The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Broken Cage']Question! Since Microsofts GFWL is in DR2, does that mean achievements will carry over to my Xbox profile ala Batman Arkham City? It'll help my purchasing decision. (Don't judge!)[/QUOTE]

If it has GFWL it should add to your Gamerscore but it'll be a different game so you can essentially get all the same achievements again and double dip for your profile. As annoying GFWL can be, it is kind of nice to get that gamerscore hook with it.

Tempted to jump on it, but I haven't touched the DR 2 I bought for the 360, but to get it on Steam with OTR for $10 is very tempting...

[quote name='tham1988']seriously if tropico 4 doesnt win we need to figure out where these votes are coming from and destroy them because we are having a pretty terrible run with these votes cag
there is really no justification for not voting for tropico for unless maybe you really want anno and were in a hole for 2 days[/QUOTE]

If Anno wins I will headdesk because it just came off of being a daily for 48 hours.

[quote name='Motoki']If Anno wins I will headdesk because it just came off of being a daily for 48 hours.[/QUOTE]

Sillier things have happened. It wouldn't suprise me at all.

[quote name='Motoki']If Anno wins I will headdesk because it just came off of being a daily for 48 hours.[/QUOTE]

i'd be more upset by sim city 4 winning

Everybody create a few dozen dummy accounts and all vote Tropico? Control the vote, control the population.

[quote name='CronO_O']well i voted for sim city just cause that game > the others[/QUOTE]

I like it but it's really dated at this point. It needs a refresh It needs a refresh that isn't Origin exclusive with always online DRM even if you only ever play in single player mode.

[quote name='CronO_O']well i voted for sim city just cause that game > the others[/QUOTE]

Tropico 4 is pretty good, but that might just be me.

[quote name='Motoki']I like it but it's really dated at this point. It needs a refresh It needs a refresh that isn't Origin exclusive with always online DRM even if you only ever play in single player mode.[/QUOTE]
That is made by Will Wright.

Bleh CIV IV... Don't get people likes to vote for games that are going to be deals of the day and are on sale everywhere... Was hoping for Dark Messiah, anyway...

Ok, I picked up DR2 Complete. It's a console back up, plus I still haven't played OTR. I think that's the sixth pack I've purchased off of Steam this sale. I got Tomb Raider Collection, Dawn of War Franchise, Flatout Complete, Splinter Cell Echelon, CoD battlechest and now DR2. Not a bad haul, I guess.

Thanks for the help guys.

... I have 35$ left
If I get the DR2 pack I have 25$
if FTL goes on sale 50% I will have 20$
Or I could just get part of the DR2 pack and save 2.5-5$
What else could go On sale that would take up more money....

Bought RO2 and the DR2 pack. Finally getting some good deals rolling.

Keep up the humor guys. Lurking this thread has been cracking me up. Merry Christmas!

[quote name='paulcalypse']Bought RO2 and the DR2 pack. Finally getting some good deals rolling.

Keep up the humor guys. Lurking this thread has been cracking me up. Merry Christmas![/QUOTE]
You think this is funny? Is this all a joke to you? THIS IS SERIOUS!!! What would PC gaming be without Mission runway?

FTL is worth the cash. I paid $6, already put 10 hours into it and barely scratched the content (and the
Final damned boss ship with three phases!!!!!11!1 ERG!
)

I really want Mark of the Ninja, think that'll be bundle bait?

[quote name='BitLooter']If I buy the DR2 pack, and I already have the original DR2, will I get an extra copy?[/QUOTE]

Nope, you won't.

[quote name='bob_793']Yeah I buying it no matter what ill at least get 25% off....[/QUOTE]

That's fine. I did with Legend of Grimrock when it first came out even though I knew it would be bundled eventually. Anytime you see that Humble Checkout...

I just figured I'd put it out there as a Public Service Announcement.

I just hope you don't get trolled and have it added as the bonus to the current Humble Bundle.

But if you do
go to the Amazon thread and complain about it! ;)

I bought the Batman arkham franchise pack. I haven't played either of the batman games and I always wanted them, so I bought both of them and am happy I've finally gotten something from this Steam sale so far! :p

[quote name='BitLooter']If I buy the DR2 pack, and I already have the original DR2, will I get an extra copy?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not.

[quote name='TheKbob']FTL is worth the cash. I paid $6, already put 10 hours into it and barely scratched the content (and the
Final damned boss ship with three phases!!!!!11!1 ERG!
)

I really want Mark of the Ninja, think that'll be bundle bait?[/QUOTE]

Both shanks (same devs) have gone bundle, Humble as they are ;) Shank 2 took less than a year to get in a bundle. So I'd say it'd be possible in about a year. If you think you'll get your money's worth before next summer, I'd say it'd be worth getting now.

Unless specifically stated you will not get an extra copy. It just disappears :whistle2:(
I dont see anything that says that you will so Im going with no.

I want Anno in the worst way. But there's one word that keeps me from buying it in its current condition:

TAGES. fuck that

I'm being asked to put up with the retarded always-on Ubi-leash. Don't make me install potentially harmful DRM on my machine as well. (Besides Gamersgate has it on sale right now for $14.98)

Tropico 4 gets my vote, despite the fact that I almost want to wait for a GOTY version since it clearly has DRM diarrhea.

That Dead Rising 2 pack is off the charts. I already own DS2, but I still have to pick that up. Thank goodness for my policy of only adding games to my library when I'm ready to play them. As a result, I still have DS2 in my inventory. So I can just resell it.

[quote name='The End']That Dead Rising 2 pack is off the charts. I already own DS2, but I still have to pick that up. Thank goodness for my policy of only adding games to my library when I'm ready to play them. As a result, I still have DS2 in my inventory. So I can just resell it.[/QUOTE]
As of right now I am going to try to do that policy again.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Both shanks (same devs) have gone bundle, Humble as they are ;) Shank 2 took less than a year to get in a bundle. So I'd say it'd be possible in about a year. If you think you'll get your money's worth before next summer, I'd say it'd be worth getting now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll sleep on it and see in the morning! Good info!

[quote name='the end'] thank goodness for my policy of only adding games to my library when i'm ready to play them. As a result, i still have ds2 in my inventory. So i can just resell it.[/quote]

Why the hell haven't i been doing that.

[quote name='The End']That Dead Rising 2 pack is off the charts. I already own DS2, but I still have to pick that up. Thank goodness for my policy of only adding games to my library when I'm ready to play them. As a result, I still have DS2 in my inventory. So I can just resell it.[/QUOTE]
I tried that once it worked great.... To bad every game I buy I download it and play it for 10min. Only game in my inventory is Left for Dead.

[quote name='hal']I want Anno in the worst way. But there's one word that keeps me from buying it in its current condition:

TAGES. fuck that

I'm being asked to put up with the retarded always-on Ubi-leash. Don't make me install potentially harmful DRM on my machine as well. (Besides Gamersgate has it on sale right now for $14.98)

Tropico 4 gets my vote, despite the fact that I almost want to wait for a GOTY version since it clearly has DRM diarrhea.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on the Tages.

For Tropico though the Kalypso DRM is pretty benign. To say that I am not a fan of additional 3rd party DRM on top of Steam is putting it mildly but the Kalypso one is basically just an account login you create that you have to be connected to the net at least temporarily to activate the game for the first time but then you don't after that.

As far as I know, I have never heard of any activation limits with it and I just shut my internet connection off and the game loaded fine with the DLC and everything. (you do need to disable cloud save in Steam though if you are going to do that).

As a DRM, Kalypso's is about on the same level of Steam. It's really not very intrusive or limiting at all.

Yeah I'm pissed I bought DR2 base during the Autumn sale...everyone said it was a great deal for $7 but this deal is truly great. I'd love to have OTR for the sandbox mode. Smart smart thinking by The End.

[quote name='tham1988']how much less than 5 was it? because I had it on ps3 back when it came out and I wont play it anytime soon most likely but would like to have it

yeah i was thinking the same thing about the community choice
i am super disappoint[/QUOTE]

I got it off another CAG for $3. You can wait. & yeah, these community choices...no words.

Ever so slowly, I'm starting to warm to this Holiday sale. Thus far, I've already picked up the DoW Franchise pack & the Dead Space Pack as well as the Telltale Collection (thanks Jake Nome). There have also been a few other items that I would have picked up if I didn't already own them. The Mass Effect pack, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition & Saints Row The Third complete pack
(which was only eclipsed by amazon due to a quirk of an overlapping price match & coupon promo)
come to mind.

I also regret passing on Sims Medieval & The Tomb Raider Collection. Both were flash deals, so I'm hoping that they return.

Not quite the knock your socks off sale that some past sales have been, but there have been a few awesome deals.

Have 26 left to spend on the holiday sale, just picked up the Dead Rising pack. The sale is picking up in little bits and pieces. Dead Rising was too good of a deal to pass up, it being Capcom and all.

[quote name='mac995555']Mark of Ninja, Dead Light and HLM all have my attention. Does anyone think they will be in a future Humble Bundle?[/QUOTE]

Dont know about Deadlight taking in consideration that the publisher is Microsoft but i think Mark Of The Ninja will be on a Bundle in the future, but i'm not expecting that to be soon.

I'm familiar with the iron grip Starforce had as worst DRM out there, especially with watching it destroy multiple drives, but can someone fill me in on what TAGES does?

[quote name='jrodri86']Dont know about Deadlight taking in consideration that the publisher is Microsoft but i think Mark Of The Ninja will be on a Bundle in the future, but i'm not expecting that to be soon.[/QUOTE]

Mark of the Ninja is also published by Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back