The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Captain Urahara']No way. They HAVE to have seen Good Times.

:drool:[/QUOTE]

This would make me feel so much less inadequate if you hadn't established not 25 minutes ago that we're the same age.

EDIT: BGCQ chatroom is awfully lonely...

[quote name='Mooby']Next thing you know, you people will be telling me you never saw Good Times:
[/QUOTE]

Of course he has seen that Carly Rae Jepsen video, DUH.

[quote name='Eldredpe']This would make me feel so much less inadequate if you hadn't established not 25 minutes ago that we're the same age.[/QUOTE]

It just blows me away. I forget that not everybody has seen what I've seen . . . even though they should ;)

[quote name='Eldredpe']This would make me feel so much less inadequate if you hadn't established not 25 minutes ago that we're the same age.

EDIT: BGCQ chatroom is awfully lonely...[/QUOTE]

Too late for me. I'm about to shut down. However, I think you may be on to something, and it's probably worth trying during the sale to keep things in here strictly game-related. Hell, we have discussion board functionality there, too. On the plus side, giveaways should start picking up, so more people should be around.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']It just blows me away. I forget that not everybody has seen what I've seen . . . even though they should ;)[/QUOTE]

I don't think anybody should have to see the things you've seen. ;)

[quote name='captain urahara']they should if they're just that good ;)[/quote]

I WANT THE NIGHTMARES TO STOP!

So it turns out that the board will automatically change an all-caps post to all lowercase. This spoiler is to get around that restriction in the name of a dumb joke. ;)

[quote name='deviousnaraku']so did anyone get my other code?[/QUOTE]

I tried. Already owned. And I couldn't even click through to see what it was, which means I have it installed....King's Bounty, maybe? Or did I just admit to having Bad Rats installed?

[quote name='gilby']I tried. Already owned. And I couldn't even click through to see what it was, which means I have it installed....King's Bounty, maybe? Or did I just admit to having Bad Rats installed?[/QUOTE]

It was Metro.

[quote name='Tsel']Is it time to open presents yet?[/QUOTE]

No, unless you mean by presents Gamersgate daily deals in which case you are more likely to get a lump of coal than anything.

Since this is all OT anyway, I just talked to a woman I used to date until last year. She messaged me on FB and said "I cherish you a lot as a friend" so I said meh and added her back. We talked about computers, Steam, and a few games, then I see her post "I miss you and my other ex boyfriend" on the news feed to someone else. So I message her and say, "Aww, that was sweet, why don't you ever say you miss me?" Then her immediate response is "Because I don't" then "KIDDING!" then "I do" followed by ":)" and finally "But I have to go to bed, have a good night!"

Is it wrong of me to think she's a super bitch? :lol: You guys have to know me irl to see how many turds I attract.

got the steam app installed on my new phone just in case :joystick:

edit: hmm to close it you have to "force stop" or it just stays open. thats a bit shady

edit2: oh just go options - exit application

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']Since this is all OT anyway, I just talked to a woman I used to date until last year. She messaged me on FB and said "I cherish you a lot as a friend" so I said meh and added her back. We talked about computers, Steam, and a few games, then I see her post "I miss you and my other ex boyfriend" on the news feed to someone else. So I message her and say, "Aww, that was sweet, why don't you ever say you miss me?" Then her immediate response is "Because I don't" then "KIDDING!" then "I do" followed by ":)" and finally "But I have to go to bed, have a good night!"

Is it wrong of me to think she's a super bitch? :lol: You guys have to know me irl to see how many turds I attract.[/QUOTE]
She's a bitch, dw.

[quote name='Blade']Since this is all OT anyway, I just talked to a woman I used to date until last year. She messaged me on FB and said "I cherish you a lot as a friend" so I said meh and added her back. We talked about computers, Steam, and a few games, then I see her post "I miss you and my other ex boyfriend" on the news feed to someone else. So I message her and say, "Aww, that was sweet, why don't you ever say you miss me?" Then her immediate response is "Because I don't" then "KIDDING!" then "I do" followed by ":)" and finally "But I have to go to bed, have a good night!"

Is it wrong of me to think she's a super bitch? :lol: You guys have to know me irl to see how many turds I attract.[/QUOTE]

31061185.jpg

Moral of this story: Facebook is evil.

T'was the night before Steamsmas,
And all through the flat,
Not a creature was stirring,
'cept for one loafing cat,
The stockings were hung,
But not as much as me,
And they were all filled with presents,
Though non-digitally,
I was clad in my jammies,
And my wife in her mask,
We were newly unconscious,
After nursing a flask,
When up on the rooftops,
What on earth should I hear?
It was Gabe Newell in costume,
Complete with red suit and beard!
He was tow'ring above us,
With a generous smile,
And in the back of his hovercraft,
He had this year's Gift Pile!
But were we naughty or nice?
Good ol' Gabe didn't care,
If we earned holiday achievements,
We'd all get our share!
But money was tight,
How could we afford games?
Gabe smiled at us sagely,
And spoke our user names.
He then gave a bellow,
That shook through the town,
And all the Steam prices,
Came clattering down,
We rejoiced and we thanked him,
Our lungs vomiting mirth,
Now Gabe knew he was done,
And departed the Earth,
He gave the most jolly shout,
Leaving our atmosphere:
"Happy Steamsmas to all,
And a Happy New Year!"

[quote name='Mooby']Moral of this story: Facebook is evil.[/QUOTE]

Except when you get free shit and then you use a fake name like Banana Pickles who lives in Candyland so no pesky people you know can find you.

[quote name='gilby']I tried. Already owned. And I couldn't even click through to see what it was, which means I have it installed....King's Bounty, maybe? Or did I just admit to having Bad Rats installed?[/QUOTE]

1st was some card pack for Gotham City Impostors, hence the pic of the cats as Batman and Joker. 2nd was Metro 2033. 3rd rhymes with "kettle sniffed"
9HQRJ
-
K5GA7
-
XZY4I

[quote name='Tsel']T'was the night before Steamsmas,
And all through the flat,
Not a creature was stirring,
'cept for one loafing cat,
The stockings were hung,
But not as much as me,
And they were all filled with presents,
Though non-digitally,
I was clad in my jammies,
And my wife in her mask,
We were newly unconscious,
After nursing a flask,
When up on the rooftops,
What on earth should I hear?
It was Gabe Newell in costume,
Complete with red suit and beard!
He was tow'ring above us,
With a generous smile,
And in the back of his hovercraft,
He had this year's Gift Pile!
But were we naughty or nice?
Good ol' Gabe didn't care,
If we earned holiday achievements,
We'd all get our share!
But money was tight,
How could we afford games?
Gabe smiled at us sagely,
And spoke our user names.
He then gave a bellow,
That shook through the town,
And all the Steam prices,
Came clattering down,
We rejoiced and we thanked him,
Our lungs vomiting mirth,
Now Gabe knew he was done,
And departed the Earth,
He gave the most jolly shout,
Leaving our atmosphere:
"Happy Steamsmas to all,
And a Happy New Year!"[/QUOTE]

YES! Just YES!

[quote name='deviousnaraku']1st was some card pack for Gotham City Impostors, hence the pic of the cats as Batman and Joker. 2nd was Metro 2033. 3rd rhymes with "kettle sniffed"
9HQRJ
-
K5GA7
-
XZY4I
[/QUOTE]

Lurked.

[quote name='poxi']It's 2,5€ in Europe ~$3.30. I bought it on summer sale for 5€, because I'd never thought that Bethesda's game can cheaper. Still haven't installed it even once, so I feel I overpaid again. Meh.[/QUOTE]

For a game like Fallout 3, I wouldnt worry too much about it. Game is worth 60.

As far as the sale goes, not really sure what I want to grab. Guess Ill see as I go. Might end up buying Far Cry 3. Maybe grab Hotline Miami, Dishonored DLC and XCOM DLC

[quote name='overlordmike']what time does steam refresh there servers. really lookin forward to the sale.[/QUOTE]

10am PST/1pm EST/3am KST (21st)

At least that's what I've been reading...

12/20-12/21:

Darksiders Franchise Pack
- $13.19 all steam, contains:

• Darksiders
  • Darksiders II
  • Darksiders II Season Pass (DLC)
  • Darksiders II DLC
    • Angel of Death Pack
    • Argul's Tomb
    • Deadly Despair
    • Death Rides
    • Fletcher's Crow Hammer
    • Mace Maximus
    • Mortis
    • Rusanov's Axe
    • Shadow of Death
    • Van der Schmash Hammer
    • Abyssal Forge

whos biting? I didnt even play my Darksiders 1 yet :/

[quote name='Larce80']12/20-12/21:

• Darksiders
  • Darksiders II
  • Darksiders II DLC
    • Angel of Death Pack
    • Argul's Tomb
    • Deadly Despair
    • Death Rides
    • Fletcher's Crow Hammer
    • Mace Maximus
    • Mortis
    • Rusanov's Axe
    • Shadow of Death
    • Van der Schmash Hammer
    • Abyssal Forge

whos biting? I didnt even play my Darksiders 1 yet :/[/QUOTE]

You should do that. Right now!

[quote name='deviousnaraku']rhymes with "kettle sniffed"[/QUOTE]
I have no idea what this could be. Medal Gift, Pedal Lift, Pebble Sift, Settle Rift?...

• Darksiders
  • Darksiders II
  • Darksiders II DLC
    • Angel of Death Pack
    • Argul's Tomb
    • Deadly Despair
    • Death Rides
    • Fletcher's Crow Hammer
    • Mace Maximus
    • Mortis
    • Rusanov's Axe
    • Shadow of Death
    • Van der Schmash Hammer
    • Abyssal Forge

Not me. Already purchased the first Darksiders and then then the Humble Bundle. Sounds like a good deal, but I'll wait for a better one.

[quote name='Idiotekque']That girl is... dedicated to her work. Brings a tear to your eye, really. :lol:

Make his hair black then![/QUOTE]
Word haha. & Capcom needs to get their shit together first

[quote name='hal']It is not truly that bad. Don't expect any more than an old FPS and you'll be good.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for answering man, Mooby too. Thought it'd be left in the dust lol. I wanted BL GOTY so I picked up the 2K Shooter pack at Amazon for $10, came with DNF Complete and the BioShock pack. Somebody really wants DNF so I was tryin' to decide if I should sell it to him or keep it, seems really adamant on getting it lol.

I don't think I'd be surprised at anybody's age. I'm probably wrong. Wonder who's the youngest here...

Eld - BGCQ is too exclusive.

• Darksiders
  • Darksiders II
  • Darksiders II DLC

I'll probably bite. By the time the sale starts for me...I'll be several hours deep into a Diablo 3 marathon and probably very drunk and free with my wallet.

[quote name='DPsycho']DON'T LEAVE US HANGING, MAN![/QUOTE]

Ok, the possible hidden gem is... Hinterland. I gave it a whirl last night and somehow lost a couple of hours. It's a relatively barebones ARPG set against the background of a town-building sim.

The King (sadly not Elvis) has made you his bitch and wants you I build him a worthy settlement. To that end you have to go out and about, laying waste to whatever evil crypts/bandit hideouts/wolf dens are on your doorstep and use your profit to build houses for your blacksmiths and farmers and so on.

Also included is a "fame" mechanic, the more you kill, the more your fame increases, the more likely you are to have a necromancer of a bard want to set up shop in your pokey little hamlet (you can leave them in town to earn you money, or have them come out adventuring with you). Fame also decreases if you get knocked-out/seriously wounded, so it's a two way thing.

It's not particularly deep but there's enough in there to keep my attention, I particularly liked the idea of planning how to upgrade my town.

At £6.99 and four years old, it's not unreasonable to think that we'll see it at around 75% off in the sale. It isn't perfect and won't suit everybody, but I really warmed to it.

P.s. some of us already got it from an Indie Royale bundle - it was mistakenly included with the Children Of The Nile key.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Just a few hours before endless backlog clogging.[/QUOTE]

When's the Steam holiday sale begin?
1pm EST?

• Darksiders
  • Darksiders II
  • Darksiders II DLC
    • Angel of Death Pack
    • Argul's Tomb
    • Deadly Despair
    • Death Rides
    • Fletcher's Crow Hammer
    • Mace Maximus
    • Mortis
    • Rusanov's Axe
    • Shadow of Death
    • Van der Schmash Hammer
    • Abyssal Forge

Yep, I'm in. I want Darksiders 2 + Season Pass + All that other DLC, as well.
Plus, I want another $5 off coupon for their Amazon EC 2012 (which begins Jan 2013).

EDIT:
I don't think Steam will top that...
...unless we see a trolling w/ a Darksiders Franchise Pack like them and THQ did w/ SR:TT Franchise Pack did in this past Summer.

[quote name='MC Kage']I wanted BL GOTY so I picked up the 2K Shooter pack at Amazon for $10, came with DNF Complete and the BioShock pack. Somebody really wants DNF so I was tryin' to decide if I should sell it to him or keep it, seems really adamant on getting it lol.[/QUOTE]

If you can get $5 for DNF then by all means take it. BioShock 1+2 and Borderlands GOTY for $5 is an amazing deal. DNF will wind up less than $5 somewhere down the road if you're really curious about playing it.

DNF got bashed pretty hard, and rightfully so given the dev time and its pedigree. It has its problems to be sure, but any hardcore FPS fan will eke a bit of fun out of it here and there. It isn't horribly broken or anything and there are definitely worse games out there. It's not as bad as the anti-hype that follows it anytime it is mentioned.

[quote name='DPsycho']I bought Grimrock during the Summer Sale. I knew that it could be in a bundle before I played it, so I added it to my inventory. That way, I could still sell or trade it later. And now it's in HIB7... which has separate keys for each game. Oh well. Beat the average anyway to get the soundtrack with it. And it's charity, so yeah. Probably give the inventory copy to my wife. Or girlfriend.

DON'T LEAVE US HANGING, MAN![/QUOTE]
The 'soundtrack' is very disappointing as a soundtrack. It's only the main theme. I'm glad I didn't BTA just for that.

Who else is pumped for some Rev2012 tomorrow? If anyone wants to play and is on my list already just message me on steam. I figure this is as good a time as any to dive into the world of mayan dancing.

[quote name='hal']DNF got bashed pretty hard, and rightfully so given the dev time and its pedigree. It has its problems to be sure, but any hardcore FPS fan will eke a bit of fun out of it here and there. It isn't horribly broken or anything and there are definitely worse games out there. It's not as bad as the anti-hype that follows it anytime it is mentioned.[/QUOTE]

The first few levels of DNF are pretty bad. It gets better as it goes along though it never shines. However I did have fun on the Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC, it's much better than the base game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back