The Official "We wish JaytheGamefan well in his future endeavors" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PWRshow Pro Wrestling Report
Sheamus defends the US Championship in a pre #WM27 Dark Match. Match was originally advertised as a 1 on 1 match.

Sigh. That's really lame.

And to make it even worse,
The Great Khali ended up winning the Battle Royal to become the new United States Champion.

[quote name='crr_1119']And to make it even worse,
The Great Khali ended up winning the Battle Royal to become the new United States Champion.
[/QUOTE]

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.
Why the fuck do they insist on burying Sheamus?

Ugh.

Also, I never noticed this before, but the new redesign on WWE.com doesn't show who the champions are under Superstars.

Oh wait, apparently there was some confusion. The Great Khali won the match, but the US title was no longer on the line

So I guess that makes it a little better.

Any guess on the curtain jerker since Sheamus/Bryan DM'ed it?

I'm guessing Mysterio/Rhodes.. gotta warm the crowd up.

Also, has anyone heard anything on the Draft? It's usually two or three weeks after Wrestlemania.

[quote name='crr_1119']And to make it even worse,
[/QUOTE]

I decided not to buy WM27 this year because I was disappointed with WM26 and this show didn't look as good as last years. Then I was having second thoughts and was tempted to pull the trigger this afternoon. But I finally decided not to. Now after seeing this, I'm glad I saved my $64.99. Man between WWE and TNA, I don't know who hates their fans the most.

[quote name='crr_1119']I'd guess the 8-man Tag Match. Mysterio/Rhodes would be better to get the crowd going though.[/QUOTE]

The 8 man tag match is going to be the next to last match.

The stage doesn't look as cheap now that everything's lit up, but it still looks bad compared to the stages from other Wrestlemania events. I get what they were going for with the "grandest stage of them all" idea, but still.

That opening reminded me of SNL. That was kinda cool.

[quote name='Scorch']The 8 man tag match is going to be the next to last match.[/QUOTE]

Is it really? What an odd placement for that match.

[quote name='crr_1119']Is it really? What an odd placement for that match.[/QUOTE]

The script that leaked says it's going to be Cole/Lawler, then UT/HHH, then the 8 man tag, then Miz/Cena. It makes sense, though, because if they were to put UT/HHH then Miz/Cena back to back, the crowd would be dead for Miz/Cena. The 8 man tag gives the crowd time to charge up again.

[quote name='neocisco']I hadn't really thought about the entire card until I saw Hydrox's list. That has to be the most underwhelming list of matches I've ever seen. The whole thing is happening just a few miles south of me and I couldn't care less. :shame:
.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='neocisco']Kind of late to be asking but are there any CAG's in town for WM?[/QUOTE]

change your mind already?????

[quote name='steve nash']change your mind already?????[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he would want to have a meetup.. have a round, BS around, etc.

I do like the lighting above the ring..

The Rock said "Wrestle" and the crowd said "mania" three times .. I wonder if that was a direct shot at Vince for wanting wrestlers/announcers to stop saying wrestling?

This is, by far, Rock's worst promo on the mic. Ever.

[quote name='Scorch']Also, has anyone heard anything on the Draft? It's usually two or three weeks after Wrestlemania.[/QUOTE]

1) Of the past five years, how many of them had drafts?

2) Has the draft ever made any fucking sense whatsoever from a writing standpoint, been coherent enough from a "we're presenting a sports product" standpoint, or ever turned into significant differences in any of their programs?

The draft is a farce, and there's zero effort in hiding that fact. It's a skinny mall santa claus.

[quote name='Scorch']They're seriously opening with Edge and Del Rio!??!!?!?

#-o #-o #-o[/QUOTE]

Unfuckin' believable!

I like the draft, no matter how much of a "farce" it is.

For those of you that missed it, there's six or so of us hanging out and talking here.. feel free to join in!

I'm too lazy to look back on my posts, but I'm pretty sure I said at one point that Edge/Del Rio would be early on b/c WWE emphasizes their shows. I wouldn't have guessed it would open, however - I meant early as in "early for a title match at WM" - i.e., 8:30 or so.

I want to see mysteriop disfigured due to that retarded costume. Also, does anyone else feel that maybe cody should wear long leg tights instead of the old man underwaer tights? His long legs make make him look real awkward in the underwear style tights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back