Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='jman619']:lol: I pre-ordered it a while back. Uncharted 2 is my most wanted game this year... I said it, and it needed to be said. ;)[/QUOTE]

Same here by FAR! :D

This game is pretty badass so far. The detail in this game is simply awesome. Playing through on hard right now. Difficulty is pretty much perfect. I am up to the point where
you come upon the ruins of where the people from all the ships settled after the tsunami

do you guys think I can play Uncharted 2 without finishing Uncharted 1?
I borrowed 1 from my friend but didn't have much to play it and had to return it to him.
I'm thinking since there is multiplayer now, if I just played U2, I can get familiar with the levels. If I go buy uncharted 1 and play it, by the time I get to U2, everybody is going to be pro online. That is... if I go online.

The first game was in my opinion the best PS3 exclusive game so far (with honorable mention to all the fun I've had with LittleBigPlanet). I'm really hoping this one is at least as good. (so far the reviewers appear to think so).

Earlier in the year, I figured it would easily be my favorite PS3 title of the year, but then I really enjoyed Infamous, and the more I see about Demon's Soul the more I want to play it. So now Uncharted 2 has some competition. Either way, I can't wait for my Amazon copy to arrive.

EDIT: Xeph820- I don't think playing the second game first would hurt much. The setting/story of the second looks pretty unrelated so I doubt it has many spoilers about the first. However,while the story in the first game was interesting, the first game is good enough that even if someone spoiled the complete story for you it would still be worth playing,

Game arrived at the Delaware Post Office at 1:43 AM this morning, and I expect it to arrive by tomorrow (like my PSP Go). Yay for FSSS!

[quote name='BoomHeadshot']There's one of the Fortune Hunter Editions up on ebay right now for $3,000!

but Destructoid is giving a copy away for those of you who don't have a spare 3k.[/QUOTE]
Your links don't work, what kind of links are those?

[quote name='dallow']Anti-boosters? Interesting idea.[/QUOTE]
That would be good for the NFL, NBA, & MLB.

[quote name='jman619']:lol: I pre-ordered it a while back. I hope it at least comes sometime before Saturday. That's all I ask for... I saw the reviews for this game. IGN/Gamespot gave it a 9.5. From the IGN review it should have got a 10 since they didn't mention any negatives. Uncharted 2 is my most wanted game this month... I'll come out, and say it. Uncharted 2 is my most wanted game this year... I said it, and it needed to be said. ;)[/QUOTE]
Same here, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up, it's still in the getting ready to ship phase. Same here for most wanted game this year too.

Damnit, my copy still hasn't shipped or even enter the shipping process from Amazon. I think it has mostly to do with WotS3 being delayed though, oh well. I'm in no rush and am actually anticipating WotS3 more.

[quote name='Xeph820']do you guys think I can play Uncharted 2 without finishing Uncharted 1?
I borrowed 1 from my friend but didn't have much to play it and had to return it to him.
I'm thinking since there is multiplayer now, if I just played U2, I can get familiar with the levels. If I go buy uncharted 1 and play it, by the time I get to U2, everybody is going to be pro online. That is... if I go online.[/QUOTE]
In a review I read they said you miss out on a lot of small things and some inside jokes, especially related to the characters, if you don't play the first. I would play the first first, it's definitely a game you want to play and it only makes sense to play it before the 2nd for the plot. I found that playing the first before playing U2 mp helped me a lot in U2 mp.

fuck. Bought it and played it about an hour before school and then left, had a miserable day with insane weather, came home, and booted up Uncharted 2 for thirty seconds before the power went out. Wi-fi's on a battery and a laptop with thirty minutes left. I can tell this is going to be an awesome week.

I've played about 3 hours so far. I really didn't like the first part of the game. It's gotten much better since then.

[quote name='J7.']In a review I read they said you miss out on a lot of small things and some inside jokes, especially related to the characters, if you don't play the first. I would play the first first, it's definitely a game you want to play and it only makes sense to play it before the 2nd for the plot. I found that playing the first before playing U2 mp helped me a lot in U2 mp.[/QUOTE]

Only had one morning class and the day off from work today so after my class, I went and picked it up at Game Stop. You do miss out on a few inside jokes if you haven't played the first.
Like when Chloe gets stuck in the elevator and Nate then has to fix the power to get her out, he jokes about almost expecting to see a zombie pop out around the corner ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']The bonus for having U1 beaten with game save is $100,000 in U2.[/QUOTE]

Shit..I wonder if I still have my U1 save on the HD.....

I don't have the game yet, but that's what a site said. Maybe they did different amounts based on difficulty, medals, etc.

[quote name='MtReload']Only had one morning class and the day off from work today so after my class, I went and picked it up at Game Stop. You do miss out on a few inside jokes if you haven't played the first. I won't spoil anything, but like when Chloe gets stuck in the elevator and Nate then has to fix the power to get her out, he jokes about almost expecting to see a zombie pop out around the corner ;).[/QUOTE]
Please use spoiler tags. :wall:

I won't spoil anything, but like when Chloe gets stuck in the elevator and Nate then has to fix the power to get her out, he jokes about almost expecting to see a zombie pop out around the corner

In other words, "I won't spoil anything......but here's a spoiler!"

I figured if anyone would be careful about about spoilers, it'd be CAGers. Guess I was wrong

Played about 2 hours worth of single player and it's very good. I'm still not sure I made the right call between this or Fallout 3 GOTY, but screw it, I'll end up getting both anyway.

The swimming pool, um, "thing" was hysterical. I LOL'd.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was $20,000 when I did that.[/QUOTE]

When does that pop up?

Played a bit of the multiplayer today, don't plan to do the single player until the weekend, but MP alone has been a blast so far.

[quote name='bmachine']The swimming pool, um, "thing" was hysterical. I LOL'd.

When does that pop up?[/QUOTE]
There should be a "Drake's Fortune" option in the bonuses menu somewhere that redeems the money once you press the corresponding button.

[quote name='dmunkee']Played a bit of the multiplayer today, don't plan to do the single player until the weekend, but MP alone has been a blast so far.[/QUOTE]

Haven't touched the MP as of yet, but I did put in some quality time with the single player campaign -- Quality stuff. I actually had to pull myself away at chapter 18 .. just didn't want to finish it in a day.

Played up to part 7 of single player, and 10 rounds or so multiplayer and loving it so far. I love the maps that werent on the demo. Hit me up for arena/co-op games!

Did anyone get $100,000 for having an Uncharted save file on their system? I don't think I did.

So, I'm at
Chapter 20
and I honestly have no idea how much farther I have to go. It doesn't feel like I've moved very far. I also need to go back and get 60+ treasures.

Oh, and the Train Scene is amazing, but I hate it since it's hard as hell, especially the
Timed Chopper part

Power's back on so I played another hour and while the game feels like an improved Uncharted 1, I like it a lot and can't wait until it ramps up big time. Will play some MP this weekend with some cags hopefully.

You only get $100,000 for having a save where you finished Drake's Fortune (the SP campaign). If you only have an incomplete save, you just get $20,000.

Anyone with a platinum on Drake's Fortune try the feature? Does it unlock anything else? I'm considering going back and platinuming the game, but Crushing difficulty is a read pain and if it doesn't get me anything in UC2 then I won't bother.

I've played up to chapter 7 of the single player and I must say chapter 6 was amazing. The 3 new maps in MP are going to take some getting used to. :D

[quote name='sophicous']In other words, "I won't spoil anything......but here's a spoiler!"

I figured if anyone would be careful about about spoilers, it'd be CAGers. Guess I was wrong[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my bad. I honestly didn't think it was a spoiler. If it's a big deal, I'll put it in spoiler tags. No need to get all up in arms about it

[quote name='MSUHitman']My Internet is off (on IPhone w/Edge) so if I could ask, how many chapters are in the single player? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I believe 24 is what I saw in a review.

So I got the game today and played some multiplayer and one chapter of the campaign. What a way to start off the game, I really like how the story was told.

VERY EARLY SPOILER IN CHAPTER 1, PROBABLY A DUMB QUESTION
So Drake is talking to his lady friend in the bedroom after the little scene at the table when they were talking about Marco Polos lost fleet. Apparently they are going to find this fleet and split the treasure 3 ways but the other guy is going to be pissed? Why the hell would he be pissed if they split it with him, I guess I just didn't get it. I was tired when I played through this but did I miss something?

Is it possible Drake's lady friend (sorry can't remember her or the new guys name) was pretending to be his girlfriend just to get Drake involved? I don't feel enough background was given here but maybe it comes later. Or maybe I'm just being tired and dumb.

loving the game so far..im in the train yard...the only thing that is bothering me so far is that the girls' faces dont get dirty...anyone else notice that?

WTF guys! I know this forum is for discussing U2, but learn how to use spoilers! Especially that post about chapter 17 from access denied! Please use spoiler tags, since I want to see how you guys are liking the game.

So, here's a gripe I have about this game:
Enemies are still bullet sponges. 3 Headshots STILL isn't enough to take down most regular enemies on Normal. And don't even get me started about the Machine Gun guys, the Shotgun guys,
oh and for some odd reason
Macho Man Randy Savage

I also find it odd that the Players Met list doesn't update for Uncharted 2 in-game or out of game.

broly - im playing on hard and single headshots are working just fine for me.
blader is a shitbag

EDIT: haha guess blader doesnt read the spoiler tags after all!

@Broly:
1 shot for a headshot - unless they are wearing a helmet. And they are bullet sponges cause they are usually wearing heavy armor (even the light soldiers are wearing armor).

Love being able to read what everyone thinks of the game. Nice not having to worry about spoilers. But people, please put spoiler tags - some of you take the surprise out of things!

I'm surprised though that Chapter 1
More people weren't impressed by that hanging train sequence. I did not see that coming and was an awesome start.

Wow! Thx Dallow for updating the thread title after my post. Hopefuly people will
listen now & I won't have to abandon this thread.

I also found that the "recently met people" wasn't updating for the demo.

And do you guys think they'll be releasing a SP demo, similar to U1:DF?

bread's done
Back