Too Human - Gen. Discussion & Info

the games has been scrutinized for a number of years.. put under the microscope and what not.. the only problem I have with the game is they made the game heavily multiplayer friendly... but then, probably for some programming reasons took out everything but the coop.. doesn't kill the game, but it would be better if you could show off your loot to more than 1 friend at a time

This game rocks I love the loot getting and the achivements are easy enough. I see myself playing to at least get teh 1000/1000 and probally cooping a couple times. I don't understand why everyone hates the game elsewhere. It serves my purpose of not having MUA2 or some other game like it. Gets at least a 8-9 out of 10 sure the camera sucks but after u get used to it its not that bad especially since u hit LB to center the camera where your looking. Def worth my monies =)

Yea, I picked this up yesterday from TrU using the B1G1 and 20% off coupons and I have been really happy with the game so far. I have always liked 'loot' games and enjoyed the demo they had released so I was planning on picking this up regardless of what the 'reviews' said. After a decent amount of CAGs vouched for it there was no question I was getting it on my way home from work yesterday.

I sat down to play for 30 min before I went to bed and ended up putting in 2+ hours! Only bummer I had so far was the demo was just the 1st part of the first level of the game so it felt like I had been there before, but I still enjoyed it.

I think this game broke the "im not getting this game because the reviews suck ass" problem i had. i saw the reviews and i still got it because i had faith in what i was buying. I think the worst review was the fat guy on the video review from gamespot. He SHITTED so much on the game that i thought he was going to be skinny by the end of the video.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']All the codes are taken. :|[/quote]
Well that sucks they are one time, but thanks to the people that posted they used them.

I have to say that so far I also really like this game, and it is interesting to see how many people like it despite some reviews. I can't remember a game that has had such a disconnect between reviewers and consumers before.

I'm too fat and lazy to look up reviews, but didn't Crackdown get somewhat "feh" reviews? :whistle2:k
I know lots of people really enjoyed it...but I think it scored lots of 7s. I could also be thinking of something else. I could also be thinking about the time that never happened :whistle2:k

[quote name='Callandor']

And just for kicks:
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/2humanalypse-now-strictly-for-my-gamerz/160/[/quote]

Nice one, Gerstman threw me a shout out there by breaking out my CAG name "GLOCK GLOCK". :rofl:

Someone posted it in here or in another thread, but with all the hype and all of Dyack's antics on neoGaf and wherever else, I'm not sure you will find an unbiased review of this game. You really just have to try out the demo. If you like that, you will enjoy the game.

Actually in a way, could Dyack have planned it this way? The game had been in development for very long and there was already alot of criticizm going around even before release. Maybe he just decided to use the publicity for what it it worth and let the game speak for itself with consumers. We have seen Microsoft take a pretty half-assed attempt at supporting some games that they didn't expect to get reviewed well or sell well so possibly Dyack decided any publicity was good, especially if MS wasn't going to put alot of effort behind it.

[quote name='Wombat']I have to say that so far I also really like this game, and it is interesting to see how many people like it despite some reviews. I can't remember a game that has had such a disconnect between reviewers and consumers before.[/quote]
I dont know what is in the air but I love this game and i dont know why most of the reviews are above 7.5.

I WANT TO KNOW DID YOU THINK TOO HUMAN WINS AGAINST NeoGAF?

How long did you take you guys to clear the second level?[quote name='MaskedPlague']Check your loot management settings on the bottom of the equipment page. Make sure it says "off" or "smart". I messed up and started with "everything" getting salvaged.[/QUOTE]That's embarrassing. I wanted to save everything so I changed that setting early on. :dunce:

Luckily I changed it back to smart at around level 8 or 9.

Interesting to see people enjoying this game because I was very unimpressed with the demo (and I've loved other games that got hammered in reviews but had decent gameplay like Saints Row, Crackdown and Two Worlds).

I love loot games (so I really really wanted to like this game) but I really don't see how this is worth $50. Is it really more fun to play this than to pick up a loot game you already own? I just started playing Titan Quest again and it completely squashed any desire at all I had to play Too Human. I also imagine I would also have more fun playing Diablo II.

I picked it up and I'm enjoying it as well. For me it is sort of like how Mass Effect and Assasin's Creed had issues; Mass Effect with it's inventory system, clumsy MAKO controls, elevator loading times, and texture pop-in and Assassin's Creed with the repetitive nature of it's missions and some odd gameplay mechanics. I enjoyed both of those games even with the assorted issues they had and both of those games have the potential for fantastic sequels.

Too Human is sort of the same for me. It has issues that are occasionally frustrating or annoying, but it's still a lot of fun. Especially for a dungeon hack. The combat in Too Human, at least for me, is far more satisfying than the combat in other dungeon hack games.

I'll give this a shot and Gamefly it. Besides the initial reviews I've been hearing good things about this. With that said I'm glad I didn't buy it.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I picked it up and I'm enjoying it as well. For me it is sort of like how Mass Effect and Assasin's Creed had issues; Mass Effect with it's inventory system, clumsy MAKO controls, elevator loading times, and texture pop-in and Assassin's Creed with the repetitive nature of it's missions and some odd gameplay mechanics. I enjoyed both of those games even with the assorted issues they had and both of those games have the potential for fantastic sequels.

Too Human is sort of the same for me. It has issues that are occasionally frustrating or annoying, but it's still a lot of fun. Especially for a dungeon hack. The combat in Too Human, at least for me, is far more satisfying than the combat in other dungeon hack games.[/quote]

that is a great point.. what the problem is with Too Human is that there aren't the graphics of an Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect to hypnotize reviewers from seeing those game flaws...

That is probably a fair point. I just could get past the flaws in Too Human since I'm not big into dungeon crawls. Though I would still say the flaws were more crippling in Too Human than in Mass Effect (I didn't play Assassin's Creed). The flaws in Mass Effect were more peripheral than having a crappy camera and boring, repetitive, limited combat system as in Too Human IMO. I can overlook popup, load times etc., but I have a harder time with a bad camera system and combat I don't enjoy. Of course, other's may be more annoyed by ME's flaws so it's subjective.

But glad some people are enjoying it!

[quote name='Poor2More']This I have to agree, it happen to me, When first playing Two Worlds, I heard how horrible it is, but come friday I tried it out and low and behold I sat their playing the whole weekend (20 hours+) 700 worth of achievments, and I still dont like the game but it had me by the balls and I dont know what was keeping me their......[/quote]

I bought Two Worlds a couple of weeks ago for $15 and have been putting tons of hours into it. If you can ignore the horrible voice acting/script if actually a diablo style loot collecting game. If your into WRPG's and Diablo I would recommend it on the cheap.

This game is too freaking short... and its just a mass effect.. with co op.

The loot part is somewhat cool, but the menu to change it is a pain.. crafting the elite armor set takes a while too.

And its going to take people a WHILE to get 1 million in bounty.. Im 3/4 done and I only have near 120,000 loot.

Overall, huge disappointment.

Expect a giant price drop within a month..

I'm not sure why I have a squad following me around all the time, they're amongst the most worthless bunch of CPU partners that I've ever seen in a game.

The game's good though, as I like the loot collectin' and the combat's not that bad.

[quote name='seanr1221']The CPUs really are stupid. They literally can't kill anything.[/quote]

I dont think theyre supposed to.. but they can kill sometimes. I juggled an enemy into the air and then the CPU destroyed it, unlocking the achievement for it..

They are overall terrible though.

I finished the Ice Forest and I'm wondering if my experience with the boss was unique or not.
I got to the final area and went up the elevator to the path it took me with one barrier to take down before attacking the five pods, but I died and it seemed to keep starting me over instead of letting me at least face the boss with everything in place from before I died. When restarting that same path, once there were two barriers and the five pods and another time I still had to take down the barrier, but the pods seemed to have retained the damage I had inflicted before I died. The final time after I died there was no barrier and just three pods remaining, which left me with enough health to defeat the robots and move to the next floor. Basically, did the floor you were taken from, if you died a few times, ever remain in the shape you had left it or did it reset every time? It just seemed odd from what I've seen happen when I die mid-battle.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I finished the Ice Forest and I'm wondering if my experience with the boss was unique or not.
I got to the final area and went up the elevator to the path it took me with one barrier to take down before attacking the five pods, but I died and it seemed to keep starting me over instead of letting me at least face the boss with everything in place from before I died. When restarting that same path, once there were two barriers and the five pods and another time I still had to take down the barrier, but the pods seemed to have retained the damage I had inflicted before I died. The final time after I died there was no barrier and just three pods remaining, which left me with enough health to defeat the robots and move to the next floor. Basically, did the floor you were taken from, if you died a few times, ever remain in the shape you had left it or did it reset every time? It just seemed odd from what I've seen happen when I die mid-battle.
[/quote]

Yes, it should remain the same. You cant reactivate ruins youve already been to in the same runthru of a level, so bosses stay the same.

How did u die so much lol :)

You think the squad you have is worthless you should wait till level 3. Not as bad as the squad at times but others it is no point in haveing him.

Also tip for the 3rd boss

Use two guns and fire both at the same time. Run around and use the dodge button to get around. Kill the smaller ones if they get to close. I tried this at first with a lazer two handed gun I had. Took forever and I died 4 or 5 times. Once I changed guns it took me no time at all. Also he will punch the ground when he starts just dodge out of the way and keep shooting.

EDIT: I should say this was done with the champion. So if you played another class I cant say that this might work due to not knowing how they play.

I'm looking forward to buying this though i will probably not be picking it up full price. As Ice2Dragon said it'll probably drop in price in a months time or so. Despite the fact that it have had some rather "meh" reviews i still might enjoy this as a lot of you guys and people i know seem to like it a lot.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not sure why I have a squad following me around all the time, they're amongst the most worthless bunch of CPU partners that I've ever seen in a game.

The game's good though, as I like the loot collectin' and the combat's not that bad.[/quote]
I was playing in the ice forest and you know the guy that always says its a good day die, the game gliched and i had two of him because in the ice forest the shield will sometimes will turn on behind you and block your squad and trap you in. the guy got though with me and another was spawned on the other side of the shield.

I have a dumb question as this is based on the demo only. As I was playing I had leveled up and it told me to add points or whatever.. how do you do that? I was all over that screen but I couldn't find points to give out..? What was I doing wrong/missing.

there is a skills thing on the menu thing that you drop points in lilboo, it lookes like a skill tree from diablo 2 when you look at it.

:lol: I'm at work so I guess I'll check that out on the demo later. I looked all over and I still didn't see points. I just saw equipment and what level to be for certain equipment.

Day 2 The game is turning out to be fun still I agree with everyone the the soldiers thats with you are garbarge only time they really fight is when I die lol. I love the game though am I right to say that lasers suck? They look really cool but it seems like everyone shields them. Oh and how do you get dual weapons? Im a beserker and not one dual weapon has dropped I been using hammers and the sticks (lol forgot the name) are those considered dual wield cause im using too hands? (

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Day 2 The game is turning out to be fun still I agree with everyone the the soldiers thats with you are garbarge only time they really fight is when I die lol. I love the game though am I right to say that lasers suck? They look really cool but it seems like everyone shields them. Oh and how do you get dual weapons? Im a beserker and not one dual weapon has dropped I been using hammers and the sticks (lol forgot the name) are those considered dual wield cause im using too hands? (

I had it set to salvage all grey and i just changed it to salvage nothing because I never got a dual sword. I love the laser too but when I was fighting the dog lookin thing on the first stage he and all minions blocked everything im like wth. I don't really like the two handed guns though. And the hammer is fast I want a huge sword though. Im thinking I should of went champion.

lol yea when there is a boss or mini boss fight the boss deploys shields to protect thier minions from guns period.
i would say you buy a dual sword from the weapon shop in the town.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']I don't know how to do that... yet lol I just picked my side and im in the frozen forest.[/quote]
lol in the town usually their is a map intercom everywhere just click "A" when you get close to one. it will show you where the store is.
The ice forest is freaking long lol but you have the option of going but to Asier (the town).

[quote name='a_bleak_tomorrow']Yeah the ice forest is super long. Any one read the Kotaku review I'd say its about spot on. Havent really seen any graphical glitches. And I'm not done yet.[/quote]

There are a few, my character has glitched outside walls several times for seconds, or dipped below the map.

Yes, ice forest is really long.. its longer than all the other levels.

Level 3 is very short compared to the other 3..

[quote name='GuruuShah']lol in the town usually their is a map intercom everywhere just click "A" when you get close to one. it will show you where the store is.
The ice forest is freaking long lol but you have the option of going but to Asier (the town).[/quote]

I can go back to town anytime I want? please tell me how :drool::bouncy:

[quote name='Mrcapcom']I can go back to town anytime I want? please tell me how :drool::bouncy:[/quote]

In multiplayer, hit start and go to aesir.

In single player, I think you have to wait til the end of the level.

Not to be saying something bad but can't we just clone the elite armor and pass around here on CAG so we can all get the achivement?

Has anyone picked up the game guide for this game? I didn't even see one when I picked it up but I rarely see them at TrU. The BB website indicates that one exists. I remember playing Diablo II the Brady guide that came with the BattleChest was key for me, especially with all the different types of items, sets, etc. I'm wondering if the TH guide is thorough like that one.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Not to be saying something bad but can't we just clone the elite armor and pass around here on CAG so we can all get the achivement?[/quote]

Im not sure if the elite armor is a blueprint you need to construct, or its just random armor found.

Im only level 32.. Ill find out once I hit level 50.. people on gfaqs have been saying that the armor pops up around 40.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']There are a few, my character has glitched outside walls several times for seconds, or dipped below the map.

Yes, ice forest is really long.. its longer than all the other levels.

Level 3 is very short compared to the other 3..[/quote]

Yeah level three was nothing compared to ice forest. what is everyone leveled to? I think Im 27.

[quote name='a_bleak_tomorrow']Yeah level three was nothing compared to ice forest. what is everyone leveled to? I think Im 27.[/quote]

If anyone wants me to run them thru the levels let me know..

It lets me level up as well as helping u guys out lol

I don't think I get what the charms are all about. I've completed a few, collected and inserted the runes, and completed the attached quest, so what happens after that?

bread's done
Back