish? Check

Im not dogging on Jordan, one of the best to ever do it. Just showing that those leaderships "issues" are not a big deal.

Jordan called out everyone, check out the book "The Jordan Rules" really says it all. Dude, called Reggie Miller a "bitch" and over 1231232 times got in a fight with Scottie Pippen for missing shots Jordan made open for him.

Can't question Kobe's leadership, that whole 4th quarter he went 110%. The only problem I have with Kobe is he didn't do it the whole game. While he could turn it on against the Spurs, you can't do that against Boston who is one of the best defensive teams i've seen in years.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Jordan called out everyone, check out the book "The Jordan Rules" really says it all. Dude, called Reggie Miller a "bitch" and over 1231232 times got in a fight with Scottie Pippen for missing shots Jordan made open for him.

Can't question Kobe's leadership, that whole 4th quarter he went 110%. The only problem I have with Kobe is he didn't do it the whole game. While he could turn it on against the Spurs, you can't do that against Boston who is one of the best defensive teams i've seen in years.[/quote]

Best defense I have seen since the 2004 Pistons. Lakers had a first hand experience in the finals with them too.

4-1 against Shaq+Kobe+Phil+Homecourt during the finals is insane, much props to Larry Brown there.

[quote name='bardiya27']Best defense I have seen since the 2004 Pistons. Lakers had a first hand experience in the finals with them too.

4-1 against Shaq+Kobe+Phil+Homecourt during the finals is insane, much props to Larry Brown there.[/quote]

A mixture of that and a team in such turmoil. The players didn't know who was the leader, Kobe won them Game 3 by himself, but the whole team relied on Shaq. You had an injured Malone, Gary Payton was playing like Sam Cassell now, Derek Fisher, should've started and add to the fact that Slava Medvedenko was the backup C.

Malone going down hurt the Lakers on the defensive assignment of Rasheed Wallace who torched the Lakers the whole series.

It was Game 2 that Kobe won for the Lakers.

[quote name='dafoomie']They are a jumpshooting team, against the Celtics. They'd get more of their offense from the fast break if they could actually make stops and get rebounds, and the Celtics defense is preventing Kobe from getting to the hoop.

He also had a few other observations from the floor, interesting take on the game. I've never sat courtside.[/quote]

I found this tidbit from Curt interesting:

2) Every SINGLE play up and down the floor has MULTIPLE fouls being committed by multiple players. These guys are in close, every play. They are beating the crap out of each other, and the refs see it. That makes me think that the game is called and paced exactly how the refs want it to be. I wondered aloud, a few times, how in the hell calls weren’t being made against the Celts on a ton of plays in the paint where there was some serious pugilism being committed. There were a ton of ‘non-calls’ in my incredibly amateur opinion.

The stat sheet doesn't mean crap. laCkers had more shots in the paint, but how many were open shots and makes? Also, I got this from another forum: Shooting in the paint is not the same as "attacking" the paint. Plus, attempts is a dishonest number to look at. The attempts that result in a trip to the line don't get counted as an attempt in the stat book. Therefore, we had several more attempts in the post that don't show up in your box score.

Also, it's not like Boston didn't get called for fouls. They had 21 and laCkers had 28. Oh, and where were the laCker fans when laCkers shot 43 FTs and Utah shot 16 in Game 2 of their series? Not to mention the foul Fisher committed that didn't get called when Barry shot that 3. If we go back in history, I'll have to mention Sacramento getting BLATANTLY screwed in the 4th quarter of the 2002 WCF. Oh, and Fisher's infamous 0.4 shot isn' forgotten. The laCkers have been on the receiving end of many favorable calls, especially during their 3-peat. So please, STFU laCker fans, you have no room to bitch.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']The stat sheet doesn't mean crap. laCkers had more shots in the paint, but how many were open shots and makes? Also, I got this from another forum: Shooting in the paint is not the same as "attacking" the paint. Plus, attempts is a dishonest number to look at. The attempts that result in a trip to the line don't get counted as an attempt in the stat book. Therefore, we had several more attempts in the post that don't show up in your box score.

Also, it's not like Boston didn't get called for fouls. They had 21 and laCkers had 28. Oh, and where were the laCker fans when laCkers shot 43 FTs and Utah shot 16 in Game 2 of their series? Not to mention the foul Fisher committed that didn't get called when Barry shot that 3. If we go back in history, I'll have to mention Sacramento getting BLATANTLY screwed in the 4th quarter of the 2002 WCF. Oh, and Fisher's infamous 0.4 shot isn' forgotten. The laCkers have been on the receiving end of many favorable calls, especially during their 3-peat. So please, STFU laCker fans, you have no room to bitch.[/QUOTE]

Once the Lakers win a game, all the bandwagoners will come out in full force saying this will be a repeat of the Heat/Mavs finals where the Heat lost the first 2 and came back to win the next 4.

Keep dreaming Laker fans.

I wasn't trying to call out Kobe over that bench stuff, there is going to be frustration when you're down 20+. I just thought that Curt Schilling had an interesting take on the game from those seats.

Tonights referees:

Joey Crawford (the guy that wanted to fight Tim Duncan)

Bennett Salvatore (called the BS offensive foul on Pierce in game 5 vs Detroit)

Mark Wunderlich (did not call an offensive foul on the Derek Fisher/Brent Barry shot)

Also, check out this picture, look at Turiaf:
949c076acb_powe.jpg

[quote name='dafoomie']Tonights referees:

Joey Crawford (the guy that wanted to fight Tim Duncan)

Bennett Salvatore (called the BS offensive foul on Pierce in game 5 vs Detroit)

Mark Wunderlich (did not call an offensive foul on the Derek Fisher/Brent Barry shot)

Also, check out this picture, look at Turiaf:
949c076acb_powe.jpg
[/quote]

powe is a beast

i'm liking some of these hustle energy players that help their team a lot in the playoffs...powe, maxiell, stuckey...good stuff

anyway, hopefully the officiating isn't absolutely trash tonight...or at least make it in favor of the home team like it was in boston

Last game I went with Posey to bust out and got 11 out of him (8pts 3rebs). Tonight its looking like Farmar out of Vlad, Powe, Perkins, House (since Cassell is hurt), Sasha, or Walton.

House might do something now that cassell is hurt but I dont trust him. I'm leaning towards role players at home method, opinions?

Go with Vujacic, it's an automatic. I'm feeling either Vujacic or Farmar.

Found something interesting last night, J.A. Adande's "Toyota Key's to the Game" one was "Home court Advantage calls"....can you say that shit on TV?

[quote name='ph33r m3']Found something interesting last night, J.A. Adande's "Toyota Key's to the Game" one was "Home court Advantage calls"....can you say that shit on TV?[/quote]
Hahaha, at this point, everyone who's been following the playoffs already knows about it, there's no secret :lol:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hahaha, at this point, everyone who's been following the playoffs already knows about it, there's no secret :lol:[/quote]

ha ha the secret has been revealed ..

[quote name='Dynasty1756']ha ha the seceret has been revealed ..[/QUOTE]

as well as the fact that Phil Jackson is an overrated/overpaid coach.

[quote name='unforeseen']as well as the fact that Phil Jackson is an overrated/overpaid coach.[/quote]
Ahhh you're a hater, nothing but spite for the Lakers

[quote name='bardiya27']http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...exreferee_tim_donaghy_blows_whistle_on_n.html

Well the NBA is a business...

He talks about how the NBA conspired to extend a certain playoff series in 2002 to 7 games (Kings VS Lakers most likely)

Most of this will probably get ignored, because people are going to think he's just trying to drag the NBA down with him.[/QUOTE]

Matt Walsh all over again.

He picked that Lakers/Kings series to lie about because of how much controversy it caused

That Lakers Kings series had lots of controversy in Game 6 (Lakers tied it 3-3) and Game 5 (Kings went up 3-2), lots of questionable calls in both these games. I can see how the NBA would be interested in making the series a classic by pushing it to 7 after the Laker comeback in game 4 that was capped by Horry's game-winning buzzer-beating 3 pointer.

Lakers fans. Listen up please.

SHUT YOUR fuckING MOUTHS about calls during a game. (not directed at anyone in this thread.)

How quickly your forget that during your 3 peat Shaq was allowed to do everything short of walking onto the court with a Jason mask and stabbing people in the face.

Shaq was like a black hole of infractions. During that time there was NO calls that could go against him. So you want to play this game of putting up youtube videos of the game we can...I am will bet you I can find about 50 more Shaq related infractions that you ever could of Boston. The refs gave you 3 championships in a row and no one else complained. You guys suffer through 1 game of questionable calls (a lot were legit though) Give it a rest.

Also I would like to put to rest that there was only 1 phantom foul on Kobe. You cant bowl through a guy on a screen. Thats a foul.

But honestly refs have always sucked and we the winning team always says you have to play through bad calls while the losing team bitches about it. I hate the way refs work in the NBA and think they need to fire all of them but what can you do?

But lets not kid ourselfs..if there is any one team that has gotten more favorable calls through out the last 10 years its the Lakers with the Spurs in a close 2nd.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']:lol:[/quote]

Yeah that was for something else though.

Right now its just a general F-up.

:)

[quote name='Soodmeg']Lakers fans. Listen up please.

SHUT YOUR fuckING MOUTHS about calls during a game. (not directed at anyone in this thread.)

How quickly your forget that during your 3 peat Shaq was allowed to do everything short of walking onto the court with a Jason mask and stabbing people in the face.

Shaq was like a black hole of infractions. During that time there was NO calls that could go against him. So you want to play this game of putting up youtube videos of the game we can...I am will bet you I can find about 50 more Shaq related infractions that you ever could of Boston. The refs gave you 3 championships in a row and no one else complained. You guys suffer through 1 game of questionable calls (a lot were legit though) Give it a rest.

Also I would like to put to rest that there was only 1 phantom foul on Kobe. You cant bowl through a guy on a screen. Thats a foul.

But honestly refs have always sucked and we the winning team always says you have to play through bad calls while the losing team bitches about it. I hate the way refs work in the NBA and think they need to fire all of them but what can you do?

But lets not kid ourselfs..if there is any one team that has gotten more favorable calls through out the last 10 years its the Lakers with the Spurs in a close 2nd.[/quote]
I take this attack personally! (I'm kidding ;))

I do remember someone putting up a vid of Shaq just abusing a defender and then dunking on him, I think it was Dikembe Mutombo (I can never forget that name :p)
That's funny though, "A Black Hole Of Infractions", sounds like a horror film or somethin'

NBA Refs are just maddeningly inconsistent. I've never seen this kind of issue with the NFL with all the years I've been watching it, and by that I mean the constant blatant bad calls (THANK GOODNESS FOR INSTANT REPLAY THOUGH)

If anything, I think more sports should adopt the Instant Replay system, that would really help ;)

I was talking to a friend of mine recently, and he said he doesn't watch sports anymore since he claims they're all fixed, instead, he watches UFC ;)

The second people starting saying shit like, "you can't make that call in a playoff game", is when NBA officiating became suspect. A foul in preseason should be a foul in game 7, no excuses.

My only issue is hearing people complain only when THEIR team doesn't get calls. Then when roles reverse they have no problem with it.

Yeah, Lakers fans are whining a bit too much. I am sure tonights game the refs will favor the Lakers and Lakers fans won't have any problem with it. This is all a part of the game. There are nights when refs go a bit one sided. The Celtics deserved the win though as they played their heart out during the game for the first three quarters.

bread's done
Back