The Tragical History of Doctor Mana Knightus (Banned Users Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Thomas96']even though that may be annoying.. its not disrespectful, its not deameaning, its edgy. Its not calling you stupid..., retarded, idiot, ridiculous... maybe a little rude, but come on..

oh yeah... Trakan that's the mod that TMK told me banned... Trakan should be stripped as a mod... he didn't warn TMK, he's a liar...[/quote]
Are you retarded?

Did you not read the thread before posting? Trakan didn't ban him, Casey did. He admitted it and you're trying to go by word of the dumbass in question?

Exit the thread, plz.

[quote name='TFN']Are you retarded?

Did you not read the thread before posting? Trakan didn't ban him, Casey did. He admitted it and you're trying to go by word of the dumbass in question?

Exit the thread, plz.[/QUOTE]
Actually I got the same message from Mana and he definitely said that Casey was the one who did it...so...

[quote name='whoknows']Actually I got the same message from Mana and he definitely said that Casey was the one who did it...so...[/quote]
He sent me a XBL message too, saying he got banned for no reason.

Then he AIMed me for a good 20 minutes explaining his side of the story which was ''I never did anything wrong, I'ma good boy, :baby:,:baby:,:baby:''

He may not be a very good poster, but there are worse.

Still, I'm surprised so many people care and the thread is at 11 pages :lol:

[quote name='dallow']That should tell us all something.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there's a lot of people sticking their nose in something they nothing about.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I never realized TMK would be the catalyst for such a serious conversation of the CAG community dynamics.[/quote] [quote name='dallow']That should tell us all something.[/quote] Exactly. The community has been yearning for change for the past two years, and things have finally come to a head. There have been suggestions, concerns, and complaints which have gone unheeded for quite some time.

Promises of CAG 2.0 have allayed accusations of stagnation when concerning the front page, but it should apply to all parts of the community. Things aren't perfect in CAGland.

CAG 2.0 should go beyond the homepage. Let's look at ALL aspects of CAG, identify the problems, and see what we can improve.

2008 should be a rebirth of what made so great to begin with. Will it happen? I don't know, but I do know that we have a lot of members that care enough to try and help. This thread proves that.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, there's a lot of people sticking their nose in something they nothing about.[/quote]Mmmm, the ironing. nom nom nom nom

[quote name='evilmax17']Exactly. The community has been yearning for change for the past two years, and things have finally come to a head. There have been suggestions, concerns, and complaints which have gone unheeded for quite some time.

Promises of CAG 2.0 have allayed accusations of stagnation when concerning the front page, but it should apply to all parts of the community. Things aren't perfect in CAGland.

CAG 2.0 should go beyond the homepage. Let's look at ALL aspects of CAG, identify the problems, and see what we can improve.

2008 should be a rebirth of what made so great to begin with. Will it happen? I don't know, but I do know that we have a lot of members that care enough to try and help. This thread proves that.[/QUOTE]
I think you're looking too deep.

It's just one stupid user banned, it's not the end of the website. Better off without him anyways.

[quote name='dallow']Mmmm, the ironing. nom nom nom nom[/QUOTE]
If you only knew.

[quote name='TFN']He sent me a XBL message too, saying he got banned for no reason.

Then he AIMed me for a good 20 minutes explaining his side of the story which was ''I never did anything wrong, I'ma good boy, :baby:,:baby:,:baby:''[/quote]
You know, attacking other users goes against the TOS. For somebody who is in favor of the banning, I find it ironic that you're so quick to break the TOS.

Neo Mana Knight: Hey, just wanted to make a quick mention, all they said was "tired of fanboyism" and said bye, when I've been doing crap for over a year and not a single mod/admin complained or warned me, so I felt they didn't care, and it has been a few days since I last argued big time.

Neo Mana Knight: Oh well

He knew what he was doing.

[quote name='Thomas96']even though that may be annoying.. its not disrespectful, its not deameaning, its edgy. Its not calling you stupid..., retarded, idiot, ridiculous... maybe a little rude, but come on..

oh yeah... Trakan that's the mod that TMK told me banned... Trakan should be stripped as a mod... he didn't warn TMK, he's a liar...[/quote]

First off, get your facts straight before talkin' shit about me. Read the fuckin' second page of this thread where Casey tells everyone he's the one who banned him. Read the last 18 replies where everyone is not only saying they know who banned him, but they're telling you who banned him. Second of all, if TMK really did say that I banned him, we're even better off without him than I thought. If he's making even more shit up after he's not even a part of the site anymore, the kid's got a whole nother set of problems. And lastly, there's no chance in hell that TMK would ever get nominations to be a forum guide from us mods. Your credibility is fuckin' zero what with you being the second biggest Sony fanboy right behind TMK.

P.S. If we were banning people for being fanboys, you'd be gone.

[quote name='Trakan']First off, get your facts straight before talkin' shit about me. Read the fuckin' second page of this thread where Casey tells everyone he's the one who banned him. Read the last 18 replies where everyone is not only saying they know who banned him, but they're telling you who banned him. Second of all, if TMK really did say that I banned him, we're even better off without him than I thought. If he's making even more shit up after he's not even a part of the site anymore, the kid's got a whole nother set of problems. And lastly, there's no chance in hell that TMK would ever get nominations to be a forum guide from us mods. Your credibility is fuckin' zero what with you being the second biggest Sony fanboy right behind TMK.

P.S. If we were banning people for being fanboys, you'd be gone.[/QUOTE]
Big ups.

[quote name='dallow']Trade Thomas96 for TMK. ;)[/QUOTE]
I'd like a 2 for 1 deal myself.

[quote name='Trakan']First off, get your facts straight before talkin' shit about me. Read the fuckin' second page of this thread where Casey tells everyone he's the one who banned him. Read the last 18 replies where everyone is not only saying they know who banned him, but they're telling you who banned him. Second of all, if TMK really did say that I banned him, we're even better off without him than I thought. If he's making even more shit up after he's not even a part of the site anymore, the kid's got a whole nother set of problems. And lastly, there's no chance in hell that TMK would ever get nominations to be a forum guide from us mods. Your credibility is fuckin' zero what with you being the second biggest Sony fanboy right behind TMK.

P.S. If we were banning people for being fanboys, you'd be gone.[/quote]
[quote name='CheapyD']This is the most important thing I need from all Moderators:
I need you to not insult the userbase, even when they deserve it.
I simply refuse to allow it.

Even a store clerk who deals with idiots all day long (usually) does not get all up in the customers face as it reflects badly upon the very place they are supposed to be supporting.

You do sacrifice some freedoms by becoming a Moderator here, which is, I imagine, why some have turned down the position in the past. I would certainly understand if a Moderator felt that they could no longer have fun on CAG with what amounts to a kind of message board castration.[/quote] .

[quote name='evilmax17']
Originally Posted by CheapyD
This is the most important thing I need from all Moderators:
I need you to not insult the userbase, even when they deserve it.
I simply refuse to allow it.

Even a store clerk who deals with idiots all day long (usually) does not get all up in the customers face as it reflects badly upon the very place they are supposed to be supporting.

You do sacrifice some freedoms by becoming a Moderator here, which is, I imagine, why some have turned down the position in the past. I would certainly understand if a Moderator felt that they could no longer have fun on CAG with what amounts to a kind of message board castration.
.[/quote]

Thanks for posting that evilmax. Also, thanks to Cheapy for saying that. I just don't understand why people don't understand customer service is something you can't throw out the window even when dealing with a jackass. There is just no need for it.

I come back and this thread has exploded.
I think we might have a cag coup de grace.
Wait
Is that Possible?

[quote name='InuFaye']I come back and this thread has exploded.
I think we might have a cag coup de grace.
Wait
Is that Possible?[/quote]Coup de grace...I hope not.

Coup d'état, perhaps. Will there be looting? Cheapy better lock his doors. Someone's sure to come for his iMac.

This thread seems to have taken a turn for the worse. If TMK was so important and useful to this community, why is it that we only have a miniscule unique userbase campaigning to save him vs the thousands of other users who are either happy he's gone or don't even miss him?

I understand that some of you guys were his friends, but you seem to be going off topic. He was not banned for being a fanboy, that's ridiculous! He was banned because he broke the TOS and was warned multiple times. He provokes other users and when somoene provokes him he blows up and turns the thread about him. If you guys are serious about this issue, first you need to chill out, do your research and respond in a intellegent manner.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']thousands of other users who are either happy he's gone or don't even miss him?[/quote]

Thousands? I don't give a set of tits if he's here or not, but please hold the hyperbole when you're trying to be serious.

He was not banned for being a fanboy, that's ridiculous! He was banned because he broke the TOS and was warned multiple times. He provokes other users and when somoene provokes him he blows up and turns the thread about him.

We all know the ardent fanboys get promoted to moderator. j/k

To be fair, there's a two part process involving this, and there's no denying that he was often provoked merely because he would go off the deep end. I'm not defending the mutant at all, but it's only fair to look at those people who ridiculed the bastard day in and day out as well, and not treat them as innocent bystanders.

If you guys are serious about this issue, first you need to chill out, do your research and respond in a intellegent manner.

:lol:

Exactly the type of thing I'm talking about. I wasn't referring to anyone specific, specially you The Crotch. We both know some users here are going overboard. No need to respond if you know its not directed at you.

Thanks for posting that, evilmax. I'm not sure that was meant for public view, but it does reinforce the spirit and intentions of Cheapy's site.

I have nothing but praise for the work of the mods. It's a thankless, mundane job done by real people with real feelings and overall good intentions. I think there are some legitimate concerns about moderating and moderator actions towards the user base being brought up in this thread, but I don't question the actions of the mod in this particular case. If TMK was perma-banned so be it, end-of-story.

However, I think while some CAGs may disagree with banning TMK in particular, perhaps the real fear overall is that there was some unfairness involved that could inevitably resurface to someone else.

This thread may be getting to the point that Cheapy himself may have to step in, if only to put those fears to rest.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Coup de grace...I hope not.

Coup d'état, perhaps. Will there be looting? Cheapy better lock his doors. Someone's sure to come for his iMac.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. And the 25 floors under his apartment? Ceiling to floor horded glitch games from Circuit City. That's the legend, anyway.

[quote name='LinkinPrime'] He was banned because he broke the TOS and was warned multiple times. He provokes other users and when somoene provokes him he blows up and turns the thread about him. If you guys are serious about this issue, first you need to chill out, do your research and respond in a intellegent manner.[/quote]

Therein lies the reason for the level of response in this thread.

I have posted on numerous occasions excerpts from the TOS on this site when certain users break it constantly, and nothing is done. It is the uneven application of this that concerns most of us CAGs that have posted here. I'm not going to name names because we all know who they are. You guys have a difficult job, there is no denying that, but this situation has grown to what it is now from the lack of response when these concerns have been voiced in the past. There are several threads in this Feedback forum that tried to nip this in the bud before it got to this. They had responses from the usual suspects saying nothing should be done, we don't need to know this, or we don't know the reasons behind that...

All we want is CAG to be the best in can possibly be. As the customers of CAG that really isn't an unreasonable request.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
All we want is CAG to be the best in can possibly be. As the customers of CAG that really isn't an unreasonable request.[/QUOTE]
That's subjective though.

Your idea of best, differs from mine, just as mine differs from The Crotch's.

There is no one way to make everyone happy, there is just things we have to all deal with.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Therein lies the reason for the level of response in this thread.

I have posted on numerous occasions excerpts from the TOS on this site when certain users break it constantly, and nothing is done. It is the uneven application of this that concerns most of us CAGs that have posted here. I'm not going to name names because we all know who they are. You guys have a difficult job, there is no denying that, but this situation has grown to what it is now from the lack of response when these concerns have been voiced in the past. There are several threads in this Feedback forum that tried to nip this in the bud before it got to this. They had responses from the usual suspects saying nothing should be done, we don't need to know this, or we don't know the reasons behind that...

All we want is CAG to be the best in can possibly be. As the customers of CAG that really isn't an unreasonable request.[/quote]
Its not that its uneven, its that this hasn't been done in the past and its way overdue. Believe me we are in the process of redefining the rules. This community has grown extensively and with it unfortunately, we end up getting more trolls, spam,...etc. Its a lot for us mods to handle without proper guidelines in place. This will change in the near future.

TMK stuck out like a sore thumb as do others we are looking at, and as DaPhatty mentioned, we will be doing our best to keep this community going like it was before, trolling and insults have gotten way out of hand and we want to do our best to get it straightened out. Also as DaPhatty mentioned, just as you guys can report posts for spam and incorrect forum posting, you can report users, please do so. We are human just like the rest of you and while we try to read as many threads as we can to clean them up, we do miss a lot, this is where you guys come in. If you see someone breaking the TOS, report them please.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I have posted on numerous occasions excerpts from the TOS on this site when certain users break it constantly, and nothing is done. It is the uneven application of this that concerns most of us CAGs that have posted here.[/QUOTE]

See any given OTT.

P.S. If we were banning people for being fanboys, you'd be gone.[/QUOTE]

I didn't read what you wrote, cause I don't care... just unban TMK and I'll go about my business.

I think we can all agree that even a temp ban would not have discouraged TMK from doing his thing.

[quote name='Thomas96']I didn't read what you wrote, cause I don't care... just unban TMK and I'll go about my business.[/QUOTE]
Damn, you're cool.

[quote name='zewone']If you only knew.[/QUOTE]Heh.

[quote name='evilmax17'].[/QUOTE]

that's the point... Mods are supposed to govern themselves a little better than the avg user. But trakan acting like he's a regular fanboy user, talking trash against the Sony fanboy. that's why I ignored what he was saying, my main point is that I feel someone who was a contributor to CAG got banned... most likely wrongfully, and I'm just advocating for him. that's all... well at least zewone was amused by trakan... good boy.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I think we can all agree that even a temp ban would not have discouraged TMK from doing his thing.[/quote]

Obviously not.

[quote name='Thomas96']But trakan acting like he's a regular fanboy user, talking trash against the Sony fanboy. that's why I ignored what he was saying[/QUOTE]
How would you know if you apparently didn't read his post?

[quote name='Rocko']Obviously not.[/QUOTE]
The only reason I'd want ThatManaKnight to come back was to prove you all wrong.

[quote name='zewone']Cool.[/QUOTE]

its cool you misquote me to call me ignorant... its cute, I don't have a problem with that cause I don't take things personally, but mana didn't do half of the crap you did, and he gets banned. [you admitted that yourself earlier] I address you later in another forum.. I don't want to turn this thread into an argument... I'm just here to advocate for TMK.

Okay, I see there is a lot of things being thrown around in this thread. But I'm going to state my two cents.

I think the Mods are doing a great job for the site. Probably need a few more to make sure everything is watched over nicely in each of the forums.

TMK just should have did what I have been taught all of my life and that is you can't take to heart everything that is being said to you. He just should have given others the right to state their opinions just like they did him and leave things at that.

We can all make CAG a better place by just stating what we have to say and not dwell on it constantly like TMK did. I try to let everybody have their own say because that is what you are suppose to do if you are going to be tolerant of others in the world in general.

Clearly this community and site has taken a turn for the worse. The only person to blame would be Cheapy. I say we depose him and set up a new regime under Tai. If not now, it will happen soon. I imagine Tai to be a fratricidal baby not unlike the matricidal Stewie on Family Guy.

Don't say I didn't warn you when Japanese news reports of a large white man being defenestrated one day and the only suspect being an innocent little baby.

[quote name='cdeener']

I think the Mods are doing a great job for the site. Probably need a few more to make sure everything is watched over nicely in each of the forums.
[/QUOTE]

oh thats been evident for a long long time, and discussed too. 8 mods, 2 tech advisors, 4 new forum guides and cheapy to regulate 121,000 members. thats 1 mod for every 7000. granted there are only 36,000 active members, still thats 1 per every 2250 members and at this moment, 2 mods are on to cover 652 registered members.

I'm still waiting for someone (MOD) or anyone to find a post where TMK said something really disrespectful to one of the users here on CAG...

how do you get to be a mod? I'd like to be a mod in the PS3 forum, since I'm always there. Just because I like Sony and PS3, and being a possible fanboy, how would that make me a bad mod.

[quote name='The Crotch']Cdeener: I'm confused. Mana Knight never prevented anyone from speaking their mind. He did not have the power to do that (thank god), and neither do you.[/QUOTE]

What I mean is that others were trying to stop TMK from speaking his mind but he would go too far by making long ongoing posts so I understand why they banned him. For some of the older posters DenisDFat would do this same thing.

[quote name='cdeener']What I mean is that others were trying to stop TMK from speaking his mind but he would go too far by making long ongoing posts so I understand why they banned him. For some of the older posters DenisDFat would do this same thing.[/QUOTE]

so he made a long statement... is there something in the rule book saying that you can't make a long post...

I've been teetering between being glad TMK is gone and thinking he was treated unfairly. I'm glad he's gone because I don't feel like reading crap like his "fuck post" that was quoted a few pages ago. But mainly I'm kind of concerned he was banned so quickly because I feel the standards are not the same for everyone.

Overall I think the mods do a good job, but there is room for improvment. There have been a few times when I've seen some mods act in an unprofessional manner, which reflects poorly on the site.

That being said, I think it's good that CAG is going through these growing pains in a somewhat productive manner by having this discussion. I think the fact that the majority of us are trying to make the site better is a testament to how this site is better than others - at least other gaming forums.

I'd like to write more, considering I really love CAG and care where it goes in the future, but I don't have time right now.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I ain't afaid to say that I gave TMK the boot. I banned him because I just became fed up with his crap and his fanboyism. Let me be frank, his fanboyism is completely on a different level than most other people. The common comparison has been between Linkin and TMK lately, but that is completely unfair. Linkin doesn't run around bashing systems and trying to start flame wars and arguments based on what system that they liked.

Also I am probably the only mod who actually goes through and reads the PS3 board on a daily basis. After a while, TMK just grates on you with his posts and his constant quest to start flame wars. For the betterment of CAG I felt he had to go.[/QUOTE]

for the betterment of CAG... you need to go! I didn't realize that you so blatantly stated that you were the one who booted TMK.
The whole CAG site is for people to come and express their opinions, because you're so simple minded that it irks you that someone is expresssing an opinion about something you don't like, you take the one little miniscule piece of power you have in the world and use it to act like an idiot. Congratulations...

how about.. you go and unban him....

This thread has doubled since mid-afternoon and almost all of it is good discussion. Let's keep it up.

[quote name='daroga']I don't have time to write a single thesis, let alone 95 of them![/quote]
Ooooh, a Martin Luther reference. Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back