The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='walkonshadows']1.6? Weren't you in Beta, like 3 days ago?!?! Get some sleep man![/QUOTE]

Sleep is overrated. Why sleep when you can code?

It also goes to show you that these changes could have EASILY been implemented by Valve, in probably MUCH less time than it's taken me even.

After deleting ans reinstalling sleeping dogs, it will now no longer even get past the first screen that shows up when I press play, even at sub 5$ price tag this game is starting to become an annoying piece of garbage.

[quote name='walkonshadows']1.6? Weren't you in Beta, like 3 days ago?!?! Get some sleep man![/QUOTE]
He's fucking Ronon Dex, man! He doesn't need sleep!

Also, completely random, but I've found that the multiplayer crowd in Black Ops 2 isn't actually that bad. Not a whole lot of text chat, naturally, and not many people playing randomly with their headsets on, but it's pretty common to exchange "gg"s at the end of matches. Of course there's always frustration when a team is camping, but that's natural with Call of Derpies.

Now, jump on over to MW3, and it's just a bunch of fxcktard hackers.

When I saw the ipad originally I thought it was the dumbest invention ever. I thought of it as an oversized iPhone.

Then I used it and somehow it just clicked. I thought of reading comics and manga, browsing websites quickly, responding to email faster than on a phone without having to commit to powering up a pc. Maybe it's not for everyone but it has become so integrated into how I access media and Internet that I can't really imagine not having it.

I think part of it is just about your lifestyle. I come home from work and working on servers all day and I don't want to sit at a desk. I usually make dinner with my wife, spend time and watch some tv with her and when I have time and no other obligations fit in some gaming after that. The ipad allows me to still be connected but not have the obligation and intrusion a computer presents. I use it for a minute and set it aside. I don't worry about heat, airflow, wires, battery, etc.

If I was still a student living in a dorm and I came home and lived at my desk it wouldn't make much sense. It's just how you live your life.

[quote name='Therapy']I just finished episode 2 of The Walking Dead. Man that game is... horribly awesome!

Especially
the part in the barn was sick, although somewhat predictable from the moment they got suspicious
[/QUOTE]
Im hating the limited camera angle, clunky movement and loss of control. But I guess thats what it is. Story is getting better. I'd never choose it as GOTY though

[quote name='jshackles']Enhanced Steam is now up to v1.6 which includes the Community Events in the Group Overview page.

You can also turn this off (if you want to) by Going to Extensions -> Enhanced Steam -> Options -> Community and changing "Show Events on Group Overview:" to "No".[/QUOTE]

Tested it by creating a new event. Works like a charm.

[quote name='Larce80']Im hating the limited camera angle, clunky movement and loss of control. But I guess thats what it is. Story is getting better. I'd never choose it as GOTY though[/QUOTE]

I'd say story of the year but not best game. My favorite game so far is Borderlands 2 but Dishonored is pretty fun too.

[quote name='aus_nacht']I'd say story of the year but not best game. My favorite game so far is Borderlands 2 but Dishonored is pretty fun too.[/QUOTE]

I can never do game of the year, cause I never have enough time to finish all the games released in a single year. My best game played last year is probably Dishonored, with The Darkness II coming in a very close second.

Edit: Last year, not this year.

[quote name='Broken Cage']I can never do game of the year, cause I never have enough time to finish all the games released in a single year. My best game played last year is probably Dishonored, with The Darkness II coming in a very close second.

Edit: Last year, not this year.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm right there with you. I still haven't played Journey which was ign's game of the year.

[quote name='hal']Borderlands 2 - 5 Golden Keys:
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF[/QUOTE]
Is there any way to get these without having Borderlands 2 installed?

FYI Regarding Cities in Motion DLC.

For some reason Cities in Motion: London is not included in the DLC list on the store page for the game (where you click "add all DLC to Cart" yet it is present in the "Collection". It was mistakenly left out however, as it's not exclusive to the collection and it's separate store page and can be accessed from the collection page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206720/

Not that your buying it now, but something to make note of, or wishlist separately.

[quote name='Broken Cage']I can never do game of the year, cause I never have enough time to finish all the games released in a single year. My best game played last year is probably Dishonored, with The Darkness II coming in a very close second.

Edit: Last year, not this year.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I can't do game of the year either. Because by being a cheapass, my game of the year is probably something that came out 4 or more years ago. :lol:

[quote name='walkonshadows']Meow!

Isn't that the exact same comtroller Steam uses to advertise their Big Picture mode?! o_O[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's the Logitech F710 (wireless, Xinput[360] & DirectInput[older]).

[quote name='pROvIs']When I saw the ipad originally I thought it was the dumbest invention ever. I thought of it as an oversized iPhone.

Then I used it and somehow it just clicked. I thought of reading comics and manga, browsing websites quickly, responding to email faster than on a phone without having to commit to powering up a pc. Maybe it's not for everyone but it has become so integrated into how I access media and Internet that I can't really imagine not having it.

I think part of it is just about your lifestyle. I come home from work and working on servers all day and I don't want to sit at a desk. I usually make dinner with my wife, spend time and watch some tv with her and when I have time and no other obligations fit in some gaming after that. The ipad allows me to still be connected but not have the obligation and intrusion a computer presents. I use it for a minute and set it aside. I don't worry about heat, airflow, wires, battery, etc.

If I was still a student living in a dorm and I came home and lived at my desk it wouldn't make much sense. It's just how you live your life.[/QUOTE]

I have a Nexus 7 and had a CM7'd Nook Color before. 7" tablets are nice, not necessary, but nice. My N900 (smartphone mobile computer) is over three years old now (and I"m not replacing it until I can get another linuxphone, thankfully Ubuntuphone is on the horizon), so it's nice to have something to supplement it. 7" is a nice companion nice for looking up/referring to stuff in class, and fits in my purse when I don't want to carry my Macbook Air. I use it mostly for occasional web browsing, book/papers/notes reference (I scan all my handwritten notes). Occasional use for steaming something to watch from my desktop before sleep.

[quote name='Detruire']Is there any way to get these without having Borderlands 2 installed?[/QUOTE]

Login to a friend's machine who has it installed.

[quote name='asheskitty']Login to a friend's machine who has it installed.[/QUOTE]
I always did that for my friend, and the last time I did that, it didn't work for him. As in, the keys showed when I was logged into his account on my PC, but when he logged in on his PC the keys weren't there. He also tried using the codes on his PC and they came up as already used.

So while this SHOULD work, and has worked, seems like it doesn't always work, or a recent update messed this method up.

[quote name='Detruire']Is there any way to get these without having Borderlands 2 installed?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no :(

I uninstalled a few weeks back and have been missing out. Might need to reinstall.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Nope.[/QUOTE]
Bah.

[quote name='asheskitty']Login to a friend's machine who has it installed.[/QUOTE]
I don't have any.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Unfortunately, no :(

I uninstalled a few weeks back and have been missing out. Might need to reinstall.[/QUOTE]
I haven't got my desktop set up yet, and by time that I do + have downloaded the game the code will probably have expired. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Idiotekque']Doom Rails GOTY.[/QUOTE]

This may be a dumb question, but why are you sitting on 100 copies of Hotline Miami?

[quote name='Eldredpe']This may be a dumb question, but why are you sitting on 100 copies of Hotline Miami?[/QUOTE]
guess you missed it on the 'free' price tag?

[quote name='aus_nacht']Oh I'm right there with you. I still haven't played Journey which was ign's game of the year.[/QUOTE]
I still have to buy Journey sadly.

Hell I still have to play Torchlight II, Binary Domain, Ass Creed III, Max Payne 3 (don't own Ass Creed or Max Payne), Darksiders 2, Lego Batman 2, Prototype 2, finish Darkness 2, acutually get a long game going in XCOM, finish Walking Dead. All that is considering I don't go back into Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Far Cry 3.

So yeah.... I still have a lot of gaming to play and that's just 2012 releases for Steam :lol:.

[quote name='TheLongshot']There's a market for things that just work, that you don't have to fiddle around with.[/QUOTE]

There are those of us(by us I mean me) who want to be part of the master gaming race, but aren't savvy with computers. I love PC gaming prices, but I'm a Plebeian when it comes to operating a computer. I've never installed a mod. I don't know how to download patches. I just recently found out what FPS was when I was streaming a football game and my friend told me to shut down other programs so the picture wouldn't stutter. So, if I could get a box that let me play games without all the headaches that come with PC gaming, but with PC gaming prices and graphics I'd be happy.

[quote name='Eldredpe']This may be a dumb question, but why are you sitting on 100 copies of Hotline Miami?[/QUOTE]
Woops, sorry it's actually 106. I should fix that.

[quote name='Larce80']guess you missed it on the 'free' price tag?[/QUOTE]

Still seems like and arduous process (or could you have checked them all out in one transaction?) and assumes having 100 5$ credits.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Still seems like and arduous process (or could you have checked them all out in one transaction?) and assumes having 100 5$ credits.[/QUOTE]

He's just trolling =P

Just finished playing thru KOTOR 1. Not as good as I remembered it being back when it first came out and I played it. Plus the game randomly crashed and minimized at times. Altogether I probably got about 10 crashes. Still worth the $2.50 I paid for it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I still have to buy Journey sadly.

Hell I still have to play Torchlight II, Binary Domain, Ass Creed III, Max Payne 3 (don't own Ass Creed or Max Payne), Darksiders 2, Lego Batman 2, Prototype 2, finish Darkness 2, acutually get a long game going in XCOM, finish Walking Dead. All that is considering I don't go back into Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Far Cry 3.

So yeah.... I still have a lot of gaming to play and that's just 2012 releases for Steam :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I've only finished Max Payne 3 and Darkness 2 from that list. I haven't touched Far Cry 3, and off the top of my head: Syndicate, Asura's Wrath, Sleeping Dogs, Spec Ops: The Line, and Legend of Grimrock are sitting on the 2012 stack... I've been playing Civ 5 for 30 hours a week.

[quote name='DPsycho']My GotY for 2012 is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. Now if only they'd bundle the DLC...[/QUOTE]

Out of everything that's come out this year, this is probably the game I've put the most time into. My 3DS says that I put around 55 hours into it. I loved it but really felt like the DLC fell a bit flat.

[quote name='sunasun']Bioshock Infinite X 34
$6.66[/QUOTE]

Wow, it's on GamersGate right now! Hurry up everybody!

[quote name='jshackles']Enhanced Steam is now up to v1.6 which includes the Community Events in the Group Overview page.

You can also turn this off (if you want to) by Going to Extensions -> Enhanced Steam -> Options -> Community and changing "Show Events on Group Overview:" to "No".[/QUOTE]

Hi,

1. This is really good.

2. Do you have a Tip Jar somewhere?

3. Might be just me, but a couple of things I've noticed don't seem quite right.

On the main page "NEW RELEASES and TOP SELLERS" listings, the first 10 items highlight if I own/wishlist them, but the subsequent pages/games don't.

The same thing happens on the "Featured partners --> Game Publisher Catalogs --> Game listing pages".

I own Fallout 3, and it never shows up highlighed on any list.

4. This is really good. Thanks for creating it.

[quote name='soulkyo']where is that? It shows 59.95$ for me.[/QUOTE]

It's not on sale. Sorry, we're just horrible people. :lol:

[quote name='Blade']It's not on sale. Sorry, we're just horrible people. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol. After getting my refund in blue coins, I want revenge :hot:

[quote name='bill22']2. Do you have a Tip Jar somewhere?
[/QUOTE]

Chrome > Tools > Extensions > Enhanced Steam - Options (link) > Donate

chrome://chrome/extensions/ > Enhanced Steam - Options (link) > Donate

jshackles, don't look at this spoiler—scout's honor
Also, I'm passing the hat for a collective thank-you: drop me a PM or find me on Steam.

[quote name='bill22']Hi,

1. This is really good.

2. Do you have a Tip Jar somewhere?

3. Might be just me, but a couple of things I've noticed don't seem quite right.

On the main page "NEW RELEASES and TOP SELLERS" listings, the first 10 items highlight if I own/wishlist them, but the subsequent pages/games don't.

The same thing happens on the "Featured partners --> Game Publisher Catalogs --> Game listing pages".

I own Fallout 3, and it never shows up highlighed on any list.

4. This is really good. Thanks for creating it.[/QUOTE]

1. Thanks!

2. There is a "Donate" tab in the extension options. :)

3. Anything that Steam loads via script (usually done with their "in place scrolling") doesn't kick off the extension. I've been looking into it but so far haven't come up with a solid way of detecting / fixing it yet. Working on it though! Also with Fallout 3, do you own the GOTY edition? There are two Steam entries for Fallout 3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22300/

and

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22370/

It's possible, neigh likely, that you own one and not the other. Whichever one you own should highlight correctly as owned. For whatever reason, the people on Steam who own the GoTY edition don't automatically own the regular edition or it's DLC. This isn't really something my extension can fix.

4. Thanks and you're welcome! :)

[quote name='jshackles']1. Thanks!

2. There is a "Donate" tab in the extension options. :)

3. Anything that Steam loads via script (usually done with their "in place scrolling") doesn't kick off the extension. I've been looking into it but so far haven't come up with a solid way of detecting / fixing it yet. Working on it though! Also with Fallout 3, do you own the GOTY edition? There are two Steam entries for Fallout 3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22300/

and

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22370/

It's possible, neigh likely, that you own one and not the other. Whichever one you own should highlight correctly as owned. For whatever reason, the people on Steam who own the GoTY edition don't automatically own the regular edition or it's DLC. This isn't really something my extension can fix.

4. Thanks and you're welcome! :)[/QUOTE]

Now everyone knows I'm not much of a Chrome guy!

Mysteries solved.

I just emailed you a Amazon steam code for The Walking Dead. Let me know if it arrives ok. It's a great game. I hope you enjoy it.

[quote name='bill22']Now everyone knows I'm not much of a Chrome guy!

Mysteries solved.

I just emailed you a Amazon steam code for The Walking Dead. Let me know if it arrives ok. It's a great game. I hope you enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have time to play games. He has to code!

Deal question!

I watched the trailer for The Cave and I've talked myself into wanting it.

I see that it's £7.99 at GMG if I use the 20% off coupon, but buying through Steam gives three - THREE - "exclusive" TF2 items. This sorta swings it for me.

So here's the question: if I buy at GMG will I or won't I get the items? (If you are really asking whether or not I'm willing to pay the price of a pint to get three pieces of digital clothing then the item is YES)

[quote name='Flowette']Deal question!

I watched the trailer for The Cave and I've talked myself into wanting it.

I see that it's £7.99 at GMG if I use the 20% off coupon, but buying through Steam gives three - THREE - "exclusive" TF2 items. This sorta swings it for me.

So here's the question: if I buy at GMG will I or won't I get the items? (If you are really asking whether or not I'm willing to pay the price of a pint to get three pieces of digital clothing then the item is YES)[/QUOTE]

If it's not listed on GMG then most of the time not. There's been an exception once or twice I think, but a lot of cases where you simply didn't get it. Basically the only thing you're guaranteed to get, are the bonuses listed on the GMG page.

[quote name='Pheace']If it's not listed on GMG then most of the time not. There's been an exception once or twice I think, but a lot of cases where you simply didn't get it. Basically the only thing you're guaranteed to get, are the bonuses listed on the GMG page.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply :) I'm still pretty new to GMG and pre-orders in general but The Cave has really caught my eye.

Will sleep on it.

On TWD

[quote name='Larce80']Im hating the limited camera angle, clunky movement and loss of control. But I guess thats what it is. Story is getting better. I'd never choose it as GOTY though[/QUOTE]

True. The story is top notch but the controls and limited camera angles can get tiresome. I especially hated the part
where Brenda was holding Katjaa hostage. It took me ages to finish that part as I could not find the dialogue thingy after walking forward and kept being shot in the face.

But I like it a lot. Especially since I can just play it inbetween study hours for a bit as a "reward" :p it saves quite regularly so I'm not worried I have to redo a huge chunk if I decide to quit.

[quote name='Flowette']Thanks for the reply :) I'm still pretty new to GMG and pre-orders in general but The Cave has really caught my eye.

Will sleep on it.[/QUOTE]
Be aware that GMG don't do pre-orders - they do pre-purchases. Slightly different. ;)

[quote name='PenguinJim']Be aware that GMG don't do pre-orders - they do pre-purchases. Slightly different. ;)[/QUOTE]

Aha! 10 points to PenguinJim. :D

Please feel free to remind me of this conversation when I ask the same question about Monaco (due for release in March) in a month a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back