Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

being able to throw 3 grenades could be fun but some of those other boosters/perks sound silly. now if they had one that let you summon zombies id be all for it lol.]

gt5 was the only collector's ed. worth the msrp b/c it was truly limited and gran turismo fans are true fanatics. it dropped in price at the few best buy and gamestop stores that it was in stock, but finding it was extremely ymmv.

i would wait on uncharted 3 the same way i waited of god of war 3 and the others. hell, i'm still waiting on killzone 3 ce to drop below $60. thanks for the info though, op

Last edited by a moderator:
No super voucher to cover all the store specific pre-order bonus DLCs?

Come 'on. It's cheap to make and it's a big incentive to get the CE. 'Coz I don't want to buy from multitple retailers just to get hold of the different pre-order bonuses.

They did it to LBP2 CE, KZ3 Helghast and Infamous 2 Hero. Why not to Uncharted 3 CE?!

$100 is a lot, but it's really up to the fans... I mean people pay hundreds of dollars for concert tickets, ball game tickets, they do it because they're the fan.

$100 for LE/CE games is not a big deal anymore. Look at those folks spending $200+ for Gears of War 3. It's not for everybody obviously. As to mass produced or not, it probably on par with whatever the controlled production cost is.

This is the first Uncharted CE. The first God of War III UE did ended up $19.99 at TRU, but not many people got it. KZ3 HE is currently marked down. GT5 CE is very handsomely made at $100 (if you got it for $60 with B2G1 free at BB, awesomeness to you).

Anyway... I like threads like this, to inform me of things I don't need, but seriously want :lol: I don't mind combined threads, but single thread like this stands out and sort of weed out unnecessary thumb down comments.

Finally I like to add that you can get deals if you wait, there's nothing wrong with that. As I pointed out earlier, are you a fan or not? Do you care about the extra or not? As to make extra bucks or not, there's nothing wrong with that too, but please don't whine if the "collectible" price drops.

And oh, Sideshow do make high quality stuff, they're pretty popular among action figure collectors. I love Uncharted, but I've to think about this CE, it's $100 after all you know.

[quote name='Serpentor']$100 is a lot, but it's really up to the fans... I mean people pay hundreds of dollars for concert tickets, ball game tickets, they do it because they're the fan.

$100 for LE/CE games is not a big deal anymore. Look at those folks spending $200+ for Gears of War 3. It's not for everybody obviously. As to mass produced or not, it probably on par with whatever the controlled production cost is.

This is the first Uncharted CE. The first God of War III UE did ended up $19.99 at TRU, but not many people got it. KZ3 HE is currently marked down. GT5 CE is very handsomely made at $100 (if you got it for $60 with B2G1 free at BB, awesomeness to you).

Anyway... I like threads like this, to inform me of things I don't need, but seriously want :lol: I don't mind combined threads, but single thread like this stands out and sort of weed out unnecessary thumb down comments.

Finally I like to add that you can get deals if you wait, there's nothing wrong with that. As I pointed out earlier, are you a fan or not? Do you care about the extra or not? As to make extra bucks or not, there's nothing wrong with that too, but please don't whine if the "collectible" price drops.

And oh, Sideshow do make high quality stuff, they're pretty popular among action figure collectors. I love Uncharted, but I've to think about this CE, it's $100 after all you know.[/QUOTE]

ce imo arent ever worth because of what you said. look at the gow3 one it dropped to 20 bucks pretty quick and on top of that sony gave away alot of the bonus content it in for free on psn plus. if youre not sure if its worth it then dont do it because its better to wait for a price drop than to buy it new and hate yourself later when the price drops and the extras go up online on psn or in a goty edition.

[quote name='lokizz']ce imo arent ever worth because of what you said. look at the gow3 one it dropped to 20 bucks pretty quick and on top of that sony gave away alot of the bonus content it in for free on psn plus. if youre not sure if its worth it then dont do it because its better to wait for a price drop than to buy it new and hate yourself later when the price drops and the extras go up online on psn or in a goty edition.[/QUOTE]
Good points, I'm on the fence on this CE. But we must remember that Uncharted is great because the story and the stunning visuals. So, I'll be getting the regular edition on midnight (there got to be midnight launch for this). If there's a deal for the CE, I'll get it. Honestly, I'm running out of space for the extra stuff...

[quote name='Serpentor']Good points, I'm on the fence on this CE. But we must remember that Uncharted is great because the story and the stunning visuals. So, I'll be getting the regular edition on midnight (there got to be midnight launch for this). If there's a deal for the CE, I'll get it. Honestly, I'm running out of space for the extra stuff...[/QUOTE]

oh hell yeah u3 and the last guardian are the only real day one must haves on my list so far this year. maybe dead island if it ends up being what i hope it will.

[quote name='lokizz']and did i see right that guy used a sniper rifle while hanging on the wall?[/QUOTE]

At 1:27-1:28, you can clearly see the scope attachments on his pistols.

Overhead number indicators can usually be toggled in the options. The hanging scope was a bit silly, but I like the idea of them using the vertical cover system introduced by Dark Void.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supplice']At 1:27-1:28, you can clearly see the scope attachments on his pistols.[/QUOTE]

didnt notice that oh well guess people will be adding scopes to everything lol.

[quote name='nbballard']Overhead number indicators can usually be toggled in the options. The hanging scope was a bit silly, but I like the idea of them using the verticle cover system introduced by Dark Void.[/QUOTE]

tell me more about this verticle cover system never played dark void.

[quote name='lokizz']tell me more about this verticle cover system never played dark void.[/QUOTE]

err- Vertical.

DV is a cover based shooter with a rocketeer style jetpack. You can do strafing runs then jump behind a crate and shoot someone with a rifle. It didn't really do anything too innovative, but they did create a system they called "vertical cover".

Basically, it was cover-based gun combat used when the character was ascending or descending a wall (usually a cliff, but sometimes the inside of a silo style alien structure). The camera would stay behind the player, but be aimed straight up or down depending on the situation, and you would pop up over the side of the cliff and shoot down (or up) as part of the traversal. In that game, you had a jetpack, so you could fly up to the next ledge pretty easily. It was fun, and disorienting because when you killed a guy, the bodies would fall towards you. You could also get close enough to them to just pull them over the edge, etc.

DV wasn't a great game, but it was an interesting concept.

At the SCEA Press Conference, our Co-Presidents, Evan and Christophe, took the stage and with just a short intro, launched into the first live demo of Uncharted 3 ever shown publicly. The brief Cruise Ship sequence shows just a small slice of one of the most challenging scenarios we’ve concocted for any of the Uncharted games – as a massive, moving environment of the Cruise Ship gets turned on its side mid-battle, Drake has to scramble for his life. This sequence showcases the next level of our physics and water technology – and you’ll see video of this sequence later this week.

The Cruise Ship isn’t everything we’ve got up our sleeves – Naughty Dog is bringing more content to E3 2011 than we ever have before. We’ve also brought a ton of PS3 systems all hooked up with a massive chunk of the Uncharted 3 competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes – those are all on the floor of the SCEA booth for all E3 attendees to check it out. Do drop by!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/06/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-e3-2011-preview/

Lol, what was with the Poseidon's Adventure? At least Sully is back, so the game is already an improvement over U2. Looks good, but it will probably take a back seat until I finish the other amazing games coming out before it.

Sully looked strange but i couldn't figure it out at a glance - is it the facial hair, that he's totally grey, or was it is cartoonish solid hair?

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, what was with the Poseidon's Adventure? At least Sully is back, so the game is already an improvement over U2. Looks good, but it will probably take a back seat until I finish the other amazing games coming out before it.[/QUOTE]

i was hoping thered be killer octopi or something like that treat williams movie lol. that would have been cool.[

[quote name='nbballard']Sully looked strange but i couldn't figure it out at a glance - is it the facial hair, that he's totally grey, or was it is cartoonish solid hair?[/QUOTE]

He has stubble, sideburns, and some sort of new hair style from the previous games. He does look weird.

Chole, ftw! :lol:

[quote name='8bitArtist']what do you guys think will be the super natural element to this game[/QUOTE]

Hopefully nothing. Completely ruined the second half of the second game.

[quote name='david12795']woo hoo elena and chole returns![/QUOTE]

I saw a quick shot of Elena, but not Chloe. I'm glad though, liked both the characters a lot.

[quote name='8bitArtist']what do you guys think will be the super natural element to this game[/QUOTE]

im all for it if its done right especially if theres zombies. im sure they wont pull a kingdom of the crystal skull on us lol.

Well, he's in the desert, so i'm expecting one of the following: Sand Worms, Mummies, or Aliens.

That said, we'll probably get some sort of mummy curse that turns people into some sort of creature similar to U1, but not the same.

Traken - how did it ruin the 2nd game, but not the first game?

i think mummies is the obvious choice although the other 2 kinda came outta left field, especially the 2nd game. i didnt mind the choices though.

[quote name='nbballard']Well, he's in the desert, so i'm expecting one of the following: Sand Worms, Mummies, or Aliens.

That said, we'll probably get some sort of mummy curse that turns people into some sort of creature similar to U1, but not the same.

Traken - how did it ruin the 2nd game, but not the first game?[/QUOTE]

I was going to ask this also. I actually liked it in both and don't see how it can ruin anything

The zombies in U1 really ruined it for me. I turned off the game and didn't go back to it for a few days. Going into U2, I wasn't as bothered by the concept because I expected it to happen.

[quote name='nbballard']Well, he's in the desert, so i'm expecting one of the following: Sand Worms, Mummies, or Aliens.

Traken - how did it ruin the 2nd game, but not the first game?[/QUOTE]

I didn't play the first game. I thought about it after beating the second, but after I heard that it had the same supernatural shit, that guaranteed that I wouldn't be touching it.

[quote name='Trakan']I didn't play the first game. I thought about it after beating the second, but after I heard that it had the same supernatural shit, that guaranteed that I wouldn't be touching it.[/QUOTE]

your loss

[quote name='8bitArtist']your loss[/QUOTE]

I think so too. Both games were still great and the super natural wasn't bad at all

It's a throw back to those old pulp adventures- just like Indiana Jones. It's in their DNA to throw in some mystical something or another.

[quote name='nbballard']The zombies in U1 really ruined it for me. I turned off the game and didn't go back to it for a few days. Going into U2, I wasn't as bothered by the concept because I expected it to happen.[/QUOTE]
Same, except I didn't turn off the game. As much as I dreaded it as I can't stand horror, I muscled through and I'm so glad I did. Dreading it on Hard and Crushing, tho.

It's funny, I had the exact same reaction when I first saw them as Drake did. "OOH!"

[quote name='Buuhan1']Same, except I didn't turn off the game. As much as I dreaded it as I can't stand horror, I muscled through and I'm so glad I did. Dreading it on Hard and Crushing, tho.

It's funny, I had the exact same reaction when I first saw them as Drake did. "OOH!"[/QUOTE]

crushing on u1 was hard but you will get very good with your handgun because of it. like some of you i played u2 before u1 and because of all the time id spent playing mp it made playing u1 pretty easy.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Same, except I didn't turn off the game. As much as I dreaded it as I can't stand horror, I muscled through and I'm so glad I did. Dreading it on Hard and Crushing, tho.

It's funny, I had the exact same reaction when I first saw them as Drake did. "OOH!"[/QUOTE]

I don't like horror either, but i will play games like RE and Dead Space. I need to get in the right headspace to do it though. I think that's what bothered me more than the introduction of supernatural elements. I just wasn't ready for it to change like that.

i didnt know people were horrified of the supernatural on video games. i thought i was the only one 0_o.

i didnt play the zombie level in UC1 until i had my friend over. lol.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Dreading it on Hard and Crushing, tho.[/QUOTE]

Master the pistol.

If needed, there are also glitches that you can use in chapter four and five to get through two of the hardest battles.

[quote name='nbballard']I don't like horror either, but i will play games like RE and Dead Space. I need to get in the right headspace to do it though. I think that's what bothered me more than the introduction of supernatural elements. I just wasn't ready for it to change like that.[/QUOTE]

The supernatural element in the first one scared the crap out of me. I didn't play the game for about a week after I saw that.

I wasn't sure where to post this but if someone wants my promotion code for early access to the multiplayer beta trial, here you go:

6H2G-89N7-9PRF

All I ask is that you mention that you redeemed it. Thanks.

[quote name='pwrdbykimchi']I wasn't sure where to post this but if someone wants my promotion code for early access to the multiplayer beta trial, here you go:

6H2G-89N7-9PRF

All I ask is that you mention that you redeemed it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I just tried to use it but it must already be redeemed.

Thanks anyways.

I was fully ready to jump into the multiplayer beta when it hits on the 28th. But considering I never got into UC2 MP AND I'll have Shadows of the DAMNED and Alice to play, I probably won't jump into it for awhile.

[quote name='aznhero913']I just tried to use it but it must already be redeemed.

Thanks anyways.[/QUOTE]
Since it's not live yet, it will say that it's a bad code, or already redeemed. It'll work for someone once the store gets updated with the proper content.

Will my Beta progress or unlocks carry over to the final game?
No, what happens in the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta stays in the Beta, however we’ve lined up some killer rewards for the retail version of Uncharted 3 if you keep playing in the Beta:

• Download the Uncharted 3 Beta and receive the exclusive UNCHARTED 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar!
  • Complete 10 matches in every Gametype of Competitive Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1!
  • Complete 5 matches in every Gametype of Co-operative Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2!
  • Complete 4 Treasure Sets and receive the Treasure Hunter's Starter Pack!
  • Rank up to level 25 in the Beta and receive a handsome reward of in-game cash on day one!
What modes and maps are available?
Throughout the three weeks of the Beta, we’ll be rotating through a variety competitive and co-op gametypes, along with access to three different maps.

June 28 to July 4
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, Plunder, Three Team Deathmatch, Co-op Arena
Maps: Airstrip, Chateau

June 4 to July 8
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, Free For All, Team Objective, Co-op Hunter
Maps: Airstrip, Chateau

June 9 to July 13
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, Three Team Deathmatch, Co-op Adventure
Maps: Airstrip, Yemen

Is there a level cap in the Beta?
Yes, it’s currently set to level 25.

ND

====
There are more details in the link.

I should be playing this a bunch if my ps3 doesn't act up.
Hopefully my buddies will be playing with me so we can do some tag team taunting.

bread's done
Back