The Sixth Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Time For Our Brackets to Fall Apart

Final buzzer shot. Good first day so far. Good thing I had Vandy losing to I think it was Utep, so doesn't hurt me too much. :D

Still at work, so I haven't seen any games, but I am 3 for 4. Never would have chosen Vanderbilt to lose that match up.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Here's hoping BYU gets to SLC, I think they could be bracket busters if they make it to the Sweet 16. I think I have them beating K State.[/QUOTE]Agreed and me, too.

4 of 5 myself. Checked the rest of my bracket though. I so do not remember picking Xavier over Pitt. I wonder if I accidentally bumped my mouse or not. Wouldn't be the first time (laptop).

[quote name='JStryke']4 of 5 myself. Checked the rest of my bracket though. I so do not remember picking Xavier over Pitt. I wonder if I accidentally bumped my mouse or not. Wouldn't be the first time (laptop).[/QUOTE]

Actually I made an 11th hour change and picked Xavier over Pitt. So we'll see...

[quote name='OddLogik']well my bracket is doing terrible and were only 7 games in.[/QUOTE]Me too. I had both Vandy and Notre Dame in my Elite 8. Nothing like having your bracket go up in flames 5 minutes after the tournament starts. :lol:

Not entirely bad so far, 5 of 8 (got Murray State right :applause:, but Notre, Florida, and Rich wrong :bomb:). However, I just had a little fun with the scenario feature and found that if Michigan State wins the championship, I automatically win. But, this is unlikely yet possible.

[quote name='hockey0707']I'm hoping Georgetown can come back and win this. I had them going pretty far in. They're down by 11 right now doh![/QUOTE]

You said it, I've got G-town in the Elite 8

I think I'm officially eliminated with Georgetown's lost. I believe I went with them versus UK in the final game. Only shot is everything else playing out like I picked.

Hahaha Ohio. That's 1+ for me! Not that the rest of my bracket did anything...

EDIT : The Ohio game pretty much moved me from 117th place to 39th. What? No love for the team who hadn't won a NCAA championship game in 45 years?

7 of 11 so far, so not too bad. Lost Georgetown, UTEP (two of my sweet 16), UNLV, Vandy. And if Marquette holds their lead (10 minutes to go), I'll go 8 for 12. So decent first day with minimal damage on my end.

For my random bracket, 4 of 11 with Washington over Marquette. Correct 'picks' were Kentucky, Ohio, Butler, Nova.

God dammit, I'm in last. :( Kinda weird that I'm in second in my other league (same bracket) by one game, but everyone else here has 9/12.

12 of 16 is perfectly acceptable for me. Worst loss was Georgetown, and I only had them going to the Sweet 16. I'll live. A lot of great games, brackets or no brackets.

Lost the Wake Forest game in the late matchups. Forget that there were more late, but I needed my prework nap. 10 of 16. Not as good as it looked earlier, that's for sure.

12/16 is probably the best I've done on day one in a while. Nova scared the crap out of me...and well, Georgetown is still Georgetown.

My worst first day ever, I think. 8/16. But I only lost 1 sweet 16 team at least (UTEP).

Texas had no business losing that game after being up 8 in OT. Make a damn free throw, seriously.

Yahoo needs to add an option so I can lock down the group so nobody else can sign up. There are some alternate means to that, but I'd rather just have that option.

Wisconsin's not looking too good against Wofford right now.

My two "big" upsets (UTEP and Siena) both went the same way: leading at halftime(teasing me), then didn't score shit for about the first 10 mins of the 2nd half. I believe after 8 mins in the 2nd half UTEP had scored 4 and Siena had scored 3. WTF did those guys do in the locker room?

15/24 so far, but Georgetown and Marquette losing hurts big since I had them Elite 8 (why in God's name I thought Marquette would get past WVU, I don't know). I'm looking better now than I was this morning (I was #135, and now I'm #80).

I have no perfect bracket. Closest is the south where I only missed Siena. 20 of 28, ranked 33. All in all, not too shabby. 3 behind the leaders, and higher possible points than all of them. No additional losses (other than UTEP / Georgetown from yesterday) from my sweet 16 either.

Ouch, took a hit yesterday.

I'm in 14th now, but as I've only lost one Sweet 16 team (Georgetown), I've still got more potential points at 182 than 7 of the top 10 players. I'll remain optimistic.

bread's done
Back