Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

Kinda disappointed with this CE. Only thing i'm interested in is the steelbook. I probably will stick to the regular and get this at a price drop down the line. And i doubt that the pre-order bonuses will stay exclusive since they're for multiplayer and can give you and unfair advantaged.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Kinda disappointed with this CE. Only thing i'm interested in is the steelbook. I probably will stick to the regular and get this at a price drop down the line. And i doubt that the pre-order bonuses will stay exclusive since they're for multiplayer and can give you and unfair advantaged.[/QUOTE]
I doubt they're anything more than early unlocks for what everyone has access to. Then again, they are pretty clueless when it comes to balanced PvP so I could be wrong.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Wonder what is up with those retailer exclusive boosters and kickbacks... especially...
"Creepy Crawler Kickback
Allows you to "turn into a swarm of deadly creatures for a limited time and overwhelm your enemies."

Hope they aren't "exclusive" for long or are just ones you don't have to buy and can be unlocked by anyone.[/QUOTE]

what the fuck is this shit

Hopefully they announce a decent CE/SE for the US soon. Looks like EU is going to be getting an actually good CE/SE.

From the EU PS Blog:
"Next up are some details about the European Special Edition. Below is an early design for you to look at: it’s still work in progress but trust me, the final version will be epic and will look like Nathan Drake’s diary with fully illustrated pages, including concept art, screenshots, sketches etc. Of course, it will have a premium finishing and will definitely standout in your collection of games."

There's also some good info on an "Explorer Edition" at that link. I hope they announce this stuff for the US soon and then tell us this US CE crap was just a sick joke.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hopefully they announce a decent CE/SE for the US soon. Looks like EU is going to be getting an actually good CE/SE.[/QUOTE]

Besides the one we have been talking about? I could go for a SE that is 79.99 as opposed to the already announced CE that is 99.99 with stuff I don't want.

I would like a very nice/unique box and some good skins for MP (kind of like that EU SE).

uncharted-3-collectors-edition-pre-order-bonuses-detailed.jpg

*UPDATED*bigger pic:http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/5791421762/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Brace your wallets ladies and gents. Naughty Dog have detailed the upcoming Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition as well as retailer specific pre-order bonuses!

Included in the North American chest is a steelcased edition of the game, replicas of Drake's belt buckle and ancestor's ring. Here's the kicker, a Sideshow Collectibles Nathan Drake figurine, all packed nicely in a Traveller's Chest for your treasure hunting convenience. How much does this cost, you may ask. Well, only $99.99, which is especially low considering it comes with a Sideshow Collectibles figure.

As for pre-order bonuses:

Regeneration Booster, from BestBuy
Nets you the regen booster, increasing your rate of recovery.

Carpet Bomb Kickback, from Amazon.com
Blanket your enemies with three grenades in one throw with this Kickback Medal.

Clip Size Mod for Para 9/G-MAL, from Amazon.com
Increase your clip size and spend more time shooting enemies before reloading.

Creepy Crawler Kickback, from GameStop
Turn into a swarm of deadly creatures for a limited time and overwhelm your enemies!

Callout Mod for AK-47, from Wal-Mart
Equip a laser sight on your AK and mark whoever you're shooting at for the entire team to see.

PSN Avatar & Static Theme for PS3, from all other participating retailers.

Now don't you people across the pond worry, Naughty Dog has a similar treat in store for Europe. There's a Special Edition designed after Drake's journal and includes many art works and the such. There's also a PSN voucher to redeem several multiplayer goodies like London Drake and Pirate AK-47; an Upper Cut taunt; Cash Multiplier; and Special Edition decals with which to pimp your multiplayer avatar.

The Collector's Edition will also be available in Europe, but possibly packed in a different box. It includes the aforementioned multiplayer DLC plus the respective pre-order bonuses. It seems like Sony and Naughty Dog are also trying to additional items like a Nathan Drake passport holder and 3D lenticular image. The pre-order bonuses are the same as NA's, but no retailers have been specified

Link:http://www.gamingunion.net/news/uncharted-3-collectors-edition-pre-order-bonuses-detailed--5305.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The chest the game comes in looks awesome but without any extra codes included I can't possibly see spending $40 extra for what's included.

I love all the stupid ass pre-order bonuses nowadays, akin to moronic things like in EA games in particular that are basically pay us real money to get cheat codes or free unlocks.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Do you guys think the statue will be plastic?[/QUOTE]

i read on G4TV.com that its a Sideshow Collectibles statue

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Buying things at MSRP is my favorite gaming deal ever![/QUOTE]

I posted this in the Collectors Edition thread instead of giving it it's own thread because of these kind of responses.

Developers have really got to start coming up with something else to put in these CE's. If Mass Effect 3's planned "uber" CE only has some bust of Shepard or something similar I'm really going to be disappointed. I think Fallout New Vegas and Bioshock 2 have had some of the best CE's to come out in a while.

The statue looks like it's incredibly cheaply made. I don't know about this. I'll have to see some closeups before I even think about getting it.

[quote name='karatebear']I posted this in the Collectors Edition thread instead of giving it it's own thread because of these kind of responses.

Developers have really got to start coming up with something else to put in these CE's. If Mass Effect 3's planned "uber" CE only has some bust of Shepard or something similar I'm really going to be disappointed. I think Fallout New Vegas and Bioshock 2 have had some of the best CE's to come out in a while.[/QUOTE]

oh my bad karate i didnt know it was posted there,mods you can close/delete

Being a HUGE HUGE fan of this franchise, I will definitely get this edition regardless of what's in it. Naughty Dog has exceeded my expectations when it comes to the first two games! And I know this game will be amazing!!!!

TY ND!

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']The statue looks like it's incredibly cheaply made. I don't know about this. I'll have to see some closeups before I even think about getting it.[/QUOTE]

It's reportedly being made by Sideshow Collectibles. I've only just heard of them but from what I can gather online is their products sell for quite a lot and seem to be of high quality. Maybe someone else on these boards has more knowledge about this.

[quote name='joker______']oh my bad karate i didnt know it was posted there,mods you can close/delete[/QUOTE]

There's no need to close it. It'll get more attention if it has it's own thread.

Being a huge fan of the series I think I'll be picking this up. I'm just afraid of it becoming the next KZ3 HE with pricedrops galore after.

Cheap plastic statue and likely cheap box? Check.

Overinflated price? Check.

I'll pick this up for $50 or $60 when retailers realize they need to clearance the ten million produced.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Being a huge fan of the series I think I'll be picking this up. I'm just afraid of it becoming the next KZ3 HE with pricedrops galore after.[/QUOTE]

Big difference this game will sell much more b/c of it's release date & sales history. Won't be nearly as many of them sitting around plus add in all the new PS3 owners that will be buying b/c of the system price cut. I'd expect there to be deals leading up to the release on UC1 & 2 which will also hook new players getting them ready for the 3rd. To bad there's no ultimate edition w/all 3 games in 1.

[quote name='Enuf']Big difference this game will sell much more b/c of it's release date & sales history. Won't be nearly as many of them sitting around plus add in all the new PS3 owners that will be buying b/c of the system price cut. I'd expect there to be deals leading up to the release on UC1 & 2 which will also hook new players getting them ready for the 3rd. To bad there's no ultimate edition w/all 3 games in 1.[/QUOTE]

So they'll just massively overproduce? Every triple A title with an overpriced CE ends up way overproduced, the only ones that keep their value are exclusive DLC. The exceptions are few and far between.

[quote name='fujimitsu']So they'll just massively overproduce? Every triple A title with an overpriced CE ends up way overproduced, the only ones that keep their value are exclusive DLC. The exceptions are few and far between.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll overproduce this. They know it'll sell well, even if a few thousand copies sit around the store shelves for a while.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I want to get this but I have no use for the statue. Honestly I just want it for the steelbook, belt buckle, and ring...[/QUOTE]

You can usually sell extras from a CE for a decent amount. A lot of people will probably want the statue alone, since it's made by Sideshow Collectibles, who doesn't exactly make cheap statues.

Will Pre-order at Amazon once it goes live. I told myself long ago that if any Uncharted games have a CE/SE edition I will buy it (don't want to make myself a liar). Only wish I could get my hands on one of the Fortune Hunter Editions of Uncharted 2.

[quote name='NJMane']Will Pre-order at Amazon once it goes live. I told myself long ago that if any Uncharted games have a CE/SE edition I will buy it (don't want to make myself a liar). Only wish I could get my hands on one of the Fortune Hunter Editions of Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]

indeed... that would be a bitch to get tho... esp since i want one unopened...

I really don't get why people feel the need to complain about this being in the deals section. Is it really THAT BIG of a deal?

Anyway, I've already pre-ordered this at my local Gamestop. I'm a BIG BIG fan of this series as well and have been super excited since the day UC3 was announced. I'm pretty happy with the contents of what it comes with. I only wish that it came with a soundtrack, and an artbook that looked like Drake's journal. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to get those seperatly

[quote name='pdornwvu']I really don't get why people feel the need to complain about this being in the deals section. Is it really THAT BIG of a deal?[/QUOTE]

This ^^.....I don't get why the complains are in this thread,when I've seen multiple pre order threads in my four years on being on this site. If it bothers you that much don't click on the topic,its that simple.
Just my two cents

[quote name='joker______']This ^^.....I don't get why the complains are in this thread,when I've seen multiple pre order threads in my four years on being on this site. If it bothers you that much don't click on the topic,its that simple.
Just my two cents[/QUOTE]

A few months ago a catch-all Collector's Edition thread was created for the sole purpose freeing up the forum from all these individual release threads (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288086).

Personally, I'd much rather that thread be the Collector's Edition thread for the Deals forum, with maybe CE announcements getting put in the Game Industry forum....the exception being any CE that has a specific deal on it (such as the recent Dead Space 2 drop)...they should get their own deal post.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Cheap plastic statue and likely cheap box? Check.

Overinflated price? Check.

I'll pick this up for $50 or $60 when retailers realize they need to clearance the ten million produced.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but Sideshow does not make "cheap plastic statues." Please do research to understand what's coming out of your mouth before hand.

[quote name='oldboy26']Sorry but Sideshow does not make "cheap plastic statues." Please do research to understand what's coming out of your mouth before hand.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I bet this is totally on par with their other figures which cost multiples of what this entire CE costs. :roll: I would be willing to bet that this is the cheapest figure they've ever produced. Not saying that it will be worthless, but you get what you pay for. Nearly every video game CE that has some kind of figure or toy like this is cheap. The only ones that are usually worth a damn are the creative ones.

I say this as the owner of most of the cheap plastic garbage in question. Hell I even own that shitty dead space 2 gun.

I'm not feeling this CE. I was really excited to see what ND would come up with but man i'm disappointed. A belt buckle, really?? Plus WTH is that Chronicles of Narnia looking Cupboard Thing exactly? The only thing im interested is the steelbook and that's it. I love the Uncharted series but unfortunately i'm sticking to the regular edition. Also, i bet the Europeans will get something way better than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fujimitsu']You're right. I bet this is totally on par with their other figures which cost multiples of what this entire CE costs. :roll: I would be willing to bet that this is the cheapest figure they've ever produced. Not saying that it will be worthless, but you get what you pay for. Nearly every video game CE that has some kind of figure or toy like this is cheap. The only ones that are usually worth a damn are the creative ones.

I say this as the owner of most of the cheap plastic garbage in question. Hell I even own that shitty dead space 2 gun.[/QUOTE]

Agreed only "figure" that I have known of that was not completely worthless is the Bioshock figure you got with the CE of the Xbox edition.

bread's done
Back