VA Tech tragedy. 33 dead. *Shooter sent photos and video to NBC*

A korean english major, at VA Tech? Um ... what? :whistle2:?

You don't have to spend much time on a college campus to know how very true the stereotypes are, 90% of the time.

Of course, most people don't just snap and kill a massive amount of people one day, so I guess he was "special".

So is Virginia Tech just a name for a school? I thought the "Tech" implied techincal school... meaning engineering, biological sciences, physical sciences, etc. What are they doing having an English department anyway?

[quote name='PhrostByte']So is Virginia Tech just a name for a school? I thought the "Tech" implied techincal school... meaning engineering, biological sciences, physical sciences, etc. What are they doing having an English department anyway?[/quote]Even engineering majors need 1(1/2) - 2 years of English classes.

[quote name='ananag112']I was watching CNN this morning and they said there were two gunmen.

Also, CNN said Bush was going to VTech today. So now Bush will also use this to push his agenda somehow.[/QUOTE]

CNN is the bushshi...bullshit left wing version of Fox "News" Channel.

There is only one... they think. The cops say there isn't anyone else but they also didn't say they were connected either. I don't think anyone in that part of the country has a fucknig clue what's going on.

And what would Bush come out and say...

"Terrorists like this... is... is... the reason why... y'll should have... machine guns because those are.. are harder to... to hide?"

[quote name='ananag112']http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/17/cho.profile/index.html

Basketball is to blame!

"Cho 'was very quiet, always by himself,' neighbor Abdul Shash told The Associated Press. He said the family was quiet, and Cho often played basketball, according to an AP report."[/QUOTE]

we should cease the sale of basketball to minors.

and no one should be able to drive any more either:

Court records obtained by the AP show Cho got a speeding ticket from Virginia Tech police on April 7. He was cited for going 44 mph in a 25 mph zone, the AP reported, with a court date set for May 23.

As far as the video game/shootings debate goes, we actually had a debate about that in my spanish class this morning. it was a bit tough to follow since we had to talk in spanish, but a few people definitely said there is probably a strong connection between violent games and movies and this guy (despite not knowing anything about him.) I had surveyed this class before about this topic for a project and most people believed there was a significant causal connection between the columbine shootings and violent games.

[quote name='Apossum']we should cease the sale of basketball to minors.

and no one should be able to drive any more either:[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Bill O'Reilly has found out yet that he wasn't a born naturalized US citizen...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I wonder if Bill O'Reilly has found out yet that he wasn't a born naturalized US citizen...[/QUOTE]

Shhhh.....

[quote name='David85']Shhhh.....[/QUOTE]
*Slams fist on table*

HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THIS COUNTRY IN THE FIRST PLACE

I'd imagine it'll go something like that...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I wonder if Bill O'Reilly has found out yet that he wasn't a born naturalized US citizen...[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing.

But no one has answered the most important question: Did Cho own a PS2? An NES maybe? A Commodore 64? Soon as we find whatever games he was playing we can burn all copies of them and prevent this from ever happening again.

[quote name='johnnypark']I was wondering the same thing.

But no one has answered the most important question: Did Cho own a PS2? An NES maybe? A Commodore 64? Soon as we find whatever games he was playing we can burn all copies of them and prevent this from ever happening again.[/QUOTE]

I really hope we find out that he never played a video game in his life so Wacko Jacko can continue his record of ass-ness.

The probability of him owning a videogame system or playing PC games now that it's been confirmed that he's South Korean is about 99.99999%.

Court records obtained by the AP show Cho got a speeding ticket from Virginia Tech police on April 7. He was cited for going 44 mph in a 25 mph zone, the AP reported, with a court date set for May 23.
This is totally relevant. :roll: ;)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The probability of him owning a videogame system or playing PC games now that it's been confirmed that he's South Korean is about 99.99999%.[/QUOTE]

And has a small penis?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']And has a small penis?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I think that's the reason why he did it.

And watch NBC, they are showing EVERY Asian that goes to that school. Dumbasses.

And I'm calling NBC dumbasses, not the Asians.

Well that's just fucking great...

Apparently ANOTHER victim who died has geographical ties to me. He was from the town over from mine, Lincoln, RI. Absolutely terrible.

I know that I don't know them like other posters said, but it still hits home. I don't care what you say.

[quote name='David85']And watch NBC, they are showing EVERY Asian that goes to that school. Dumbasses.[/quote]
Here's a picture from yestarday:

Virginia_campus_8.jpg
Virginia_campus_8.jpg
Virginia_campus_8.jpg

Owned for being Asian on the worst possible day. :'(

it's sad how much race and ethnicity is emphasized by the media in cases like this.
They don't come right out and say "look out for asians" but video and pictures focus all their attention on asian people, it seems.

[quote name='Apossum']it's sad how much race and ethnicity is emphasized by the media in cases like this.
They don't come right out and say "look out for asians" but video and pictures focus all their attention on asian people, it seems.[/quote]

Yeah, I think it was MSNBC sometime today where an anchor was talking about how "this is so unlike the Korean community"....lol.... If the guy turned out to be black I am sure he would have said ..."well, this is very typical of the violent african american community";). I am so sick of an entire race or country being held responsible for one person's actions. Most Koreans don't go on shooting rampages so this guy shouldn't have either? What??

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Yeah, I think it was MSNBC sometime today where an anchor was talking about how "this is so unlike the Korean community"....lol.... If the guy turned out to be black I am sure he would have said ..."well, this is very typical of the violent african american community";). I am so sick of an entire race or country being held responsible for one person's actions. Most Koreans don't go on shooting rampages so this guy shouldn't have either? What??[/QUOTE]

yep, which goes to show how much the psychology and sociology behind the individual are really the only things worth examining in detail about people like this.

Sure he's korean, but if he had a crackhead mother, had encountered heavy racism at VA tech, or something of the sort, that would actually carry some weight.

in the absence of this info, we get this race/ethnicity-heavy reporting. and if it comes out that he played counterstrike religiously, than all investigations of his personal life will cease and the media will give a resounding "Yep, that's the cause. okay, lets run with this" and the headlines will read something like "South Koreans Who Play Counterstrike: A Potential Terrorist Threat?"

[quote name='Apossum']it's sad how much race and ethnicity is emphasized by the media in cases like this.
They don't come right out and say "look out for asians" but video and pictures focus all their attention on asian people, it seems.[/quote]

It's funny because when the Beltway sniper was killing people a few years ago there was absolute shock at the fact the perps were black. For some reason people have it ingrained in their minds that white males are the only ones capable of mass homicide and serial killings.

South Koreans actually have a high suicidal rate like the Japanese for similar cultural reasons. It wouldn't be "unlike the community" if he committed suicide, but it is that he killed 32 people along with him.

Still, the race card is bullshit IMO. What would they be saying if it was a black guy or a Mexican immigrant or an Arab/Muslim? Probably far worse. But even what they're doing now with the Asian card is still complete bullshit.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It's funny because when the Beltway sniper was killing people a few years ago there was absolute shock at the fact the perps were black. For some reason people have it ingrained in their minds that white males are the only ones capable of mass homicide and serial killings.[/QUOTE]

and when it came out that he was part of the nation of islam: "Oh, now it all makes sense" :lol: :roll: stupid media.

#$#$## coward. had a bad day so he had to kill people. Wasnt man enough just to kill himself .... if you have to kill someone then your just a coward

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I wonder if Bill O'Reilly has found out yet that he wasn't a born naturalized US citizen...[/quote]

theres a difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal permanent resident

[quote name='Dead of Knight']South Koreans actually have a high suicidal rate like the Japanese for similar cultural reasons. It wouldn't be "unlike the community" if he committed suicide, but it is that he killed 32 people along with him.

Still, the race card is bullshit IMO. What would they be saying if it was a black guy or a Mexican immigrant or an Arab/Muslim? Probably far worse. But even what they're doing now with the Asian card is still complete bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Wait a sec, you're calling out the media for playing the race card yet you posted this:
[quote name='Dead of Knight']The probability of him owning a videogame system or playing PC games now that it's been confirmed that he's South Korean is about 99.99999%.
[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what you did there too?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
Isn't that what you did there too?[/QUOTE]
Apparently the charge on the batteries of your sarcasm detector are empty. You should probably change them.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Yeah, I think it was MSNBC sometime today where an anchor was talking about how "this is so unlike the Korean community"....lol.... If the guy turned out to be black I am sure he would have said ..."well, this is very typical of the violent african american community";). I am so sick of an entire race or country being held responsible for one person's actions. Most Koreans don't go on shooting rampages so this guy shouldn't have either? What??[/quote]

So unlike Korean communities living in Korea, maybe. But he was a Korean living in America for the past 15 years, so he was a part of American culture, so it's not surprising at all. Why are they so surprised when people commit acts of violence domestically when all we have on the news is murders, racial profiling, and all the bad things that happen in our country? American culture glorifies violence in about every medium possible (but sex is dirty and wrong), and then when someone who's mentally unstable acts out and shoots up a school, and we're fucking surprised?

No disrespect, I live about 4 hours away from Tech and a lot of my friends go there.

I think the only thing that disgusts me more than the media coverage of all of this is the reaction of some people and the things they've posted online. People react to violence with violence, and I don't understand it. Read what some douche wrote on a Facebook memorial:

"I only wish this piece of shit wasn't given the opportunity to take his own life. That fucking coward should have lived out the rest of his stupid days suffering as much as possible. And for anyone that disagrees: 32 families have dead children right now. And fuck his family, his mother should have kept her legs closed. She brought the fucking devil into the world."

Where does all this hatred come from? I don't see how anyone could feel such intense rage towards another person like that (and even his family) and not realize it's those kind of emotions that make some people do these things. That isn't a justification, it's just the truth. As long as people react violently towards tragedy, there'll always be another Cho being bred to snap eventually and kill more.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I'd like to see his creative writing.[/QUOTE]

it's on digg now (from aol or something) didn't have time to read all of them.. supposely disturbing and badly written (like this post ;) )

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I'd like to see his creative writing.[/quote]

You guys know he was found with a note? That's what I'm waiting for... That note is probably pretty intense. :\

This professor killed was a true hero:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liviu_Librescu

At age 76, Librescu was among the thirty-three people killed in the Virginia Tech massacre on April 16, 2007. He was killed during a class in the Norris Hall Engineering Building by a student (Cho Seung-hui, 23). Librescu held the door of his classroom shut while Cho was attempting to enter it; although he was shot through the door, he was able to prevent the gunman from entering the classroom until his students had escaped through the windows. A number of Librescu's students have called him a hero because of his actions, with one student, Asael Arad, saying that all the professor's students "lived because of him". Librescu's son, Joe, said he had received e-mails from several students who said he had saved their lives, and regarded him a hero.

He was also a Holocaust survivor. Truly a hero.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This professor killed was a true hero:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liviu_Librescu

He was also a Holocaust survivor. Truly a hero.[/QUOTE]

One hard-ass almost 80 year old Holocaust survivor saved a bunch of 20 somethings....something about that doesn't make any sense. And I don't mean that like HE DINIT DO IT11!! I mean, you'd think one of the students would've been trying to save the old guy.

the backlash has begun!

this afternoon when I was at Federal Plaza, I went to got hot dogs. The guy casually asked me this as he was preparing the food. "Hey are you Korean?" needless to say I had to hold back the laughter.

I responded..."no I didn't go nuts in Virginia yesterday...and besides I'm Chinese"

he responded by giving me a "thumbs up" and then I walked away

apparently this middle eastern gentleman thought that after I finished my hot dogs and orangade I was going to go into federal plaza and shoot up the place.

I guess the thumbs up means he knew I was one of the "good ones"

Reality's Fringe;2843293 said:
One hard-ass almost 80 year old Holocaust survivor saved a bunch of 20 somethings....something about that doesn't make any sense. And I don't mean that like HE DINIT DO IT11!! I mean, you'd think one of the students would've been trying to save the old guy.
It makes sense. He probably felt that since his life was mostly over at age 76, he may as well do the heroic thing and save his students, who have whole lives ahead of them. He led a really good, fulfilling life if you read the wiki.

[quote name='youruglyclone']the backlash has begun!

this afternoon when I was at Federal Plaza, I went to got hot dogs. The guy casually asked me this as he was preparing the food. "Hey are you Korean?" needless to say I had to hold back the laughter.

I responded..."no I didn't go nuts in Virginia yesterday...and besides I'm Chinese"

apparently this middle eastern gentleman thought that after I finished my hot dogs and orangade I was going to go into federal plaza and shoot up the place.

I guess the thumbs up means he knew I was one of the "good ones"[/QUOTE]
That's absolutely fucking disgusting.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']theres a difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal permanent resident[/QUOTE]

Not in Billo's head. You have to be born here to white Catholic parents otherwise they should ship you out!

The mayor of Nagasaki was shot and killed today by the mob.

The shooting was rare in a country where handguns are strictly banned and only four politicians are known to have been killed since World War II.

So everyone who thinks all guns should be ban this is further proof that is a dumb idea. Ciminals will still have the guns!

Got the video of Thompson hosted. This interview was early this morning at about 4:30 PST.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJm5cZ3SNM[/MEDIA]

[quote name='d00k']It's so weird to think that at some point today during our normal routines, 32 people were being shot...

I'm having a hard time grasping the concept.[/quote]

[quote name='dastly75']not to downplay this incident but massacres happen a lot more often than you may think, this one just hits a hell of a lot closer to home[/quote]

I know I've already responded but I'd like to add something more substantial:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6554887.stm

Fortunately for us these massacres aren't happening as often as in other places.

That is very middle schoolish writing.

In college I had to rewrite a short story from a different point of view. I hate writing, you should be able to tell that, but his writings make mine look like a classic.

I like part of the first play where the teen is yelling at the stepdad for being an ass when the teen didn't seem to like his dad anyways.

And the mother picks up a chainsaw and chases the stepdad after like a 2 minute fight? Wow... that was the dumbest bullshit I have read.

Yeah my fiancee is a senior at Tech and I have spent much of the past 4 years between work and Va Tech; even though I didnt go there for my undergrad, I truly love that college.

What a sad thing to happen to so many families and friends. It really is horrible that so many are twisting this tragedy for political gains.

[quote name='youruglyclone']the backlash has begun!

I guess the thumbs up means he knew I was one of the "good ones"[/quote]

A middle eastern guy asked you that?

That's almost as crazy as what I heard at a party on Sat - this middle eastern vegan chick dressed like a hoochie said America isn't ready for a black president - it's like - WTF

It amazes me how this country has not collectively choked themselves to death on pretzels by now.

Or, at the very least, the majority of this country.

Between the obvious idiocy going on by a lot of people right now - Jack Thompson, Dr. Phil, numerous-psychologists-to-come, Bill O'Rielly, etc - now we've got to look forward to political agendas being pushed on this tragedy, West Boro Church picketing the funerals in a show of whatever goddamned creed they follow, and (I imagine) a lot of anti-(insert Asian race here) sentiment.

It's like people can't just understand what the fuck just happened. They have to worry and talk about a bunch of miscellaneous bullshit instead, and then drive me crazy in the process.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Yeah, I think it was MSNBC sometime today where an anchor was talking about how "this is so unlike the Korean community"[/quote]

What that also does is reveal a division between "Korean" and "American" as though Koreans living here are simply Korean and not American.

I don't think that people will ever stop asking me, "No, but where are you really from?" when I tell them I'm from Los Angeles. So many non-Asians just can't seem to get it through their heads that there are Asians and Hispanics who were actually born and raised here and are every bit as American as whites and blacks.

[quote name='camoor']A middle eastern guy asked you that?

That's almost as crazy as what I heard at a party on Sat - this middle eastern vegan chick dressed like a hoochie said America isn't ready for a black president - it's like - WTF[/quote]

I can only speak for some of the Middle Eastern people I know or have come across: I don't think there's any question that they face more than their fair share of prejudice, and because of that some of them then try to become as "American" (i.e. stereotypically white) as possible, whether consciously or subconsciously.

I really wish it was just a white guy, especially since Tech is almost 90% white. It would make this a whole hell of a lot less retarded.

And I didn't mean anything bad DoK or anybody else, it's just that when you give special legitimacy to the deaths of some you're taking it away from others. As if their lives are worth less.

I would look into if he was sexually assaulted or raped. His "writings" have a lot to do with 'ass-raping and priest raping and things like that.

The racial issue is overkill. Thought I heard one report where one of the professors killed was asian. Which honestly doesn't matter. 33 people died. No matter what race, religion, and/or sex of the individuals.

As for Jack Thompson, get a flippin clue. It's not rocket science to walk into a room, point a gun, and fire.

bread's done
Back