The stick it, swirl it, smell it OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm surely not going to think about a new car until after I'm out of college, at the absolute, absolute earliest.

This club I mentioned is 18+ but they charge an extra $2 cover for under 21...cool for the under 21 crowd but bummer you can't go over to the bar.

Well, they were supposed to have free pizza and a movie at the Rec Center, but it ended up just being free pizza. So I got some and played some pool. I then picked up Reservoir Dogs and Raging Bull from the school library. They actually had an surprisingly good collection including Blu-Rays.

[quote name='flowery']This club I mentioned is 18+ but they charge an extra $2 cover for under 21...cool for the under 21 crowd but bummer you can't go over to the bar.[/QUOTE]
They do that because they can't sell drank to under 21 folks. Makes perfect sense to me.

Hmmm I didn't think of that...if I go I hope I can get me some booze (at least walkaround to the pool hall side). I mean it is in an old distillery so I better be able to at least get some bourbon while there.

[quote name='Rocko']Might get that car tomorrow, assuming it's really in as good condition as stated. :][/QUOTE]

You haven't even seen it?

Whose word are you trusting? The dealer's?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']He was talking to Frosty, TFN. Which I'm predicting that Frosty will be adding Liquid to the list soon.[/QUOTE]

you're like 3-4 months behind the times.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are you always cranky IRL like you are here Liquid?[/QUOTE]Just because I get annoyed by and call out stupidity, it doesn't mean I'm cranky, Linkin.

[quote name='Chika']you're like 3-4 months behind the times.[/QUOTE]

Ahahaha. Whose posts does he read in the OTT? Lordwow's, Number83's and yours?

If I'm on the list, when I never talk to him, then I can't imagine anyone else not being on it.

[quote name='Chika']you're like 3-4 months behind the times.[/QUOTE]

Wow...good call on Frosty.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Just because I get annoyed by and call out stupidity, it doesn't mean I'm cranky, Linkin.[/QUOTE]

Uh...you got worked up over a smiley.

I told him it makes him look dumb, Linkin (much like the slackjawed, vacant expression I imagine your face is stuck in). That's not "getting worked up."

[quote name='Trakan']You haven't even seen it?

Whose word are you trusting? The dealer's?[/QUOTE]
It's a ways away, so there was no point going until they accepted the offer of $3500 (which they did).

Obviously I'm not going to show up tomorrow, hand over the money and leave in 15 minutes. But it's a waste of time to drive there unless there's a possibility of a purchase.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I told him it makes him look dumb, Linkin (much like the slackjawed, vacant expression I imagine your face is stuck in). That's not "getting worked up."[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

[quote name='Chika']i'm drinkin Magic Hat's Wacko Summer Beer 2009[/QUOTE]

I tried to order Magic Hat's #9 the other day, but I got carded. :[

[quote name='Liquid 2']I tried to order Magic Hat's #9 the other day, but I got carded. :[[/QUOTE]

i don't like #9. to me, it has an artificial sweetener / fake apricot flavor. i know it's supposed to be an apricot IPA but to me it tastes all fake like cheap candy you get at halloween that makes you wanna TP the person who gave it to you's house.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Maybe they carded you because of your cranky personality. Trying being super nice next time. :D[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that personality affected whether you got carded... :whistle2:k

"#9
#9 is a "not quite pale ale", brewed with the "essence of apricot."
ABV: 4.6
Gravity: 1.047
Bitterness: 18
SRM: 9.0
Yeast: English Ale
Hops: Cascade, Warrior
Malts: Pale, Crystal"

[quote name='Chika']i don't like #9. to me, it has an artificial sweetener / fake apricot flavor. i know it's supposed to be an apricot IPA but to me it tastes all fake like cheap candy you get at halloween that makes you wanna TP the person who gave it to you's house.[/QUOTE]
Really? I was pretty interested in it, since I'd heard good things about it from my friend's gal and because I've never had a vegetable beer before.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I wasn't aware that personality affected whether you got carded... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I've seen it happen, waiters/bartenders carding older folks who are clearly over 21 getting carded just to give them shit, because of their attitude. There's instances when people don't even carry their id's and get rejected. I had a buddy who was a bartender, he told me he used to do that often.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Really? I was pretty interested in it, since I'd heard good things about it from my friend's gal and because I've never had a vegetable beer before.[/QUOTE]

vegetable as in apricot-flavored? other than that their only "vegetable" beer is Wacko which has beet juice for color and sweetness.

i'd say it's definitely a "girlie" beer because it's pale and sweet and fruity. but that's just me. i like beer with balls.

[quote name='Chika']vegetable as in apricot-flavored? other than that their only "vegetable" beer is Wacko which has beet juice for color and sweetness.

i'd say it's definitely a "girlie" beer because it's pale and sweet and fruity. but that's just me. i like beer with balls.[/QUOTE]

I saw the style on BA, which says "Fruit/Vegetable Beer," and missed the part under notes where it said it was an American Pale Ale + apricot extract. My mistake.

And those are the kinds of beer I like! :oops:
I haven't run into a really dark/bitter one that I like very much yet.

[quote name='Chika']"#9
#9 is a "not quite pale ale", brewed with the "essence of apricot."
ABV: 4.6
Gravity: 1.047
Bitterness: 18
SRM: 9.0
Yeast: English Ale
Hops: Cascade, Warrior
Malts: Pale, Crystal"[/QUOTE]

Ah. To be fair though, IPA is way different than just a Pale ale. As for the apricot, I think they mean apricot flavored $0.99 candy.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I saw the style on BA, which says "Fruit/Vegetable Beer," and missed the part under notes where it said it was an American Pale Ale + apricot extract. My mistake.[/QUOTE]

it's worth trying if you're not paying like $4-$5/bottle for it. i like getting magic hat's mixed samplers because they're good for small parties since their beer is good and people generally like them. i like most of their stuff other than #9. This sampler has 3 bottles of #9 which I'll keep around for our next bbq and someone will drink it. and if no one else does, I will after i've had a couple good beers and can't taste the apricot flavor anymore.

[quote name='Eviltude']Ah. To be fair though, IPA is way different than just a Pale ale. As for the apricot, I think they mean apricot flavored $0.99 candy.[/QUOTE]

my bad, i had mis-read the description on the bottle.

[quote name='Rocko']It's a ways away, so there was no point going until they accepted the offer of $3500 (which they did).

Obviously I'm not going to show up tomorrow, hand over the money and leave in 15 minutes. But it's a waste of time to drive there unless there's a possibility of a purchase.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but you have a lot to learn about buying a car.

Your offer was likely double what they gave the guy who traded it in. Of course they're going to accept it.

Definitely look that thing up and down. Take it for at least a half hour test drive.

"Find" some things wrong with it when you get there. Get them to lower the price. I hope this is a reputable dealer and not some corner lot. I wouldn't trust a corner lot.

Are there at least pictures you saw online? The dealer's website?

I have a lot of friends that will drink nothing but miller/bud, which is really frustrating when you have to buy a 12 pack by yourself only to drink 2 of them at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back