The Sixth Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Time For Our Brackets to Fall Apart

Joined-

Bracket Name- The greatest bracket ever!
Yahoo user id- WlaneVT

Last Year: 13th/500 for 96% correct (generic user group last year, 1st time doing the cag pool)

Anyone know a site with the TV schedule for your station? Went on TVguide.com but they just have a generic TV spot listing.

Alright, I'm in under rothgar24. After picking a dreadful bracket last year, I want to go with my heart and let Gonzaga go to the final four ... a very low probability event but it would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went through for a final check and only had to boot one person that I couldn't find any links to a CAG here. If that's you, feel free to get back in before the game's start and post here so I know it's you.

A few others got lucky that I noticed that they were in a previous year's contest, so I found them through the old threads.

[quote name='Josh5890']I honestly don't mind if my bracket blows because a #1 or #2 seed loses in the first round. That would be really sweet.[/QUOTE]

Myself, call me crazy, but if a #1 would lose in the first round, before the tourney, my prediction would have been Syracuse.

And 36 people picked Old Dominion to get an early lead in first place with one point.

Florida/BYU is now in overtime after some extensive analysis of the time out motion of a BYU player.

I'm in a pool where every game in the tourny is in play. You get two numbers and if they match up you win money. My numbers are 7 for the winner and 5 for the loser meaning if the final score is 67-65, 77-75, 87-65, ect. I win money. So when it was 75-75 with 10 seconds left, I was on my feet.

I do. Nova might work out for me, but BYU beating Florida and ODU beating Notre Dame hurt. Luckily I didn't have either getting past the second round.

how do i log in to look at the brackets? i tried using the pass and id that i used to put my brackets in but it doesnt work?

That guy in the Nova game was flipping retarded. When they're going to foul you, you can't just hold on to the ball hoping to run time off the clock. Not going to happen. You take the 2 points and make it a 5 point game. I only have Nova going to the sweet 16 (losing to Baylor), but I really thought that move was going to bite them in the ass.

Also, hooray for BYU + Old Dom. Looking good so far, but I'm sure Syracuse will screw me over somewhere. They do every year.

[quote name='JStryke']That guy in the Nova game was flipping retarded. When they're going to foul you, you can't just hold on to the ball hoping to run time off the clock. Not going to happen. You take the 2 points and make it a 5 point game. I only have Nova going to the sweet 16 (losing to Baylor), but I really thought that move was going to bite them in the ass.

Also, hooray for BYU + Old Dom. Looking good so far, but I'm sure Syracuse will screw me over somewhere. They do every year.[/QUOTE]

He broke one of the biggest rules, taking points away from his team. He is VERY lucky that they didn't blow the lead. Still a great game by Robert Morris. I was rooting for them all the way.

Agreed. As for Robert Morris, so was I. But I don't know if that's more because of them being the underdog or because my dad has Villanova going all the way to the Championship (losing to Kansas iirc)

[quote name='JStryke']Agreed. As for Robert Morris, so was I. But I don't know if that's more because of them being the underdog or because my dad has Villanova going all the way to the Championship (losing to Kansas iirc)[/QUOTE]

Villanova in the campionship game o_0

Yeah, that's what I thought too. At least Syracuse makes more sense (in my opinion). With the exception of Kansas (who I have beating them), when making my bracket, I couldn't really find anybody I wanted to pick over Syracuse, even though I don't have faith in them with them losing their last two games (the one being in the first round of their conference tournament).

bread's done
Back