The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bruticis']Easy now, brother. Remember we aren't on our home forum and are easily overrun by the derp here. You should put that review on the codex for the laughs, they would love that.[/QUOTE]

Mooby and Bruticis are related?!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Guess I'm a masochist then. Where's Rihanna when you need here? Probably singing about doimonds in the skoi.[/quote]
Masochists, eh?
Don't tell me - you been playing Dark Souls: PTD Edition? ;)

[quote name='Captain Urahara']
You disagree with me. Prepare to die! *goes to get gun*[/QUOTE]

Prepare To Die???!?!
Are you guys doing Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition doing PvP and invading each others' worlds?

EDIT:
[quote name='Idiotekque']*fires overpowered KoA magic that makes the game too easy*[/QUOTE]
What's next? Are you two gonna duel - take 10 paces and then fire? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
To me KOA felt like an okay game. There was nothing spectacular to it but then again it wasn't a bad game. Combat was fun, but overall the game lacked personality. It felt like a mash up of a lot of RPG games into one.

Here is hoping for an Ass Creed day.

Has anyone played the Hard Times DLC for Rochard yet? Any good? It is on sale right now for $1.49 which is only 25% off but still cheap.

"The new content includes four new, incredibly challenging puzzle levels: 'Container Chaos', 'Shaft Shuffle', 'Brainyard' and 'Assembly Line'. These levels were created as a response to fans that found the original stages a bit too easy. The ‘Hard Times’ content is designed to use all of the existing game mechanics, with an emphasis on puzzle-solving as opposed to combat, and offers a difficult test for even the most experienced players."

[quote name='MysterD']Masochists, eh?

Prepare To Die???!?!
Are you guys doing Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition doing PvP and invading each others' worlds?

EDIT:

What's next? Are you two gonna duel - take 10 paces and then fire? ;)[/QUOTE]

what party are we having lol a duel party. here popcorn for u to watch a fight duel war what ever u call it lol

[quote name='Mooby']Amalur complete (Steam key) will probably be $15 next month on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I decided to pull a Mooby and just be a hard ass and wait it out for a cheaper price or no deal. ;)

$15 is probably still a few $s too much considering the complete (Origin) version has been $12 on Amazon before but eh, it's better than $25.

Oh and Cap, thanks for the fart pics. :p

I'm just 4-5 hours into Amalur and I've enjoyed it so far. The damn side quests that have you running to hell and back instead of moving the story forward kind of suck, but the combat is quick and it is a pretty game.

That said, everyone should buy FAR CRY 3! Great game, had so much fun with it!

I can't imagine putting 100 hours into a game I didn't enjoy... I spent 45 minutes playing a silly bug-shooting game last night (Earth Defense Force) and promptly uninstalled because it was sort-of fun but too repetitive for me.

That being said, I loved Kingdoms of Amalur, but not enough to 100% the game. Super fun combat.

Seriously, Ubisoft? A whole weekend dedicated to you, and a whole day dedicated to Assassin's Creed and we still only get 66% off of Revelations?

I really enjoyed AC2 and Brotherhood, but got tired of Revelations. Was planning on picking up AC3 for the setting. Does anyone else have a recommendation with similar experiences?

Hey everyone just wanted to put in a really quick message about Enhanced Steam. There have been a few new features added to the Google Chrome version of the plugin, most notably that it includes widescreen / mutlimonitor certification badges from the WSGF.

More importantly, there was a HUGE update to the Firefox version that I sent to Mozilla this morning and should be out hopefully today or tomorrow. The Firefox update includes all of the EnhancedSteam.com integrated features such as DLC categorization, Metacritic user scores, WSGF certifications, and more.

If you don't already have it, or if you have any questions, bug reports, or feature suggestions be sure to check out the link in my signature. :)

[quote name='Palinn']Has anyone played the Hard Times DLC for Rochard yet? Any good? It is on sale right now for $1.49 which is only 25% off but still cheap.

"The new content includes four new, incredibly challenging puzzle levels: 'Container Chaos', 'Shaft Shuffle', 'Brainyard' and 'Assembly Line'. These levels were created as a response to fans that found the original stages a bit too easy. The ‘Hard Times’ content is designed to use all of the existing game mechanics, with an emphasis on puzzle-solving as opposed to combat, and offers a difficult test for even the most experienced players."[/QUOTE]

I haven't played, but how many levels are in the base game? $2 for four levels seems like a pretty good deal as far as DLC goes.

[quote name='jshackles']Hey everyone just wanted to put in a really quick message about Enhanced Steam. There have been a few new features added to the Google Chrome version of the plugin, most notably that it includes widescreen / mutlimonitor certification badges from the WSGF.

More importantly, there was a HUGE update to the Firefox version that I sent to Mozilla this morning and should be out hopefully today or tomorrow. The Firefox update includes all of the EnhancedSteam.com integrated features such as DLC categorization, Metacritic user scores, WSGF certifications, and more.

If you don't already have it, or if you have any questions, bug reports, or feature suggestions be sure to check out the link in my signature. :)[/QUOTE]

This is GREAT news since I still mostly use Firefox. Thanks for all your work on this.

Does anyone know if there's been word whether Dragon's Dogma will ever get a PC Port? It's $15 for consoles right now at Best Buy with Rewardzone coupon, but if there's any chance it'd come to PC I'd rather wait. However, I find it rare for AAA titles to ever go lower than $10-15 on console, so I'm tempted to bite at this price....

I know this is a Steam thread and I probably should not be asking about console games, but I ask here because I'd *rather* have it on Steam if possible. Any thoughts?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How do the Ass Creed games play on PC?

Thinking about grabbing Revelations and 3.[/QUOTE]

Didn't I say it was time for some Assassin's Creed discussion?

They play fantastically on the PC, though I'd strongly suggest using a controller and not mouse/keyboard.

[quote name='Motoki']Waits for the inevitable TL;DR pages of discussion about Assassins Creed from MysterD and Idiotekque.[/QUOTE]

:p

[quote name='imac2much']Does anyone know if there's been word whether Dragon's Dogma will ever get a PC Port? It's $15 for consoles right now at Best Buy with Rewardzone coupon, but if there's any chance it'd come to PC I'd rather wait. However, I find it rare for AAA titles to ever go lower than $10-15 on console, so I'm tempted to bite at this price....

I know this is a Steam thread and I probably should not be asking about console games, but I ask here because I'd *rather* have it on Steam if possible. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
First off I would seriously consider waiting for the new Dragon's Dogma expansion thing coming out before you buy Dragon's Dogma. The new expansion is only available if you buy it in the dual pack with the game+expansion.

The new expansion also features gameplay enhancements to the base game that are only avaiable if you buy the expansion. So personally I say wait.

Now to answer your PC port question, I am going to guess no. The game has been out so long that I believe capcom would of announced it already.

[quote name='gilby']Didn't I say it was time for some Assassin's Creed discussion?

They play fantastically on the PC, though I'd strongly suggest using a controller and not mouse/keyboard.[/QUOTE]
Great, I will get Ass Creed Revelations and III now. When the DLC for III goes cheap I will buy it. I still have 2, Brotherhood and if I buy Revelations that to go through so the DLC will drop sometime ;).

[quote name='Palinn']Has anyone played the Hard Times DLC for Rochard yet? Any good? It is on sale right now for $1.49 which is only 25% off but still cheap.

"The new content includes four new, incredibly challenging puzzle levels: 'Container Chaos', 'Shaft Shuffle', 'Brainyard' and 'Assembly Line'. These levels were created as a response to fans that found the original stages a bit too easy. The ‘Hard Times’ content is designed to use all of the existing game mechanics, with an emphasis on puzzle-solving as opposed to combat, and offers a difficult test for even the most experienced players."[/QUOTE]

I liked Rochard and didn't find it particularly difficult, though I never once said to myself "I wish I had four more levels that are incredibly challenging".

[quote name='jshackles']Seriously, Ubisoft? A whole weekend dedicated to you, and a whole day dedicated to Assassin's Creed and we still only get 66% off of Revelations?[/QUOTE]

That's where I'm at as well. 75% off or bust.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']First off I would seriously consider waiting for the new Dragon's Dogma expansion thing coming out before you buy Dragon's Dogma. The new expansion is only available if you buy it in the dual pack with the game+expansion.

The new expansion also features gameplay enhancements to the base game that are only avaiable if you buy the expansion. So personally I say wait.

Now to answer your PC port question, I am going to guess no. The game has been out so long that I believe capcom would of announced it already.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that about the Dark Arisen dual pack. Also, it seems like there's no PC port coming up for DD, but I'll wait for the expansion dual pack to get cheaper anyway. I assumed DA would come out as DLC, but I should have known that Capcom would want to milk everyone for all their money... I still have a bitter taste in my mouth with UMvC3 coming out 9 months after MvC3 :/ Thanks!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...lans-for-dragons-dogma-pc-after-twitter-gaffe

[quote name='imac2much']Oh man, thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that about the Dark Arisen dual pack. Also, it seems like there's no PC port coming up for DD, but I'll wait for the expansion dual pack to get cheaper anyway. I assumed DA would come out as DLC, but I should have known that Capcom would want to milk everyone for all their money... I still have a bitter taste in my mouth with UMvC3 coming out 9 months after MvC3 :/ Thanks!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...lans-for-dragons-dogma-pc-after-twitter-gaffe[/QUOTE]
I bought Dragon's Dogma for like $20 during the hoildays, found out about the dual pack and now I am waiting for the Dual Pack to drop cheap to get it. Dragon's Dogma is an awesome game, but because of capcom's fucking idiocy, you have to buy the full pack (and there is no way to just buy the expansion separate).

I just bought Ass Creed Revelations and III (Standard). I will wait for the DLC to drop to $10-15 for III because I have the other games to go through.

[quote name='imac2much']Oh man, thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that about the Dark Arisen dual pack. Also, it seems like there's no PC port coming up for DD, but I'll wait for the expansion dual pack to get cheaper anyway. I assumed DA would come out as DLC, but I should have known that Capcom would want to milk everyone for all their money... I still have a bitter taste in my mouth with UMvC3 coming out 9 months after MvC3 :/ Thanks!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...lans-for-dragons-dogma-pc-after-twitter-gaffe[/QUOTE]

There's a couple of UK sites selling the Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (pre-order) cheaper ~$25 US shipped. I ordered from Zavvi but there's one other site too.

Apparently PS3 can run UK games but connects to the EU PSN so you can't get DLC easily through but I guess this version should have all the DLC on it already anyway.

[quote name='jshackles']More importantly, there was a HUGE update to the Firefox version that I sent to Mozilla this morning and should be out hopefully today or tomorrow. The Firefox update includes all of the EnhancedSteam.com integrated features such as DLC categorization, Metacritic user scores, WSGF certifications, and more.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to that. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Motoki']There's a couple of UK sites selling the Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (pre-order) cheaper ~$25 US shipped. I ordered from Zavvi but there's one other site too.

Apparently PS3 can run UK games but connects to the EU PSN so you can't get DLC easily through but I guess this version should have all the DLC on it already anyway.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's a crazy price! Thanks for the info! I'll probably wait though since I don't mind waiting another year if it may drop to the $10-15 range. :)

[quote name='DonRamon']On 35% off the AC pack?? That was aaaanti climatic!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah the pack is WAY lame, considering the price of all of the items in the pack is $6.71 cheaper than buying the pack.

[quote name='jshackles']Yeah the pack is WAY lame, considering the price of all of the items in the pack is $6.71 cheaper than buying the pack.[/QUOTE]

At least they tell you that right on the pack page. Of course that hasn't stopped it from being the #7 top seller right now and will probably break into the top 5 by tomorrow. Maybe it works out differently in other countries?

[quote name='jshackles']Yeah the pack is WAY lame, considering the price of all of the items in the pack is $6.71 cheaper than buying the pack.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully its a price mistake and they will fix it to 50% off later :D

[quote name='MysterD']Masochists, eh?
[/QUOTE]

it's really not a hard game once you learn to parry tbh

i feel like everyone gets intimidated by the way people who barely played it (reviewers) talked about it at release

it's an amazing game, probably my favorite of the last 10 years

also ruined games like amalur and risen 2 for me because the combat just feels SO RIGHT

and dat enemy design, fuck

2zggtqc.jpg

but i digress, i just look for any excuse to talk about dark souls

[quote name='tebowdragon15']what party are we having lol a duel party. here popcorn for u to watch a fight duel war what ever u call it lol[/QUOTE]

{hums the beat to "Hang 'Em High" by Sadat X"}

EDIT:
[quote name='vince_carter']it's really not a hard game once you learn to parry tbh

i feel like everyone gets intimidated by the way people who barely played it (reviewers) talked about it at release

also ruined games like amalur and risen 2 for me because the combat just feels SO RIGHT

2zggtqc.jpg

but i digress, i just look for any excuse to talk about dark souls[/QUOTE]

In Dark Souls PTD, I've made my way...
...To The Depths. Got around over 37 hours into it.
I'm terrible at this game.
Those basilisks drive me nuts w/ their cursing.
I made my way to The Gaping Dragon earlier today.

EDIT 2:
[quote name='Motoki']Waits for the inevitable TL;DR pages of discussion about Assassins Creed from MysterD and Idiotekque.[/QUOTE]
MysterD thinks he needs a little vacation away from AC series, after recently playing ACB + ACR.
IMHO, I still think AC2 + ACB are the best ones in the franchise, so far.
Still ain't played AC3, though.

EDIT 3:
[quote name='gilby']Didn't I say it was time for some Assassin's Creed discussion?

They play fantastically on the PC, though I'd strongly suggest using a controller and not mouse/keyboard.

:p[/QUOTE]
THIS.
Games loaded w/ tons and tons of platforming - those usually play better w/ Control-Pad, IMHO.

[quote name='vince_carter']it's really not a hard game once you learn to parry tbh

2zggtqc.jpg

but i digress, i just look for any excuse to talk about dark souls[/QUOTE]

Me, I've made my way...
...To The Depths. Got around over 37 hours into it.
I'm terrible at this game.
Those basilisks drive me nuts w/ their cursing.
I made my way to The Gaping Dragon earlier today.

[quote name='jshackles']Seriously, Ubisoft? A whole weekend dedicated to you, and a whole day dedicated to Assassin's Creed and we still only get 66% off of Revelations?[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It felt like a mash up of a lot of RPG games into one.[/QUOTE]
I'll agree with that sentiment, although for me it felt like they sat down, figured out what "worked" in other popular RPGs, and adapted those features into the game, and relatively successfully, I might add.

I guess a lot of people saw that as a bad thing, but I liked it.

[quote name='Fonz72']I'm just 4-5 hours into Amalur and I've enjoyed it so far. The damn side quests that have you running to hell and back instead of moving the story forward kind of suck, but the combat is quick and it is a pretty game.[/QUOTE]
As has been said, if you don't like the side quests, don't do them. They are called side quests for a reason. ;)

[quote name='crabbit']I can't imagine putting 100 hours into a game I didn't enjoy... I spent 45 minutes playing a silly bug-shooting game last night (Earth Defense Force) and promptly uninstalled because it was sort-of fun but too repetitive for me.

That being said, I loved Kingdoms of Amalur, but not enough to 100% the game. Super fun combat.[/QUOTE]
I ain't big on it either, but I keep it in my library because for some reason everyone in BGCQ is raving about it right now. Why would you guys rather play EDF instead of NZA!? It boggles my mind.

I'm in the same boat as you, EDF is repetitive and there's no impact to your hits, enemies just "vaporizing" away. The only thing enjoyable for me is firing my massive electric railgun that kills everything (including my teammates).

One sec, lemme write up a novel.

[quote name='jshackles']Hey everyone just wanted to put in a really quick message about Enhanced Steam. There have been a few new features added to the Google Chrome version of the plugin, most notably that it includes widescreen / mutlimonitor certification badges from the WSGF.

If you don't already have it, or if you have any questions, bug reports, or feature suggestions be sure to check out the link in my signature. :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks J! That will be an awesome feature, truly.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Now to answer your PC port question, I am going to guess no. The game has been out so long that I believe capcom would of announced it already.[/QUOTE]
How long did it take them to announce the Revelations port? I'm still with you thinking DD won't get a port, but who knows.

[quote name='Idiotekque']

How long did it take them to announce the Revelations port? I'm still with you thinking DD won't get a port, but who knows.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention that DD might have some other DRM attached to it *cough* games for shitdows live *cough*. Capcom seems to like to throw unnecessary DRM into the mix (don't know as of lately but I know in the past they were).

Got back to playing Ass Creed 2 as I slowly work through the series. I love the game except and this is a big except and that is for the whole controls. It's too fucking easy to do something you don't want happening, happen. As of falling off a building, grabbing the wrong thing, jumping in the wrong direction, etc. I was almost about to put my controller down and say fuck it after the one race mission, lol.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Not to mention that DD might have some other DRM attached to it *cough* games for shitdows live *cough*. Capcom seems to like to throw unnecessary DRM into the mix (don't know as of lately but I know in the past they were).
[/QUOTE]

Capcom announced a bit ago around when we knew DMC (2013 Reboot) PC version was Steam-required...
...as long as Christian Svensson (Corporate Officer/Senior Vice-President Of Capcom USA) has a say in what happens w/ PC versions, he (currently) wants Steam for their games on the PC:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...ibility-in-future-titles?post_num=5#528242479

Jan 20, 2013 -- 1:46PM, Professor Icepick wrote:
Are we even sure that the jump from GfWL to Steamworks is even permanent? I thought it was just a test-run for the time being: a rare case of CoJ showing the vaguest glimmer of competence, before reverting to form in no time flat by the time the next Capcom game that, by some untold miracle, manages to get a PC version.
Christian Svensson, Corporate Officer/Senior Vice-President (of Capcom USA):
Actually, I directed the change. While "permanent" is far too inflexible a word to use, for the titles I've been involved with (which is the most but not all of PC projects in the company), it's the approach we're going with for the forseeable future.

How long did it take them to announce the Revelations port? I'm still with you thinking DD won't get a port, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

Well they have said that because of the way pawns in the game work, it'd be more complicated to port Dragon's Dogma to PC than their other games and that it was unlikely because of that. (Basically they don't want to pay for pawn servers for PC)

How long did it take them to announce the Revelations port?[/QUOTE]
Resident Evil: Revelations PC version was announced in late January 2013:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-finally-announced-for-pc-ps3-wii-u-xbox-360

I'm still with you thinking DD won't get a port, but who knows.
I still would love to see Dragon's Dogma get a PC port.

EDIT:
[quote name='Jon7']Well they have said that because of the way pawns in the game work, it'd be more complicated to port Dragon's Dogma to PC than their other games and that it was unlikely because of that. (Basically they don't want to pay for pawn servers for PC)[/QUOTE]
I am I missing something here w/ how Pawn System works on consoles?
Why not have players put their Pawns up on Steam Workshop?
I wonder how much time and money it'd cost for Capcom to implement.
Hmmm...Does Steam handle all of the servers for games supporting Steam Workshop?

[quote name='Preedatore']In Sleeping Dogs there is a side mission where you are instructed to pick up pop cans.[/QUOTE]

Do you wonder sometimes if the developers just throw crap like that in there to see if anyone notices?

Or do you think they are jumping on the "X number of hours of gameplay*" bandwagon?

*: most of which, you'll be cleaning up the streets of Tokyo**

**: and by "cleaning up the streets" we really mean "taking out the trash"***

***: literally****

****: litter-ally? Get it?!?! :lol:

[quote name='jshackles']Do you wonder sometimes if the developers just throw crap like that in there to see if anyone notices?

Or do you think they are jumping on the "X number of hours of gameplay*" bandwagon?

[/QUOTE]

I think his point was that they are "POP cans." Not soda cans.

[quote name='jshackles']Do you wonder sometimes if the developers just throw crap like that in there to see if anyone notices?

[/QUOTE]

Well, you pick up pop cans then run from the police across a few rooftops. So it's a pretty in depth mission.

The main takeaway from it is POP cans, not soda.

Edit: I only brought it up again since I did see it while playing a Steam game, so it is on topic.

offsite_728x90_DOVEmen_v1.jpg

lol.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me, the free game thing is tomorrow. Wonder what exciting things will be bestowed upon the throngs of disgruntled gamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back