The "Recommend me games." thread. Let's get this to one star, people! We can do it!

Definitley get Super Mario Galaxy, it's brilliant.

No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, RE4: Wii Edition, and Metriod Prime 3 are also worth looking into. I haven't tried any of the games that use the Zapper so I can't really help you there.

I don't know how long it is since I bought it recently but Mercury Meltdown Revolution is a fun game that goes for $20. RE4, Zack + Wiki, and VC Points were also good suggestions.

Ghost Squad for the gun shell. Nice, cheap, and fun.

If you like Nintendo games. The obligatory Mario, Metroid, Zelda will do fine.

If you want something badass, No More Heroes.

Inherently enjoy Sega games? Sonic and the Secret Rings, Nights Journey of Dreams. Careful though.

Want to zone out and blast things? Geometry Wars.

Want to zone out and explore? Endless Ocean.

Do you have a 360? That could eliminate some choices. I haven't played No More Heroes, but I want to. Super Mario Galaxy plays very well, and so does Zelda. If those are not options and you are willing to wait, just wait for SSBB.

The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return is coming out in 2 months for $30. I imagine that will go well with the perfect shot.

In general, it really doesn't get any better than Super Mario Galaxy. This will be the case until Brawl comes out in a month anyway. ^_^

[quote name='Big Fo']I don't know how long it is since I bought it recently but Mercury Meltdown Revolution is a fun game that goes for $20. RE4, Zack + Wiki, and VC Points were also good suggestions.[/QUOTE]

MMR is even cheaper without tax at Amazon.

I'm playing through it right now, and it's well worth the pricetag. It has a huge number of levels and it's fairly challenging.

[quote name='blackbird3216']i shelled out to play it for the first time. All i can say is that its' super hard.[/quote]
WTF? There was one level in the whole game I consider hard (Tubular), and it's not even required to beat the game.

Never played Super Metroid because I don't have a Classic Controller, but I have no reason to doubt its awesomeness.

You can have loads of fun in battle mode of MK64 (with friends only), but I find the single player lacking compared to Double Dash and DS.

Lost levels is OK, but it's too hard IMO. I'm stuck in world 2 or 3 or 4 castle not knowing what to do.

Smash N64 (when it comes) isn't as good as Melee or (hopefully) Brawl. Definitely not worth $10.

I wholeheartedly recommend SMW only if you've never owned/beat it before and you like platformers. Not worth it if you own it in some other form.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is on the Gamecube game Sonic Mega Collection and you can probably get it on GC for about the same price. It also includes Sonic 1-3 and a few other miscellaneous games.

I recommend using the VC to try things you've never played vs. re-living old memories. I never played Paper Mario, so that was a lot of fun. I've played the hell out of Mario 3, so it was fun for a bit but I have so many other versions of the game that really it was kind of a waste.

[quote name='lilboo']They HAVE to. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't :)[/quote]
A better question is why wouldn't they make it online?

MOH:H2. Great with the Zapper. Long campaigns, great controls. PLUS, a huge rail shooter through the campaign scenes, AND a free online multiplayer mode! Lots of replay value, between missions, modes, difficulties, etc.

[quote name='doubledown']So, do they old sports games hold up at all?
- Punch Out
- Blades of Steel
- Ice Hockey
- Tecmo Bowl (no names apparently)
- Baseball Stars 2
- NES Playaction Football

Not sure what else is there....I still have to buy some VC games.[/QUOTE]

Both Punch out and BS2 are awesome. Don't know about the others.

RD

Honestly, No.

I've played NFS:U1, NFS:U2, NFS: MW and NFS: C and out of all of them, I thought NFS: Most Wanted was the best out of all of them. NFS:U1 came in second because of it's soundtrack.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Honestly, No.

I've played NFS:U1, NFS:U2, NFS: MW and NFS: C and out of all of them, I thought NFS: Most Wanted was the best out of all of them. NFS:U1 came in second because of it's soundtrack.[/quote]

He is right. I might possibley pay 15 for it. Personally that is one of those games I would't want on the wii.

I'm a big sports guy, so I have to highly recommend Baseball Stars 2, Blades of Steel and Tecmo Bowl (although I keep my fingers crossed for Super Tecmo Bowl to hit VC in the future).

Outside of sports, Gunstar Heroes is a game I kinda liked (got it as a gift) and Super Mario Bros. 2 (aka The Lost Levels) should be a no-brainer to buy. I remembered playing it when it was on the SNES All-Stars dealie, but I didn't remember it being as tough as it is. So it's good fun and well worth it.

I really do have to agree with everyone who suggested Mario Galaxy. It's one of the best games I have ever played. Hands down.

But for a more discounted game, check out Zack and Wiki. Its like $30 I believe, and I think its one of the best Wii titles out there

Ocarina of Time
Mario 64
Super Metroid
Kid Icarus
Gunstar Heroes

those are some really good ones. The first three are MUST haves.

i'm going to be the first one to admit I do not own a Nintendo Wii.. the only reason I would get one would be for VC games or Super Mario Galaxy (or a TRUE sequel to Super Mario RPG not a Paper one)

as for VC games.. try any Super Bomberman game.. while they are fun with enormous amounts of people.. they are still entertaining in single player mode.. its like the top down zelda view and the bomb mechanic from that game.. but its just so dang fun... that would be the first one I'd recommend.

if you weren't around for the SNES RPG era.. try some out on the Wii.. Breath Of Fire (I know therse one on the VC which one is it like 2 or 3) is an excellent game and one I would first pick up.

Also, I enjoyed Street Fighter games.. especially if they are < 8 bucks.. spending 50 bucks on the VC is much more bang for your buck then spending 50 dollars on one title. (I only own a 360 and I play the live arcade games way more then the "real" software i have purchased.

as for mario/zelda games.. Personally I would stick to the SNES or NES ones (IMO Mario 3/world > 64 and Link to the Past > any zelda since) so you can't go wrong there.. and if a link to the past is only like 8 bucks you could easily spend 10-20 hours on that game. Super Mario World is equally impressive and deep.

i'm probably the only one here who would recommend the following 2 games but I just love them so much..

Final Fight
Streets of rage

I loved those games they are simple and hold up on mulitple run throughs .. .and sometimes you just want a quick action game and these kinds of games fit the bill for me..

[quote name='ma']If you take GTA3, replace the city with the ocean, the gangsters with sea creatures, and the guns with a camera and fish food, you have Endless Ocean.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, except GTA doesn't have creepy-ass
goblin sharks hiding in the abyss
or jaw-dropping
lost cities

--R.J.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy
No More Heroes
Resident Evil 4: Wii
Super Paper Mario
Fire Emblem
Endless Ocean
Zack & Wiki
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
Metal of Honor Heroes 2

[quote name='Zen Davis']The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy
No More Heroes
Resident Evil 4: Wii
Endless Ocean
Metal of Honor Heroes 2[/quote]

That's my list too.

Sorry about that...
It may have fucked up the flow here but it got rid of the clutter on the forum and this thread will have no problems picking backup where it last left off. If any of you see any other "what game should i buy...etc." threads pop up, feel free to PM me and I'll take care of them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sorry about that...
It may have fucked up the flow here but it got rid of the clutter on the forum and this thread will have no problems picking backup where it last left off. If any of you see any other "what game should i buy...etc." threads pop up, feel free to PM me and I'll take care of them.[/QUOTE]

Haha, sorry, I should have put a smiley, I know you're just doing your job. I had been following both threads, so it was really confusing to open one and find the other. :)

[quote name='ma']Haha, sorry, I should have put a smiley, I know you're just doing your job. I had been following both threads, so it was really confusing to open one and find the other. :)[/quote]

No need to apologize, I didn't take it out of context. :D

Woah, what the hell happened here?

Just so's ya know, Linkin, I'm fine with "Recommend VC Game" threads being left alone. I haven't really added anything in here for that stuff.

[quote name='The Crotch']Woah, what the hell happened here?

Just so's ya know, Linkin, I'm fine with "Recommend VC Game" threads being left alone. I haven't really added anything in here for that stuff.[/quote]

Ok...I'll just move/close the Wii game ones then.

I didn't mind the clatter. What boards have you go to and people were worried about clutter. It's so crammed you can hardly figure out what people are talking about. But I guess a organized thread is better than a comprehensive one. Keep up the "ok" work.

Hey Crotch, you like No More Heroes better than Fire Emblem? Just out of curiosity, what's the third game in your top 3? Zelda? Mario Galaxy?

bread's done
Back