The Official Guitar Hero II Thread (80's Edition Confirmed w/initial tracklist!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='defiance_17']Got the demo yesterday.

No "Lefty Flip" option, which makes the disc essentially worthless for me.[/quote]I actually played the first Guitar Hero for about 10 hours before finding the Lefty Flip option. I finished all the songs on Easy with ass backwards controls.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Yup.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, what's with all of the metal-influenced car/truck commercials? There's one with Slash, one with Ironman being played, and one with some guy playing his guitar on top of a car, then falling off.

[quote name='defiance_17']Got the demo yesterday.

No "Lefty Flip" option, which makes the disc essentially worthless for me.[/quote]Forgot to post about this. I had a friend over who is pretty decent at GH. He plays lefty flip on real guitar, so naturally the sitting fit well with him. When I showed him the demo, I forgot about this, so we started out and he told me to change the setting. Since the setting isn't in the demo, he had to play it on Easy and right handed. Considering I know it isn't easy to switch hands on GH (I've tried it), I felt for him.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, what's with all of the metal-influenced car/truck commercials? There's one with Slash, one with Ironman being played, and one with some guy playing his guitar on top of a car, then falling off.[/quote]

Oh yeah, volkswagen with the buy our cars and get a free guitar. It sounded great for a second till I thought about the $15K I had to spend on the car..

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, what's with all of the metal-influenced car/truck commercials? There's one with Slash, one with Ironman being played, and one with some guy playing his guitar on top of a car, then falling off.[/QUOTE]

Some guy? That's Spinal Tap's Nigel Tufnel!

[quote name='defiance_17']Some guy? That's Spinal Tap's Nigel Tufnel![/quote]
Thanks for clearing it up. I figured it was somebody from a band I didn't listen to much.

I just finished playing the demo. Playing the Motley Crue song was badass. I forgot who the other three bands were, but one of the songs is one of those played out songs you hear everywhere.

Just one month away.. what a year for videogames.

So I finally got a second controller. Needless to say, me and my good buddy rocked out all night. The dueling guitar solos on GH1 were GREAT fun, but nothing beats playing YYZ on guitar and bass. I agree with blindthethief, GotM 2006 for sure.

EDIT: Just finished hooking up some killer surround sound in my room, and played a round of Crossroads. It sounds AMAZING. Glad I got this all set up in time for GHII.

[quote name='evanft']Preordered at Gamespot. Anybody else?[/QUOTE]

Had one, but I used it for credit on some games. I'll be in next Thursday (pay day) to reserve my copy.

Time for some video action from the recent GameSpot After Hours event. Just go here and check out the 5 PM and 8 PM videos to see some Guitar Hero II action with the new songs we haven't seen played just yet.

The 5 PM video has right at the beginning:
Misirlou on Expert from what I could tell (it's just insane)
Sweet Child O' Mine in Co-Op
Beast and the Harlot in Co-Op (also insane)

The 8 PM video has it starting at about 32 minutes into it with:
Carry on My Wayward Son in Co-Op
Crazy on You in Co-Op

Their On The Spot video podcast (10-12-06) also has some GHII loving about 54 minutes into it with:
Freebird on Hard (called the Bark at the Moon of GHII)
A little bit of Sweet Child O' Mine at the end

God.

Why is it that everything that attempts to make gaming socially acceptable has to be so goddamn obnoxious?

Just show me the fucking video, Gamespot. Shit.

Resign yourselves to your nerdy fate you assholes. You can't make it look cool. You just can't. So stop trying to Dave Lettermen meets Puff Daddy your shit up. You're not funny or original.

Christ.

[quote name='Strell']God.

Why is it that everything that attempts to make gaming socially acceptable has to be so goddamn obnoxious?

Resign yourselves to your nerdy fate you assholes. You can't make it look cool. You just can't. So stop trying to Dave Lettermen meets Puff Daddy your shit up. You're not funny or original.

Christ.[/QUOTE]

QFT. What is this, G4?

EDIT: You can play the second guitar part in practice mode? Awesome.

EDIT 2: Holy shit Beast and the Harlot looks awesome.

[quote name='Strell']God.

Christ.[/QUOTE]

oa048.jpg

Sorry that they cash the paycheck and you don't.

I would agree with your point, in its entirety, if you were any different from what you criticize. Funny how that works.

[quote name='Backlash']Holy crap @ those songs. Thank god for slowdown in practice mode.[/QUOTE]

Sweet Child O' Mine gave me a raging hard on. That's gonna be a blast to play when the game comes out.

I've decided I may buy GHII disc only, and sell both games/guitar when the 360 version is released.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Sorry that they cash the paycheck and you don't.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry you can't do the same for useless trolling and insulting.

[quote name='Strell']I'm sorry you can't do the same for useless trolling and insulting.[/quote]

OH SNAP!! Myke just got served!!!

[quote name='evanft']OH SNAP!! Myke just got served!!![/QUOTE]

That's alright. 'slong as he ain't trying to deny that he's the spitting image of what he was complaining about, he can say whatever he wants.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']This thread is stupid anyway.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Z-Saber']You almost said shlong.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Know what? Foreigner's ultimate song, Cold As Ice had better fucking be an unlockable song. It is truly the greatest thing ever. Not even Jukebox Hero can touch it.

Cold as, Cold as IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIICCCCCEEE

Someday, evanft...someday...

ANYWAYS!

So an editor from OPM posted some new videos on his 1up blog...first, here's Misirlou (completed, this time!) on Expert, and Beast and the Harlot on Expert:
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7543444&publicUserId=4553267

Next up, we've got Monkey Wrench multiplayer (I believe the screen on the left is on Hard, and the screen on the right is Expert):
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7546300&publicUserId=4553267#comments

All these videos make one thing clear: I'm going to have to learn to sturm up AND down to beat this game. *sigh*

[quote name='mykevermin']That's alright. 'slong as he ain't trying to deny that he's the spitting image of what he was complaining about, he can say whatever he wants.[/QUOTE]

I really, really need you to explain how me calling Gamespot's pathetic attempt to deliver game news somehow the same thing I do.

My guess is that you felt an overwhelming need to be a condescending fuckhat, and delivering an overused Internet insult was the way to do it.

Maybe next time you could hit me with another tired cliche. Like maybe Godwin or Rule 34 me.

Then at least I'd know you weren't the one trick brain damaged pony you are, trying to prove the size of his chickpeas over the intermotron.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Someday, evanft...someday...

ANYWAYS!

So an editor from OPM posted some new videos on his 1up blog...first, here's Misirlou (completed, this time!) on Expert, and Beast and the Harlot on Expert:
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7543444&publicUserId=4553267

Next up, we've got Monkey Wrench multiplayer (I believe the screen on the left is on Hard, and the screen on the right is Expert):
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7546300&publicUserId=4553267#comments

All these videos make one thing clear: I'm going to have to learn to sturm up AND down to beat this game. *sigh*[/quote]
The first link has already been posted. ;)

I'll check out the other one after class.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The first link has already been posted. ;)

I'll check out the other one after class.[/QUOTE]

Oh my, I entirely missed that post...I apologize, good sir.

I'd like to know how you guys play GH. Me personally, I've never used hammer-ons or pull-offs. I just couldn't ever grasp it. So I strum every note, up and down. Anybody else play like this? I guess I should be happy I haven't broken my controller yet.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'd like to know how you guys play GH. Me personally, I've never used hammer-ons or pull-offs. I just couldn't ever grasp it. So I strum every note, up and down. Anybody else play like this? I guess I should be happy I haven't broken my controller yet.[/QUOTE]

Only strum down.. never up, I suppose It would increase my accuracy but I can't get used to it.

I can do every song on GH1 on expert except Breaking wheel, can get to 70%ish and my hand falls off.

I've beaten all but 3 songs on Expert (Cowboys From Hell, Bark at the Moon, and Breaking Wheel), I never strum up (well, sometimes on really fast iterations of the same note, like in Unsung), and I rarely use pull-offs. I can kinda do hammer-ons, but Jesus they're hard to get right in this game....seriously try them in GH2, and you'll feel a big difference.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'd like to know how you guys play GH. Me personally, I've never used hammer-ons or pull-offs. I just couldn't ever grasp it. So I strum every note, up and down. Anybody else play like this? I guess I should be happy I haven't broken my controller yet.[/QUOTE]

I have a tendency to strum down only; it keeps my rhythm more constant than if I went up and down. I'm dreadful at hammer-ons and pull-offs, however, and I can't beat "Cochise" on Expert to unlock the last 10 songs.

I have a feeling that GHII's practice mode will radically improve people's ability to do them, however.

Miserlou makes me weep already; I'll never beat that fucker on expert.

[quote name='Strell']I really, really need you to explain how me calling Gamespot's pathetic attempt to deliver game news somehow the same thing I do.

My guess is that you felt an overwhelming need to be a condescending fuckhat, and delivering an overused Internet insult was the way to do it.

Maybe next time you could hit me with another tired cliche. Like maybe Godwin or Rule 34 me.

Then at least I'd know you weren't the one trick brain damaged pony you are, trying to prove the size of his chickpeas over the intermotron.[/QUOTE]

The last thing I'll say: If you can't see parallels between their smarmy and obnoxioius delivery and your smarmy and obnoxious delivery, then I can't help you. Not in the fucking slightest.

Yeah I only strum down and I can't do HOs or PUs. I am really hoping that practice mode in GH2 will help me to learn these and then I can apply them back to GH1 to beat the last 7 songs on Expert (and play like ANY of the solos on Expert).

[quote name='mykevermin']
The last thing I'll say: If you can't see parallels between their smarmy and obnoxioius delivery and your smarmy and obnoxious delivery, then I can't help you. Not in the fucking slightest.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I do get paid to do this after all.

The kind of desperation you are exhibiting is the sort of thing you hear about in a boy band punk rock song. You know, with a lot of "yeaaaaaaahs" and shit in the lyrics.

Actually, I think it's more like "Wooooooh giirrl/You make my cry the tears/Of winter's frozen reeeeeeeeeeeeegret!"

Not that I, like, know or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back