The Official CAG 2016 Pick-Ups Thread

it was from the one in lakewood. they had just put it on the shelf. i never came across a copy before today. today at the costa mesa store they had one for $170 without the manual in bad condition too. then i when straight to Lakewood store and they had it there for $20. mess ups like this don't happen often at these stores since they scan everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
it was from the one in lakewood. they had just put it on the shelf. i never came across a copy before today. today at the costa mesa store they had one for $170 without the manual in bad condition too. then i when straight to Lakewood store and they had it there for $20. mess ups like this don't happen often at these stores since they scan everything.
damn good stuff. Haven't been to the lakewood one in a while. Let's hope for more book-off price mistakes!!! :)

Your Book Off is probably better than mine.

i wish the prices are almost exactly the same at their Westminster, Costa mesa and Lakewood stores. there worse at the del amo and gardena stores they usually charge more than ebay. At lakewood they have a cart only of wizards and warriors on the nes for only $40.

image2_2.jpg

Just a few pick-ups in March.  Trying to scale down/narrow my purchases this year.  Was happy to pick up Life is Strange LE for my PS4.  I don't usually do blind-buys but I've heard such great things about this title that I figured I'd give it a whirl.  Picked up Tornado Outbreak for my 360 (bought it earlier for the Wii but wanted to play it with my preferred 360 controller).  Again, this game is an overlooked gem for anyone who enjoys the Katamari series.  

As for OoT, I have a very small handheld collection (I don't game much on handhelds), but when I heard Nintendo was reprinting a few games, I had to pick up this particular title.  Easily the second-best Zelda title (the all-time greatest being Link to the Past).  

Lastly, have to give a callout to the new Scooby Doo series - such a perfect mix of the old and the new.  I like the new art style and the characters are as endearing as before, but the humor is sharper (and a little weirder).  Even though the WB has ruined Superman for me, at least they keep providing a pretty solid outing for Shaggy and Scooby.

they are kind of like a thrift store they sell electronics, video games, music, movies, books and other stuff. they started out in japan and eventually came here. they only have a handful of stores most of them in southern California.

Wtf is a Book Off...

something that I don't have... T______________T
Mr. Miyagi's training regiment. Book on, book off.

I used to buy a lot more stuff there, like cheap RPG guides. Now they price things above eBay, so I buy like one gaming thing a year there nowadays. I also used to buy a lot of older Japanese artbooks.

They do still have $1-5 novels that the missus buys.

Games at Westminster Book Off are pretty overpriced. 

They put most of their PS2 games into the drawers and people are not allowed to browse them anymore. Back in the day, we were allowed to look in the drawers. >.>

the ones they lock are usually where they keep all the extra stuff for the video games systems and other electronics.

i don't usually go out on Wednesday looking for games but happened to be by a store i go to today so i stopped to take a quick look. i found these dreamcast games still sealed for about $20 each.

Backlog of Pick Ups.

One for my friend and one for me.

Picked up Force Unleashed Graphic Novel for a quarter. They thought it was a magazine. Got Transformers The Gathering from the store next door for 1.25 since it was a 50% off day. Was a big fan of Beast Wars back in the day. I regret giving my toys to charity now.

Catch up post. Picked up a SF5 Collectors Edition from Amazon, had $15 in promos and had giftcards to cover the rest of the cost.

Arcade Block- Deadpool oldschool arcade tee shirt, Nesting Doll (Charmander evolution. smallest is a Pokeball, tallest is Mega Charizard), weird looking Mega Man plush, Just Cause 3 grappling hook memo hanger, 20th Anniversary Resident Evil Nemesis figure.

Got a Horror Block for $10 if I added it to another order. Last Of Us tee shirt I got from a past A.B., Jason plush, dvd with 5 short films, Night of the Living Dead phrase magnets, watch with glow in the dark fangs/time hands and a slap bracelet type strap. Also pictured is 2 exclusive WON figures from Walgreens, Star Power 8 bit Mario and White Link.

Free Falco amiibo from preordering Star Fox Zero @ Best Buy. Star Wars Battlefront was $16.14 from Gamefly around $10 in coupons and 10% discount.

Nerdblock Reedpop Emerald City Comic Con box- Superman/Batman hat, Spider Gwen tee shirt, Superwomen poster magnets, Wonder Woman POP!, 2 Vader Down issues with exclusive covers, DareDevil decal, Marvel blind figure (rare gold Ultron), Daniel Logen autograph photo with authenticity.

And Vinylpalooza 2 box- The Mountain, Unmasked Vader, Greg Jenko, Cylon Centurion

KcFz4e2.jpg

I came across this The New Batman Adventures Mr. Freeze at Ross today. It was only $10 and retails for $20+ pretty much everywhere online. The real surprise is the condition the packaging is in considering it was in the toys section at a Ross.

i don't usually go out on Wednesday looking for games but happened to be by a store i go to today so i stopped to take a quick look. i found these dreamcast games still sealed for about $20 each.
Blue Stinger is a cool game. I remember my sister buying it years ago, and we had a ton of fun playing it. Never finished it though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

i have not done the mod yet. i think it will be a while before i do the mod since i been spending so much on games. the parts are cheap but i need a soldering iron and if i get that i also want to buy save batteries so i can start switching out some of the dead ones on my gba games. here is a link to the mod i want to do. i like how the it can be undone if i decide i don't want it anymore without damaging the system.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/game-cube-region-switch/

i got another stack of dollar games. eternal eyes and marble master are nib

point blank 3 was $30 and nib. the seal had a big tear in the front so i just opened it. it came with an orange guncom which i didn't have yet so i am happy with it.

Just take it back to GS and let somebody enjoy it, if you didn't get GCU or the Amazon 20% discount it doesn't seem to be worth the hassle.

i am insane i spent 150 on these nib gba games.

$5

$15 each

$25 each

at least they were good prices. i did not know that gem smashers was a hard to find game and i got it nib. the last cart sold in december and none on ebay currently.

My Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates Osts arrived from Amazon.jp (and in only 1 day after release!). They are so beautiful. Can't wait to drown myself in music while I study for a midterm.

1%20-%20MUufHj7_zpskauvgnll.jpg

2%20-%20E0nsgFW_zpstkn7yjmh.jpg

3%20-%20rhQ7aHO_zpsp2y0plkn.jpg
4%20-%20cS4Yd2b_zpslpoddq5z.jpg

5%20-%20FVop9Jt_zpsybhakxmz.jpg

6%20-%20nOL3ikK_zpsasuixykm.jpg

7%20-%20JcrDbCv_zpsla8f3t7n.jpg

Damn, why didn't I order that when I made my order.

Came in under 2 days from Japan. It's like international Prime! It got here yesterday, before the album was even officially released.

jcgR8IL.jpg

And BBY today:

MGYzkaK.jpg

26458212370_87c7726d0e_c.jpg

3ds games and Ragnarok Odyssey ACE from gamestop, zelda manga from walmarts, everything else from amazon.

Imports are

ps3 

Ex trooper
Gundam: Extreme VS

psp
Gundam Seed: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. Portable 
Tales of The World: Radiant Mythology 3

ps vita
Airship Q
Phantasy Star Nova

ds
Blood of Bahamut
Shining Force Feather 

Lootcrate- Labyrinth shirt, 12 sided die ice cube maker, Harry Potter socks, Vikings horn necklace/cup, Uncharted 4 poster, pin.

Mew Plush that I paid too much for on Ebay, LOZTPHD poster from Powerup Rewards, Ratchet and Clank from GS, StarFox Zero from Amazon I think....maybe Best Buy...

Doom Cyberdemon figure from PU Rewards, exclusive 5000 made.

Cancelled Lootcrate and subscribed to Loot Gaming. Bioshock2 shirt, STARS hat, Mirrors Edge Catalyst LED watch, Fallout 4 tin sign, The Division mini gun....which turned out to be a 16GB flashdrive, and the pin.

20th Anniversary Pokemon swag from TRU and Pokemon Center

here what i have found the last couple weeks

another stack of dollar games

these ones were five each. i been wanting to try ghostbusters out but did not want to spend $20. i played a little of it and it is fun going round New York catching ghosts

this one was $10. i got since it was a fighting game at a decent price.

these came in the mail life is strange was BB for $20

Everything but Living For The Day After Tomorrow and Tears to Tiara came from GoHastings 5 for $20 sale. (One got cancelled on me

got some more dollar games today

i already have dark alliance 2 but not leaving it behind for a dollar

these were $5 each. been looking at them for months but most of them were $15 each and they finally lowered them so i had to get them. i don't know what advance guardian heroes is but took a chance for $5 dollars.

Take a really good beat 'em up for the Sega Saturn. Now unzip your pants and pee all over it. That's Advance Guardian Heroes. Still worth it for five dollars though. I love me some Game Boy Advance!

Local GS didnt open until 12 yesterday so I went to one a town over that opened at 11. I walk up to the door around 1045, first one in line. Then 3 people got out of the car that was sitting in front of the store, thought to myself "ya snooze ya lose". I got one of the 2 Darkrai plush GS had along with the Pokeball and download card. The girl from the car got the other plush.

Had a Craigslist deal to do at noon at the mall where my usual GS is. Guy got stuck at a train track for 15 mins. GS manager said they had a guy waiting since 10 for a plush and someone who showed up at 1130. Glad I went to the first store! Ended up buying DI 2 with the rest of my giftcard I had because Ive had a base and a few figures that I bought at Goodwill for $5 months ago and never messed with.

Image1.jpg

Only 1 game in April (Senran Kangura SE).  Picked up Goldbergs Season 2 (hilarious show!), Johnny Test Season 5 (not as good as the first four seasons, but still a crazy loud show), and a few blurays.  Picked up a new Logitech controller, too.

Ugh why do I wait so long to post pics now. This will be a 2 poster.

Bart Simpson book was $1 from the booksale at the library. Darkrai cardset from GS.

Darkrai plush and Pokeball from GS. Shiek from TRU.

I think this was a Loot Gaming box....might be Arcade Block. Fallout shirt, Handsome Jack POP!, AC mini figure, LOZ bottle opener screwdriver tool keychain, LOZMM mouse pad, 3 Battleborn buttons

Box of Jerky XP jerky....and a suggestive lightsaber tube of bubbles

bread's done
Back