Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

Got like two matches in that worked correctly but a friend's PS3 froze twice during those games. Then afterwards, I got nothing but black screens that led to everyone in the lobby dropping and freezes.

Other than that, as far as gameplay goes, I don't like a bunch of the new elements. Power plays are ridiculous and reward casual idiots, the maps aren't as good as U2 so far, and there's been issues with the framerate.

train-wreck-1.jpg

Other than the usual expected beta problems

[quote name='ssjmichael']Took forever to find a match(same length as UC2 imo),laggy as all hell(had few good matches but generally yea), can't barely move two steps(framerate drops like crazy in some matches). Then I get stuck in a wall(Check), going through crates(check), and to top it off it locks up my PS3(Quadruple check.) [/QUOTE]

I have to say that it's a first to have code break on me during a match lmao. "Unrecognized String" ....Me:"what the fuck! I didn't do anything".... and then back to the lobby. So far I have to say they are doing a wonderful job because it plays and feels like an upgrade from Uncharted 2 but I have faith they'll be able to fix it up by launch .

I agree that two nades should be standard but I feel like the auto ammo pickup is a much better substitute.

I'm hyped!

The beta's unplayable for me. It just doesn't work. Matchmaking works fine, but whenever I get in a match it either freezes or black screens. It's a mess. Uncharted 2's beta didn't give me any problems.

I just tried to play a game and couldn't finish it. It started out fine as a 3 vs 3 TDM but it started lagging really bad a couple minutes into the match. My character was basically bouncing around and when I got killed from a melee attack when there was nobody around me at all, I knew it was time to shut it off. I didn't hang around for my PS3 to freeze up.

Hopefully they sort out this lag and other connection issues by tomorrow. And maybe they'll extend the beta by a day or two because of this but I doubt it.

Had freezing/lag issues for the first few matches that I played, but it's been fine for the last few. Is there a stats page anywhere that I might be overlooking?

All afternoon and evening was lag, connection issues, and every single attempt resulted in my PS3 locking up. But I got to play for an hour just now and had no problems, most likely cause it was midnight and a large portion of the players are off it. That leads me to believe all these issues we're having IS server based and not the game itself.

Here I thought it was just me with the lag issues. Had a problem with syncing my trophies right afterward too, but it seems fine now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Had freezing/lag issues for the first few matches that I played, but it's been fine for the last few. Is there a stats page anywhere that I might be overlooking?[/QUOTE]

No stats page that I could find. Hope that is something they include with the full game at launch. Having to wait for it in UC2 sucked.

Anyway, had a bunch of freezing issues and lag at first. Then played about 5 Three Team Deathmatches with my buddy and it was good. Just got done with about an hour of good standard Team Deathmatches then the game disconnected me from PSN and froze. Think they may have taken the servers down to work on them.

I know this is a beta and all but uncharted 3's multiplayer game play kind of sucks. There isn't any fluidity in movement and characters move really slow. Same goes for the aiming mechanism. I hope it polishes up by launch (which I'm sure it will).

There is room for improvement for sure. I hope ND works out the bugs soon. I liked the moving airplane and trucks in the Deathmatch game I played. I loved the last multiplayer they put out so I have high hope still. I just hope they dont give us the gimmicky stuff in lieu of a good solid game.

after downloading the patch i just played about 6 games of deathmatch with no issues. i really like the loadouts and all the customization they have now and even the power plays to try and even out the matches. my only issues so far were some really sketchy kills, but that happens in almost all online shooters and i just had one of my best matches and the connection got dropped.

If anyone needs a code, PM me, I got one today in an email from Subway or something, I'd post it on the boards but too many lurkers these days.

[quote name='hustletron']If anyone needs a code, PM me, I got one today in an email from Subway or something, I'd post it on the boards but too many lurkers these days.[/QUOTE]
I got one of these too. I'm trying to figure out who needs these though.

Doesn't everyone have the option for free PS+ right now?

I'm going to give it another try when I get home later, but I feel this beta has shortened my PS3's life expectancy by at least a year.

[quote name='nbballard']I got one of these too. I'm trying to figure out who needs these though.

Doesn't everyone have the option for free PS+ right now?[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone who JUST got a PS3....not sure how that works, but I'm assuming people that did not have an account, maybe do not have free PS+?!

That was a waste of 1.7GB. A shotgun blast from about 5-6 feet away at someones' chest should be an instant kill...it wasn't. And I unloaded 2 clips into a guy, hitting him at least 25% of the time and he lived. They either need to lower the player HP or I'll be passing on this.

[quote name='doubledown']Maybe someone who JUST got a PS3....not sure how that works, but I'm assuming people that did not have an account, maybe do not have free PS+?![/QUOTE]
Your right- new users since the outage or users who never DLed anything from the store wouldn't have PS+.

Anyway- i've got one of those codes too if anyone needs it.

[quote name='8bitArtist']im trying to install this fucking patch and it just keeps resetting my god damned ps3[/QUOTE]

That's happened to me several times with different games. I never understood what causes it. I just kept trying it over and over until it finally lets me download it.

Far as the mp in general. It feels different than Uncharted 2. I think I like the mp to uncharted 2 better. This one feels like every other mp game to me and its like there trying to be more competitive with it.

[quote name='nbballard']Your right- new users since the outage or users who never DLed anything from the store wouldn't have PS+.

Anyway- i've got one of those codes too if anyone needs it.[/QUOTE]

Actually users who never downloaded anything but existed pre-outage can get ps+

[quote name='nbballard']Doesn't everyone have the option for free PS+ right now?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, anyone who met the cutoff date for a welcome back package can get in. I saw it listed last night when I was checking to see if they added anything else free that isn't shit (lol nope). So you fuckers are why I was getting kicked off PSN a couple times last night while playing Dead Nation.

OMFG, the patch keeps force rebooting my system
facepalm2.gif

How the fark did ND go from the best PS3 devs to having the worst coded PS3 beta (by a huge margin) I've ever played, or attempted to play? Even in the game data it shows up as "Unchartted 2: Among Thieves". Just terrible

[quote name='lokizz']i love the gmal.[/QUOTE]

Me too. There is nothing like always outclassing someone using an AK or M9 at close range and hearing them rage on their mic or getting hate mail :lol:.

I've been playing most of the morning, a little stiffer then Uncharted 2, great game though.

Add me if anyone wants to do some co-op or 3TD.

[quote name='SynGamer']That was a waste of 1.7GB. A shotgun blast from about 5-6 feet away at someones' chest should be an instant kill...it wasn't. And I unloaded 2 clips into a guy, hitting him at least 25% of the time and he lived. They either need to lower the player HP or I'll be passing on this.[/QUOTE]

i have a feeling ill just be playing nothing but hardcore and co-op when this game officially releases in november

[quote name='SynGamer']That was a waste of 1.7GB. A shotgun blast from about 5-6 feet away at someones' chest should be an instant kill...it wasn't. And I unloaded 2 clips into a guy, hitting him at least 25% of the time and he lived. They either need to lower the player HP or I'll be passing on this.[/QUOTE]

I kinda sort of agree about the HP but it's hard to gauge when the lag was so bad last night, I did get my hands on a shotgun and killed 3 people with it, most took 2 to 3 shots from pretty close range.

To fix the patching issue, just let it sit on the patch confirmation screen for 20 seconds before accepting. It sounds ridiculous but it works.

The matchmaking time is a little horrid, it is a beta after all.

But I've waited minutes to get into a match, which is pretty ridiculous.

The starts of airstrip is pretty fun, the heroes advantage is pretty gay though. And most people pick it simply to get the 500 points for free, so I've pretty much got all the power weapons and sniper points pinpointed on that map.

Chateau is pretty fun, the turret placement is actually really well thought out, though it has seemed that half of the map is rarely used.

[quote name='8bitArtist']To fix the patching issue, just let it sit on the patch confirmation screen for 20 seconds before accepting. It sounds ridiculous but it works.[/QUOTE]

Wow that worked thanks so much.

Finally played a match (the plane level). It was pretty fun, but boy do I suck. I went 3-11, totally brought my team down lmao

^^^
I believe its up on the dpad

Fun beta, a lot like uc2. the restarting of the ps3 every time I exit out of the beta is annoying though

[quote name='hustletron']I kinda sort of agree about the HP but it's hard to gauge when the lag was so bad last night, I did get my hands on a shotgun and killed 3 people with it, most took 2 to 3 shots from pretty close range.[/QUOTE]

If there was lag I could potentially understand, but I wasn't seeing any lag and every match was consistent: it took a massive amount of damage to kill someone, far more than what you would expect in real-life or a video game. It's just not fun when I have to unload an entire clip...

[quote name='SynGamer']It's just not fun when I have to unload an entire clip...[/QUOTE]

I agree. Seems like you have to unload a dam clip to take a player down.

After playing a bit today I completely agree, it takes way too many bullets, except of course when its me getting shot.

Then sme power play started and I became the vip? Dunno what that means but the game kept spawning me LITERALLY in front of an enemy every single time, I respawned 3 times, got killed instantly 3 times, turned the game off.

I also don't like the addition of sprint, uncharted 2 was fine without it.

I haven't had any real complaints with the gameplay. The powerups are a cool advantage, and most games, my final score is something like 13:4 or 11:6 or something. I'd have to say I'm pretty good.

There needs to be a meter for your sprint time.

The kickback button should be changed to the down arrow and the high five button to the up arrow.

Power play ruins the game. They added too much stuff and the normal game is not fun anymore because of it. Once it starts getting good it's turned into a mess by power play and some of the kickbacks. I would've preferred 16 player matches with more weapons and types of grenades and no power play at all unless there was only one type of power play per match.

The paid boosters should be removed, it makes it unbalanced.

It reminds me of Shadowrun for 360. Too much superfluous crap.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']There needs to be a meter for your sprint time.

The kickback button should be changed to the down arrow and the high five button to the up arrow.

Power play ruins the game. They added too much stuff and the normal game is not fun anymore because of it. Once it starts getting good it's turned into a mess by power play and some of the kickbacks. I would've preferred 16 player matches with more weapons and types of grenades and no power play at all unless there was only one type of power play per match.

The paid boosters should be removed, it makes it unbalanced.

It reminds me of Shadowrun for 360. Too much superfluous crap.[/QUOTE]

The words of a player who's on the receiving end of Power plays :cool:

[quote name='Organization_XIII']The words of a player who's on the receiving end of Power plays :cool:[/QUOTE]

If you're on the receiving end, you're winning, so....

bread's done
Back