CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
My top 10 is games i play  sincee iwatch lots and it more what i play 2013 cause i have two game 2013 i play and one  will be 2bucks on amazon coming soon dont forget to buy and u get spank by snakey and one daily royle. 

10.warhammer goty

9. nba2k13(psp)

8. alan wake

7. was in indiegala that was call dirt

6. daily royale deal

5. bioshock 

4. specs op the line

3. capcom zombie game

2. valve zombie game

1. $2buck game 

I don't think I can do a Top 10 list for this year.

I'd have to really think about it.

This year was a good & solid year for new releases - but for me, not many games were truly amazing and standing-out.

Bioshock: Infinite so far is my GOTY for 2013 - by far. 

I liked TR 2013 quite a bit and thought it was one of the better games of 2013, but even that one wasn't even in Infinite's league.

I'll give BSI my GOTY award as well.  Followed by Metro: Last Light, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider 2013 and... umm... Tera Online for the elf panties.

Ok, so maybe not that last one but I can't be bothered to round out a top five.

I just realized BI was the only game I beat that was released this year. Everything else was older.

In fact, I've only even played a handful of games that were released this year. Besides BI, all I can think of is Antichamber and Monaco...hmm.

I'll give BSI my GOTY award as well. Followed by Metro: Last Light, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider 2013 and... umm... Tera Online for the elf panties.

Not sure if you go by your GOTY list for only games during year of release (this is how I do it) or the year when you actually play it in (I have a separate special list for games not released that year I'm picking candidates)...

....but Far Cry 3 was released in 2012, not 2013.

EDIT:

I'll give BSI my GOTY award as well. Followed by Metro: Last Light, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider 2013 and... umm... Tera Online for the elf panties.

Oh, man - Metro LL is one of those games I been wanting to play that came out this year.

It needs to get cheaper!

Not sure if you go by your GOTY list for only games during year of release (this is how I do it) or the year when you actually play it in (I have a separate special list for games not released that year)...

....but Far Cry 3 was released in 2012, not 2013.
I'm a cheap ass gamer, not a god damned calendar!

Oops

When Dementium II drops on Steam tomorrow you'll all be scrambling to revise your lists.

This is why you wait until after Christmas for GOTY decisions!

When Dementium II drops on Steam tomorrow you'll all be scrambling to revise your lists.

My GOTY 2013 List ain't finalized.

But, I do have a feeling - BS:I won't be topped.

I won't finalize my 2013 list til Jan 2014.

Meh, I think that methodology is flawed... trying to decide if a very recently released game is better than those a while back. I propose a minimum three month cutoff window. GOTY should be games no older than 15 months and no newer than 3 months.

I don't know about that.. Digital Tribe bundles everything a couple months after release. Who's gonna buy Dementium II, knowing this (aside from snakeybro)?

Meh, I think that methodology is flawed... trying to decide if a very recently released game is better than those a while back. I propose a minimum three month cutoff window. GOTY should be games no older than 15 months and no newer than 3 months.
I'm still deliberating on my top ten of 2005.

Really letting them sink in, ya know?

I'm still deliberating on my top ten of 2005.

Really letting them sink in, ya know?
2005 Top Ten
  • World of Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
Honorable Mention: World of Warcraft

my GOTY of the week as of yesterday =P~ :

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign 

liked it so much, I decided to dload the android version

I found out you cant sync your game saves cross-platform...

WORST game ever:

my GOTY of the week as of yesterday =P~ :

WORST game ever:

oh yea that game is pretty fun
for about 5 mins ;)

My top ten based on the only 10 I played from 2013:

1. Go Home Dinosaurs

2. A Walk in the Dark

3. How to Survive

4. Outlast

5. State of Decay

6. Defiance

7. Rising Storm

8. Euro Truck Simulator 2

9. Sonic All Star Racing Transformed

10.  Amnesia 2

11. Nazi Zombie Army 2

12. Contagion

13. Sir, You Are Being Hunted

14. Betrayer

15. The Dead Linger

16. Damned

17. NarcoTerror

18. Marlow Briggs

19. Sang Froid

20. Candy Shop Game

In no particular order.  

May be slightly over 10.

May not have played them all. 

who's tara long?

The fact dat the only game I've played on dis list is bioshock infinite makes me a bit sad

So yeah, Bioshock is my goty.
The only game I even own in that list is Rayman and I haven't gotten to it yet. I'll be picking up the rest of these next winter sale, probably. ;)

my GOTY of the week as of yesterday =P~ :

WORST game ever:

I wish you could sync your saves cross-platform, because my Android game is doing way better than my Steam one. I didn't know what I was doing in the beginning and I sold off a bunch of high-leveled characters. I didn't realize I'd have to collect all their covers again to get the special abilities. Also that you really need to color-coordinate abilities between team members. I have seriously considered paying for the $10 DLC multiple times in order to be able to stop grinding the same levels over and over.

My top 10 in no particular order:

Sleeping Dogs

Clash of Heroes

Walking Dead

XCOM: EU

Strong Bad

FTL

Humble Bundle

LN3000

Idling for cards

Checking the Steam thread 452 times a day

Making fun of Derick

My top games of 2013 were all on the 3DS. But we just went over the 3DS's stellar library, so I'll limit it to my Steam games of the year (that didn't necessarily come out this year).

- Gunpoint

- Ittle Dew

- Eversion

- To The Moon

I really thought I played more in the past year. I'd include Shadowrun Returns, but I kind of wandered off from it in the middle.

Popcap would be nice
Bookworm Adventures 1+2 on Steam would be nice.

Okay, sorry if these questions are retarded; I'm don't have that much technical know-how. But with the Steambox talk I was thinking, SteamOS is Linux-based, right? Does that mean it can only run Linux-supported games? What about ones that require Uplay?
You can only install Linux games directly on SteamOS. This is the preferred option.

You can also run Windows games on a remote Windows PC, stream them to your SteamOS machine and play them there (such as OnLive and other services allow you to do). Although I haven't seen it confirmed yet, I assume that if you can add Uplay (or any other) games as non-Steam games to your Windows Steam client, then you should be able to stream & play those on SteamOS as well. Yes, you need a separate Windows machine for this option.

If you *really* know what you are doing, you can also install & play most Windows games directly on your SteamOS machine using Wine. If you don't understand what this means, just pretend you didn't read this third option. If you do understand what it means, you didn't need to read it to begin with.

This post sponsored and brought to you by

depends5_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

and Sunasun DVG Enterprises

CAG Winter Sale BINGO!

Last call for anyone who thinks they might want to play. Myself, pasports31, sunasun, and MrNinjaSquirrel can invite upon request.

It plays almost like regular bingo, only instead of drawing numbered ping pong balls, we use what games go on sale. Buy-in is just $5. Deadline to get in on it is about 48 hours away!
sent you the money, thanks again for hosting this.

Happy birthday, Beethoven:

FN7VX-G7JZV-W6D4Y little inferno

3F3GC-AI5QC-3JNK4 men of war
5B8AF-E5PCJ-P55Q6 men of war: red tide
35X2F-PZJDP-FY9CW nuclear dawn
02EFX-8G9TP-WMAIK off-road drive
C6JGA5QR7MB6ANKH oil rush

4BMD6-083A6-H77WJ puzzle agent

NGI7H-H3FTM-M0FPJ trapped dead
F0CXD-FEN27-AKN99 twin sector
C9JW4-4QA5Z-80IEC dracula: origin
PWYNA-J0Q9P-AXR7G english country tune
LYGHR-XP2MB-HARXN capsized
CVXTI-TPE3P-H03FG captain brawe
VL0L6-0EQ3N-42G9X cogs
IJNZL-CAREX-A36KM crayon physics deluxe
took all of these

back when they were in their respective bundles
:bouncy:

I just realized I never actually posted, since I got distracted while looking for something to share:

Thanks for The 39 Steps.

I couldn't find much, but I did find a Reign Conflict of Nations key: E79?J-W7Z?8-R997L

Replace ? with a winged serpent.
you're welcome. :)

Maybe you don't have this game because you were waiting for a sale, but probably not, because it is always going on sale! Do the Body Hair Hop to get a Steam key for _Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag! (First person to name the game gets a key for it! So exciting!)
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Yay, now when do I get my Steam key? :wave:

It just seems like you shit on everything. Even if something is "not for you" just say that. You don't need to rip into it like the website personally disrespected your mother by offering the bundle. It's just obnoxious to continously read the negativity.

Full disclosure: It also probably doesn't help that your avatar picture seems like a guy who just needs a good punch in the face, lol. But that one is on me.
come on lighten up

this video should help :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRSbB2Eau74

Did warreni disrespect your mother?
yeah, he only left $5 on the nightstand, what a caw warren is. :rofl:

Thank-you Fox. I was beginning to think everyone had me on Ignore. 8-[
I don't have anyone on ignore, I just have all the games that have been dropped the last several weeks (because I'm a hoarder)

Waiting for my Steam key for that, should receive it in a couple days.

No, thank you! Also, I feel you should know that whenever I see your name I think of Nailin Palin.

That's funny. Since I already have you on ignore I can't even read what you posted.
that scene with the Russian was my favorite, too bad it was just a movie, we'd probably have better relations with Mother Russia.

00lisaannsarahpalin4.jpg

She could've been our president.

Palin 2016

what? it's not weird..... i just like to party
yeah, I have video of you at a party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjTzXu0Y4lM

Oh, I wasn't shocked about the words on yours, but what would show up on mine!
like snowballing, a2m, donkey show, 2 girls 1 cup, soul train?

Looks like a few people have begun posting Best of 2013 lists. It's probably as good a time as any as the avalanche of posts that coincide with the Winter Sale will make it hard to follow. 

I'm going to ignore the calendar and just stick to Steam games that I played this year the most:

[customspoiler=" loved it "]
Borderlands 2 (Timy Tina DLC)
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten
Don't Starve
Pinball FX2
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Spelunky
Super House of Dead Ninjas
The Walking Dead
Tomb Raider
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=" liked it "]
Beast Boxing Turbo
BioShock Infinite
Castle Crashers
FTL: Faster Than Light
LEGO Harry Potter
Luxor Evolved
Shadowrun Returns
Tiny Troopers
Triple Town
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=" hated it "]You don't really want to know

[/customspoiler]

You can only install Linux games directly on SteamOS. This is the preferred option.

You can also run Windows games on a remote Windows PC, stream them to your SteamOS machine and play them there (such as OnLive and other services allow you to do). Although I haven't seen it confirmed yet, I assume that if you can add Uplay (or any other) games as non-Steam games to your Windows Steam client, then you should be able to stream & play those on SteamOS as well. Yes, you need a remote Windows for this option.

If you *really* know what you are doing, you can also install & play most Windows games directly on your SteamOS machine using Wine. If you don't understand what this means, just pretend you didn't read this third option. If you do understand what it means, you didn't need to read it to begin with.
Thanks for posting this! I also found out after my previous post that Valve has addressed these questions in a recently-released FAQ: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamuniverse/discussions/1/648814395741989999/

My top games of 2013 were all on the 3DS. But we just went over the 3DS's stellar library, so I'll limit it to my Steam games of the year (that didn't necessarily come out this year).

- Gunpoint

- Ittle Dew

- Eversion

- To The Moon

I really thought I played more in the past year. I'd include Shadowrun Returns, but I kind of wandered off from it in the middle.

Bookworm Adventures 1+2 on Steam would be nice.
I feel bad for saying this because the game get so much love around here buuuuuuttttt........I really feel like To the Moon's story was really over-rated. I didn't really care much about the characters at all. The two main ones in fact started to annoy me. Really the only thing I did care for was the soundtrack.

Maybe I'm actually the Grinch that stole Christmas lol.

I feel bad for saying this because the game get so much love around here buuuuuuttttt........I really feel like To the Moon's story was really over-rated. I didn't really care much about the characters at all. The two main ones in fact started to annoy me. Really the only thing I did care for was the soundtrack.

Maybe I'm actually the Grinch that stole Christmas lol.
Funny you should say that, because I just finished To the Moon last night and I can't disagree with anything you just said. Perhaps its because I only just played the game, having listened to an entire year of hype, but I had sky-high expectations.

I thought the story was ok, but not amazing, the soundtrack was very nice, the graphics were sub-par, and the "gameplay" was below average. I will also preface the rest of my comments by saying that I've played (and enjoyed most) all the classic NES/Genesis/SNES RPGs that have similar presentations.

The game is very heavy on conversation and the sheer amount of clicking per-hour just to advance through all of the text is very annoying. Some of it feels like one very long cutscene that constantly requires your interaction.

The rest of the game is a pixel hunt, in which you are forced to wander around the very cluttered levels (and character/object blocking is not generous) finding tiny objects for you to click. In one particularly heinous level, you are forced to find stuff under the aforementioned conditions... in the dark. To make matters worse, the resolution is locked at 640x480. Yes, it's a limitation of the engine, but... really?

The story was sweet, I suppose. I managed to avoid spoilers before I played - but not the hype - so I'll admit that my experience may have been tainted. But, really, the "reverse" story telling is nothing new and the revelations along the way weren't that amazing. I honestly cared very little for any of the characters, but I did enjoy of few of the childhood moments. They just really didn't give me many reasons to care about River or Johnny.

Unfortunately, the game, for me, has fallen prey to hype and a horrible game engine. My advice? Buy the soundtrack. Then save yourself a massive amount of time (and clicking) and read the story online.

Funny you should say that, because I just finished To the Moon last night and I can't disagree with anything you just said. Perhaps its because I only just played the game, having listened to an entire year of hype, but I had sky-high expectations.

I thought the story was ok, but not amazing, the soundtrack was very nice, the graphics were sub-par, and the "gameplay" was below average. I will also preface the rest of my comments by saying that I've played (and enjoyed most) all the classic NES/Genesis/SNES RPGs that have similar presentations.

The game is very heavy on conversation and the sheer amount of clicking per-hour just to advance through all of the text is very annoying. Some of it feels like one very long cutscene that constantly requires your interaction.

The rest of the game is a pixel hunt, in which you are forced to wander around the very cluttered levels (and character/object blocking is not generous) finding tiny objects for you to click. In one particularly heinous level, you are forced to find stuff under the aforementioned conditions... in the dark. To make matters worse, the resolution is locked at 640x480. Yes, it's a limitation of the engine, but... really?

The story was sweet, I suppose. I managed to avoid spoilers before I played - but not the hype - so I'll admit that my experience may have been tainted. But, really, the "reverse" story telling is nothing new and the revelations along the way weren't that amazing. I honestly cared very little for any of the characters, but I did enjoy of few of the childhood moments. They just really didn't give me many reasons to care about River or Johnny.

Unfortunately, the game, for me, has fallen prey to hype and a horrible game engine. My advice? Buy the soundtrack. Then save yourself a massive amount of time (and clicking) and read the story online.
How many hours did you have to suffer through?

my 2013 list is very strange and is made up of mostly remakes or sequels

1.luigis mansion dark moon

2. agarest war 

3. enslaved complete

How many hours did you have to suffer through?
Steam says about 4 hours.

It really began to feel like a chore after a while to continue clicking through dialogue, but I hung in there because I anticipated a big payoff with the story. Don't get me wrong... it's worth a read, but it's the kind of thing that really would have been better condensed into about 45 minutes and with a lot less clicking/pixel hunting.

I don't know how good of a deal this is, but Gamefly has a 2k BYOB which includes Bioshock Infinite, so there's possibly a configuration there that'd at least resemble a decent deal.

I haven't played enough games from 2013 to have a best of list. I mean, I could make one, but it'd be based entirely on the results when you google image search their title + "cats". That does mean that there's a good chance that Bioshock Infinite would be at the top of my list, though.

My top 20 games released on Steam in 2013 (that I've played more than 30 minutes of.)

1. Bioshock Infinite (completed)

2. Worms Armageddon

3. Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed

4. Retrovirus

5. Electronic Super Joy

6. Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate

7. Rise of the Triad

8. Poker Night 2

9. Pinball FX2 (while I did play more than 30 minutes, I didn't play enough to really get a fair idea if whether I liked it or not.)

10. DLC Quest

Yes, I do realise that at least two of those games were released (outside of Steam) before the first of Jan this year; and no, I didn't mistype any numbers in this post.

my top 10 that I PLAYED this year...i'm not doing top 10 that were released. that list would be way too short...I'll keep it to games released in the last 2-3 years at least:

1) Binding of Isaac

2) Bioshock Infinite

3) Pinball FX 2

4)  Spelunky

5) Borderlands 2

6) Mass Effect 3

7)  Xcom: Enemy Unknown

8)  FTL

9) Batman: Arkham City

10) Torchlight 2

Edit-- Honorable mention: Antichamber

I based this essentially solely around how much enjoyment I got out of the playing the games, while slightly giving thought to and giving brownie points to things such as outstanding story, unique art style, innovative gameplay, etc

CAG STEAM SALE BINGO!

If you are a member of the Steam group and still interested in playing you have less than 24 hours to check out the latest announcement, and sign up in the sign up thread.

If you think you might be interested in playing or want more info, check out this announcement, and shoot me a private message.

And everyone who has already signed up in the sign-up thread, get the word out on Steam PM or CAG PM and get more sign-ups!

my top 10 that I PLAYED this year...i'm not doing top 10 that were released. that list would be way too short...I'll keep it to games released in the last 2-3 years at least:

1) Binding of Isaac
2) Bioshock Infinite
3) Pinball FX 2
4) Spelunky
5) Borderlands 2
6) Mass Effect 3
7) Xcom: Enemy Unknown
8) FTL
9) Batman: Arkham City
10) Torchlight 2

Edit-- Honorable mention: Antichamber

I based this essentially solely around how much enjoyment I got out of the playing the games, while slightly giving thought to and giving brownie points to things such as outstanding story, unique art style, innovative gameplay, etc
Big YES for Binding of Isaac! I really enjoyed playing it when I got into it a year ago. I wish I could discover it again. After beating it multiple times I got the urge to move on, but it still holds a special place in my twisted, black heart.

Big YES for Binding of Isaac! I really enjoyed playing it when I got into it a year ago. I wish I could discover it again. After beating it multiple times I got the urge to move on, but it still holds a special place in my twisted, black heart.
According to Steam, I have 45 hours played on it this year. The only games I played more than that were Oblivion (Xbox-185 hours!!!!) Fallout New Vegas (Xbox-65 hrs) and Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition (85 hrs). Oblivion/FONV were both replays and released a while ago, so didn't make the list, and Baldur's Gate was released like, god knows how long ago.

Binding of Isaac is sick though. So many items to get, different characters that have a HUGE impact on gameplay, different endings, secrets, an expansion that adds a TON - I still have awhile to go before I'm done w/this game. This was my daily play - usually I have one game I'm "working on" (currently Demon's Souls) as well as one that's arcadey that I play every day (currently Pinball FX 2). Binding of Isaac was that for months. Love it.

Nice sale on the Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior expansion for $3.75 at uPlay (they give you a steam key!):
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.291435900/Chivalry%3A_Deadliest_Warrior.html

Also Chivalry itself for $8.50:
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.265286900/Chivalry%3A_Medieval_Warfare.html

Use coupon 10thanks for an extra 10% off.
What happened to Chivalry: Deadly Warrior and Chivalry: Deadlier Warrior? Seems a bit premature to jump right to the deadliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back