CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nQuvjL9ELw

Adds a recreation of Big Surf Island and some more cars to Burnout Paradise
does it actually work yet?, I downloaded this awhile back and never could get on the island .

That was mean.
but it's also true, gingers don't have souls.

source: myself

also, have you ever seen a red headed ghost

One thing bothers me with that first link... I don't think she's a ginger. Her eyebrows really don't go with that hair color... and there's not one freckle on her face...
kiss-a-ginger.jpg
she has freckles, but the make up artist has an airbrush.

airbrush > freckles

Well, there's only one way to find out for sure, am I right guys?

DNA test. Where did you think I was going with that?
Current medical standards dictate we go with the cheaper test first..

does it actually work yet?, I downloaded this awhile back and never could get on the island .

but it's also true, gingers don't have souls.

source: myself

also, have you ever seen a red headed ghost

she has freckles, but the make up artist has an airbrush.

airbrush > freckles
The latest one (December) notes that it should work for a lot more people now.

Honestly, I feel being souless is liberating.

comment_3njZ5bU9R351pBNN8YfRzzcOzCrlauu8,w600.jpg

Just throwing Amelia Pond into the mix.

*anticipates nerd calling*

I don't know who Amelia Pond is so it definitely must be a nerd thing.  She looks just like that juno girl so it definitely is a nerd thing.  You nerds need some variety in your fetishes. 

I don't know who Amelia Pond is so it definitely must be a nerd thing. She looks just like that juno girl so it definitely is a nerd thing. You nerds need some variety in your fetishes.
I take it you don't watch Doctor Who?

Debating whether or not to buy Rust. It is my birthday and I deserve a game that many people I know are playing but I could just as easily buy Small World 2 and get my board game on. Decisions, decisions.

gmg, christmas time doe
That's right... I remember now. I wrote a post about how its had had such a massive price drop in less than two months that its going to get bundled rather soon. (Contrast.)

GetGames is having 75% sales on F1 and Square Enix games.
That's not the classic edition of 2013... Meaning the DLC isn't included. Its 15 bucks for the upgrade that includes both of them so consider yourself warned. :D

I take it you don't watch Doctor Who?
Whose on first?

Jeremy Clarkson is because Top Gear is the only thing worth watching on BBC...

Okay, guys - while I have a back-up optical mouse and it works fine (Microsoft Optical), my Logitech Optical's pretty much had it: acting goofy and whatnot (left-mouse barely works here and there, etc).

So, I'm pretty much looking for a new mouse; maybe a gaming mouse.

Any and all suggestions - yeah, that'd be sweet. :D

I do like the look of them Naga MMO mouses, but dammit - they seem to require Internet connection.

Is that just for software? Or does mouse workoffline?

Any mouses w/ tons of buttons like the Naga MMO mice that work offline?

Also - what do you all think of Logitech G600 + 700 MMO series of mouses?

Okay, guys - while I have a back-up optical mouse and it works fine (Microsoft Optical), my Logitech Optical's pretty much had it: acting goofy and whatnot (left-mouse barely works here and there, etc).

I do like the look of them Naga MMO mouses, but dammit - they seem to require Internet connection.

lol...mouse DRM

I have a g600....doesnt require internet..maybe to download the software initially

I dont know why you would want a mouse like that if you dont play MMO's though.

lol...mouse DRM
Razer is just preparing to prevent inevitable illegal downloads mouses before it's too late.

It's not yet possible, but soon everyone will have 3D-printers capable of printing all materials, including circuit boards, components and chips and then you can download mouses.

Better have that DRM just in case!

Oh man why did I have to wake up to this post. My mind can't comprehend a mouse needing to be online to work, WTF. I've posted what I think about the G700, it's one of the best wireless mice you can buy, and it's not purely designed for MMOs. You can even use it wired if you want, it's the mouse I currently use.

I own a Razer Deathadder 2013 and the button switch crapped out after less than a year.  Now if you left click, it counts it as two or three clicks.  I need to send it in under warranty and see how that goes.

You're right. They're all beautiful. Especially this hot sexy lady.

carrottop.png
Bigshow, you like Carrot Top? He may look funny, but he actually buffed up over the past few years. I think that instead of Gary Coleman (RIP) Carrot Top could be in a video game i.e. a cross between gangsta wannabe 50 cent and Gary Coleman comedian. Imagine Carrot Top trying to be gangsta funny.

Its software (Razer Synapse 2.0) on the Razer stuff... Its not horrible or overly annoying... Just slightly annoying as it can take a bit to boot up and log into the service. (Its replaced the software for all their devices... If you use more than on Razer product this could be a plus.)

G600 MMO, I used it for a bit.. Day or so. Long enough to know the pain wasn't going to go away or feel like I was ever going to get use to the keys... (its very easy to get lost on them.)

G700s, my current mouse... Likely the best mouse I've ever used. Very classic feel, lots of buttons and nearly all of them useable without thought put into them. (Its great for heavy button games just sort of MMO level of buttons. I play Marvel Heroes with it (think Diablo III) and use 10 or so different abilities with it and the keyboard real easy .)

Razer mice, I have an old Deathadder I love (simple 3/4 button mouse) but didn't like the feel of the Nagas... They felt small.

Remember, I can palm a basketball. If you got smaller hands I recommend talking to Neuro.

Edit: Remember nothing is more specialized in your PC than the mouse you use... What works for one will not work for all. I really recommend going to a store and feeling up a few mice.

Woohoo! Mouse talk again!

I also use a basic old wired MS Optical Mouse from the early 14th century, and I'm hesitant to change it because my mouse:

- Must be wired and have no need for a battery.

- Must be relatively large because I have big hands, but not too heavy.

- Must have a "soft", easy to scroll and click middle mouse wheel/button - I hate mice with stiff middle mouse buttons.

- Must be ambidextrous - I'm right-handed but I alternate mouse usage between hands to ease the stress on my wrists.

- And finally, must NOT have 10,000,000 buttons - I don't play MMOs so I don't need to bind every possible function to my mouse.

...and that's why I'm still stuck with an MS Optical Mouse.

Freedom Fall keys have gone out for Indie Royale Sigma Bundle purchasers: you need to tie the bundle to your account by clicking the link on your collection page and then view your Desura collection from within the client to obtain your key (Desura icon -> History -> Gifts History -> "your collection" link -> Freedom Fall -> Keys -> Get Steam Key).

If u got a extra steam key for me, pm me!

Freedom Fall keys have gone out for Indie Royale Sigma Bundle purchasers: you need to tie the bundle to your account by clicking the link on your collection page and then view your Desura collection from within the client to obtain your key (Desura icon -> History -> Gifts History -> "your collection" link -> Freedom Fall -> Keys -> Get Steam Key).

If u got a extra steam key for me, pm me!
no keys there for me

Where the fuck were you when we had all that damned mouse talk several times before? Your memory is worse then Leonard's. You are so useless. No help for you.

In the past six months I've been testing Logitech G600, Razer Naga Hex, Razer Naga 2014 Edition and a Cyborg M.M.O.7. I can recommend the all but the G600. Anything specific you want to know?

Where the fuck were you when we had all that damned mouse talk several times before? Your memory is worse then Leonard's. You are so useless. No help for you.

In the past six months I've been testing Logitech G600, Razer Naga Hex, Razer Naga 2014 Edition and a Cyborg M.M.O.7. I can recommend the all but the G600. Anything specific you want to know?
Since you don't like the G600 - what do you not like about the G600?

Also, I should note - I'd not looking really for a wireless mouse. Sure, if that is an extra option that it can go wireless - cool.

But, I'm used to my mouse plugged into my desktop's USB port or the Mouse's Serial Port.

y u use sarcasm font wit no sarcasm. y u do dis

lol...mouse DRM

I have a g600....doesnt require internet..maybe to download the software initially

I dont know why you would want a mouse like that if you dont play MMO's though.
I'm left-handed. So, my left-hand normally resides around the UDLR cursors and those areas closeby. I normally put action keys NEAR them (Right Control, Right Alt, Right Shift, Comma Key, Forward Slash, Back-slash, Backspace, Period Key, etc).

All not as necessary keys - I'll put anywhere on the left-hand side of the keyboard, as those likely won't be immediate for me.

My right-hand shifts around a bit - normally, it's shifting all the time b/t the mouse and keypad on the right-hand side of a keyboard. I usually put all my hotkeys on the keypad.

By having a gaming mouse w/ all of them extra keys on the actual mouse itself - my right-hand won't likely have to float so much back-and-forth b/t mouse and keypad; it can just stay on the mouse. That's what I'm thinking here.

For MMO's - I don't have many, but I do have Defiance and TSW.

I have used the G600 mouse for a while now. I don't play MMO's often, but I do find the extra keys helpful in many games. I have fairly big hands and this mouse is fairly large and heavy. It took a month or so to get used to the weight and extra buttons. My only real complaint is I will hit the G12 button on accident lifting and moving the mouse. I've went as far as disabling that button in FPS. ( example LFD2, you wanna turn and shoot that zombie, let me bring up your health pack for you. )

I'm left-handed. So, my left-hand normally resides around the UDLR cursors and those areas closeby. I normally put action keys NEAR them (Right Control, Right Alt, Right Shift, Comma Key, Forward Slash, Back-slash, Backspace, Period Key, etc).

All not as necessary keys - I'll put anywhere on the left-hand side of the keyboard, as those likely won't be immediate for me.

My right-hand shifts around a bit - normally, it's shifting all the time b/t the mouse and keypad on the right-hand side of a keyboard. I usually put all my hotkeys on the keypad.

By having a gaming mouse w/ all of them extra keys on the actual mouse itself - my right-hand won't likely have to float so much back-and-forth b/t mouse and keypad; it can just stay on the mouse. That's what I'm thinking here.
you use UDLR?

my brain is breaking on the way you use your keyboard

you use UDLR?

my brain is breaking on the way you use your keyboard
No, not the actual letters!

For movement - Up, Down, Left, Right cursor keys.

The ones beneath the row of Delete, End, and Home!

Like I said - I'm left-handed.

I don't really like WSAD for movement for my left-hand - I find it awkward. Always have.

Since you don't like the G600 - what do you not like about the G600?

Also, I should note - I'd not looking really for a wireless mouse. Sure, if that is an extra option that it can go wireless - cool.
But, I'm used to my mouse plugged into my desktop's USB port or the Mouse's Serial Port.
My dislike for the G600 is for two reasons. First, I use a claw grip. The G600's 'shift' button lies underneath your ring finger and at first I thought I'd like this. However, I could not adapt to using a palm style grip and kept accidentally pressing it, so I disabled the button which then defeated one thing I thought would be an asset. The second is the number pad. While it is easier to use than an older Razer Naga, the new pad on the Naga 2014 edition renders it obsolete. The G600 pad's keys are a bit hard to press and given my propensity to grip and press the ring finger button, it was frustrating. I really wanted to like the G600 more, it's not a bad mouse, I just found others I prefer more. My preference to use the Naga 2014 has also rendered the Hex useless as well as I feel just as comfortable with the twelve side buttons as I do six. I'll still keep the Hex as a back-up though. Right now, I'm using the M.M.O.7 as I think it fills that void between having lots of mappable buttons and intuitive use. I can map 10x2 thumb buttons and have them all feel fairly natural to use, so that's pretty cool.

y u use sarcasm font wit no sarcasm. y u do dis
I'm trying to be less of a dick at times. (This is not one of them.) You should take note.

I'm left-handed.
This explains a lot.

No, not the actual letters!

For movement - Up, Down, Left, Right cursor keys.

The ones beneath the row of Delete, End, and Home!

Like I said - I'm left-handed.

I don't really like WSAD for movement - I find it awkward.
No I knew you meant up down left right

it still makes no sense

i could see using those keys if you used the mouse with your left hand....but you dont

For MMO's - I don't have many, but I do have Defiance and TSW.
y u use right hand for mouse if ur left handed??

No I knew you meant up down left right

it still makes no sense

i could see using those keys if you used the mouse with your left hand....but you dont
When did anything I did make sense?

This is ME we're talking about. ;)

I know, I know - I'm unique and an odd duck, what can I say?

{shrug}

Anyways - when I learned how to play FPS's back in the day during the DN3D and Quake days, I learned using the cursors w/ my left-hand. Never broke away from it. I also don't think as many keys were hotkey'ed back in the day, anyways - unlike many games today.

But when I tried to use WSAD, it felt very awkward for me. I've tried - even w/ Dead Space 1, which forced WSAD for movements. But, never clicked.

EDIT:

y u use right hand for mouse if ur left handed??
y i do n-e-thing a certin way iz alwayz a mystery to mysterd. ;)

Also - more worthless info. When I type, I really don't keep my hands on the ASDF JKL; row like how most people learned. My hands floats all over the KB like crazy.

When did anything I did make sense?

This is ME we're talking about. ;)

I know, I know - I'm unique and an odd duck, what can I say?

{shrug}

Anyways - when I learned how to play FPS's back in the day during the DN3D and Quake days, I learned using the cursors w/ my left-hand. Never broke away from it. I also don't think as many keys were hotkey'ed back in the day, anyways - unlike many games today.

But when I tried to use WSAD, it felt very awkward for me. I've tried - even w/ Dead Space 1, which forced WSAD for movements. But, never clicked.
you should just console game

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back