The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

You know what else pisses me off about this game?

The void underneath Yukari's skirt. I swear, there's nothing there. What a tease. No wonder she doesn't want Stupei to look up while climbing the ladder, lest his eyes get sucked into a black hole.

This is just like VP2.

I say, if you're gonna wear a short skirt and be shy about it, don't wear a short skirt at all.

-_-;

^^ :lol:, I noticed that too. I guess less is more. If you never see a panty shot you'll always be looking for one.

Got my 5.1 Onkyo home theater system up and running with speaker stands, optical out, the whole works. Gonna start play some FES right now. It's been too long.

[quote name='kainzero']You know what else pisses me off about this game?

The void underneath Yukari's skirt. I swear, there's nothing there. What a tease. No wonder she doesn't want Stupei to look up while climbing the ladder, lest his eyes get sucked into a black hole.

This is just like VP2.

I say, if you're gonna wear a short skirt and be shy about it, don't wear a short skirt at all.

-_-;[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pete5883']Took me about 35 hours.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you grinded a lot more than me. What I did was grind less, fight bosses with a low percentage chance of winning more. :lol: I fought one asshole boss like 15 times before winning, though most of those tries I got wiped out the first three rounds. Even so, I don't think such retries added up to 35 hours.

I'm stuck on a boss right now. The good news is I found their weaknesses, bad news is that they evade it 75% of the time so it's hard to get a knockdown.

I fused a Loki with all 4 elemental powers (Agidyne, Bufudyne, Ziodyne, Garudyne) then used cards to boost his magic. He's an absolute monster.

I cant wait until i get my hands on Persona 3. been trying to find it at a reasonable price but it looks like it's going to put a dent in my shallow pocket

Man, finally got into the good part of the game. I was beginning to wonder when it would get good and what everyone was raving about. it was like, go to sleep, go to school, go to sleep, fight tartarus and join clubs and that was it. Why didn't people tell us that it would take a while. It's like FF12 that way. Hopefully the ending will be better than ff12.

I liked the ending to P3. It wasn't too long nor to short. However it still leaves it a little open ended, but that's were FES comes in. Plus the credits and credit music was nice. I felt like I had that sense of completion.

Just beat the boss on floor 36
and boy was it a bitch to beat. kept poisoning my team, battle took longer than it should since MC is the only person that could use dis-poison

Hey guys I'm having some trouble establishing the
empress social link with Mitsuru. I've placed top in at least one of the exams and have maxed out academics, but for some reason she keeps saying she's busy on the days she is available (Tue/Thu/Sat) after school. Please let me know if I'm missing anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, no spoilers please!
Thanks.

if i have never played a jrpg or any good rpg for that matter as far as ps2 goes, what difficulty should i play on. easy or normal, i am hopefully getting fes tomarrow before my haircut at 10am.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Hey guys I'm having some trouble establishing the
empress social link with Mitsuru. I've placed top in at least one of the exams and have maxed out academics, but for some reason she keeps saying she's busy on the days she is available (Tue/Thu/Sat) after school. Please let me know if I'm missing anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, no spoilers please!
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
You can't do it until later in the game.

Beat "The Answer" last night. I don't think that the expansion was all that nessecary. I felt like nothing new came from the story just beat some big nasty boss and save the world again, now we're back to where we were at the end of The Journey.

My new roomie has been watching me play Persona 3 lately. I just finished the 3rd full moon boss, and he has ridiculed my 6 save files, suggesting that was too many. He goes ahead and tell me that he has never had the need to save on any of his final fantasy runs except for when he calls it quits for the day.

This was getting obnoxious, because this power gamer just doesnt know anything about SMT, but feels attracted enough. I explain to him about the turn-press system, and he asks for a save file so he can start playing.

His confidence gets the best of him, and picks hard difficulty. He also skips through all of the dialogue. I know where this is going, and i dearly hope he gets his ass handed to him. Sure enough, death starts chasing him in Floor 5, whipping out yukari and junpei.
He died no less than 6 times. And im having a blast watching. Im glad I was able to teach this guy a lesson. Or at least the game did. Power gamers should die out. Stop and smell the flowers and burn your dread.

^ You can never save enough in a SMT game. I have no shame in saving my game once every 30 minutes. An unexpected Mudo or weakness attack can wipe out the main character and there's no feeling worse than watching the same dialog for a second time thinking, "If I would've just save my fucking game."

^I think pride is in the line here, which is ridiculous, because my roommate is hideous. He is messy when he eats, and is socially inept.
So videogames is probably the only thing he could possibly take pride in. He should save more often, thats how you get the chicks.

this game is pissing me off for the mere fact that the day->night-> morning loading wipes are a majority of the game. If you took the loading wipes away you'd have 40 hours of play time instead of the mandatory 60.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ You can never save enough in a SMT game. I have no shame in saving my game once every 30 minutes. An unexpected Mudo or weakness attack can wipe out the main character and there's no feeling worse than watching the same dialog for a second time thinking, "If I would've just save my fucking game."[/quote]

I just started the answer today and of course had to give one of the purple shadows a try on the second or third floor... Didn't work very well. It's nice to go into battles knowing you may not make it out.

[quote name='sparklecopy']this game is pissing me off for the mere fact that the day->night-> morning loading wipes are a majority of the game. If you took the loading wipes away you'd have 40 hours of play time instead of the mandatory 60.[/quote]

This never got to me. If you think this is bad play Persona 1. The loading times between battles were some of the the worst in RPG history.

[quote name='happy']I just started the answer today and of course had to give one of the purple shadows a try on the second or third floor... Didn't work very well. It's nice to go into battles knowing you may not make it out.[/QUOTE]

I avoided purple shadows throughout all of The Answer.... those bitches are nasty. In the original game I fought them, but in The Answer they're too much of a risk IMO.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I avoided purple shadows throughout all of The Answer.... those bitches are nasty. In the original game I fought them, but in The Answer they're too much of a risk IMO.[/quote]

I generally do too, but I think shadows move faster in the answer and metis seems to get dragged into battles a lot when I try to run past, and then I don't even get the advantage. Also after my first attempt at fighting the second boss (the guy in the wheel that summons two dancers) I realized if I couldn't beat the purple shadow I was never going to have a shot at that.

I had no problems beating the first purple bosses, those snakes who are weak to Hama. I find that Metis in Orgia mode REALLY kicks ass for most normal fights.

I've definitely noticed the harder difficulty, i got killed first time i fought the purple shadow. I went back and re-vamped my approach and am making stronger persona now.

So far I've beat all of the purple enemies (3). The third was surprisingly easy.

Does metis ever learn other spells besides ice and wind (it would be awesome if she got all four)

[quote name='Brian9824']I had no problems beating the first purple bosses, those snakes who are weak to Hama. I find that Metis in Orgia mode REALLY kicks ass for most normal fights.

I've definitely noticed the harder difficulty, i got killed first time i fought the purple shadow. I went back and re-vamped my approach and am making stronger persona now.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize till the final bosses how awesome Metis and Orgia Mode are. :lol:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I didn't realize till the final bosses how awesome Metis and Orgia Mode are. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah so glad i realized that in first fight. I was like HOLY HELL, did she just 1 shot those enemies without using any HP or SP and gets a good 4 turns before she has to rest?

Was Aigis's orgia mode this good in the journey? I think I tried it once and didn't seem to impressed so just ignored it. I have already put it to good use with metis though.

I totally forgot about Orgis Mode until near the end of the Answer. I wish I would've used it sooner cause it works great for bosses (especially on single bosses.) I didn't really touch it in the Journey, again I just completly forgot to use it.

Also did anyone use Fuka's spell that does some random effect? I used it once and it took all my characters HP to 1. I never used it again.

[quote name='Rodimus']I totally forgot about Orgis Mode until near the end of the Answer. I wish I would've used it sooner cause it works great for bosses (especially on single bosses.) I didn't really touch it in the Journey, again I just completly forgot to use it.

Also did anyone use Fuka's spell that does some random effect? I used it once and it took all my characters HP to 1. I never used it again.[/QUOTE]

How exactly do you use "third eye"?

You know whats worse than getting one shot killed? LOSING fuckING POWER WHILE PLAYING. Luckily I wasn't too far into the last door but still, soooo annoying. I'll have to try out Metis's Orgia mode on the next boss battle I have as well as those shadows that don't have any weaknesses (no Metis, don't power charge and then try to marin karin them...)

edit: oracle hasn't dropped my hp to 1 yet, but if it does I'ma be PISSSSED.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']How exactly do you use "third eye"?[/quote]

Is that what it's called? But to answer your question I believe you go into "Support" and pick Fuka. It should be under her menu. I would guess the only time to use it is when you know you're gonna die.... as a last resort.

Please tell me this game gets good. Suffering through this bullshit at the beginning is boring.

I don't give a shit about my charm and academics level. When do I carve some bitches up?

[quote name='Strell']Please tell me this game gets good. Suffering through this bullshit at the beginning is boring.

I don't give a shit about my charm and academics level. When do I carve some bitches up?[/QUOTE]

The way ive enjoyed it is playing a little bit at a time. you need to work on your date sim stats (courage, charm, academics) because (i believe, correct me if im wrong) all they do is let you unlock more social links.
You need to improve the social links to have personas level up as soon as they are created, because its only smart to have personas at a higher level than you (the game wont let you create a persona lvl 31 if you are level 30, but social link experience boost can allow a level 28 persona into a level 32)

So you either grind and fight or socialize and raise your stats. and its a constant cycle back and forth.

When its too late at night, i just save in tartarus because i only feel like fighting when i start my gaming session, not by the end of it.

So to answer your question, you have to talk to the bitches before you get to do the carving.

[quote name='Rodimus']Is that what it's called? But to answer your question I believe you go into "Support" and pick Fuka. It should be under her menu. I would guess the only time to use it is when you know you're gonna die.... as a last resort.[/QUOTE]

I think third eye is her third skill, and the game (fuuka) said that this ability (i couldnt find it in her tactics menu) will tell me what is effective against who.

isnt that what analyze does to begin with?

mother fuuka

update:
i just googled up third eye. not a pleasant search result

Update and some kleenexes later:
i just googled up third eye fuuka and some forums have said that this skill is never actually (de)activated, just that when you select "agi" for example against a fire-null (maybe resistant) enemy, an awesome "red X" shows up to hint you that it will be useless.
Also, allegedly, your teammates wont waste a turn by: using a spell which the enemy is resistant to, fail, and use something else. Instead, they will realize that ______ is ineffective by fuuka's "RED X" and save a turn, and use something else.

I hope that helps.

i just recieved persona 3 se, i bit after i saw it for 24.99 used a gs.com, its amazing, i am hooked, only downside is it only came with the case and disc, i have just learned that social links strengthen my persona, this game is truely epic. it will be the second game in my collection i beat, for some reason i never beat my games.

Edit- i just saved, as i am about to enter the labyrinth time to take a dip in the pool then more p3.

One week later and I've put anywhere from 10-11 hours into this, which is a good amount. Akihiko can now go on Tartarus raids with me.

Finally started to see some of the appeal of the game after 4-5 hours of play. The simulation elements are necessary since they help you make powerful personas, can have other positive repurcussions (getting some items if you do well on tests, etc), and so on. So it makes more sense now. Those first two hours of this game were still incredibly unbearable.

I am disappointed that the game more or less is built on repetition/grinding/raiding. However, it does throw in enough variety that I know I'm still going to see a lot of new and different things.

It's also the master of "just one more" type gaming. Puzzle games tend to do that, or perhaps even Mario games, but this one is kind. Because you'll say to yourself "Alright I want to see what happens when I go meet Kenji on Sunday." And then you decide to play just one more day because that's the deadline for some requests. And then you want to try out the new persona you fused. And then you want to go hunting for Wealth Hands. And then you want to find out what's happening with Yuko.....etc etc etc.

It's weird how effective this set up for a game is to get me to keep playing it A) over time and B) in intervals that I'd like to keep at 1-2 hours, but almost always go on to 3-4.

It does make me feel bad when Kenji wants to hang out, but the Student Council wants me to meet up with them, but really I should study, but really I should go to the shrine...

So, interesting enough so far. I've actually come to enjoy the music and animation more - two things that annoyed the hell out of me when I first started.

[quote name='Strell']One week later and I've put anywhere from 10-11 hours into this, which is a good amount. Akihiko can now go on Tartarus raids with me.

Finally started to see some of the appeal of the game after 4-5 hours of play. The simulation elements are necessary since they help you make powerful personas, can have other positive repurcussions (getting some items if you do well on tests, etc), and so on. So it makes more sense now. Those first two hours of this game were still incredibly unbearable.

I am disappointed that the game more or less is built on repetition/grinding/raiding. However, it does throw in enough variety that I know I'm still going to see a lot of new and different things.

It's also the master of "just one more" type gaming. Puzzle games tend to do that, or perhaps even Mario games, but this one is kind. Because you'll say to yourself "Alright I want to see what happens when I go meet Kenji on Sunday." And then you decide to play just one more day because that's the deadline for some requests. And then you want to try out the new persona you fused. And then you want to go hunting for Wealth Hands. And then you want to find out what's happening with Yuko.....etc etc etc.

It's weird how effective this set up for a game is to get me to keep playing it A) over time and B) in intervals that I'd like to keep at 1-2 hours, but almost always go on to 3-4.

It does make me feel bad when Kenji wants to hang out, but the Student Council wants me to meet up with them, but really I should study, but really I should go to the shrine...

So, interesting enough so far. I've actually come to enjoy the music and animation more - two things that annoyed the hell out of me when I first started.[/QUOTE]

Arent kenji and yuko, like, the "tricycle" social links? those are the ones you start with so you actually get going, then you get down on the nitty gritty ones, like, oh, i dont know. A GANGSTER SHINTO PRIEST

i think yuko is the practice run for dating. I was raised thinking those were blonds

Just got this last weekend for Father's Day, and I'm really looking forward to playing it. I'm trying to finish God of War 2 first, though.

[quote name='Zache']Bought this a couple of days ago on Amazon, should arrive Monday or Tuesday.
Anyone have any tips to give before I begin?[/quote]

Quit your job and sever all relations. When it comes, you can then play unhampered for a good 100+ hours. :D

[quote name='Zache']Bought this a couple of days ago on Amazon, should arrive Monday or Tuesday.
Anyone have any tips to give before I begin?[/quote]

If you plan to beat the game then prepare to set aside 80 hours of you life.

^Or take a long break or two from the game. I put in about 50 hours and was in the 170's in Tartarus when I just got sick of the level grinding. I haven't played the game in about a month, but I do intend to finish the game before the summer ends.

I wish that as you get to higher floors, it doesn't practically demand that you have to level up your characters to prevent being wiped out. I haven't died in a long time after accepting the fact that I have to level grind, something which I usually vehemently oppose. I died a couple times early in the game as I ascended the tower and just gave up trying to plow my way through severely under leveled, ala what I do in most RPGs. Anything that doesn't involve level grinding with this game, however, kicks ass.

bread's done
Back