Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

[quote name='j.t']well the sprint button will be R3[/QUOTE]
I've NEVER understood why some devs make the run button on one of the sticks. It's just stupid. Why not use one of the shoulder buttons or triggers?

Anyway, I wonder how many minutes of the mp in this game I'll play before quitting out after getting spawn killed 90 times by the same no lifers who played Uncharted 2's competitive modes 24/7 till they got to where they could kill you with a 9mm from across the fuckin' map.:bomb::whistle2:#

Seems like they are rushing this one out. Depending on the beta i think i might pass on this one for awhile. Then there is the problem regarding the way they keep updating there game and making 90% of the things in the game worse. The uncharted 2 beta was better than ther current U2 online games.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Seems like they are rushing this one out. Depending on the beta i think i might pass on this one for awhile. Then there is the problem regarding the way they keep updating there game and making 90% of the things in the game worse. The uncharted 2 beta was better than ther current U2 online games.[/QUOTE]

From where do you get that impression?

I am excited for this just bet UC2 tonight for the first time. Got to play UC1 still luckly i have it on backlog. Should def have that done by the time 3 come out. I also still have yet to try 2 online. Thought the uncharted series was more for single player mission?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've NEVER understood why some devs make the run button on one of the sticks. It's just stupid. Why not use one of the shoulder buttons or triggers?

Anyway, I wonder how many minutes of the mp in this game I'll play before quitting out after getting spawn killed 90 times by the same no lifers who played Uncharted 2's competitive modes 24/7 till they got to where they could kill you with a 9mm from across the fuckin' map.:bomb::whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

typical "this guy killed me, he must play this game all the time" mentality

[quote name='8bitArtist']typical "this guy killed me, he must play this game all the time" mentality[/QUOTE]
I play games to have fun and just fuck around, so being picked off by someone I can't see from wherever is NOT fun. I don't like 'practicing' to get good to play multiplayer and that's the exact thing everybody has said when I comment on being picked off so easily.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that most of the people killing me just spawn camped by the more powerful weapons and spammed those like crazy.

The Chateau is one of two maps that will be available in the multiplayer beta, the other being The Airstrip. An arena style map, The Chateau allows players to explore the interior and surroundings of the chateau. The map is very vertical and includes ziplines, a new interactive feature for the series. As the match progresses, new portions of the chateau will be lit and burn during the match.

The Airstrip is a two-part map, in which the location and map layout change during the match. The first part of the match takes place on a large cargo plane being chased by trucks. Here, players can jump from truck to truck, and even board the cargo plane itself. After the plane takes off, the location changes to the airstrip hangar, for a more traditional multiplayer setting and layout. In the second half of the match, fighter planes will come in for a 'strafing run'. Players caught in the plane's firing range will be killed.

ooo

[quote name='Supplice']The Chateau is one of two maps that will be available in the multiplayer beta, the other being The Airstrip. An arena style map, The Chateau allows players to explore the interior and surroundings of the chateau. The map is very vertical and includes ziplines, a new interactive feature for the series. As the match progresses, new portions of the chateau will be lit and burn during the match.

The Airstrip is a two-part map, in which the location and map layout change during the match. The first part of the match takes place on a large cargo plane being chased by trucks. Here, players can jump from truck to truck, and even board the cargo plane itself. After the plane takes off, the location changes to the airstrip hangar, for a more traditional multiplayer setting and layout. In the second half of the match, fighter planes will come in for a 'strafing run'. Players caught in the plane's firing range will be killed.

ooo[/QUOTE]

i cant wait to shoot someone off of a zipline lol.

I can't wait (LOST spoiler)
to turn into smoke like John Locke

I can't wait to defend / attack a rolling airplane

I can't wait for new boosters and medal awards

I can't wait to shoot people off ziplines

I can't wait to learn that Doughnut Cloe is an unlockable skin

[quote name='Mr. 420']They seriously have a booster that allows you to regenerate health 70% faster?[/QUOTE]

It's still early, but also I think in an IGN vid they switched it to a medal reward or mentions stipulations (such as for z seconds or some such).

During an interview with French website Gameblog, Christophe Balesta, Co-founder of Naughty Dog, confirmed that there will be a collector’s edition of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception

He said that they’ll be unveiling details about the edition in the near future and that fans can expect it to be great. Here’s a rough translation:
“There will be a collector’s edition (…) This version will incorporate it, we’ll talk about it soon … and it will be great!”
oo

When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta start?
If you have the voucher from Infamous 2 or a PlayStation Plus subscription, June 28th. If you're what I like to call a "normie," July 4th.

When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta end?
July 13th.

What's the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta level cap?
Level 25, bro.

What modes are included in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
There are nine modes. Team Deathmatch (duh), 3-Team Deathmatch (three teams of two face off), Team Objective (complete the assigned goals), Free For All (kill everyone), Plunder (capture the treasure), High Stakes (gamble with your XP and cash), and three co-op modes I can't tell you about yet but swear I will blow them out this week.

Which maps are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
There's an airfield one and a French chateau. Both are multi-level with plenty to climb. They each pack dynamic events to keep the matches lively like attacking planes and collapsing structures. Check out our Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta map flythroughs to see the arenas.

What Uncharted 3 power plays are in the beta?
As touched on in the multiplayer reveal, Uncharted 3 packs power plays. These are one-minute events that'll occur in blowouts to give the losing team a fighting chance (although the winning team can benefit, too). The Uncharted 3 multiplayer packs four Power Plays.

• Marked Man - A person on the winning team is marked, and the losing team gets 3 points if they kill him. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each kill and a special medal if the Marked Man doesn't die.
  • Cursed - The winning team sees all characters as skeletons and friendly fire is turned on. Each time the losing team gets a kill or the winning team kills one of its own, the losing team gets two points. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each member of the losing team killed.
  • Exposed - The winning team's location is revealed to the losing team. The winning team gets double cash for each losing team member killed.
  • Double Damage - Losing team inflicts double damage. Winning team earns double cash for each kill.

What boosters are available in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
Boosters -- equipable abilities that affect gameplay -- are back in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, but they've been revamped. When you choose one of these abilities and use it, you earn experience points for it. So, you're leveling up your profile and your abilities individually when you play the game. The Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta is going to feature eight boosters spread over two slots.

Booster Slot 1 Options

• Come Here - See the opponent that killed you on your radar until he or she dies.
  • Retaliation - Spawn with the Power Weapon you were killed by.
  • Cloaked - Opponents won't see you on the radar and you can't be heard.
  • Weapon Expert - Gives you the ability to add additional mods to you weapons.
Booster Slot 2 Options

• Back in the Saddle - Reduces your respawn time.
  • Bargain - Decreases the cost of Medal Kickbacks. (Special powers you set before the game and have to earn in a match.)
  • Power Hunter - See the location of Power Weapons.
  • Daredevil - When you taunt over a defeated opponent, you get extra ammo.

What Medal Kickbacks are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
Before you start a match, you decide which Medal Kickback you want to use. When you're out there on the battlefield and start earning medals, you start building toward your kickback. Get the amount of medals needed to use the kickback, and you can pull off the uber-maneuver.

• Smoke Bomb - You vanish in a puff of smoke.
  • Speedy G - You get a speed boost.
  • RPG!!! - You instantly spawn an RPG.
  • Cluster Bomb - One grenade explodes into multiple grenades.
What guns are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
AK-47, G-Mal and the Dragon Sniper round out the long guns. Pistols are also included, and the above Medal Kickback confirms RPGs.

What Mods are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
For your long guns, there are two -- clip size and Call Out (which shows the location of enemies). For the pistols, you can increase the total amount of ammo and the rate of fire for the Arm Micro.

What characters are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
If you choose to be a hero, you can be Nathan Drake, Sully or a treasure hunter. If you're going to be a villain, you're a pirate. However, remember that you can customize the hell out of these characters. Shirts, hats, sunglasses, and more will help you make your avatar your own.

ooo

Does your beta experience usually transfer over into the retail game? I mean, if you max at lvl25, do you get to start there when the game releases?

[quote name='nbballard']Does your beta experience usually transfer over into the retail game? I mean, if you max at lvl25, do you get to start there when the game releases?[/QUOTE]

No you will start back at level 1.

Uncharted 2 was one of my favorite game to play single player and online for quite awhile. I was really excited to get uncharted 3 this year but all these new additions look like crap to me. I will play the beta a bunch and might change my mind, but i don't think i will be paying more than 30 bucks for this game. Throw a grenade and multiple grenades spawn from that grenade, spack with a power weapon, I just want to climb and shoot and not worry about super powers or power weapons. Sounds really lame but thats not a surprise considering the Uncharted 2 beta was better than the current Uncharted 2 online product. Really, Really disapointed in Naughty Dog, plus that cover is terrible.

So, if it starts on June 28th, and all PSN members get a free month of PlayStation Plus, doesn't that mean everyone will be in it?

Retaliation - Spawn with the Power Weapon you were killed by.

dont like this booster one bit... mainly cuz id grab the hammer and anal rape the entire team. lol

[quote name='The Ebbtide']So, if it starts on June 28th, and all PSN members get a free month of PlayStation Plus, doesn't that mean everyone will be in it?[/QUOTE]

yuppers

I might catch some flack for this, but at the moment I don't like the direction they seem to be taking the MP. Vanish into a puff of smoke? Re-spawn with a power weapon? Throw a grenade that turns into multiple grenades? They just seem gimmicky.

I'm just not a fan of the Power Plays. But who knows, it could be fun.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']I might catch some flack for this, but at the moment I don't like the direction they seem to be taking the MP. Vanish into a puff of smoke? Re-spawn with a power weapon? Throw a grenade that turns into multiple grenades? They just seem gimmicky.

I'm just not a fan of the Power Plays. But who knows, it could be fun.[/QUOTE]

i agree alot of these new perks/powerups sound crappy and hokey at best and easily exploitaable. on top of that they have yet to adresss what if any measures they will be taking against lag switchers. that issue alone makes me wonder if its worth it to buy day one i love the series and the mp but im really getting fed up with how rampant lag switching occurs. none of their new changes will mean a damn when someone can freeze you in place and shoot you dead.

Looking forward to it. I am just looking for a really fun time. I wouldn't bash until you at least get a chance to try it. I've been playing U2 MP all day. Having a blast really.

[quote name='8bitArtist']http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/30/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-chateau-multiplayer-map
please go into detail about lag switching. i hear so many people complain about it but really dont know how it works or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I play MP a lot from time to time and I've never noticed any 'lag switching.' Then again maybe I'm not l33t enough to notice.

Anyway, this game could have the suckiest MP ever, but it's still a day 1 buy for me regardless.

I really hope they have a great C.E. for the game.

I was really disappointed w/ my KZ H.E. and the I2 hero edition just doesn't look like it's worth a c-note.

[quote name='8bitArtist']http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/05/30/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-chateau-multiplayer-map

please go into detail about lag switching. i hear so many people complain about it but really dont know how it works or whatever.[/QUOTE]

basically the person who uses a lag switch can kill you quickly and in some cases instantly while also surviving being shot alot. what ive run into recently is going after someone or moving around in a game and suddenly being stuck in place unable to movie while an enemy will shot me dead.

there are whole 5 man teams of people who lag switch and nd does nothing about it and if i remember correctly when people would post videos on their site about people doing ti the people posting the videos would get in trouble. theres alos one where you get killed and when you respawn youre instanly killed by a grenade.

this kind of shit happens alot in mp shooters apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRN15Q3bFXM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_Cap0N7NU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRotx5cEeB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw1Uo4vHLjA

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Same here, I play MP a lot from time to time and I've never noticed any 'lag switching.' Then again maybe I'm not l33t enough to notice.

Anyway, this game could have the suckiest MP ever, but it's still a day 1 buy for me regardless.[/QUOTE]

the lag switch incidents ive come up against most is being frozen in place unable to move while an enemy kills you , or being shot at through walls when nobody is near you, the grenade teleport, games thats tsart up with all your teammates being frozen in place and never moving as well as the enemy seemingly frozen but then youll notce people getting kills. how some of you havent seen this yet is beyond me but if you want to know more check out the videos and also check out the nd forum.

I have run into people going into walls and being able to shoot through walls but the other things, not at all. Btw, I'm also hoping this game gets a nifty special edition, since I would probably get that as well.

I hope they don't make it an exclusive edition like they did with U2 where you could only win it through a contest, IIRC.

i still dont get what im watching. how are they "lag switching"

ive died from grenades right when i would spawn a few times but i thought it was just a glitch in the game much like when i was able to pull people through the floor on the ice cave. ha

I only played the competitive mode once for the Trophy, but I've experienced lag issues like this in Halo and Gears of War. I always assumed it was just lag on my or their end. How would you honestly know the difference?

Can this only be done in host based games, like those without dedicated servers?

I'm surprised Naughty Dog wouldn't take any action against glitching. It's almost as bad as the glitchers in Gears of War, which actually made me stop playing the online of that game. If you won't punish those that ruin my gaming experience via exploits, I'll be forced to no longer play your game.

Btw, this might be a silly question but: Doesn't everyone get access to the early beta since they're offering PSN+ for free for a month?

Or will I have to find a way to sneak into the beta?

[quote name='lokizz']i agree alot of these new perks/powerups sound crappy and hokey at best and easily exploitaable. on top of that they have yet to adresss what if any measures they will be taking against lag switchers. [/QUOTE]

I'm disappointed in the fact they brought in radar, wtf. Sounds like cloak is going to be my new favorite booster. Also, the new boosters can be leveled up. I wouldn't be surprised if in the beta or retail they would push out more "title" updates to fix balancing issues every so often like U2.

As for lag switching, I encounter it frequently as well, but they aren't much of a nuisance since those that use it are terrible at the game anyway.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...al&utm_campaign=uncharted3_multiplayer_053111

By now you’ve probably read the full details of what you’ll get with UNCHARTED 3’s upcoming multiplayer beta. Now, in our new video interview, Naughty Dog’s top developers reveal just how deep this rabbit hole goes. At a glance, UNCHARTED 3’s most obvious multiplayer enhancement lies in its sweeping character customization options in the form of weapon loadouts, gun mods and a wide selection of ability-enhancing Boosters. You’ll be able to modify your character’s appearance in almost every way, whether you want to slap some aviators on Nathan Drake or cobble together a custom hero or villain from scratch. “There are hundreds and hundreds of parts and every part has a customizable color,” Game Director Justin Richmond tells us. “You can look the way you want to look. We want it to feel personal.”

“Personal” is a theme that permeates every yawning nook and cavernous cranny of UNCHARTED 3’s redesigned multiplayer experience. Underneath the ultra-polished shooting mechanics and well-balanced arsenal of weapons lies a social media platform that is positively thrumming with potential. With UNCHARTED 3, community is finally a two-way street: You can tap into your Facebook friend list to recruit a Buddy, then fight by his side while earning rewards for coordinated kills — with a bonus for landing the obligatory post-kill high-five. Afterwards, you can upload your favorite video clips to Facebook and YouTube for sharing. Or, if you prefer, you can watch streaming community clips via UNCHARTED TV while you wait for the next match to begin.

You’ll get your hands on UNCHARTED 3’s new multiplayer modes when the beta begins on June 28th for PlayStation Plus subscribers and owners of specially marked copies of inFAMOUS 2; full access follows on July 5th for all PSN users. Watch the video and read on for more excerpts from our interview with Game Director Justin Richmond and Game Designer Roger Cogburn. And chime in with any questions in the comments!

Uncharted 3: airstrip approachUncharted 3: airstrip jump

[quote name='8bitArtist']Retaliation - Spawn with the Power Weapon you were killed by.

dont like this booster one bit... mainly cuz id grab the hammer and anal rape the entire team. lol

yuppers[/QUOTE]

Since the free month would end before the beta period ends it looks like to me that non-PSN subscribers will have access to the Uncharted 3 beta test for the few days that the beta and free PSN period overlap. At that point, you wouldn't be able to log online to play the MP beta.Am I missing anything here?

[quote name='Donut2922']Since the free month would end before the beta period ends it looks like to me that non-PSN subscribers will have access to the Uncharted 3 beta test for the few days that the beta and free PSN period overlap. At that point, you wouldn't be able to log online to play the MP beta.Am I missing anything here?[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess (since the Infamous code is a one time thing), it will be getting access to the file that would be the big deal. Not being an active plus member. Could be wrong. Also, does PSN + start as soon as the store comes back? Or do you have to enroll? If it is enroll, just wait a few days to be safe. :lol:

i know they wont let your level transfer but i hope youll be able to transfer the character you create over to the final game.

[quote name='lokizz']i know they wont let your level transfer but i hope youll be able to transfer the character you create over to the final game.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it since that will require level "unlocks." Would be cool though.

EDIT - Or at least have something that carries over or unlocks for playing through the beta... ala Gears 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saint Noir']Doubt it since that will require level "unlocks." Would be cool though.

EDIT - Or at least have something that carries over or unlocks for playing through the beta... ala Gears 3.[/QUOTE]

they should have something especially considering how theyre going on about this feature. i really hope they have trench coats in the game as well as beards. and more taunts humping people was fun for a while but got old quick. i also want to know if any of the dlc from u2 will transfer over and if not will they keep the u2 servers up.

[quote name='Saint Noir']If I had to guess (since the Infamous code is a one time thing), it will be getting access to the file that would be the big deal. Not being an active plus member. Could be wrong. Also, does PSN + start as soon as the store comes back? Or do you have to enroll? If it is enroll, just wait a few days to be safe. :lol:[/QUOTE]

My guess is PSN+ would start alongside the rest of the free games to DL

I highly doubt Naughty Dog's beta can hold that many people and they probably weren't thinking that many people would be playing the beta when they announced it. Naughty Dog likes to think they are thinking outside the box with all these modifications to there multiplayer but they look more like retards thinking inside a box.
They did let other companies make other Crash Bandicoot games that were terrible, and for what? More Money? I Piss on these new updates to a multiplayer experience and i haven't even tried them.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I highly doubt Naughty Dog's beta can hold that many people and they probably weren't thinking that many people would be playing the beta when they announced it. Naughty Dog likes to think they are thinking outside the box with all these modifications to there multiplayer but they look more like retards thinking inside a box.
They did let other companies make other Crash Bandicoot games that were terrible, and for what? More Money? I Piss on these new updates to a multiplayer experience and i haven't even tried them.[/QUOTE]

Thats the thing you're already writing things off before you try just like when you thought the person that uses ps move controller has a better chance to get head shots when thats not true :roll:

[quote name='Mr. 420']I highly doubt Naughty Dog's beta can hold that many people and they probably weren't thinking that many people would be playing the beta when they announced it. Naughty Dog likes to think they are thinking outside the box with all these modifications to there multiplayer but they look more like retards thinking inside a box.
They did let other companies make other Crash Bandicoot games that were terrible, and for what? More Money? I Piss on these new updates to a multiplayer experience and i haven't even tried them.[/QUOTE]

They made a mistake and didn't OWN the rights to Crash... a mistake they have never since repeated (them or Sony).

What the F do you mean "they weren't thinking that many people would be playing".... it has always been scheduled to be open for EVERYONE. Yes, Plus and Infamous buyers were set to get it a week early... before... you know... everyone. Nice thinking on your part.

was reading a new article about this on ign and now apparently youll be able to toss peoples grenades back at them and you can toss grenades while rolling or jumping. these imo are very welcome changes.

Big interview on IGN includes this line... maybe there will be a beta bonus? Find out next week, I'm sure.

"We have a solid multi-week plan that changes and updates content on a regular basis, along with providing bonuses to players who participate as much as possible throughout the beta period."

5790232886_197bc3ffc4_b.jpg

5790233934_50df92bd68_b.jpg

3dwQ5.jpg

With pre-order goodies :

Best Buy - Regeneration Booster
Allows you to "boost your healing power to recover from your wounds more quickly."

Amazon.com - Carpet Bomb Kickback
Allows you to "send out three grenades with a single throw to blanket your opponent – or take out a group of opponents – with multiple explosions."

Amazon.com – Clip Size Mod for Para 9 or G-MAL
Allows you to increase the size of the bullet clip for your weapon of choice and "spend more time shooting your opponents before having to reload."

GameStop - Creepy Crawler Kickback
Allows you to "turn into a swarm of deadly creatures for a limited time and overwhelm your enemies."

Wal-Mart - Callout Mod for AK-47
Allows you to "equip your AK-47 with a laser sight that enables your entire team to see the location of the opponent you are currently targeting."

All Other Participating Retailers - Uncharted 3 PSN Avatar & Static Theme for PS3

Wonder what is up with those retailer exclusive boosters and kickbacks... especially...
"Creepy Crawler Kickback
Allows you to "turn into a swarm of deadly creatures for a limited time and overwhelm your enemies."

Hope they aren't "exclusive" for long or are just ones you don't have to buy and can be unlocked by anyone.

bread's done
Back