The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']Wasn't there a super Sega bundle for January 2013 that showed up in the registry a few weeks back? It was missing several currently available Sega games, but it it had almost all of the Sega games that have been removed from the steam store. I don't recall ever seeing that bundle making an appearance during the month of January. So I'm just gonna assume that an appearance in the steam registry is no longer a guarantee (or near guarantee) that a game is coming to steam.

It has probably come to Gabe's attention that people watch the registry, so he's decided to have a few laughs.[/QUOTE]

No, the Sega bundle was people reading too much into things, and was never going to be live. It was more than likely an employee thing. Sega would not have randomly regained the rights to sell a bunch of licensed stuff they no longer owned the license too.

[quote name='SeymourGams']Wouldn't you put in Half-Life Episode 3 through 15 then?[/QUOTE]

GabeN only wants to enrage people at OTHER publishers' expense.

A lot of the stuff on that list does make sense. Like, a confirmed Revelations port is happening, right? King of Fighters games are a little unexpected, but it could happen I suppose.

It's about damn time for Halo 3 to come to PC... maybe.

[quote name='DPsycho']GabeN only wants to enrage people at OTHER publishers' expense.[/QUOTE]

See, this is why I should have stayed the full hour at Gaben's evil CEO lecture at the airport- Marriott...

The ones that are pretty much going to happen are:

La Mulana (Greenlit)
Octodad (greenlit)
Duke Nukem (old sub entry, recent GOG release)
Shadow Warrior (same as Duke, same publisher)
Fez (ports already announced, though specifics never given)
Yogventures (greenlit)
The Witness (high profile new indie game, no reason to think it wouldn't be on Steam)
Resident Evil Revelations (port announced)
Quantum Conundrum 2 (not announced, but again no reason to think this wouldn't be on Steam)

I just broke down and got Bad Rats out of the Indie Gala store bundle. Just thought I'd share; I feel like a more complete CAG now. Coconut Queen is next...

[quote name='Flowette']As I read this, she just started singing Halo!

She's obviously a closet CAG.[/QUOTE]

Coincidence?
I think NOT!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Really hope Fez comes to Steam. I been dying to play that (don't own a 360).

Did anyone get their keys yet for La Mulana or Leisure Suit Larry from the Groupees bundle? Waiting on them.[/QUOTE]

Just checked and no keys yet on my account. I seem to be missing any download link for Fester Mudd.

The Leisure Suit Larry in the Groupees bundle was the VGA remake back in the 90's. Don't think they have plans to put that one on Steam. The one that was greenlit was the remake of that remake.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Did anyone get their keys yet for La Mulana or Leisure Suit Larry from the Groupees bundle? Waiting on them.[/QUOTE]
Silly question but I'm asking anyways, why would we get keys for games that aren't released yet?

Indie Royale keys have always appeared within 2-3 days of a Steam release, not before.

[quote name='Flowette']Silly question but I'm asking anyways, why would we get keys for games that aren't released yet?

Indie Royale keys have always appeared within 2-3 days of a Steam release, not before.[/QUOTE]

La Mulana isnt even on Steam yet...id imagine once its available we will get our keys. Groupees has yet to not deliver

I think im actually gonna play la mulana...maybe this crappy laptop i have can handle it....it has been playing hotline miami like crap

[quote name='Drabelincoln']La Mulana isnt even on Steam yet...id imagine once its available we will get our keys. Groupees has yet to not deliver[/QUOTE]
I kinda meant that I was expecting to receive them eventually, just not in advance of a Steam release. :)

Forgive me, it's late. That power outage didn't help :cry:

[quote name='Flowette']I kinda meant that I was expecting to receive them eventually, just not in advance of a Steam release. :)

Forgive me, it's late. That power outage didn't help :cry:[/QUOTE]

Oh no dont worry Im drunk. I m just posting and i probably wont remember anything tomorrow.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Oh no dont worry Im drunk. I m just posting and i probably wont remember anything tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
you owe me ten quid, i'll remind you in teh morning

[quote name='MC Kage']Halo 1 PC is one of my favorite games of all-time. MP in it was beyond epic

Nobody wished me happy birthday :cry:[/QUOTE]
It was epic aside from issues of cheaters, host advantage and such.

I used to play the Demo version online for hours upon hours every day for a long time before the game came out.

[quote name='MC Kage']Halo 1 PC is one of my favorite games of all-time. MP in it was beyond epic

Hippy bird day.

I did. But I sent my happy birthday wish telepathically.

We used all our birthday wishes on MysterD several months ago in the Amazon thread.

They're all gone now.

[quote name='Eldredpe']We used all our birthday wishes on MysterD several months ago in the Amazon thread.

They're all gone now.[/QUOTE]

I kinda figured that lol. He's Tony's Robin.

thanks The End & Idiot. I can always count on you two :lol:

MrBonk - I just enjoyed how easy it was to hop in and play, no party system or anything lol. Maps were great and the mods were fun with the all sniper games. CTF Blood Gulch/Battle Creek just never got old. I had more of a problem on Halo 2 XBX 'cuz host and cheaters were just frustrating playing ranked games.

anyways I think Max Payne 3 has been downloading for 3 days straight now. 30GB is redikalous

I was wondering, since I already own F:NV without any dlc... what will happen if I redeem a Ultimate key? I'm asking because steam says that I already own NV:U.

[quote name='Stonekeep']I was wondering, since I already own F:NV without any dlc... what will happen if I redeem a Ultimate key? I'm asking because steam says that I already own NV:U.[/QUOTE]
You'll receive only all the dlc.

[quote name='Junpei']For us EU folks, it turns magically into €20.39... pity, since I would've bitten at €12/13... the times aren't ripe yet for it to become an integral part of my backlog...[/QUOTE]

Just go for it. It was my 2nd GOTY, beat only by Sleeping Dogs.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Just go for it. It was my 2nd GOTY, beat only by Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]

I know it's a good game but, backlog's size considered, it would be lucky if it'll be my 2015-2016 GOTY, so I'm delaying the inevitable by convincing myself that I'll never play it shortly... after all, the Humble Hitman Bundle will surely happen, right? :bouncy:

In my opinion it wasn't even that good, it's more like a splinter cell than a hitman game...
[quote name='poxi']You'll receive only all the dlc.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I was worried about the "you already own this product, press next to install" without any dlcs.

Hitman Derpalution will be sub $10 within a few months. Squeenix looks like it's in trouble with the aggressive price slashes they've done recently.

I loved Hitman Absolution. It had issues; the stealth was brutally tough but not as satisfying as Splinter Cell or Mark the Ninja but on the whole I still enjoyed the ride.

[quote name='Rsmobile']I loved Hitman Absolution. It had issues; the stealth was brutally tough but not as satisfying as Splinter Cell or Mark the Ninja but on the whole I still enjoyed the ride.[/QUOTE]For me it was "broken", especially when you compare it with the older Hitman. I played on purist and the disguise system was completely useless. I could've lived with something like H2 where you can't run in front of enemies without making them suspicious about you... but here they get suspicious even if you're surrounded by dozens of people. I don't know if they patched it though.

How's the stealth system in Mark of the Ninja? by the look of it I thought that it was simplistic, but I didn't installed it yet.

[quote name='Mooby']Hitman Derpalution will be sub $10 within a few months. Squeenix looks like it's in trouble with the aggressive price slashes they've done recently.[/QUOTE]
Lol not only do their prices drop so quick, but they can't seem to stop having major sales. In the past two weeks alone, they had a huge sale on their online store, there was the Steam Square-Enix weekend sale, as well as this weekend on GMG. Still waiting to see Kane & Lynch 2 at 75 percent off though (only decided recently that I'd like to get it) :cry:.

[quote name='Stonekeep']For me it was "broken", especially when you compare it with the older Hitman. I played on purist and the disguise system was completely useless. I could've lived with something like H2 where you can't run in front of enemies without making them suspicious about you... but here they get suspicious even if you're surrounded by dozens of people. I don't know if they patched it though.

How's the stealth system in Mark of the Ninja? by the look of it I thought that it was simplistic, but I didn't installed it yet.[/QUOTE]

I cannot imagine why anyone would play on purist their first time. Games are mechanical systems and it has to be nigh impossible to learn the systems by turning off all the information conveyance your first time. Once you figure out that thrown item distractions are mechanical and always have the same effect on the AI the game becomes a lot easier.

I don't know why they would patch it. That disguise system is entirely intentional and an integral part of the gameplay. The levels would be hilariously easy if a disguise just let you walk through.

Mark the Ninja was elegant. That's the way I would describe it. Sights, sounds, shadow, and acrobatics. It just works really well.

[quote name='Rsmobile']I cannot imagine why anyone would play on purist their first time. Games are mechanical systems and it has to be nigh impossible to learn the systems by turning off all the information conveyance your first time. Once you figure out that thrown item distractions are mechanical and always have the same effect on the AI the game becomes a lot easier.

I don't know why they would patch it. That disguise system is entirely intentional and an integral part of the gameplay. The levels would be hilariously easy if a disguise just let you walk through.

Mark the Ninja was elegant. That's the way I would describe it. Sights, sounds, shadow, and acrobatics. It just works really well.[/QUOTE]Because it seemed the right difficulty to play. The levels weren't that easy with the first 4 Hitman, and there was a (working) disguise system.

Birthday? That was on January 1, wasn't it? Isn't everyone's?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']http://www.gamersgate.com/showdowneffect?aff=fb

That looks cool. From the makers of Magicka and it looks to have Magicka style DLC plans, probably in an indie bundle eventually, but still interesting concept.[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer only, unfortunately... judging by the developers' talent, they could have easily implemented a story mode with tons of scenes and situations ripped straight from the 80s, but maybe that would have also required tons of nearly perfect voice acting and thus a bigger budget...

Slightly off-topic, but I remember some people asking to be updated about that $20 Playstation Vita from ebay a while back.

I received my package today. Ordered two different things, so I was hoping to get at least two items. Nope, only got 1 counterfeit 1885 coin worth 5 Swiss francs. I would've disputed it to get my money back either way, but I was hoping to at least get something remotely usable. I guess Ip Man has given me false faith in the integrity of Chinese men; they truly are the sick men of Asia. ;)

Just a joke, I'm not racist!

[quote name='Blade']Slightly off-topic, but I remember some people asking to be updated about that $20 Playstation Vita from ebay a while back.

I received my package today. Ordered two different things, so I was hoping to get at least two items. Nope, only got 1 counterfeit 1885 coin worth 5 Swiss francs. I would've disputed it to get my money back either way, but I was hoping to at least get something remotely usable. I guess Ip Man has given me false faith in the integrity of Chinese men; they truly are the sick men of Asia. ;)

Just a joke, I'm not racist![/QUOTE]

I hope I get something that interesting in my package, though I already got my money back so I'm not too concerned about what ends up showing up.

[quote name='asheskitty']Jeez what is it, indie month on Steam?[/QUOTE]
Beats "Let's clean all the THQ stuff out of the cellar" month at GamersGate.

[quote name='Blade']Nope, only got 1 counterfeit 1885 coin worth 5 Swiss francs. [/QUOTE]
What a bizarre thing to send someone when you're scamming them. I'd think you'd just send them a Zip-Loc bag full of pebbles or something.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Beats "Let's clean all the THQ stuff out of the cellar" month at GamersGate.[/QUOTE]

Surely, you meant the "Let's clean all the Bethesda keys out of..."

Whoops, my bad! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back