The Official "We wish JaytheGamefan well in his future endeavors" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to work today. Big whoop, right? But something interesting happened. I found these in one of the return carts

DSC00117.jpg

Keep in mind 2 things. I work at Sam's Club. We typically don't get Wal-mart exclusive stuff so I'm guessing they just needed another venue to get rid of this stuff. Also, my particular store didn't even recieve a shipment of these yet. The person bought them at another Sam's 70 miles away. Also, in the middle of that 70 miles in something we like to call New York City. So yeah, this person was that desparate enough to get rid of these terrible terrible things that that they will go 2-4 hours away to return them.

i wonder if HHH/Taker will be allowed to have blood in it... in my opinion they need it... cuz the match its self might be horrible.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
Diary_0402_921.jpg

Diary_0402_935.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Waltman is a hideous human being.

... and did Nash get some Botox to further his *laughs* chances of being used on television..? Also, if he's the biggest guy in the picture, why does he have the tiniest nose?

[quote name='Scorch']As a lifelong HBK fan, it really is sad to see Shawn inducted. He definitely deserves to be in, it just doesn't feel like it's time yet.

Also,

Also, Sunny looked pretty hot last night.

With Natalya @ the HOF
161ksj5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It honestyly took me a secnd to realize who was who in that picture. That moment essentially sums up WWE's women's divison.

I'm still a bit stunned by the hubris of WWE killing off the word wrestling from its lexicon. As if the change to "KFC" suddenly stopped making their chicken fried, or made customers think it wasn't.

Making movies so shitty they don't even deserve to be straight-to-video does not make one a multimedia powerhouse.

Y'ever wonder if Triple H, who is a wrestling person, will be the guy who fixes these sorts of things when McMahon dies?

[quote name='TheRock88']Yup, it's $70 for the HD version. And they wonder why their buyrates are down. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I believe its 54.99 for regular and 59.99 for HD.. (atleast on comcast)

As crazy as it sounds.. A few of us will prob chip in and order it..

Do they show wwe normally at all buffalo wild wings?

I've heard two ideas that Triple H has that have me excited for him to take over - the first, was that he wants to push newer, younger talent. The other is that he actually wants to make the Hall of Fame a physical place, complete with memorabilia from each inductee. It'll mean that much more to everyone that's in it if it's not just a place in Vince McMahon's mind. It would also be really, really cool to visit. From what I've heard, they're looking at buildings in Orlando.

Do they show wwe normally at all buffalo wild wings?

I believe it's at every BWW. Hooters is the one where it's YMMV.

[quote name='Scorch']I've heard two ideas that Triple H has that have me really excited - the first, was that he wants to push newer, younger talent. The other is that he actually wants to make the Hall of Fame a physical place, complete with memorabilia from each inductee. It'll mean that much more to everyone that's in it if it's not just a place in Vince McMahon's mind. It would also be really, really cool to visit. From what I've heard, they're looking at buildings in Orlando.

I believe it's at every BWW. Hooters is the one where it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]

They are actually looking at buildings in Tampa, FL. This is going to happen on Vince's watch, so I'm sure it'll be up and running by next Wrestlemania.

[quote name='HydroX']They are actually looking at buildings in Tampa, FL. This is going to happen on Vince's watch, so I'm sure it'll be up and running by next Wrestlemania.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I read Orlando. I just found another article where they're saying either Orlando or Tampa.

Either way, I'd make the journey. I'm pretty excited that it'll be in the near future.

[quote name='Brak']Waltman is a hideous human being.

... and did Nash get some Botox to further his *laughs* chances of being used on television..? Also, if he's the biggest guy in the picture, why does he have the tiniest nose?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, Waltman exemplifies skeezy.

I wonder how his exchanges with HHH go? Then again, HHH dramatically upgraded after Chyna anyway so what would he care...

[quote name='Scorch']Oh, I read Orlando. I just found another article where they're saying either Orlando or Tampa.

Either way, I'd make the journey. I'm pretty excited that it'll be in the near future.[/QUOTE]

The mayor of Orlando loves the business the WWE brings to the city (see: WM) so it would be dumb of them not to try and rally Vince and Co. to set up shop there. Personally it wouldn't be a bad choice if they're going to keep up the "family"-rated programming, seeing how Disney and a bunch of other kiddy parks are in that area.

I'm gonna miss the MitB match. It was always one of highlights of the last few years of the event, and a great way to get a lot of the mid-cardes onto the show.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I'm gonna miss the MitB match. It was always one of highlights of the last few years of the event, and a great way to get a lot of the mid-cardes onto the show.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. It always felt more special at WM than having it's own PPV.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']MitB also provided for the most unexpected results for any of the Wrestlemanias in recent years.[/QUOTE]
True. never expected Punk to win back to back MitB matches. Never expected him to successfully cash in twice either.

[quote name='guyver2077']I believe its 54.99 for regular and 59.99 for HD.. (atleast on comcast)[/QUOTE]

Indeed - $54.99 for SD or HD on my comcast provider. guess i should have actually checked out the price before crying about it.

That's still a lot for one show.

Uh oh, someone leaked part of the WM27 script out

A copy of the WrestleMania 27 script has leaked and we’ve got details regarding tonight’s broadcast.

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross will call the final four matches at Wrestlemania tonight.

As of the 2pm eastern time script, JR will call the Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole match; the Undertaker vs. Triple H match; the 8-man tag team match; and the show-closing John Cena vs. The Miz (with The Rock’s involvement) WWE Title Match.

Josh Matthews is scheduled to be the host of the show, along with Cole and Lawler, who are (as of this hour) scheduled to host the show until they step into the ring.

That only makes sense, honestly.

Still, I'm not expecting much from a company who won't even call their product "wrestling." There are few greater ways to show embarrassment for what you really are, and disdain for the fans who watch the product.

I'm not ordering it.

[quote name='guyver2077']I believe its 54.99 for regular and 59.99 for HD.. (atleast on comcast)[/QUOTE]

Interesting, mine says its $65.

If you're on Time Warner, you get the special Time Warner PPV package where you pay $54.99 and then the feed goes out halfway through the show. I've gotten that deal many times.

If I didn't have an assload of work today and through next week, I'd consider the HD presentation (at 55, anything more is even more laughable)

Edge/ADR has potential, Triple H/UT has quite a legacy to try to live up to (and I think both guys will try to live up to it), and Cena/Miz could turn very interesting with the presence of the Rock.

Orton/Punk could potentially steal the show depending on how much time they're given and the role Punk plays. I want psycho beard cult leader Punk to show up.

I'm getting pretty pumped for the show. Maybe it's because we're ordering a bunch of pizza and wings, but I think Mania could be good. I think the quality of a lot of the matches is up in the air. They could go either way. I hope they don't rush them like they did last year.

8-man tag right after Taker/HHH and right before Miz/Cena? Wow. Just... wow.

I'm assuming the match order will be something like....

Daniel Bryan/Sheamus
Mysterio/Cody Rhodes
Snooki BS
CM Punk/Orton
Edge/Del Rio
Lawler/Cole
HHH/Taker
8-Man Tag
Miz/Cena (told you that shit was closing the show)

Honestly it has to be one of the first three matches, and it wouldn't surprise me if they opened the fucking show with Edge/Del Rio at this point.

michael-cole-gongs-nxt-o.gif

I don't remember the last time I've been this excited for a PPV. I'm actually ordering the (legit) online stream, because I'm at a hotel right now. Even that's $55.

[quote name='lmz00']I don't remember the last time I've been this excited for a PPV. I'm actually ordering the (legit) online stream, because I'm at a hotel right now. Even that's $55.[/QUOTE]

Yea ive always thought that was BS as well... $55 dollar for a freaking stream.. cmon

No wonder ppl pirate the shit out of it

I hadn't really thought about the entire card until I saw Hydrox's list. That has to be the most underwhelming list of matches I've ever seen. The whole thing is happening just a few miles south of me and I couldn't care less. :shame:

[quote name='JP']Was Vince crying?[/QUOTE]

Yup. He's clearly very sentimental about HBK.

[quote name='BlueSwim']That moment had something that I wish was more present in the WWE; REAL emotion.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

The first shots of HBK being so nervous were refreshing. At first, it almost seemed like the giving of the ring was just a photo op. Vince walks in, someone hands him the ring, he gives it to Shawn, and they turn to the cameras. I was happy to see that the moment was bigger than that.

LOL @ the Rock.. imagine any other WWE guy dropping the F bomb during an interview, they'd be walked out the door. He knows he can get away with that shit, and I applaud him for that.

The stage this year is extremely lame and very uncreative. Wrestlemania deserves better.

rm69m0.jpg

Maybe it'll look better once it's all lit up and everything.

Watching the pre-show now. Pretty excited.

Anyone else planning on chatting while the show goes on?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pimpster4183']LOL @ the Rock.. imagine any other WWE guy dropping the F bomb during an interview, they'd be walked out the door. He knows he can get away with that shit, and I applaud him for that.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, he didn't say he was going to "wrestle" Cena.

Watching at a blast location is usually pretty fun, especially a Hooters restaurant.. You get a nice healthy mix of people who are genuinely entertained and are fully aware that it's scripted, and drunk rednecks who think it's real and will knock your ass out if you so even as THINK about a negative remark towards ol' Stone Cold.

30 minutes left! :whee:

A few more pre-show news and notes:

John Morrison will be debuting a new look tonight.

Snooki said, if offered, she'd sign a WWE contract on the spot.

Pee Wee Herman is at the Georgia Dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back