The Road to TNA Victory Road VIII Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='xilly']This thread sure is moving slow in comparison to the last one. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='basilofbkrst']At 2,500

Anywhere in the world for 5k.

Don't think I'll put that much in, but I'll chip in for sure.[/QUOTE]

He was hoping for $32,000 and he's already got $25,000 - pretty incredible. I'm glad I donated when I did, because now, the $100 packages are sold out.

SD stuff -

Loved the Ace recap video showing him doing the Teddy dance. Got kinda sad when it became clear that the warring GM angle means more than the World title. The match was fun, but the finish made no sense - Vickie decided that she had to hold the door for some reason, instead of the ref, and then slammed the door into Swagger's face. Kinda sad to see the legendary WCCW Kerry-Flair cage match finish reduced to a comedy spot. A really long video package from the HBK-HHH deal on Raw aired. it was so long that I had enough time to go to 7-11 and come back with it just finishing up. Loved Drew talking up Johnny, and Booker talking about how goofy stuff like Drew-Hornswoggle are ratings-killers. This was super-short, and I'm glad Drew won - hopefully this is the start of a renewed push for him. Henry-Zeke was short and sweet. They put Henry over as a force in weight lifting, and then he and Zeke just clubbered each other until Henry laid an ass whooping on him. So glad to see Henry get back in this dominant role - he can definitely be salvaged as a main eventer. Henry left this match with a bloody nose and looked like even more of a bad ass.

LOLed @ Ace-Teddy getting a main event intro, Ace's bird legs, and the giant Mr. Excitement sign. Loved Josh saying things "got very real" as the wacky movie monster Kane came down. I liked that for once, the GM angle was a backdrop for something - in this case, the Orton-Kane deal. The downside is that feud continues and the feud has zero momentum. Booker did a terrible Laurinitis impression and then Kofi and Truth faced Epico and Primo. Why are Epico and Primo tag champs? Their ponchos cover up the belts. Truth and Kofi have come up with a variety of double team moves that involve doing as many spins or splits as humanly possible. They make the Young Bucks's offense almost look organic by comparison. Booker of course brought up being in one of the best tag teams of all-time! Good match, and Primo had the best selling for the Paydirt ever.

Rock-Cena Raw recap vid aired. The Cole Sheamus-Bryan interview segued nicely into the 6-man tag. Still not feeling Bryan-Sheamus much, even with the addition of making Bryan a jerk to AJ. Loved Cole pulling a Bischoff and repeating his bad jokes about Show's video since no one responded to them the first time. According to Cole, Orton's career began in Legacy...sure... Cody's apparently surpassed HBK as far as IC title length - not sure I'd be saying that given how little he's accomplished as champ. Loved Cody tagging out instantly so Miz could get killed by Show. Loved Cole's rant after Booker said Miz was a one-hit wonder and MC countered saying that GI BRO WAS A ONE HIT WONDER. Really good main event, and I hope Miz losing leads to him being in the Orton-Kane match. I'd much rather see that than just Orton-Kane on its own. Loved Cole saying Kane and Orton were FIGHTING INTO THE UNIVERSE!

Screens -

IT'S THE IRRESISTIBLE FORCE MEETING THE IMMOVABLE OBJECT

Quotes -
Otunga - PLEASE WELCOME THE BOARD-APPOINTED GM OF RAW, JOHN LAURINITIS!
Ace - HELLO SMACKDOWN! Thank you David for that warm welcome. Teddy never put a cage match, let alone a title cage match, to open SD. I’M GONNA SHOW YA HOW IT’S DONE!
Cole - GET OFF MY TABLE!
Cole - JOHNNY GM 2012! LET’S GO JOHNNY!
Booker - John Larinitis is worried about his job.
Cole - IT’S LAURINITIS!
Booker - Larinitis, gingivitis, whatever.
Booker - SWAGGA BOMB BAYBEE!
Teddy - Johnny, don’t hurt Aksana.
Ace - David, did you hear a please?
Otunga - No.
Ace - I never got an apology for your behavior, did I?
David - No, you didn’t.
Ace - I think we should settle this man to man tonight.
Long - And if I win, Aksana doesn’t face Kane?
Ace - No.
Long - IF I WIN!?
Ace - If you win, playa!
Booker - They gonna fight? THEY 106 YEARS OLD!
Drew - Last week, Teddy Long fired Drew McIntyre, however - I’M HERE - because of one man - MISTER EXCITEMENT - MISTER JOHN LAURINITIS! He had the wisdom and good business sense to know that I’m the future. He’s given me the chance to get my job back if I win my mystery match. BIG JOHNNY, WHO YA GOT FOR ME!?
Booker - We saw Drew on his knees last week because he lost his job.
Cole - Can you blame him? HE LOST HIS JOB!
Otunga - Hold it right there, referee. Khali, have a seat at ringside. Big fella - go, sit down. You’re not in the match. (Hornswoggle comes out)
Booker - The ratings are gonna plummet making matches like this.
Booker - LOOK AT THOSE LEGS!
(Kane comes out)Josh - Things just got very real for Aksana.
Cole - Fill in your Booker T Bingo card.
Josh - I’ve got Bingo five times already.
Booker - I STARTED OUT IN ONE OF THE GREATEST TAG TEAMS IN HISTORY!
Cole - Ebony and Ivory?
Booker - Ebony Experience.
Cole - THE GREATEST GM IN WWE HISTORY - MISTER JOHN LAURINITIS, has granted me an exclusive interview with two men on a collision course for WM. Let’s start with you champ!
Bryan - It’s champ now is it?
Cole - How much can you attribute luck to your success in WWE?
Bryan - I haven’t been lucky - when you’re good, you don’t need luck! It wasn’t luck when I cashed in my MITB contract and became world champion! It wasn’t luck when I defeated Mark Henry and the Big Show in a cage, and it certainly wasn’t luck when I defeated five other superstars in the Elimination Chamber. IT HAS BEEN THE KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION OF SCIENTIFIC WRESTLING! IT HAS BEEN LIVING A CLEAN VEGAN LIFESTYLE THAT KEEPS ME PHYSICALLY FIT. Plus, my charisma, undeniable sex appeal that contributes to all of my success.
Cole - Sheamus, it takes luck to win the Rumble - IT WAS THE LUCK OF THE IRISH!
Sheamus - Everyone needs a bit of luck. I’m proud of where I come from but I’m lucky to be here in the U.S, in the WWE, and I’m damn well sure to be in front of all of you tonight! But I’m also a firm believer that you make yer own luck - which is what I’ve done to fight my way back to the top. Sure, I’ve had some luck, but at least I don’t hide behind a 99 pound little girl who looks like she should wear a Catholic school girl’s uniform.
AJ - From my point of view…
Bryan - AJ Shut up. AJ HAS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MY SUCCESS! IF ANYTHING, SHE’S GOTTEN IN THE WAY - literally, sweetheart.
Sheamus - It’s not AJ who should be wearing the skir t- IT’S YOU! I don’t know why, but I get the idea you’re a whiny wimp! Cuz fella at WM YER LUCK IS GONNA RUN OUT CUZ I’LL BEAT YA FER DA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! (Cody comes out for the 6-man)
Booker - Cody, let’s see ya do work!
Booker - There have been a lot of one hit wonders - Miz could be one of them.
Cole - HE’S IN A SLUMP! AND HE’LL BREAK OUT OF IT SOON! GI BRO WAS A ONE HIT WONDER!
Booker - POWERSLAM WITH A LOT OF JUICE ON IT BABY!
Booker - RANDY ORTON IS DOING THAT BOY!
Cole - THEY’RE FIGHTING INTO THE UNIVERSE!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaytheGamefan']He was hoping for $32,000 and he's already got $25,000 - pretty incredible. I'm glad I donated when I did, because now, the $100 packages are sold out.[/QUOTE]

If you send proof that you donated to Daniel Bryan on twitter he will start following you. That's awesome he is doing that for Nigel. He was only following 19 people before he posted that tweet. Currently following 118 people now.

[quote name='Golden Idol']Smackdown is up.[/QUOTE]

You seem like a nice enough cat. Posting links to streaming sites is really frowned upon (to say the least) here.

Zen Davis should know better.

And fuck you, Jay. I'm tired of scrolling through your bullshit. Welcome to my ignore list. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's "wacky".

Seriously, Jay. You put the quotes in a spoiler tag, you should definitely put those giant pictures in a spoiler tag as well. In fact, put your recap in it's own spoiler tag too. I'm fairly certain most people here would appreciate not having to scroll through those jumbo posts.

[quote name='Scorch']No one's asking you to thumbnail them. We're asking you to hide them in spoiler tags.[/QUOTE]

All I was doing was explaining why they're full-sized, damn. Your wish has been granted.

Oh no. What unspeakable horrors would have happened to this thread had someone continued to recap what's actually happening in wrestling. It's no worse than the usual predictable fare in this thread.

[quote name='davo1224']Oh no. What unspeakable horrors would have happened to this thread had someone continued to recap what's actually happening in wrestling. It's no worse than the usual predictable fare in this thread.[/QUOTE]

This. Not to mention the fucking 2 secs it takes to simply scroll past the post if it bothers people too much.

[quote name='Spyder187']Aww shit.... I am sensing some X-pac heat up in here[/QUOTE]

I'll grab the date-rapist overalls.

ROH on Sinclair Preview:

Scheduled for this weekend's ROH on Sinclair:
Blind Destiny Qualifying matches:

*ROH Television Champion Jay Lethal vs. Kenny King.

*Kevin Steen vs. Adam Cole.

*Michael Elgin vs. Kyle O'Reilly

[quote name='mykevermin']Prince Devitt vs Davey Richards for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title tonight in Japan. God, I wanna see this match live.[/QUOTE]

Wow... will seek this out later. Thanks for the heads up.

edit: Heading out to local indy show tonight. Reminding everyone to support your local indy fed! :)

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']

[/QUOTE]

This may have been one of the most hilarious things I've seen a commentator say or do since Cole tried to act badass by putting one of Cody's bags over him. Simply glorious

Your signature, while hilarious, is way over the size limit.. just a heads up before the mods disable it :)

(The limit is 200x800, 50kb. Yours is 400x313, 8833kb)

- Psycho Sid Vicious no-showed the Pro Wrestling Syndicate show in Rahway, New Jersey last night where he was supposed to face Matt Hardy. It was announced earlier in the night that Sid never got on his plane and would not be appearing. The promoter of the show called Sid in the middle of the ring, on the loud speaker, and left him a voicemail so Sid could hear the fans booing him. The promoter then gave out Sid's personal phone number so they could personally call him.

Hardy went on to face Jay Lethal, who came out impersonating Sid and even cut a promo like him.

Kinda want to see video of this...mostly for Lethal's impression.

I got irritated last night due to nothing being on tv, so I started watching the Undertaker compilation via streaming. So far it really is pretty decent. lots of good classic matches. Hearing some of the commentary, specifically the Heenan/Monsoon combo calling the Hogan/Taker match from Survivor Series really makes todays commentary sound like ass. And not good ass either. More like skanky crack-whore ass that hasn't bathed in 2 weeks ass. Isn't there some kind of school or training they can send the likes of Cole and Booger T to? I mean shit, they make wrasslers spend eons in developement, why not do the same with commentators?

[quote name='Spyder187']I got irritated last night due to nothing being on tv, so I started watching the Undertaker compilation via streaming. So far it really is pretty decent. lots of good classic matches. Hearing some of the commentary, specifically the Heenan/Monsoon combo calling the Hogan/Taker match from Survivor Series really makes todays commentary sound like ass. And not good ass either. More like skanky crack-whore ass that hasn't bathed in 2 weeks ass. Isn't there some kind of school or training they can send the likes of Cole and Booger T to? I mean shit, they make wrasslers spend eons in developement, why not do the same with commentators?[/QUOTE]

Cole is by far the most damaging commentator there's ever been in wrestling. I was watching some AWA on ESPN Classics last week and while Lee Marshall and Bischoff were God-awful (and Bischoff had grey hair even then), they at least put every guy over in the ring like he was either a star or a rising star, and the world title was THE most important thing. Now, you've got Cole burying everyone on TV, making them seem like far less than they are - which is not when you want to do when the industry is in a down cycle and the perception is already there that things aren't as good as they used to be.

Beyond Hart-Austin on Youtube, they've also relaunched WWEClassics.com as WWEGreatestMatches.com - it's a free site now.

Here's Flair-Steamboat from the Chi-Town Rumble -
http://www.wwe.com/videos/chi-town-rumble-ric-flair-vs-ricky-the-dragon-steamboat-2201989-25058783

Yeah, Cole does exactly the opposite of what commentators are supposed to do. I said it a few weeks ago but it's like he never watched wrestling before he started working in wrestling, so he has no frame of reference in regards to what his job actually is.

It would be like getting hired as a janitor without knowing that you were going to be cleaning stuff. You'd just ride the floor buffer up and down the halls, thinking that "janitor" actually means, "race the floor buffer".

:lol: I like that analogy.

I've said it many times before but Michael Cole is the primary reason I don't watch WWE anymore. Being the lead commentator his presence infests the entire broadcast like a cancer and I won't spend 2 hours being annoyed by his inane banter. If it were just a couple of wrestlers I could skip their segments but he's their ALL. THE. TIME. :puke:

[quote name='Halo05']Yeah, Cole does exactly the opposite of what commentators are supposed to do. I said it a few weeks ago but it's like he never watched wrestling before he started working in wrestling, so he has no frame of reference in regards to what his job actually is.[/QUOTE]

Nail on head. Heel PBP is a magical blend of heel color and neutral PBP. I imagine Jesse Ventura in the spot of where I believe Cole needs to be: take the potshots at faces but give them begrudging credit when something was effective. Cole just doesn't do the latter enough and overcompensates with the former.

[quote name='Spyder187'] Hearing some of the commentary, specifically the Heenan/Monsoon combo calling the Hogan/Taker match from Survivor Series really makes todays commentary sound like ass.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, that's like comparing a steak dinner to a bologna sandwich. It's no secret that Heenan and Monsoon, in my opinion, are the greatest commentary team of all time, and as Gorilla would say, Michael Cole doesn't know a wristlock from a wristwatch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIaokn1kbg8

[quote name='Spyder187']
bookerpyrofail.gif

This is damn hilarious. Which game did you get this from?[/QUOTE]
Was that a Booker T. blowup doll?

Uh...what?

That is a rough initiation.

[quote name='Brak']Was that a Booker T. blowup doll?[/QUOTE]

*groans*

[quote name='neocisco']

Uh...what?

That is a rough initiation.[/QUOTE]

Ironic isnt it? You know, since we are so used to Bischoff doing the screwin'

In more entertaining news, Joseph Parks has set up a twitter account to aid him on his search for his brother, Chris parks Some of the replies are absolutely hilarious. Be sure to follow and tweet him!
Joseph Park
@JOSEPHPARK_esq

[quote name='Spyder187']Ironic isnt it? You know, since we are so used to Bischoff doing the screwin'[/QUOTE]

He's making him humble.

Yeah, the fact that he was in the main event this past week was really annoying. Eric's nepotism vanity project is working my last nerve. I've been enjoying Impact with the exception of the Bischoff megapush segments. There has been plenty said about Russo but I don't consider it a coincidence that pretty much the same time he leaves we get Garrettpalooza.

A friend and I were thinking of going tonight. For the first time I can remember, none of the scalper sites had tickets for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back