The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='dafoomie']His feet were nowhere near set there.[/quote]

if you're talkin bout the farmar/pierce charge, that is the exact same charge pierce has been taking in these playoffs so far...i've seen pierce take more charges in these playoffs than i have seen him take in his career before this year...plus pierce lowered his shoulder

I think I called it "Go with Vujacic, it's an automatic. I'm feeling either Vujacic or Farmar."

I just made that dude the winner of whatever fantasy league he's playing.

Horrible fast break by the C's right there. Bench Garnett, put in PJ, and put back in House for god's sake...

[quote name='ph33r m3']I think I called it "Go with Vujacic, it's an automatic. I'm feeling either Vujacic or Farmar."

I just made that dude the winner of whatever fantasy league he's playing.

Horrible fast break by the C's right there. Bench Garnett, put in PJ, and put back in House for god's sake...[/QUOTE]

Yep I went with Vujacic and he's got 25 so far and is statiscally the 4th best player of the night counting only pts, rebs, and assists. Thanks again.

[quote name='alucard8319']Yep I went with Vujacic and he's got 25 so far and is statiscally the 4th best player of the night counting only pts, rebs, and assists. Thanks again.[/quote]

Anytime my man, anytime.

This makes me physically sick, but I think I like Sasha Vujacic. Might be the first ever Laker besides Kobe Bryant i've really cared for.

ah well. The celts had a chance I didn't count on winning this game. I still standby what I said earlier about them winning game 4

Pierce and KG played their worst games of the playoffs and it was still close. I thought they'd lose this game anyway, but LA never put them away.

whoever made his case against KG has his hard evidence tonight about him being too reliant on his J for offense...6 for 21 aint stellar for a 6-11 power forward...i love KG to death, but he's gotta step his aggressiveness up like he did in game 2

[quote name='swetooth9']lol celtics rolled over and died[/quote]

Pierce played the worst i have ever seen him...

He was struggling the worst on the Celtics team.

I thought the Celtics was going to come away with the win.. Kobe hit those 2 clutch shots at the end.

Wow, horrible coaching right there.

How the hell do you not double one of the most clutch players in NBA history? I understand Vujacic hit a 3, but I mean cmon'.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']LOL. If I'm a laCker fan, my pants would have shit all over it. KG and PP played like shit and Boston almost won. Boston in 6 still sounds good.[/quote]
Neither did Gasol, Odom, OR Fisher, Farmar didn't fare to well either so I'd say it's not the picture you're trying to paint

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Neither did Gasol, Odom, OR Fisher, Farmar didn't fare to well either so I'd say it's not the picture you're trying to paint[/QUOTE]

Since when do those guys ever play well?

[quote name='swetooth9']whoever made his case against KG has his hard evidence tonight about him being too reliant on his J for offense...6 for 21 aint stellar for a 6-11 power forward...i love KG to death, but he's gotta step his aggressiveness up like he did in game 2[/QUOTE]
They were doubling KG all night.

[quote name='dafoomie']Pierce and KG played their worst games of the playoffs and it was still close. I thought they'd lose this game anyway, but LA never put them away.[/quote]

Right, here comes the "Celtics couldn't play any worst excuse", the Celtics as a team played a decent game just like the Lakers did, KG and Pierce did not show up. Guess what? Odom and Gasol did not show up either.

Ugly win, Kobe and Allen were the only starters that showed up, Vujacic was the difference maker.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Since when do those guys ever play well?[/quote]

Listen champ.

I understand you have this huge vendetta against the Lakers, and that's fine, get on board.

But, this shit is getting annoying. The Kings didn't lose because of the free throw discrepancy, you want to know why they lost? Mike Bibby was the only one taking shots. Webber passes the ball in crunch time like hot potatoe and Stojakovic can't hit shit under 4 minutes in a game anyways.

So, if you have some constructive criticism, that'd be great.

Do you watch any basketball? For the season, Gasol has been averaging 20 points and almost 10 rebounds, and Odom has been averaging 15 points and almost 10 rebounds.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Listen champ.

I understand you have this huge vendetta against the Lakers, and that's fine, get on board.

But, this shit is getting annoying. The Kings didn't lose because of the free throw discrepancy, you want to know why they lost? Mike Bibby was the only one taking shots. Webber passes the ball in crunch time like hot potatoe and Stojakovic can't hit shit under 4 minutes in a game anyways.

So, if you have some constructive criticism, that'd be great.[/quote]

Don't forget them choking with all their missed free throws in Game 7.

Allen needs to borrow Pierce's wheelchair after getting his ankles broken on Kobe's second to last jumper.

[quote name='bardiya27']Right, here comes the "Celtics couldn't play any worst excuse", the Celtics as a team played a decent game just like the Lakers did, KG and Pierce did not show up. Guess what? Odom and Gasol did not show up either.

Ugly win, Kobe and Allen were the only starters that showed up, Vujacic was the difference maker.[/QUOTE]

At least we are holding our team responsible instead of whining about the refs

And Pierce, KG>Odom, Gasol. The lakers make out in that exchange

Celtics should put all their chips in on Thursday night. I say you go all out that game, play Pierce/Allen/KG however many minutes needed to win that one. They'll have 3 days to rest after that game, and I think that's their best chance to win that game.

Smart coaching by Phil to leave Kobe on Pierce that whole 4th quarter. If Allen keeps up playing well, Pierce has a good game, and maybe Powe/Perkins/House/Posey step up then I don't see a reason why the Celtics couldn't take Game 4.

[quote name='jlarlee']At least we are holding our team responsible instead of whining about the refs

And Pierce, KG>Odom, Gasol. The lakers make out in that exchange[/quote]

Right, because you can't whine about the refs, you only shot 12 free throws less than us, and the refs had Vlad and Odom in foul trouble the whole game.

[quote name='jlarlee']At least we are holding our team responsible instead of whining about the refs

Your comparing different positions though...Odom is a power forward.

[quote name='bardiya27']Right, because you can't whine about the refs, you only shot 12 free throws less than us, and the refs had Vlad and Odom in foul trouble the whole game.[/QUOTE]

12 less FTs in a game won by 6. Don't forget Pierce being in foul trouble as well.

Since they were playing as a team?

Gasol in Game 2 showed he can attack, but tonight he played slow and "clunky", oh, and THANK YOU PHIL for taking Walton out (even if just for a little while) and putting Ariza back in. Walton has just been playing horribly this series (There Sephiroth mah boy, you can attack that guy without remorse, I won't defend him), but Farmar can actually drive in and MAKE a lay-up as well as move the ball around effectively. Odom can do the same and with his size he can play low-post along with Gasol, and those two need to stay the fuck in the paint after a Jump Shot because there were some easy rebounds they could have had.

Gasol barely even jumped tonight! I was wondering where the Gasol of Game 2 went the whole time. Odom probably would have contributed more except he got in foul trouble early.

I'm expecting a more dominating game by the Lakers in Game 4, seriously.

[quote name='swetooth9']should have passed up those shots when he was doubled[/QUOTE]
Weren't that many options for him, he often got the ball with little time left on the shot clock. Pierce hurting is what led to this happening.

Didn't help that he was missing shots that he can generally hit.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Your comparing different positions though...Odom is a power forward.[/quote]

True. Besides because Bynum is injured, Odom is playing the PF spot when he is a SF, and Gasol is playing the C spot when he is a PF.

[quote name='dafoomie']Weren't that many options for him, he often got the ball with little time left on the shot clock. Pierce hurting is what led to this happening.

Didn't help that he was missing shots that he can generally hit.[/quote]

Pierce is all of the sudden hurting right? He was shooting lights out in game 1 and 2, and now that Kobe shuts him down he is hurting?

Here's why Pierce played bad today, Vlad was not guarding him, Kobe was.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Your comparing different positions though...Odom is a power forward.[/QUOTE]

In team worth KG and Paul are our first and second most valuable players. Where Gasol and Odom are the second and third best players(and honestly I think its debatable that Odom is the Lakers third best player)

Edit. i'm talking available players Bynum is a better player than Odom

laCker fans are retarded. Ask anyone with half a brain, KG and PP are more relevant than Gasol and Odom.

Yeah, and Kings got screwed. Again, got half a brain? You'll agree.

[quote name='bardiya27']True. Besides because Bynum is injured, Odom is playing the PF spot when he is a SF, and Gasol is playing the C spot when he is a PF.[/quote]

Moves everyone out of their position, forces Vlad into the starting lineup...

[quote name='jlarlee']In team worth KG and Paul are our first and second most valuable players. Where Gasol and Odom are the second and third best players(and honestly I think its debatable that Odom is the Lakers third best player)[/quote]

Fine, then Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pierce>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Whomever.

[quote name='bardiya27']Don't forget them choking with all their missed free throws in Game 7.

Allen needs to borrow Pierce's wheelchair after getting his ankles broken on Kobe's second to last jumper.[/quote]

ha ha yea.. I think all of us witness Allen's ankles being broken. I hope he will be ok walking out of Staples Center.

[quote name='dafoomie']Weren't that many options for him, he often got the ball with little time left on the shot clock. Pierce hurting is what led to this happening.

pierce hurting yeah thats why he sucked
i thought he was the TRUTH!!!!!!

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']laCker fans are retarded. Ask anyone with half a brain, KG and PP are more relevant than Gasol and Odom.

Yeah, and Kings got screwed. Again, got half a brain? You'll agree.[/quote]

Relevant as in what? More well-known? More relevant in crunch times situations?

[quote name='jlarlee']12 less FTs in a game won by 6. Don't forget Pierce being in foul trouble as well.[/quote]

Yeah well guess what: THE CELTICS WERE A JUMP SHOOTING TEAM AND THEY WERE NOT AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH

Are you seriosuly trying to compare a difference of 12 free throws with one of 28? Are you serious? The Celtics shot more than twice as much free throws as the Lakers did in game 2, and you really want to complain about a difference of 12 free throws?

see dafoomie's posts...most of them are criticisms about the refs and/or their calls...

he was hurt in game 1 and 2, but he played awesome...

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']laCker fans are retarded. Ask anyone with half a brain, KG and PP are more relevant than Gasol and Odom.

Yeah, and Kings got screwed. Again, got half a brain? You'll agree.[/quote]

Keep crying about the Kings buddy, that was 6 years ago. WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY = SHUT DOWN, your team choked.

Enjoy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKBm2kevXQk

[quote name='jlarlee']Bynum is a better player than Odom[/quote]

you're kidding, right? sure bynum is bigger and has done pretty well this season before his injury, but he is not better than Odom...odom has just not been playing well this series, that's all

paulpierce01sz0.jpg

[quote name='ph33r m3']Fine, then Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pierce>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Whomever.[/QUOTE]

I mean shit who is going to argue that. But it has nothing to do with the argument. Only player in the league that is even close is Lebron and he isn't quite there yet. But maybe with a few years

[quote name='swetooth9']he was hurt in game 1 and 2, but he played awesome...[/QUOTE]
He had more rest for game 2.

I criticized individual calls as I saw them, but those are not why the Celtics lost. Kobe would be proud of the way you tried to force that into my mouth, though.

The Lakers won a game they were supposed to win. I thought you guys have been here before?

bread's done
Back