The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Tony hasn't commented on the steam key situation.

Somebody on the Amazon thread said that Crusader Kings 1 doesn't activate on steam, but that's all that we've heard about so far. I bought the pack, but I'm still waiting for some keys to show up. So I can't confirm anything.

Thanks for the replies, chaps. I took the plunge and bought the bundle. All it took was a credit card and a US address. The UK embassy has an address thankfully :D

(Hopefully I don't get any silly overseas charges from Barclaycard, they have a habit of doing that)

Did anyone else try to buy anything on Steam through Paypal a few days ago and get an error? Paypal sent me an email saying that they had a "technical issue for three hours on January 27 and 28" that caused them to double charge. I tried to buy some Sleeping Dogs DLC during that time and Paypal failed twice, so I used my credit card and the transaction went through. However, I've now been banned from buying or redeeming anything on Steam for 9 weeks (!) because Paypal sent a chargeback. Did this happen to anyone else? I hope I'm not alone on this so I can get Steam to restore my account.

[quote name='Zbornak']Did anyone else try to buy anything on Steam through Paypal a few days ago and get an error? Paypal sent me an email saying that they had a "technical issue for three hours on January 27 and 28" that caused them to double charge. I tried to buy some Sleeping Dogs DLC during that time and Paypal failed twice, so I used my credit card and the transaction went through. However, I've now been banned from buying or redeeming anything on Steam for 9 weeks (!) because Paypal sent a chargeback. Did this happen to anyone else? I hope I'm not alone on this so I can get Steam to restore my account.[/QUOTE]

Not on Steam, but the first IndieGame Stand purchase I tried to do didn't go through 2 days ago.

[quote name='Flowette']Thanks for the replies, chaps. I took the plunge and bought the bundle. All it took was a credit card and a US address. The UK embassy has an address thankfully :D

(Hopefully I don't get any silly overseas charges from Barclaycard, they have a habit of doing that)[/QUOTE]

You won't. In fact, it should show the exact amount on Amazon.com in £. That's always matched up perfectly with my Barclaycard statement. Admittedly I'm using a Barclays Debit card.

[quote name='WilliamG']You won't. In fact, it should show the exact amount on Amazon.com in £. That's always matched up perfectly with my Barclaycard statement. Admittedly I'm using a Barclays Debit card.[/QUOTE]
It quotes me the figures in dollars, always has done. Can't find a way to show the prices in pounds sterling. The .com site is a separate entity from the .co.uk site isn't it?

Interesting, will delve around later on when I get a moment spare at work.

[quote name='monkeyz']Looks like painkiller free to play the weekend deal. Anyone else have it in their inventory?[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of them adding a free to play weekend title to someones inventory. Are you sure that is what that is?

[quote name='akmgmer']I've never heard of them adding a free to play weekend title to someones inventory. Are you sure that is what that is?[/QUOTE]

Ack, sorry. I use the word Library and Inventory interchangeably, I mean steam library. Also on the main page it just looks like it flipped Painkiller Hell & Damnation for 66% off and lol valve is trolling the hidden midweek deal of 66% off Grimrock is now the weekender as well. And the walking dead is now half off, perhaps Amazon will match so people can use their EC for the last day in January? Maybe.

[quote name='monkeyz']Looks like painkiller free to play the weekend deal. Anyone else have it in their inventory?[/QUOTE]

Yes me, installing now.

[quote name='walkonshadows']$2.50 (Steam Activated) at Squenix Store:
SEASON OF MYSTERY: THE CHERRY BLOSSOM MURDERS

Bigfish games had a 70% off code, but the game was $10 MSRP on their site making it $3 there.
[/QUOTE]

That is how much it was during the SquareEnix publisher weekend we had. I know because I had looked at it and was going to buy it before I realized I would never play it lol

Tonight I've been playing Enter A Shitload Of Keys Into Steam (EASOKIS). It starts off well, the story is relatively straight-forward and you gets a nice rewarding feeling with each stage.

However, after a while you realise it's quite a shallow experience. There's practically no variety between stages, the loading times border on farcical and in the end all you're left with is sore fingers and tired eyes from staring at the screen for too long.

EASOKIS is available now on Amazon.

Speaking of entering tons of Steam keys. I decided to try out the Steam beta on Linux (Ubuntu has completely revived my formerly-useless 6-year-old laptop) and redeeming keys is so much smoother than in Windows. It still takes a few seconds, but the client doesn't freeze up and threaten to crash like in Win7.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to activate over 9000 Crusader Kings DLC's.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Now if you'll excuse me, I have to activate over 9000 Crusader Kings DLC's.[/QUOTE]
I feel for you. Well, I would if I had any feelings left.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Now if you'll excuse me, I have to activate over 9000 Crusader Kings DLC's.[/QUOTE]

ngbbs4f07d03090556.jpg

Actually, I need to do the same. I activated the base game last night when I purchased it. I'll start the Ctrl-C Ctrl-V fest this evening.

How long did the pack stay in stock? It's been "Currently unavailable" since the start of my lunch hour.

[quote name='jshackles']Ys I and II Chronicles+ just went up for pre-order. Looks like it's "+" because it's got Steam achievements, Steam cloud, and "Greater viewing area than in previously-available Ys I & II Chronicles editions."

Neat! And 15% off for now.[/QUOTE]

Wishlist++

Wow I can't believe that XPadder talk actually got deleted laaawlz.

Also if anyone needs EC credit on Amazon I can help out I still have a good amount.

[quote name='jshackles']Ys I and II Chronicles+ just went up for pre-order. Looks like it's "+" because it's got Steam achievements, Steam cloud, and "Greater viewing area than in previously-available Ys I & II Chronicles editions."

Neat! And 15% off for now.[/QUOTE]

Love that game. It really takes me back. To this day it's one of the most memorable games of my younger days.

Man back in 1990 the TurboGrafx 16 CD version with real music and voice acting was the shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT-y7bZlpJM

NOTE: That video is for the old, old version, not the one coming to Steam which is a good bit updated beyond that. Still, for the time that old version was pretty amazing. One of the earliest console games on a disc instead of a cartridge.

[quote name='MC Kage']Wow I can't believe that XPadder talk actually got deleted laaawlz.
[/QUOTE]

I am sure the thread nanny crybabied to the mods about it. Mods might as well delete 500 pages of this thread while they are at it.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Now to beat the Painkiller remake over the weekend then never buy it! :p[/QUOTE]

This.

Even if it is not a great remake.

[quote name='Preedatore']The free portion is just the multiplayer, no?[/QUOTE]

Yup, you're right. Just re-read it. Now I won't buy it or download it.:booty:

[quote name='travathian']I am sure the thread nanny crybabied to the mods about it. Mods might as well delete 500 pages of this thread while they are at it.[/QUOTE]

I am going to guess they were deleted because someone mentioned something about pirating/cracking the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back