The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pROvIs']Stole this from Slick Deals.

$7.50 for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum Steam code @ game agent.

Apparently this is a Mac store but the game is steam play so it gives you both versions. I believe this is the cheapest it has been.

http://www.gameagent.com/games/rollercoaster-tycoon-3-platinum

Use coupon code: 9to5RCT3P

(Note I had to pay tax in MN)[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks a lot for pointing that out here. I just picked up a copy. I figure that unless they actually reduce the MSRP on the game, the best any future deal on this will be will merely match this one.

I threw a little rep your way on Slickdeals for good measure. Pretty close to a pointless gesture for all that Rep is worth, but what the hell?

For those who are wondering, payment is made via credit/debit card or Paypal.

[quote name='EarthKing']Are there any good multiplayer only game (preferably less than $20) I can download? The only game I got is CS: GO and would like to broad it up. How often do games go on sale?? Is Insurgency good? How about Max Payne 3 multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

So you want team based or solo?

Team based you can look into stuff like L4D or Killing Floor.

Team Fortress 2 also (which is F2P)

Blacklight (F2P)

[quote name='EarthKing']Are there any good multiplayer only game (preferably less than $20) I can download? The only game I got is CS: GO and would like to broad it up. How often do games go on sale?? Is Insurgency good? How about Max Payne 3 multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
I've heard Max Payne 3 MP is dead.

Payday is my go to co-op game. L4D is also very good. TF2 is pretty nice. Tribes was good for a while but has died off. Blacklight is CoD only free to play and pretty nice. Gotham City Imposters was great F2P except they never patched the damn game to increase stability so the community is dying.

Apparently this is a Mac store but the game is steam play so it gives you both versions. I believe this is the cheapest it has been.

Thanks. Been looking to replace my discs for awhile on this one but Atari never put it below $10.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I've heard Max Payne 3 MP is dead.

Payday is my go to co-op game. L4D is also very good. TF2 is pretty nice. Tribes was good for a while but has died off. Blacklight is CoD only free to play and pretty nice. Gotham City Imposters was great F2P except they never patched the damn game to increase stability so the community is dying.[/QUOTE]

Thanx. I don't always play multiplayer games...Any game (less than $20 preferably) that I can buy for multiplayer??

Just be patient with sales. Add things to wish list and follow this thread, the steam group trade/buy, amazon DVG, gamers gate, and green man gaming theads. In a few months your virtual pile of shame will be respectable enough.

[quote name='The End']Hey, thanks a lot for pointing that out here. I just picked up a copy. I figure that unless they actually reduce the MSRP on the game, the best any future deal on this will be will merely match this one.

I threw a little rep your way on Slickdeals for good measure. Pretty close to a pointless gesture for all that Rep is worth, but what the hell?

For those who are wondering, payment is made via credit/debit card or Paypal.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I keep a largely low profile there. They post good deals but largely the community are succubi and are all about exploiting the deal as much as possible for their own benefit. There is very little honor among cheapskates there. Lol

APB Reloaded is an awesome Saint's Row-esque TPS MMO, and it seriously has the best character customization in any game, ever. It ain't P2W either, as subbing only gets you more XP and money, and paying for weapons just gets you upgrades earlier on.

Today's deal is Ticket to Ride Complete at 70% off ($5.99)
Ticket to Ride - 70% off ($2.99)
Europe DLC - 80% off ($0.99)
Legendary Asia DLC - 75% off ($0.99)
Switzerland DLC - 75% off ($0.99)
USA 1910 DLC - 50% off ($0.99)

Today's Rockstar Deal is the GTA Collection at 75% off
GTA Complete Pack - $12.49
GTA IV Complete - $7.49
GTA IV - $4.99
Episodes from Liberty City - $4.99
San Andreas - $3.74
Vice City - $2.49

[quote name='sunasun']Just bought Max Payne 1 and 2 for 3.74 woohoo 80% off
Can't wait to go around as Mr Bean and kill people with a teddy bear.
:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

But, Mr. Bean barely talks, though he might make grumbles here and there....
...while Max Payne doesn't ever shut-up, whether he's talking aloud or we're actually hearing his thoughts... ;)

Either way, both characters (Mr. Bean and Max Payne) are great.

[quote name='louiedog']
Today's Rockstar Deal is the GTA Collection at 75% off
GTA Complete Pack - $12.49
GTA IV Complete - $7.49
GTA IV - $4.99
Episodes from Liberty City - $4.99
San Andreas - $3.74
Vice City - $2.49[/QUOTE]

You really just can't go wrong w/ the GTA series....
Love that series - but I especially love VICE CITY.
I'd still love to see VICE CITY 2.

[quote name='MysterD']You really just can't go wrong w/ the GTA series....
Love that series - but I especially love VICE CITY.
I'd still love to see VICE CITY 2.[/QUOTE]

The way you worded this makes me think of the old Pokemon games, where you could pick a word from a list of words to describe how you're feeling. Coincidentally, I think most GTA games are rehashed, "fill-in-the-blanks-with-stereotypes" clones anyway. ;)

I see, so you like to CHARMANDER while you ROCK SLIDE. Hmm, thanks!

[quote name='Blade']The way you worded this makes me think of the old Pokemon games, where you could pick a word from a list of words to describe how you're feeling. Coincidentally, I think most GTA games are rehashed, "fill-in-the-blanks-with-stereotypes" clones anyway. ;)

I see, so you like to CHARMANDER while you ROCK SLIDE. Hmm, thanks![/QUOTE]

GTA games are open-world games w/ (linear) missions. Sure, the formula in general hasn't really changed much over the years - you know, like most games in most franchises.

In this world of greenlighted DLC's; expansion-sequels and full-blown sequels like crazy; lots of COD-clones; yearly iterations (COD's being release every year; a new AC game every year; etc etc); BioWare RPG's; Bethesda RPG's; etc - we really could go on and on and on and on and on about games and genres being rehashed, homogenized, hybrid-ed, rebooted, remade, and whatnot...

EDIT:
Point is - For $12.49, that's A LOT of GTA, for your money. If one likes the series, that's a hell of a buy.
Just like how the TR Complete Pack on GMG for $15 before coupon / $12 after is probably a hell of a buy, if you like the TR series.
{shrug}

I enjoyed all of the GTA's since 3 quite a bit, although I find myself with each passing game doing less and less of the "side stuff" and sticking to the critical path more often. When open world games first started it was really fun to go off and find collectibles, find weird side missions, and so forth.But these days I have less patience with that stuff unless it's really compelling to do. Hopefully next gen will breathe new life to the genre. Watch Dogs I'm looking at you!

I decided to bite on the GTA Complete Pack. I've always been a big fan of the GTA series. Vice City is particular was a favorite but I really enjoyed IV as well, especially the Episodes from Liberty City DLCs. Those were awesome.

IMO, they've changed the way collectables are and not always for the better. A prime bad example is the 200 flying rats achieve on GTA4, dull tedious and not possible without a guide or way too much time (that you could be spending doing something fun), AC2's 200 feather achieve is similarly bad, A good example is Batman AC's collecting all the riddler trophies. You run across all of them in the course of the game, but you have to solve puzzles/feats to obtain many of them.

Edit: meant to add that AC: B's finding all the leaps of faith and some collectable were rather enjoyable.

So I've never played a GTA game *hangs head in shame*

Vice City is a great price, so I might pick that up, but I've got two questions:

1. Does it have native controller support (dealbreaker for me, as I'd just get it for PS2/PS3 if not)
2. Does it include the whole original soundtrack (the PSN version is missing several songs, such as the Michael Jackson ones)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So I've never played a GTA game *hangs head in shame*

Vice City is a great price, so I might pick that up, but I've got two questions:

1. Does it have native controller support (dealbreaker for me, as I'd just get it for PS2/PS3 if not)
2. Does it include the whole original soundtrack (the PSN version is missing several songs, such as the Michael Jackson ones)[/QUOTE]

Works with ps2 to usb adapter. I don't think the right analog stick works with 360 controller unless you use 3rd party program.

[quote name='tfr']Works with ps2 to usb adapter. I don't think the right analog stick works with 360 controller unless you use 3rd party program.[/QUOTE]

I've been using a Dualshock 3 with MotionJoy. If I set it to recognize it as a Dualshock 2, would that work? I'd rather not buy an adapter for one game.

Vice City is the edited audio one. The game was removed from Steam and everyone who had the game in their account or as a gift before the removal kept the old soundtrack. All new purchases will have the edited audio.

Would anyone be interested in a partial trade for this? I want the pack but don't want to pay twelve bucks for it. >_> I have Starcraft (Battle.net) and I'd pay you some additional money in PayPal.

A U.S. buddy is buying one now to see if the codes work. Apparently he checked some website and there is no VPN check on the game.

[quote name='ezelkow1']wouldnt mind giving it a shot, just dont understand their date format, ÅÅÅÅMMDD-NNNN ?[/QUOTE]

AAAA = Year, MMDD = Month/Date. The NNNN is some Swedish personal identification number but apparently that's not needed or you could enter 1234.

[quote name='Mooby']AAAA = Year, MMDD = Month/Date. The NNNN is some Swedish personal identification number but apparently that's not needed or you could enter 1234.[/QUOTE]

Yea, thats what I figured it was, but just putting in a random number for NNNN doesnt work for me

Even at $2.20, I'm not sure that I even want Dead Island Riptide. Why the hell is it so cheap though? Is there some sort of price mistake involved?

[quote name='MysterD']GTA games are open-world games w/ (linear) missions. Sure, the formula in general hasn't really changed much over the years - you know, like most games in most franchises.

In this world of greenlighted DLC's; expansion-sequels and full-blown sequels like crazy; lots of COD-clones; yearly iterations (COD's being release every year; a new AC game every year; etc etc); BioWare RPG's; Bethesda RPG's; etc - we really could go on and on and on and on and on about games and genres being rehashed, homogenized, hybrid-ed, rebooted, remade, and whatnot...

EDIT:
Point is - For $12.49, that's A LOT of GTA, for your money. If one likes the series, that's a hell of a buy.
Just like how the TR Complete Pack on GMG for $15 before coupon / $12 after is probably a hell of a buy, if you like the TR series.
{shrug}[/QUOTE]

I played III, Vice City, then a few missions of San Andreas before stopping because I couldn't tolerate anymore. It's all the same mindless lawbreaking, which is incredibly boring and played out in media. I found Saint's Row to be somewhat better because it's so over-the-top.

You are indeed entitled to your own opinion and can compare them to other played-out franchises all you want. I just think GTA is a shitty, over-hyped series.

[quote name='The End']Even at $2.20, I'm not sure that I even want Dead Island Riptide. Why the hell is it so cheap though? Is there some sort of price mistake involved?[/QUOTE]

It's a mistake or they think they're discounting the 1st game maybe. Not even shady CD key reseller sites have it near this cheap.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I've been using a Dualshock 3 with MotionJoy. If I set it to recognize it as a Dualshock 2, would that work? I'd rather not buy an adapter for one game.[/QUOTE]

if motionjoy uses directinput and not xinput, then yes.

I am a fan of the Roller Coaster Tycoon series, bought the game and thanks for the deal.

[quote name='Blade']The way you worded this makes me think of the old Pokemon games, where you could pick a word from a list of words to describe how you're feeling. Coincidentally, I think most GTA games are rehashed, "fill-in-the-blanks-with-stereotypes" clones anyway. ;)

I see, so you like to CHARMANDER while you ROCK SLIDE. Hmm, thanks![/QUOTE]
What I'd love to see is POKEMON on Steam...
Really can't go wrong with a series like that.
I'd love to see FIRERED and LEAFGREEN.

I'm seeing the ticket to ride complete pack at $3.59. Anyone else see this?

Nevermind, it fixed itself before I could complete the transaction.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']I'm seeing the ticket to ride complete pack at $3.59. Anyone else see this?[/QUOTE]
$5.99 here.

But hey, if you can buy one for $3.59 for me, I'd be happy to reimburse you. ;)

[quote name='Blade']I played III, Vice City, then a few missions of San Andreas before stopping because I couldn't tolerate anymore. It's all the same mindless lawbreaking, which is incredibly boring and played out in media. I found Saint's Row to be somewhat better because it's so over-the-top.[/quote]

GTA4 felt A LOT more grounded - namely in combat and the graphics style - than the over-the-top GTA3, VC, and SA.
Well, same can't be said about Ballad of Gay Tony, though - it feels more like Vice City in gameplay, actually.

You are indeed entitled to your own opinion and can compare them to other played-out franchises all you want. I just think GTA is a shitty, over-hyped series.
I'm glad, over the years, GTA and SR have became different in tone and style. If GTA and SR were so much alike, this open-world crime genre would be not as exciting as it is.

I really like both franchises GTA and SR franchises. While SR2 was pretty good, I really thought it came into its own w/ SR3.

EDIT:
Oh, I'd also like to say - Sleeping Dogs was pretty damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']But, Mr. Bean barely talks, though he might make grumbles here and there....
...while Max Payne doesn't ever shut-up, whether he's talking aloud or we're actually hearing his thoughts... ;)

Either way, both characters (Mr. Bean and Max Payne) are great.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']It's a mistake or they think they're discounting the 1st game maybe. Not even shady CD key reseller sites have it near this cheap.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure it's a mistake.
2.20 USD=14.4596 SEK
United States Dollars Sweden Kronor

They're currency is tanking.

[quote name='sunasun']I'm not sure it's a mistake.
2.20 USD=14.4596 SEK[/QUOTE]
At first I wasn't sure if this was a joke...

but this indicates that it must be:
[quote name='sunasun']They're currency is tanking.[/QUOTE]

;)

Rockstar is great at creating the setting for their open world games. Too bad the rest of what they do in those games is typically mired in mediocrity. Not bad, mind you, but not "ZOMG greatest game evar. 11 out of 10!!!"

The people hating on GTA, I'm wondering if you played GTA3 when it first came out or only recently? Back when it was released it was pretty groundbreaking in terms of open world gaming, at least on consoles.

[quote name='Jon7']The people hating on GTA, I'm wondering if you played GTA3 when it first came out or only recently? Back when it was released it was pretty groundbreaking in terms of open world gaming, at least on consoles.[/QUOTE]

gta3 was epic with glitches. Early access to locked areas. Keeping bulletproof cars which you are not supposed to have.
But with so many choices and a life long backlog today, wasting time on stuff like that seems silly.

[quote name='Jon7']The people hating on GTA, I'm wondering if you played GTA3 when it first came out or only recently? Back when it was released it was pretty groundbreaking in terms of open world gaming, at least on consoles.[/QUOTE]

It was my first PS2 game. GTA 3 was awesome when I was 13, but it's been essentially the same game for years now. COD is more focused and visceral, but that series is more of the same too.

LOL @ ashes. Doing crazy shit is a lot more fun in person. ;) I got most of that out of me when I was younger, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back