Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']
After learning that co-op DLC is out of the picture (time and file size) I'm finding it easy to let go. PM fair offers.[/QUOTE]

I find this very very hard to believe. With the low online numbers, it would make more sense for them to do coop over competitive...

[quote name='nbballard']It's been pretty much confirmed now based on Gamefaq and PS3Trophies that you can trick the game into letting you use your tweaks in the first playthrough of crushing and still get your trophy.

Essentially- you play the game on crushing until your get your first gun. Then you save, and downgrade to hard. Turn on some tweaks, and quit out of the game. After that- you can go to the chapter select and relaunch the level on crushing again and the tweaks will be there.

I haven't tried it with my game yet- but if i am stuck at the grenade fight much longer- i'm going to give it a whirl.[/QUOTE]
i did this last night to try it out.... works flawlessly.

Probably the wrong thread, but since many of you have played the original...

I just finished UC1 last nite after letting it sit for a few months, and I noticed some instances where I was getting some screen-tearing if I turned quickly. Also some stuttering of frames...I know it's not my TV, and I'm hoping it's just the game and not my PS3. the disc is flawless, was bought brand new, and my PS3 is an 80gb purchased in Feb with a build date of Jan 09. It's used probably 3 times a week for Blu, and not a whole lot of games (thus far...all my friends are on LIVE, so my xbox gets quite the workout).

Thoughts, Anyone?

[quote name='Ronin317']Probably the wrong thread, but since many of you have played the original...

I just finished UC1 last nite after letting it sit for a few months, and I noticed some instances where I was getting some screen-tearing if I turned quickly. Also some stuttering of frames...I know it's not my TV, and I'm hoping it's just the game and not my PS3. the disc is flawless, was bought brand new, and my PS3 is an 80gb purchased in Feb with a build date of Jan 09. It's used probably 3 times a week for Blu, and not a whole lot of games (thus far...all my friends are on LIVE, so my xbox gets quite the workout).

Thoughts, Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Are you on the current firmware for the PS3? The 3.0 release caused some issues with U1.

[quote name='nbballard']Are you on the current firmware for the PS3? The 3.0 release caused some issues with U1.[/QUOTE]
Yes, current firmware, all the TV processing is turned off (game mode on a Bravia SXRD set - I'm a bit of an HT dork, so my settings and shit are tight).

It only happened at a few specific points...one such was
the 2nd area of the ship at the end, where you have to press circle to avoid the falling container.
Right after that QTE, it slows, tears a bit, or stutters.

I'm thinking my drive might be going...and I'm pissed.

Spot-fucking-on review of Uncharted 2 that absolutely mirrors my thoughts about the game. It may contain spoilers of how many locales exist in the game (so if that bothers you, don't read it), but it confirmed my fears of exactly what I was seeing. I'm not in love with the urban environments at all and looks like you play through them quite a bit. They feel tired and old; nothing like the creativity from the first game.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I had such passion for the first game that this one has been a major letdown and in my spare time I don't find myself leaping at every chance to play again like I did with the first. To quote the review, ". . .its biggest sin is not living up to the promise of Uncharted 1."

[quote name='Jodou']Spot-fucking-on review of Uncharted 2 that absolutely mirrors my thoughts about the game. It may contain spoilers of how many locales exist in the game (so if that bothers you, don't read it), but it confirmed my fears of exactly what I was seeing. I'm not in love with the urban environments at all and looks like you play through them quite a bit. They feel tired and old; nothing like the creativity from the first game.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I had such passion for the first game that this one has been a major letdown and in my spare time I don't find myself leaping at every chance to play again like I did with the first. To quote the review, ". . .its biggest sin is not living up to the promise of Uncharted 1."[/QUOTE]

I didn't agree with that review at all. It seems like they're intentionally going against the grain to try to drum up hits.

But the problem is that if you want a game that tells a great story and does interesting new things with gameplay, Uncharted 2 can't hold a candle to Brutal Legend or Batman: Arkham Asylum...

Uncharted 2 isn't about inventing new ways of playing games, and I don't necessarily agree that Brutal Legend or Batman:AA did either. Uncharted 2 was all about taking what made the first game so great, and refining and building upon that, which it did incredibly well. That is what the developers were telling us all along.

Think of any element from the first game and compare it to the same thing in the second. In all cases, it got better.

Also, I think the story was great, and the storytelling was done better than any previous game.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I didn't agree with that review at all. It seems like they're intentionally going against the grain to try to drum up hits.[/QUOTE]I thought it was rife with honesty that many reviewers were willing to forgive because they themselves thoroughly enjoyed it. Much of the opinions come from experiences with other games, so of course it will vary from player to player. If you look at the game as a standalone like any good reviewer does, then that's why it will be a GOTY.
Think of any element from the first game and compare it to the same thing in the second. In all cases, it got better.

Also, I think the story was great, and the storytelling was done better than any previous game.
For me it felt like a step backwards but there's always Uncharted 3 to look forward to.

[quote name='Jodou']Spot-fucking-on review of Uncharted 2 that absolutely mirrors my thoughts about the game. It may contain spoilers of how many locales exist in the game (so if that bothers you, don't read it), but it confirmed my fears of exactly what I was seeing. I'm not in love with the urban environments at all and looks like you play through them quite a bit. They feel tired and old; nothing like the creativity from the first game.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I had such passion for the first game that this one has been a major letdown and in my spare time I don't find myself leaping at every chance to play again like I did with the first. To quote the review, ". . .its biggest sin is not living up to the promise of Uncharted 1."[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with the review at all. I found the story to be fairly good. For them to say it is no where near Batman or Brutal Legend is a shame. I found Batman's story to be one dimensional with trying to force in as many villians as they could on the way to Joker's party. Does it make Batman a bad game? No. I found the platforming/puzzle sections to be nice. To me, it felt around the same amount that were in the first one. Without these sections, I feel this game would get repetitive. Lastly, why does everyone always feel like all games have to be an open environment... :roll:

My personal opinion is this...
The Good
1) I love the start up scene on the Train and coming back to it later in the Story. 2)The Graphics and Environments were gorgeous. 3) The levels played better for me and were more memorable than the last like the scene where you are sneaking through the palace or the fight on the train or the running from the tank scene. 4) The crossbow was a great addition :)
The Bad
1) Not a fan of the supernatural beasts just like I wasn't a fan of Zombie nazis from the last game. 2) I found the game to have too many firefights
Overall this is the best game that came out this year I have played so far.

[quote name='smiggity']I find this very very hard to believe. With the low online numbers, it would make more sense for them to do coop over competitive...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='nbballard']Where did you read that?[/QUOTE]This.

[quote name='Vinny']I made it to chapter 12 on Crushing. That one fight which starts during the grenade tutorial was probably the hardest one. I had trouble with other firefights too but not as much as I did with that one.

I am not looking forward to the final boss fight...:lol:[/QUOTE]This or This.

[quote name='kube00']Anyone wanna do co-op?

We need a thread for this[/QUOTE]This...;)

Also, how do you remove the mini youtube video, so you have to view it from the official youtube site?

[quote name='Ronin317']Probably the wrong thread, but since many of you have played the original...

The screen-tearing in U1 happens to everyone when turning quickly, it's a well known issue. When did the stuttering occur? Near the end where that container falls? That may have happened on mine, but I barely noticed it if it did.

I finally finished the single player portion of UC2. I LOVED the first game and this one took what I liked of the first game and improved it 10 fold! Hands down of the best game experiences I had since Metal Gear Soild 1 on PS1!

Man, I finally got out of that damn town and everything just started to click. Took half the game to get going but it's finally starting to feel like the Uncharted I know and love. Finally, some scenery worth stopping and taking in as well!

What kind of T.V. do you play on? i.e. Samsung LN46B650

started my crushing/ find the rest of the damn treasures 2nd playthrough and aside from a few annoying deaths its not that hard. you just have to use cover more and running and gunning is impossible but if you can shoot blind its pretty easy.

I had the same issues with UC1. There was plenty of screen tearing if I turned too fast. I didn't have any issues with stuttering though, unless the action on screen became really, really heavy (it only happened once, during one of the final chapters).

And speaking of DLC, anybody else think that first motion comic was kinda... dumb? And those Toyota commercials/ads on all the Uncharted 2 stuff is pretty damn annoying. I was hoping for a wallpaper or theme which wasn't plastered with that ugly SUV but guess not.

Just finished it on easy (yes I am lame) and I must say I loved it. I am a huge fan of the original, and this one surpassed it. I did find 2 to be a bit easier than the first, whether that is true or just my improved skill from playing the 1st I'm not sure.

The best series on the PS3 handsdown!

[quote name='Pavel6969']Just finished it on easy (yes I am lame) and I must say I loved it. I am a huge fan of the original, and this one surpassed it. I did find 2 to be a bit easier than the first, whether that is true or just my improved skill from playing the 1st I'm not sure.

The best series on the PS3 handsdown![/QUOTE]

In the last game- they had a habit of setting up a fire fight- and then when you thought you had finished it they would send in more guys from the other side. that's why the first game was harder for me.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']The first had bulimic enemies and in the 2nd and they didn't do those MJ "thriller slides" when you were aiming.[/QUOTE]

haha I totally forgot about that. yeah that was something I didn't miss at all.

I'm about to head into the last chapter but for those that are on chapter 26 or are done....for the record,
I fuckin HATE Yetis (in general anything yeti/sasquatch/big foot related creeps me out). These scared the crap outta me and that level where you have to find the secret entrance to Shambalah where they're leaping around on the rooftops....I almost had a heart attack.

Good times.

I still think ND shoulda fucked the
Yeti idea, and made it where Marco Polo & his crew made it to shambala. Then they all drank the Tree of Life's sap, & that made them all die and become undead. So you would then have to stop Lazarević from getting to the Cintamani Stone ontop of fighting off the undead crew of Marco Polo who are protecting their treasure and the stone. And the final boss battle would have been a showdown with Drake, Lazarević, & Marco Polo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nbballard']In the last game- they had a habit of setting up a fire fight- and then when you thought you had finished it they would send in more guys from the other side. that's why the first game was harder for me.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I hated that section. I remember dying quite a few times, and having to shut down the ps3 in frustation after almost getting to the save point and dying...again.

I'm not sure I like the
fact that the monsters in this game are inmune to bullets, for the most part. At least the ones in the first game died eventually.

[quote name='carbontiger']I'm about to head into the last chapter but for those that are on chapter 26 or are done....for the record,
I fuckin HATE Yetis (in general anything yeti/sasquatch/big foot related creeps me out). These scared the crap outta me and that level where you have to find the secret entrance to Shambalah where they're leaping around on the rooftops....I almost had a heart attack.

Good times.[/QUOTE]
I was cautious the ENTIRE chapter. I slowly approached each corner since I kept expecting one to jump down in front of me and attack.

I still don't understand how they were such bullet sponges considering they weren't really Yetis but just humans in suits. Superpowered, yes, but they're still human.

[quote name='carbontiger']I'm about to head into the last chapter but for those that are on chapter 26 or are done....for the record,

Good times.[/QUOTE]

i was on board for that idea until they revealed the truth about it then i was dissappointed. if theres another uncharted i hope they add in zombies.

[quote name='dragonjud']Ahh, I hated that section. I remember dying quite a few times, and having to shut down the ps3 in frustation after almost getting to the save point and dying...again.

I'm not sure I like the
fact that the monsters in this game are inmune to bullets, for the most part. At least the ones in the first game died eventually.
[/QUOTE]

Just use the crossbow - one shot kills on them

Its a good idea Blader,
I just think everyone is using the zombie thing as a crutch. Its quickly becoming overdone. But actually fighting Marco Polo (or even Francis Drake from the first one) would have been awesome!

[quote name='lordopus99']Just use the crossbow - one shot kills on them[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if only they carried more ammo. ;)

BTW,
the fact that they were humans in suits reminds of the Bigfoot episode of MacGyver (if anyone remembers that show or the episode in question).

Just finished this bitch and I can still honestly say the first game is still my favorite. However, towards the end of the game you can see just how much polish and love they put into the sequel. Some areas are just amazingly detailed and the final city was worth the play-through just to see.

BTW, I'm going to work on the platinum now, but I'm not sure if I can keep all treasures/medals going into crushing mode and still get the trophies for all of them. Should I start a new game on crushing and use a separate save slot or can I just continue with everything I have now?

Just got my Platinum a couple minutes ago! :D

GAU - 200 Kills and Steel Fist Master were my last two.

Easy Steel Fist Master:
Chapter 4, slow motion, with the pistol. Just shoot from the hip once, and quickly press square as they take damage. The kick counts in your total, so they don't have to all be punches. As long as they aren't stealth, you're good.

Couple hours in, maybe chapter 5, and so far I prefer U1 slightly, but that may change as I keep playing and get to do Crushing. Maybe it was a mistake to do U1 on Crushing right before U2. I wish they would just let you do that difficulty from the start. I just feel like the game is progressing too fast and fights are over way too quickly. I want to have some tough lengthy firefights. Also getting tired of the stupid sex jokes that seem to repeat in every cutscene. Other than that they made some very nice improvements in every area of the game and the graphics are amazing.

[quote name='J7.']Couple hours in, maybe chapter 5, and so far I prefer U1 slightly, but that may change as I keep playing and get to do Crushing. Maybe it was a mistake to do U1 on Crushing right before U2. I wish they would just let you do that difficulty from the start. I just feel like the game is progressing too fast and fights are over way too quickly. I want to have some tough lengthy firefights. Also getting tired of the stupid sex jokes that seem to repeat in every cutscene. Other than that they made some very nice improvements in every area of the game and the graphics are amazing.[/QUOTE]
Ha, you're going through the exact same thing I did. It just takes way too long to get going, but once it does the latter half of the game is pretty wicked. I really hated the fact that the new characters overshadowed the old, especially since Sully doesn't get much screen time at all! The script was definitely better in the first game and this time around it feels like one of those over-the-top action movies.

I half expected Arnold Schwarzenegger to show up somewhere lol.

I just beat the game on Normal today. The Urban Warfare chapter is probably the most visually amazing sequence I have ever seen in a video game. Simply incredible.

Also, I didn't get the $100,000 bonus for having a completed (100%) Uncharted 1 save file on my PS3 .... what gives?

[quote name='chuckywang']I just beat the game on Normal today. The Urban Warfare chapter is probably the most visually amazing sequence I have ever seen in a video game. Simply incredible.

Also, I didn't get the $100,000 bonus for having a completed (100%) Uncharted 1 save file on my PS3 .... what gives?[/QUOTE]

did you hit the square button at the store thingy? You dont automatically get it.

For those who bought the game off of Amazon.

I emailed customer support about the preorder bonus of the treasure map not working/not being as advertised. Customer service emailed me a day later and gave me a $5 dollar gift card.

I was wondering how you guys are finding all the treasures?
Are you guys looking at ign guides? Or just play through the first time with nothing and get whatever you step upon. And then play the second time through and get the treasures

[quote name='Xeph820']I was wondering how you guys are finding all the treasures?
Are you guys looking at ign guides? Or just play through the first time with nothing and get whatever you step upon. And then play the second time through and get the treasures[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just play through on hard the first time (so you unlock crushing) and pick up treasures if you care. Then play it on crushing and grab all the treasures, since a guide can't spoil anything. I'm actually in the middle of doing this right now since all I have left are treasures and crushing for the platinum!

I just got 101 out of the 100 treasures you can get. Hard and Crushing the last 2 trophies I need for Marco!

Just got the Navarro skin and Golden Guns, thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction for Navarro, the guy is such a badass. But I've seen a different villian a couple of times, the black dude with tattoo's on his face and a yellow shirt. I assume he's from the UK LE Uncharted where there's 2 multiplayer skins, but i haven't found any of that on Ebay. Anybody have any info on who this guy is and where you can get him?

@ wildcpac
For those who bought the game off of Amazon.

I emailed customer support about the preorder bonus of the treasure map not working/not being as advertised. Customer service emailed me a day later and gave me a $5 dollar gift card.
What does the treasure map do then? Haven't used mine.

Just opened this.. after the first fight in the Jungle, I really, really wish that this game had a Firefight mode with there being like.. four or five settings, and a nonstop onslaught of enemies.

[quote name='J7.']Couple hours in, maybe chapter 5, and so far I prefer U1 slightly, but that may change as I keep playing and get to do Crushing. Maybe it was a mistake to do U1 on Crushing right before U2. I wish they would just let you do that difficulty from the start. I just feel like the game is progressing too fast and fights are over way too quickly. I want to have some tough lengthy firefights. Also getting tired of the stupid sex jokes that seem to repeat in every cutscene. Other than that they made some very nice improvements in every area of the game and the graphics are amazing.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thoughts as you but the game really really picks up,
especially when you head into the city. Just total warfare.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, just play through on hard the first time (so you unlock crushing) and pick up treasures if you care. Then play it on crushing and grab all the treasures, since a guide can't spoil anything. I'm actually in the middle of doing this right now since all I have left are treasures and crushing for the platinum![/QUOTE]

thats what ive been doing had to use a second guide though since towards the end of the one on gamefaqs the authors descriptions of treasure locations can be confusing. got 2 more left. question when it comes to getting the trophies for killing 10 people with one hit can you get those on normal or easy ? i already know i wont be able to ge them on crushing same thing for the gau 200 kill trophy.

[quote name='lokizz']thats what ive been doing had to use a second guide though since towards the end of the one on gamefaqs the authors descriptions of treasure locations can be confusing. got 2 more left. question when it comes to getting the trophies for killing 10 people with one hit can you get those on normal or easy ? i already know i wont be able to ge them on crushing same thing for the gau 200 kill trophy.[/QUOTE]

You can get them on any difficulty, and you can use the "Tweaks" and any purchased weapons. So, beat the game, then go back on Very Easy to complete much of the challenges. You can turn on "One Hit Kills", Infinite Ammo", and any other tweaks that may help you out.

Count me in the camp that needed to get pretty far into the game to really start enjoying it. The last several chapters were an awesome rush as far as video games are concerned.

I really started digging it when
you go on the mission to find the lost expedition.

It was pretty late in the game, but those chapters made the build up worth the wait.

bread's done
Back