Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

I don't need to watch the trailers, read the description or anything. I just need the date it is released and $60 in my pocket.

[quote name='Serpentor']All games are meant to be played, but not equally... I saw the trailer in HD last night, totally BLOWN away! I don't know how Naughty Dog going to stick to the 11.1.11 schedule, I bet the pressure is sky high! There's no room to say "oh crap, we need extension, the game is not going to make the 11/1/11 release day."[/QUOTE]

Not like it was written in blood. :) developers have pushed back release dates even after paying for huge billboards with the date on them.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Not like it was written in blood. :) developers have pushed back release dates even after paying for huge billboards with the date on them.[/QUOTE]

Not if you pick numbers like 11.1.11...

[quote name='NamPaehc']Not like it was written in blood. :) developers have pushed back release dates even after paying for huge billboards with the date on them.[/QUOTE]

This has possibly become the most anticipated game of the year now. Pushing the release date back would be an extremely bad thing. It's a bit different when you're pushing back the release date of game of this magnitude and hype.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Comparison shots (early, yes, but still fun).

http://gamingbolt.com/uncharted-3-d...-among-thieves-stunning-screenshot-comparison[/QUOTE]
I dont know, screen shot 4 doesnt show that much of a difference to me and that is the only screen that seems to show actual gameplay. I am wondering if they arent showing CG only in the other shots from U3. I am not saying I have a clue, but to my eye they dont seem the same. Didnt U2 use in game graphics for all the cut scenes? Maybe they wont do the same in U3?

[quote name='wrencrest']I dont know, screen shot 4 doesnt show that much of a difference to me and that is the only screen that seems to show actual gameplay. I am wondering if they arent showing CG only in the other shots from U3. I am not saying I have a clue, but to my eye they dont seem the same. Didnt U2 use in game graphics for all the cut scenes? Maybe they wont do the same in U3?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 3 isn't going to use CGI... and yeah Uncharted 2 used in game graphics for all cut scenes. I would expect the same for Uncharted 3 (though I don't know exactly).

Hopefully soon sites will start reporting their experience with the full 10 minute demo that we all had a taste of on Fallon. Not exactly sure when the embargo lifts.

[quote name='Psykoboy2']Hopefully soon sites will start reporting their experience with the full 10 minute demo that we all had a taste of on Fallon. Not exactly sure when the embargo lifts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I find it odd that Sony made it known they were throwing a shin dig post VGA for U3 and yet no one can talk about it yet.

[quote name='Saint Noir']They have already confirmed all of the trailer is in game engine (as will all of the final game).[/QUOTE]
Cool. Can't wait.

The multiplayer portion of Uncharted 2 was one of the best experience for PS3 fans, and now developer Naughty Dog has said that the next game in the franchise Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception will compete with the big boys in the online space.

In an interview to GT at GDC 2011, Evan Wells, Naughty Dog co-President said..

"We really, really want to push multiplayer to the forefront of Uncharted. We feel like we have a good grasp on the single-player experience but we really want to compete with the big boys in the online space and actually have a very competitive game."

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is slated to release on November 1 for PS3

Source
Interview

====

As long as I can grief people with the 'pump' taunt, I'll be happy.

[quote name='Supplice']The multiplayer portion of Uncharted 2 was one of the best experience for PS3 fans, and now developer Naughty Dog has said that the next game in the franchise Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception will compete with the big boys in the online space.

In an interview to GT at GDC 2011, Evan Wells, Naughty Dog co-President said..

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is slated to release on November 1 for PS3

Source
Interview

====

As long as I can grief people with the 'pump' taunt, I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

i agree with you about the pump taunt nothing better than giving someone the oz treatment when theyve been talking shit the whole game.

that said they have some work to do to fix alot of the issues that are still in the u2 mp experience. number one lag switchers i read someone on cag that kz3 has something in place that warns and then bans people who do that which is something nd should look into.

they also need to balance out matches by rank ive seen too many games with stacked teams going against very low level players.

i also hope they add more weapons and characters skins and more mp levels. i dont care paying for them via dlc but they should double or tripple what they did in u2 for u3.

and they need to fix the mele/pulldown system.

[quote name='Supplice']ND will just throw it in with another skin pack like Navarro. Though I agree, can't argue with a free code.[/QUOTE]

im hoping they do after the recent goty edition they did for uncharted 2 im contemplating waiting for un3 to do the same but id hate to have the game spoiled for me and to miss out on the mp.

[quote name='Supplice']ND will just throw it in with another skin pack like Navarro. Though I agree, can't argue with a free code.[/QUOTE]

No... Naughty Dog told us at Pax it wont be available anywhere else and we were the only people that were ever going to have the DLC.

I have 4 codes :D

[quote name='TPerryoo7']No... Naughty Dog told us at Pax it wont be available anywhere else and we were the only people that were ever going to have the DLC.

I have 4 codes :D[/QUOTE]

what do you want for one of those codes?

I got a package from my friend yesterday that had 2 codes and a PAX shirt from the Uncharted panel. :D

As for the DLC..

[quote name='Arne']

The second part is that each t-shirt comes with a voucher code redeemable for one of three future UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception multiplayer DLC items! One of the items is a to-be-determined character skin sporting an in-game replica of the PAX East t-shirt we’re giving away. The other two items are for one of two skinned weapons.

We’ll be giving you more specifics on all three of these DLC items in the future, but trust me, you want to do everything you can to snag one of them if you have the opportunity to do so. [/quote]

ND

[quote name='Supplice']I got a package from my friend yesterday that had 2 codes and a PAX shirt from the Uncharted panel. :D

As for the DLC..

ND[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info dammit i want one of those skins!!!!!!i hope someone does a contest for these at some point.

Short and sweet.

UC3 early access Beta to be released on June 28th for PS+ members and to those who purchased Infamous2.

Public Beta to all on July 5th.

New DM modes: Free for All and Three Team Deathmatch (2v2v2).

Full customization of character & weapons. Sprinting introduced.

Split-screen.

======
"'Uncharted 3' will put your Facebook friends in the game"

Other video games may connect to Facebook, but upcoming PS3 title Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is headed into uncharted territory by bringing Facebook and other social media connections directly into the game.

Playing around with social media: In Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, which arrives in stores in November, you'll be able to view a list of your Facebook friends who are on the PlayStation Network.

By Sony Computer Entertainment America/Naughty Dog

Playing around with social media: In Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, which arrives in stores in November, you'll be able to view a list of your Facebook friends who are on the PlayStation Network.

By Sony Computer Entertainment America/Naughty Dog

Game developer Naughty Dog is working with Facebook and YouTube to expand the ability to share experiences from within Uncharted 3— sequel to the 2009 title named Game of the Year by multiple outlets — without the need for external tools.

At the start-up menu, players can view a "feed" that shows which Facebook friends on the PlayStation Network are currently playing and whether they've posted updates or videos. Clips can be viewed without leaving the game. Previously, videos had to be handcrafted and exported for uploading to YouTube.

While PlayStation Network and Xbox Live let players send automated updates to Facebook, "I don't think anyone else has gone to that level to bring Facebook within the game. People usually do it the other way around," says Christophe Balestra, co-president of Naughty Dog. "We are the first ones who are doing this."

None of these social-media upgrades affects the single-player story mode, an adventure starring Indiana Jones-ian franchise hero Nathan Drake. But when players get the game, due Nov.1, they can opt in to Facebook connectivity.

The developers hope that the changes make the multiplayer game environment less intimidating and more familiar.

"Our goal for Facebook is to really make sure you can interact with your Facebook friends the way you interact with your PSN friends," Balestra says. "You can talk to them (and) you can invite them to your party. You are going to see icons of people's faces and their real names. So right away it is going to feel bigger."

Players can post screen shots and video clips that show off their customized characters and team emblems. After a game finishes, a player might send out a post that he found a treasure during the game. The first five friends who "like" the post could get an in-game gift. Players also can post videos of multiplayer game action of up to 90 seconds.

"We're trying to create unique stories every time you play, to continue this feeling of a familiar and close-knit community, sort of like how Facebook already operates when friends upload photos and videos of their travel or parties," he says. "We're not just updating your wall with basic things happening in the game."

Those who want to tinker with their videos will have a battery of new in-game post-processing tools. Each multiplayer session is stored on the hard drive of the player's PS3. You can go into that video file and direct the scene to your liking, moving the camera around, adding voice to a character and even sharing the video so a friend can help edit. "You can create your own movie and tell a story," Balestra says.

Past games such as Halo 3 have included filmmaking tools to make scripted videos, but Uncharted's direct link for uploading videos to YouTube is unique.

The best uploaded videos might wind up on "Uncharted TV," which will play in the bottom right corner of the pregame menu.

"People can watch the best plays that we selected," he says. "We want to give you access to all the media being generated by Uncharted within Uncharted." Uncharted 3 will have some new multiplayer game types, too. A new Deathmatch mode pits three teams of two against one naother, and Free-for-All lets eight players compete until the last player is standing. And for the first time, players can sit side by side and play on a split screen.

"If you watch a football game, you talk about it the next day because everyone watched the same game," Balestra says. "This is (to) get people who play to have a better experience."

sauce

pIVE4l.jpg

cxLRt.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4-Kqaz9pes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Meh, I just hope the SP is as good as the first.[/QUOTE]

U2 was a better SP, I hope its better than the SP in U2

i hope they fix the issues with mp. when it works its amazing but fuck if i dont hit points where i hate the damn game with every inch of my being. theyve got some work to do not sure if i care much about custom mp characters especially if they start trying to charge you for clothing/ costume packs.

The only problem I had was that the camera was off-centered, don't know why since the campaign was centered. Looks like it's still off-centered. :/

Hmm... Uncharted had a good pace where I never needed a sprint button. What button are they going to replace now? Reload? (since you can use up on d-pad to reload).

ign says the beta will start june 28 ( for people who buy infamous 2 or plus members) and it will be open to everyone july 5th. yay plus this way i can pick up infamous 2 used later. they also detail some of the new additions to the game from what they said you can do split screen co-op off of one ps3 and you can have a friend sign in on your console and use their id. and boosters can now level up as you use them.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Hmm... Uncharted had a good pace where I never needed a sprint button. What button are they going to replace now? Reload? (since you can use up on d-pad to reload).[/QUOTE]

itll probably be one of the shoulder buttons. makes the most sense to me but this is one addition im for considering the way people abuse the hell out of the grenade launcher.

The speed gained from sprint in the interview video doesn't seem like it will pose too much of a problem in ruining the "pace." Anyway, I'm looking forward to the 3TDM mode. Haven't played that mode since the UT days.

I couldn't even tell if any character was sprinting in the new trailer. At least it's not replacing a button, R3 is just zoom (when aiming).

The 3 way team deathmatch seems awesome and will most likely be something picked up by many of the more popular FPS shooters.

It will legitimately bring teamwork back to the equation and will make for some very fun co-op multiplayer. I cannot wait.

Hands On With Uncharted 3's Three Team Deathmatch and Free For All Killfests

Soon, you'll be able to high five your PlayStation Network and Facebook buddies while standing over the corpse of Nathan Drake—and you'll be rewarded for doing so in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception's all-new online multiplayer component.

PlayStation 3 owners will be able to get their hands on the game's multiplayer as early as June. Uncharted 3 doesn't ship until November, but a multiplayer beta for the game will go wide on July 5, with early access to that beta hitting a week earlier on June 28. PlayStation Plus subscribers and Infamous 2 owners will be allowed that early access (but don't be surprised if Naughty Dog has a few beta codes for die-hard Uncharted fans).

Now, high-fiving your teammate in Uncharted 3 may not be the most innovative or impressive of the game's features, but it was one I was happy to pull off while standing above a pile of pirate corpses. (Especially after being "left hanging" a few minutes earlier by my matchmade buddy.)
Here are the more impressive and exciting features of Uncharted 3's multiplayer, starting with the benefits of friends.

Uncharted 3 introduces the Buddy System, which does more than just let players high five each other. When paired with a buddy in, say, the game's new Three Team Deathmatch mode, a six player, 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 contest, players can earn extra cash by performing certain actions during matches. They can be as subtle as high-fiving for a few extra bucks or more complicated, like teaming up to take down a foe, but all carry a risk-reward consideration.

The Buddy System also adds special Buddy Boosters, unique player perks that help players work in tandem to earn extra cash, ammo, grenades, medals and more. Players can respawn on their buddy's location during a match and buddies are made easily visible with a unique marker.

Speaking of Boosters, the perks of Uncharted 3, players can now purchase Paid Boosters by using their in-game cash to buy skills that aren't available simply through unlocks. While the list of Boosters is long and varied, with the ability to level them up through player progression, there's one Booster that won't make a return.

Yes, Situational Awareness, the bane of many Uncharted 2 players, will not be returning for Uncharted 3.

What else is new in Uncharted 3 multiplayer?

Free For All - It's every man for himself in eight-player FFA multiplayer.

Power Plays - an event that gives the leading team an opportunity to earn more cash and the losing team an opportunity to score more kills. Naughty Dog says "it sucks when you get blown out" during a multiplayer match, something Power Play aims to address.

Overtime and Sudden Death - Closer matches may need to be settled with good old fashion kills counts. If a match is really, really close, the game will add a minute-long Overtime period, for added intensity. Sudden Death settles things in case of a tie, with last man standing rules applying.

Medal Kickbacks - Medals picked up from treasure chests can be spent to buy temporary boosters. They're one-time uses and include special abilities like a rocket launcher, a smoke bomb that teleports players out of sight and Carpet Bomb, an option to toss three grenades at once.

Massive Customization - Players can fully customize their characters, outfitting both heroes (Drake, Sully) and villains with "hundreds of unique parts," including hats, shirts, sunglasses, pants, shoes and more. Want Nathan Drake to wear a purple thermal shirt and gold jeans? No problem. Players can also customize their weapon load outs (primary gun, secondary handgun, two booster slots and one medal kickback slot) and add weapon mods to guns.

Cinematic Multiplayer - That runway sequence you see in the above multiplayer trailer? That's part one of the two-part Airstrip map. More on that later.

The trailer also shows off a few new Uncharted 3 multiplayer tricks, like deep player, weapon and emblem customization, splitscreen multiplayer, new taunts, melee during platforming, environmental hazards like that plane that strafes the runway and more, like improved environmental destruction.
Update: One thing I neglected to mention about splitscreen multiplayer is that it will allow for multiple PlayStation Network IDs to be signed in.
We'll have more soon in our hands-on impressions of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer.

sauce

====

For the record, here's the list of currently available Boosters as seen in the playable demo. They're probably subject to change by Naughty Dog.

Booster Slot 1

• Come Here - See the opponent that killed you up to 15 meters until they die
  • Let Me See - Every two deaths allow you to see all opponents for 8 seconds
  • Regeneration - Recover from wounds 70% faster
  • Beast Mode - Move faster with heavy objects by 10%
  • Scoped In - Reduce pain wobble while scoped in
  • Fleet Foot - Move faster while aiming
  • Retaliation - Spawn with limited ammo when killed with a Power Weapon
  • Cloaked - Opponents will not see your player arrow and you are difficult to hear
  • Weapon Expert - Add on additional MOD slot to all pistols (Required Rank: 5)
  • Explosive Expert - Carry an extra grenade
  • Endurance - Decrease sprint recovery time by 20% (Required Rank: 7)
  • Booty Buddy - Share what is found in chests
  • Stealth Buddy - Fill your Medal Kickback when your buddy gets a stealth kill
  • Sugar Buddy - Receive cash when your buddy does
  • Thanks Buddy - Shared medals
Booster Slot 2

• Back in the Saddle - Respawn time reduced by 2 seconds
  • Monkey Man - Climb faster
  • Lucky Me - Increase the [chance] of getting goods from chest by 10%
  • Bargain - Decrease Medal Kickback cost by 1
  • Deposit - Earn more money for objective medals
  • Treasure Hunter - Increase the chance of getting treasures from chest by 10% and see cursed treasures
  • Ammo Award - Receive ammo for getting kills in a row
  • Daredevil - Taunt over an opponents body to receive ammo (Required Rank: 5)
  • Team Safe - Explosives do not knock you down and teammates only receive 1/2 damage from your grenades
  • Overstock - Medal Kickback limit increased by 3
  • Power Hunter - See the location of Power Weapons within 10 meters (Required Rank: 7)
  • Kickback Endurance - Increase Medal Kickback times by 10%
  • Revenge - Drop live grenade upon death
  • Explosive, Buddy - Get a grenade for each of your buddies' explosive kills
  • Kill, Buddy - Receive ammo for each kill your buddy gains
  • For My Buddy - See the location of the opponent that killed your buddy until they die
Medal Kickback

• Militia Man - No reloading for 30 second. Costs 5 medals.
  • Disruption - Nearby enemies cannot see player arrows for 45 seconds. Costs 6 medals.
  • Smoke Bomb - Vanish in a puff of smoke. Costs 7 medals.
  • Cursed Idol - Trow an idol that releases a cloud of gas that curses anyone who enters it. Costs 7 medals.
  • Cash 'em In - Double your cash earnings for 30 seconds. Costs 7 medals.
  • Carpet Bomb - Throw 3 grenades at once. Costs 7 medals.
sauce

good no more bitchuational awareness man i hated that booster. it always sucked to have to use evasion because of the way people abused it.

bread's done
Back