The Zack Ryder Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']
I really, really like the design for this year's SummerSlam poster.

It stands out incredibly against the typical patina we're accustomed to. Can't recall the last time a PPV poster really drew me in.[/QUOTE]

I like it also. It reminds me of some of the old wrestling posters I'd see as a kid advertising matches during some local festival in southern WV. The only thing missing is "Bell Time: 7:30"

I love the SummerSlam poster as well.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I like it also. It reminds me of some of the old wrestling posters I'd see as a kid advertising matches during some local festival in southern WV. The only thing missing is "Bell Time: 7:30"[/QUOTE]

When I saw "Available in high definition", I couldn't process it, given the look of the poster. I can only imagine what "high definition" was for the time period that the poster portrays. I also dig the emphasis they put on "slam" with the double stars.
It does say 8E, 5P.. but I agree, it would've been awesome if they could've snuck "Bell Time" in somewhere.

I can't see Shawn Michaels making a return on Raw before SummerSlam. Maybe he'll make his return at SummerSlam.

CM Punk should've been on the poster instead of MVP, though I dig that they're trying to give younger guys a push as well.

Here's what we know about Summerslam so far: it's Cena and Orton, and JeriShow against Cryme Tyme.

We're a little over three weeks from the show - who does HHH wrestle? If it's ANOTHER 3-way, I give up.

SummerSlam_%282009%29.jpg

Swap Taker for Punk and MVP for Kingston.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I know Corgan was doing stuff for TNA, and now I read he's at PWG, is Corgan a wrestling fan?[/QUOTE]
At first we thought he was going to try and get in free, but he a) paid for his ticket, b) bought a Generico shirt and PWG DVD, and c) cheered and clapped right along with his section. He asked for a seat away from the general crowd simply because he didn't want the crowd focusing on him and not on the action. Signed a few autographs and took a few pictures with people at intermission, and was pretty much a class act all evening.

Seeing as PWG's not really nationally known outside of actual wrestling fans, I'm gonna say he's gotta be a fan.

[quote name='Wiki']He is a lifelong fan of professional wrestling and self-described "wrestlemaniac,"[34] and appeared in an ECW pro wrestling match wielding an acoustic guitar as a weapon.[35] In 2008, the Pumpkins song "Doomsday Clock" was used by Ring of Honor for promotional videos.[36] [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scorch']I love the SummerSlam poster as well.

When I saw "Available in high definition", I couldn't process it, given the look of the poster. [/QUOTE]

Given the look of the poster, I thought the way it (and in fact the whole bottom of the poster) was done was actually pretty nice. Nothing fancy, just the mention of it in a style common for the times.

[quote name='JJSP']We're a little over three weeks from the show - who does HHH wrestle? If it's ANOTHER 3-way, I give up.[/QUOTE]

I can't recall if I've read spoilers or not, so this is speculation that might be subconsciously rooted in something I read - but I seem to think the most likely match is Rhodes/DiBiase vs Triple H handicap, or DX.

Otherwise, the only thing for him to do is figure out some way to get into the title match. Yay.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']

Thought Orton could have done it but although he is a good promo, he is a shitty worker.[/QUOTE]
You don't even know what that means.

[quote name='mykevermin']I can't recall if I've read spoilers or not, so this is speculation that might be subconsciously rooted in something I read - but I seem to think the most likely match is Rhodes/DiBiase vs Triple H handicap, or DX.[/QUOTE]
Maybe we'll get DX against the entire ECW roster, and Trips will crate them all up and send them back to FCW. That'd be a hoot.

Here's info about the first PPV from Dragon Gate USA from pwinsider

The first Dragon Gate USA PPV "Enter the Dragon" has completed editing and will debut on 9/4 on In Demand PPV.
The PPV, taped on 7/25 at the former ECW Arena, will feature five of the six matches from the debut DGUSA event. 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Ken Doane will not be on the PPV but will eventually be released on DVD when the complete show is released.
The PPV version will feature:
*Open The Dream Gate & Brave Gate Champion Naruki Doi vs. Shingo
*Dragon Kid vs. Masato Yoshino
*BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO
*CIMA & Susumu Yokosuka vs. The Young Bucks
*Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw, Fire Ant & Soldier Ant vs. Hallowicked, Amasis, Gran Akuma & Icarus

[quote name='mykevermin']I can't recall if I've read spoilers or not, so this is speculation that might be subconsciously rooted in something I read - but I seem to think the most likely match is Rhodes/DiBiase vs Triple H handicap, or DX.

Otherwise, the only thing for him to do is figure out some way to get into the title match. Yay.[/QUOTE]
I remember hearing Triple H say something to that effect on Raw. Nothing mentioning DX, but we all know how big of a SHOCK that would be.

I'm not the only one who thought that mixing Jericho and Show's theme music was an awful, awful idea, right? Right.

The Dragon Gate USA lineup looks fantastic. I didn't know they were booking Chikara guys for their shows too - definitely some interesting possibilities.

Local radio ads here for Bound For Glory are advertising "don't miss your chance to see the Icon Sting do battle in the six-sided ring one last time on his home turf".

I'd say take it with a grain of salt at this point, but it'd make sense since his contract is ending and the PPV is considered TNA's biggest event. Sting/Angle, maybe title/Mafia vs career?

I forgot how massive Andre's head was.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Loved SD tonight.

2hp7sc6.gif
[/QUOTE]

Bryan Danielson is not pleased.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Now that's called "fulfilling your potential".

Man. It's been such a long time since anyone has done that.

Thought Orton could have done it but although he is a good promo, he is a shitty worker.[/QUOTE]

Try watching a Danielson match. Last week's ROH, in fact.

I found this interesting:

After auctioning of his WWE Hall of Fame ring a few weeks ago, "Superstar" Billy Graham has decided to auction off the leather jacket he wore during his Hall of Fame induction in 2004. The jacket was exclusively worn during his Hall of Fame induction and and live in front of fans at WrestleMania XX at Madison Square Garden.

As far as the ring is concerned, it managed to sell for $11,500.00 to a legitimate bidder. When asked a few weeks ago why he was selling the ring, Graham responded with the following on the auction page: "Today, July 14, 2009 I received an email From Mike Aldren of the www.the-sun.co.uk/wrestling asking me if the selling of my WWE Hall of Fame ring was actually legitimate and if yes, why would I want to depart with it? First off, I owe no one an explanation as to why I want to sell this beautiful WWE ring. In a recent board meeting Vince McMahon said " That there will never be an actual physical Hall of Fame building and that the Hall of Fame only exists in my head." Dispite the many public claimes by Shane McMahon that there in fact would be a physical Hall of Fame building in the near future. Further more, I have never been sentimental about The WWE or anything connected with Professional wrestling in general."

I found the auction recently via completed listings on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270425676282

Billy Graham's address is listed on the letter from Vince McMahon to Billy Graham. They probably should've blocked that before putting the image up.

Also.. Billy Graham painted a picture of Iron Sheik.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270421466471

This beautiful Original painting of the Iron Sheik, was painted for the Iron Sheik by former WWF Champion Superstar Billy Graham. The painting is signed to The Iron Sheik and autographed by Superstar Billy Graham. This is an extremly rare collectors item. The painting is 11" x 14" and was painted in April of 2009. As seen in the second photo, the painting was presented to the Iron Sheik by Superstar Billy Graham at the reunion in las Vegas on April 24, 2009. Due to unfortunate circumstances, I am trying to help Billy sell this "One of a Kind" treasure. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for a great fan.

I can only imaging this "unfortunate circumstance" :lol:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Loved SD tonight.

2hp7sc6.gif
[/QUOTE]
Magnificent.

[quote name='neocisco']I forgot how massive Andre's head was.

Bryan Danielson is not pleased.

Try watching a Danielson match. Last week's ROH, in fact.[/QUOTE]

Oh. I was talking about the last time someone actually fulfilled their potential. Not specifically the MMA elbows. When you think of Kennedy, Carlito, and all the other guys they halfway tried to push, Punk right now is outshining them all. I mean he is simply the guy to watch on WWE television right now. No one else comes close. Just think of all the post-match and mid-match beatings Orton has been involved in and how apathetic we all are to them.

Punk's however was a thing of beauty.

You couldn't ask for a better fued than Punk/Hardy. Those two just play off of of each other so well, with Punk's sXe disciplined lifstyle contrasting Hardy's live-in-the-moment lifestyle/drug abuse history. They're both extremely over with the crowd and make you care about th feud. That and it's something new, as opposed to Cena/Orton/HHH which is being force-fed to us for the umpteenth time.

I'm not expecting Raven/Dreamer, but I hope they keep this fued going for a good awhile.

[quote name='Lordsofpain.net']Since the recent injuries to WWE's top stars, Vince McMahon has been described as "on edge" and "unhappy with the product now." The lack of depth of main event talent is said to frustrate and worry Vince. WWE officials have been criticized for recent decisions and not working to elevate talent such as MVP and Jack Swagger. Both wrestlers have been highly praised and some have questioned why they were moved to Raw only to become midcarders.

Most within the company also feel the development system is doing a horrible job of producing ready talent, and the success in recruiting top athletes has declined.
[/QUOTE]

Well duh, I'm sick and tired of seeing John Cena/Triple H/Randy Orton going at it every week and I was really into WWE Programming when they were on the attitude era not to til they went back to PG programming. Oh well.

Vince is a moron. Also...

Former WWE wrestler Eugene (Nick Dinsmore) returned to the WWE at last night's Smackdown/ECW house show in New Hampshire. Eugene was fired on September 1, 2007 for reportedly receiving a "third strike" from WWE's Wellness Policy.

Eugene wrestled against Ricky Ortiz in the third match of last night's house show. Eugene is expected to feud against Ortiz when he returns to TV on the Smackdown brand. He is rumored to make a return on the August 7 Smackdown.

WWE also brought back Chris Masters on last week's WWE Raw. Masters has "two strikes" from WWE's Wellness Policy.

According to official documents we obtained earlier this year, WWE fired Eugene for his third failed Wellness test. Masters left the company after his second Wellness violation two months after Eugene was fired.

-PWTorch

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Oh. I was talking about the last time someone actually fulfilled their potential. Not specifically the MMA elbows. When you think of Kennedy, Carlito, and all the other guys they halfway tried to push, Punk right now is outshining them all. I mean he is simply the guy to watch on WWE television right now. No one else comes close. Just think of all the post-match and mid-match beatings Orton has been involved in and how apathetic we all are to them.

Punk's however was a thing of beauty.[/QUOTE]

Jericho blows Punk out of the water. Punk is good, it just took him a long ass time to finally get to this point. He's growing on me, but I'm not busting in my pants every time he appears on the screen. He's not at the level yet for me.

I want Punk to cut a promo on Eugene about his Wellness violations and tell the kids that if they use drugs they'll end up just like Eugene.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']WTF!?!? Do they really think Eugene is gonna put butts in the seats?[/QUOTE]

its vince, are you really THAT surprised?

[quote name='neocisco']I want Punk to cut a promo on Eugene about his Wellness violations and tell the kids that if they use drugs they'll end up just like Eugene.[/QUOTE]

i really wish CAG had a "like this" function like facebook does just for this comment

[quote name='Blackout']Jericho blows Punk out of the water.[/QUOTE]

No, he doesn't "blow him out of the water." Jericho is better most of the time but there's hardly a huge gap in value there.

[quote name='vlv723']Is Eugene back to his "special" gimmick? I guess so if he's going by Eugene.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to see him as the heel he was during his last few weeks - pervert retard heel who flips out because divas won't kiss him and stuff. That came off as a pretty creepy/scary character.

The suggestion of Punk telling kids not to do drugs or they'll end up like Eugene is awesome. Not that we'd ever see it happen.

I have the sneaking suspicion Eugene will only do occasional time on camera, fitting right back into his "here's someone for the lower card name guys to get TV wins over, like Goldust or that guy with the dreadlocks and sleazy goatee" role.

Having seen plenty of him in his non-Eugene OVW days, dude's pretty capable technically. I can picture him being the kinda guy to do either continuing training or lay out matches. If all you know is Eugene, however, you probably wouldn't believe me. Not the first dude I would hire for a backstage role, but someone I wouldn't turn down at all, either.

I'd like to see Eugene come down as Gene, kind of like Steve Urkel as Stephan. Have him be sophisticated and debonair one week, then plain old Eugene the next week.

This was in my head so I wanted to share this speculation:

Since USA is owned by NBC/Universal, a possible guest host for RAW will be Jay Leno so he can promote his show that's coming in the fall.

If that happens, I don't mind watching it and see how he'll run the show for 2 hours.

But heck, if it doesn't, WWVD to save his show?

[quote name='KaneRobot']No, he doesn't "blow him out of the water." Jericho is better most of the time but there's hardly a huge gap in value there.

[/QUOTE]

Match wise, promo wise, etc Jericho is just better. For me they're not even on the same level.

Does anyone have the WWE 24/7 channel? I was thinking of ordering it. Is it worth it?

"summerfest"

this is G-A-R-B-A-G-E....I'm tired of this segment. All these damn plugs

Piven's theme is Public Enemy's Can't Truss It? Talk about not seeing that coming.

Summerfest is going to be awesome. Not as awesome as King of the Thing and the Royal Fumble though.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Piven's theme is Public Enemy's Can't Truss It? Talk about not seeing that coming.[/QUOTE]

I marked out to that.

Summerfest is great. There's nothing better than those moments where celebrities show how little they know about the WWE product on WWE programming. Almost as good as Burt Reynolds announcing at that one wrestlemania, where he couldn't even read off the cards he was handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back