TNA Wrestling Is For Sale Wrestling Thread

If Shawn agrees to come out of retirement, WWE wants it to be for only one match and that match would be against Bryan.
So that small glimmer of hope I still had for Michaels/Rock should just die? At least he fought Angle a few times.

So that small glimmer of hope I still had for Michaels/Rock should just die? At least he fought Angle a few times.
Dead.

The Rock is done. There is literally nobody else for him to face. It was also just revealed that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is the highest grossing actor of 2013 with his films bringing in $1.3 billion. That's more money than the GDP of Somalia.

If we get another match out of him, it will be at least a few years out when they build someone up to the level of CM Punk and John Cena. There is too much money on the line right now for him to come back now, especially after Cena injured him at WM29 and the scare that followed. HBK will be too old at that point to put an effective match.

EfeHOhl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It was also just revealed that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is the highest grossing actor of 2013 with his films bringing in $1.3 billion.
:lol:

Get me offa this planet.

Last edited:
Has Michaels-Rock actually never happened?

*Google query*

Well shit. Learn something new every day.

Seems like something that should have happened in the late-1990s. Michaels and Rock at their respective peaks during the D-Generation X and Corporation and/or Nation of Domination angles. Sorta weird that a.) I just figured it had happened, and b.) it never did occur.

That would be like Sting and Vader avoiding each other in WCW or Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho never facing each other as they toured the world.

Has Michaels-Rock actually never happened?

*Google query*

Well shit. Learn something new every day.

Seems like something that should have happened in the late-1990s. Michaels and Rock at their respective peaks during the D-Generation X and Corporation and/or Nation of Domination angles. Sorta weird that a.) I just figured it had happened, and b.) it never did occur.

That would be like Sting and Vader avoiding each other in WCW or Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho never facing each other as they toured the world.
I think Shawn being gone from March 1998-August 2002 is what killed it. Otherwise I think it definitely would have happened at some point in there. By the time Shawn came back we had Rock/Brock Austin/Rock as Austin's last match, etc. and the Rock was just starting his Hollywood phase and leaving for large chunks of time, and then he was gone by March 2004 after WM XX.

I think the only think HBK ever did to the Rock was kick his head off on the first Smackdown where HBK was the guest ref in a match between Rock and HHH.  Maybe they were going for a match down the road but HBK was probably wasted on pills at that time and it didn't happen.

Rock didn't want to work a program with HBK from what I've read.

Back when Rock was a kid, Shawn was extremely disrespectful to Rock's grandmother. Rock never forgot that.

Then when Rock came up to the WWE, HBK & HHH played politics to try and get Hart to take Rock's IC belt. This would take Hart out of the World Title picture and bury the Rock.

A third issue is that HBK tried to talk Vince out of putting on Austin / Rock at Wrestlemania and to make it Austin / HHH. 

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-truth-behind-the-rock-and-shawn-michaels-heat

Davey Richards new name might not be as bad as originally feared - the ring announcer seems to call him Philbin but the commentary team calls him Derek Billington.

It's a wrestling thread!

Most of the time is place is dead unless someone's coming down on me. It's happened multiple times where the thread will go days without a post and I'll throw a image / two or three gifs and you guys just lose your minds. It's silly as hell. The whining is worse than Hart Foundation whiny Bret Hart circa 1997.

Literally every wrestling thread in the WORLD has been cool with this stuff. The only thing that gets spoilered are actual spoilers. The tag exists to hide spoiler information. Not huge posts. Not gifs. Not videos. Its for spoilers. I don't get why it makes you lose your shit. I really don't. And multiple other people have said the same thing. I'm contributing content. Then there's the botchamanias that come through here. Other than that the joint is dead.
We lose our shit over it because it's annoying having to scroll through the ten bazillion GIFs you have posted in one thread in the past or some huge image or whatever. It's called common courtesy dude. You are acting like as if we're telling you to leave or something by us asking you to simply spoiler that stuff. But whatever. If you are not going to listen then I'll just put you on my ignore list and move on with my life. I suggest everyone else who is (honestly) fed up with this to do the same.

Davey Richards new name might not be as bad as originally feared - the ring announcer seems to call him Philbin but the commentary team calls him Derek Billington.
They probably changed his name somewhere between when the match was taped and broadcast time. I don't care for either name to be honest but eh... they'll probably change it again if he ever reaches the WWE.

Interesting... I like the shout-out to Dynamite Kid, as awful as a person he is. As a wrestler, Dynamite was amazing (I still am in awe by some of the older matches I watched on vhs when I was little), and I did watch his Highspots interview. Weird bro.

We lose our shit over it because it's annoying having to scroll through the ten bazillion GIFs you have posted in one thread in the past or some huge image or whatever. It's called common courtesy dude. You are acting like as if we're telling you to leave or something by us asking you to simply spoiler that stuff. But whatever. If you are not going to listen then I'll just put you on my ignore list and move on with my life. I suggest everyone else who is (honestly) fed up with this to do the same.
Look. I get it. I respect you man but I don't agree with you at all.

The five or six people here are the ONLY ones in ANY wrestling community that ask people to spoiler stuff because looking at content is annoying. Not because its a spoiler. But because it takes up screen space. It's such an arbitrary request. Like I should only post in the color green because it's annoying to read in any other color.

If you want to put me on your ignore list, go for it. I like talking with you, but I'm not going to change up my posting habits because you insist that it's a common courtesy. If I post a single image per post I won't spoiler it. The mods have said that's cool. And I'm going to go by forum guidelines on this.

If I'm posting a spoiler, text or image, I'll do my best to spoiler it. If I'm posting multiple images, I'll use the spoiler tag. I think that's fair.

iygu9Gh8WzHkE.gif

As someone said on GAF, man what happened to all the awesome Japanese wrestlers coming to the States? I feel lucky to have seen Morishima, KENTA, Marufuji, and Misaw all live. I also attended the DGUSA show and got to see guys that entire crew.

Today the only feds that bring in Japanese guys seem to be PWG, who had Akira Tozawa for a spell. Even the Dragon Gate USA shows have started primarily using local talent with about three or four Japanese guys making an appearance.

I guess its mostly because the Japanese guys don't really act as draws anymore. But still there is some amazing talent over there.

For a while there, the images were HUGE. Jay's were like 1/2 or 1/3 the size. Other than that, I don't have a problem with the images unless I don't get the reference like the NXT ones. I really enjoy seeing the posters - especially the ones from Japan.

Speaking of things I don't get, what's the deal with Sin Cara? They have Hunico replace him as if we wouldn't notice, yet he has that giant shoulder tattoo which is a dead giveaway (even funnier when the Titantron is still the previous guy). Plus two wins over Del Rio?! What are they planning?

PS: DBZ is awesome.

I guess I'll throw in my two cents...I don't really have a problem with the images being posted, it's just that they seem random at times.

For example this one:

Sure, it looks like Stone Cold, but I have no idea wtf it's supposed to be from or what significance it's supposed to have. At least tell us wtf you're posting about. Is it from a game? A fan rendering? WTF is it?!

I guess I'll throw in my two cents...I don't really have a problem with the images being posted, it's just that they seem random at times.

For example this one:

Sure, it looks like Stone Cold, but I have no idea wtf it's supposed to be from or what significance it's supposed to have. At least tell us wtf you're posting about. Is it from a game? A fan rendering? WTF is it?!
This.

I don't care that you post random gifs, pics, whatever. Some of them are pretty spiffy to see.

However, if it's a fuck -ing huge image/picture, SPOILER TAG IT. That's fair enough, I'd say.

The randomly posted giant Stone Cold picture is a prime example. There was no conversation attached to it, which is what you say you do when you post images -- "try to start conversation" -- and I believe several people have asked you what it's significance was, and I don't believe you ever answered.

---------

Ahmed Johnson on what happened after he won the Intercontinental Title:

"I go out to the parking lot and one of them boys scratched on my car, "Congratulations N*****!" Come on dog what kind of s*** is that? I went straight to Vince and they acted all concerned but they didn’t even bring it up in the big meeting."

Not surprised. He also claims that Vince wanted him to dress like Cryme Tyme (saggy pants, among other typical black stereotyping) and act like an uneducated black man (to use 'PC' terms), which was around the time he said fuck it and left.

Dude either provide a link to the picture or spoiler it. Not everyone appreciates having some big image popping up on them like that.

This.

How many times have you been told about stuff like that?

No one asked me what its significance was. You were the only two folks who responded. There were a number of ways the conversation could have gone.

01. Hey that's cool!

02. I wish the Yukes games looked like this.

03. Hey Austin doesn't look quite right. He's a bit thicker than he was in real life.

04. Where did I get this?
05. Props to the artist who made it.

And so on. And so on. It's like me asking with the significance of your signature is. You have it there because you like it. And that's cool by me.

Imagine I said your signature was annoying me because I have to see HBK putting on sunglasses everyday. Spoiler it. No. I won't ask you to do that because it's not a big deal to me.

Bigger question - How the hell do you delete the top quote box?

No one asked me what its significance was. You were the only two folks who responded. There were a number of ways the conversation could have gone.

01. Hey that's cool!

02. I wish the Yukes games looked like this.

03. Hey Austin doesn't look quite right. He's a bit thicker than he was in real life.

04. Where did I get this?
05. Props to the artist who made it.

And so on. And so on. It's like me asking with the significance of your signature is. You have it there because you like it. And that's cool by me.

Imagine I said your signature was annoying me because I have to see HBK putting on sunglasses everyday. Spoiler it. No. I won't ask you to do that because it's not a big deal to me.

Bigger question - How the hell do you delete the top quote box?
Like I said, I don't give a crap about what you post unless it's a gigantic picture -- it's typical forum etiquette, spoiler them.

Sometimes CAG 3.0 gets wonky and won't let you delete the quote box. I normally just cut or copy everything except for the quote box, reload the page and paste it in the reply box. Seems it's the only way, as normally straight up deleting it only works 50% of the time.

As for my signature being annoying, that's on you. It's a small image, so it's allowed.

Sad-Big-Show-WWE.gif

I actually like seeing pics in this thread. I like it more than the discussions lately.

I actually like seeing pics in this thread. I like it more than the discussions lately.
I do, as well. Probably why I frequent WWE Memes / Wrestling Memes more than going to wrestling discussion forums anymore. The majority of them are just bitching about the product (which I do, too.. I realize I'm no saint).

That's my point. Your signature isn't annoying me man. You missed my entire point. I don't care even if I have to see it everyday big or small. It's all good, brother. :)

This forum etiquette stuff you're talking about is seriously arbitrary. The mods say I can post one image per post. I'll do that. I think that's fair. Also thanks for the advice on the quote boxes. I think I'm done using them for the time being. Now on to more important stuff: 

1384050_670019093023363_616949625_n.jpg

Wrestle Kingdom 8.

I'm going to be spamming this for the rest of the month to get the word out. This is going to be my first live Wrestle Kingdom and I hope some of CAG is going to be cool enough to join me and check it out live on UStream. I've ordered it already. I am HYPED for some Nakamura vs. Tanahashi!

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

Official Royal Rumble 2014 Promo. 

WWE Stars Speed Date: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YAFX_mJPga8

"That's a skull." 

Hah.

-----------------------------------------

Power Slam Magazine's Top 50 Wrestlers of the Year 

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. Tomohiro Ishii
6. Randy Orton
7. CM Punk
8. Prince Devitt
9. Katsuyori Shibata
10. Kota Ibushi
11. Austin Aries
12. Shingo Takagi
13. Hirooki Goto
14. Bully Ray
15. Ricochet
16. Kurt Angle
17. Akira Tozawa
18. Masato Yoshino
19. CIMA
20. Seth Rollins
21. Minoru Suzuki
22. Tetsuya Naito
23. Naruki Doi
24. Bobby Roode
25. Matt Jackson
26. Nick Jackson
27. Kevin Steen
28. Dean Ambrose
29. Masato Tanaka
30. Antonio Cesaro
31. AJ Styles
32. Roman Reigns
33. Yuji Nagata
34. BxB Hulk
35. KENTA
36. Karl Anderson
37. Dolph Ziggler
38. Jeff Hardy
39. Alberto Del Rio
40. Michael Elgin
41. Brock Lesnar
42. Adam Cole
43. Davey Richards
44. Kenny Omega
45. Kris Travis
46. Jay Briscoe
47. El Ligero
48. Christopher Daniels
49. Sami Zayn
50. Cody Rhodes

NJPW rules the roost.

That Ahmed Johnson story makes me sad. Since that was 15 years ago,  maybe things have gotten better. (I hope)

I have no doubt that that could've very well happened, but if you read any interview with him, he puts himself over as one of the best ever and accuses just about everyone he's ever talked to of being racist.

Norris recounts a time backstage where The Rock tells members of DX that his mother had an affair with a white guy and conceived him. Norris states that, “He (The Rock) was denying his black heritage all the way around.” He says The Rock maintained that he was kidding with those guys; however, Norris believes that the Rock was being serious in denying his black heritage.

...I honestly thought the "Rellik is killer spelled backwards" thing that used to pop up here frequently was just some thread-created meme.

Then I looked up some Black Reign stuff because I was interested to see how good/bad fat Dustin was. Within 60 seconds of a match with Rellik starting, Tenay actually said it. Jesus Christ.

iM7ESZzNU8l8j.gif

Dat athletics! CZW is terrible.  :whistle2:&

Anyway, did anyone see the Pitbull / Acension match on NXT? Richards nearly had his neck broken. Ouch!

(gif)

Dat athletics! CZW is terrible. :whistle2:&

Anyway, did anyone see the Pitbull / Acension match on NXT? Richards nearly had his neck broken. Ouch!
Agreed, CZW is god awful.

Which episode of NXT was it on? I'm way behind in my NXT viewing.

It's the latest one that just came out. Edwards looked a little better than Richards. It's worth seeing for the novelty of seeing the American Wolves in the WWE but
the match itself was a squash.

I absolutely hate how ROH's site shows who the current champion is if you happen to randomly drag the mouse across the "ROH Stars" banner.  This is a complete spoiler when you're trying to load up the PPV to watch the match where the champion is determined.  I finally have time to watch Final Battle and it seems that I just had the end result of the title match ruined.  This is at least the third time I've had a championship match spoiled due to this.

One interesting I find about Hogan returning is that in his last run, he was basically playing the same character that Orton plays now. Delusional full of himself heel.

But if you compare the two, Hogan was far more entertaining and colorful than Orton has ever been. On the other hand, Orton's a much better worker than Hogan, apart from the match Hogan had with Undertaker.

Orton worked really hard in Goldust / Orton, Cena / Orton TLC, and Bryan / Orton Street Fight, and Bryan / Orton from last night's Raw. Even Hogan's run with HBK produced no real quality, memorable matches and that's saying something. Still I remember those last months of Hogan's run with a kind fondness for the sheer bravado he played his delusional heel prick with. 

Sooo what does this mean for Wrestlemania?

Well if Vince and Co. were trying to put on the biggest card they could, these are the matches they'd run. 

Undertaker / Cena

HHH / Punk

HBK / Bryan

Hogan / Lesnar

Orton / Sheamus

Cody / Goldust

AJ Lee / ?

Shield / ?

A line-up like that would definitely be worthy of the Wrestlemania 30 moniker. I'm pretty sure that Rock isn't coming back this year. He has two big movies coming out in July (Hercules / Fast 7) and God knows what other project he'll be taking on. He can pretty much pick what he wants at this point. So without him, I think that's the best the WWE can do.

There have been murmurings that they were leaning towards UT / Lesnar but I think that UT / Cena is a bigger draw.

Hogan / Lesnar I think would sell the PPV like gangbusters because it replaces the planned Rock / Lesnar match with Hogan and trade one movie star for another. True Hogan hasn't really succeeded like Rock has yet, but his upcoming film is pretty much slated to be one of the biggest films of 2014.

He should be required to bring this guy back with him.

When they had a bunch of " magic of live TV!!! lol!!!" moments like that during RAW, I was perplexed as to why the fuck they would start having scripted moments of live TV flubs. (They were dabbling is viral marketing.)

skfHT1L.jpg
 ​
Wrestle Kingdom 8!
January 4th, 2014 - 14 Days To Go!

Two of the best professional wrestlers Tanahashi and Nakamura will go at it in what is sure to be a classic!

NJPW has consistently put on the best wrestling shows on the planet in 2013. If you're tired of the WWE, if you're afriad that TNA isn't cutting it, and you're upset that ROH is spoiling its PPVs by posting images on its website, then maybe it's time to give NJPW a chance.

Wrestle Kingdom 8 is the biggest wrestling show of the year in Japan. Held at the Tokyo Dome, the most prestigious arena in all of Japan, holding 50,000 people, Wrestle Kingdom 8 will be the second largest professional wrestling event in the world behind only Wrestlemania XXX. 

The show is available for order on UStream now. I hope to enjoy it with you gentlemen.

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

Hogan / Lesnar??????????????
Or finish the job that he was supposed to with Orton back in 06. Since there was supposed to be a rematch after Summerslam that year with Orton winning the rematch, but Hogan claimed "he was injured". Plus it keeps Orton out of the title picture, so it's win/win.

bread's done
Back